Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Indian Country by Kurt Schlichter

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Indian Country by Kurt Schlichter

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 04 Jan 2020, 10:16:38

If your doomerism points towards a second American Civil War then this book is for you!

This novel and its fellow novel are set five years after the next Democratic President is elected. Extreme gun laws are passed by Congress leading to a break up of the United states with the Blue states and Red states going separate ways initially along the borders of the existing states. Indian Country is set in southern Indiana which was made one of the Blue states but where the rural population in the southern counties object to the new laws. Our protagonist is Kelly Turnbull, veteran turned Red Government secret agent who is sent to Indiana to determine if the Red counties really want to separate from the Blue counties and to help them if the desire is strong enough.

If you are true Blue you might read this book to see all the stereotypes you love played out in the Blue states and see just how far Red the hard core Red believers are. If you are true Red the same thing, but reversed.

I found the stereotypes of both sides rather amusing, but I doubt the true believers on the far ends of the spectrum of left to right will agree with that. Anyhow its only $4.99 on Kindle so if you can afford to waste time hanging out here you can buy it and add your review to this thread. Curious what Asg70/Cog will have to say.
Ebook Link
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Indian Country by Kurt Schlichter

Unread postby Cog » Sat 04 Jan 2020, 10:33:08

Sounds a lot like Unintended Consequences by John Ross. I'll check it out.

It is the natural progression of all governments to trend towards authoritarianism.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 05 Jan 2020, 20:46:37

Cog wrote:Sounds a lot like Unintended Consequences by John Ross. I'll check it out.

It is the natural progression of all governments to trend towards authoritarianism.

Wow. That one Cog mentioned, which apparently is out of print, is EXPENSIVE used on Amazon and Abe Books.

Usually, stuff I want to read that is out of print is dirt cheap used.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby careinke » Mon 06 Jan 2020, 00:48:06

I bought it, I'll let you know when I finish it. Looks like a fun read.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Sun 19 Jan 2020, 04:02:55

It was a fun read, but a little over the top. I actually enjoyed it and ended up getting all four books (I just started book four). I suggest people reading it, read the intro pages of the books (it will help with the story line).

It's been a while since I've read some good fiction. I'll have to read some more.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Book/Media Reviews