Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline

Unread postby jato0072 » Tue 04 Jul 2023, 14:15:03

"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 04 Jul 2023, 18:35:33

So what. If you made a cataloged all the dumb shit Biden has said in his too long career you would have the biggest, dumbest book ever written.

As Delaware is basically a big suburb of Philadelphia, and since I lived in Philly for 35 years, and because I worked transit, and Biden is a transit booster, I got to hear his blather all too frequently. His gaffs are not a sign of old age, but of foot in mouth disease.

Just last week he mentioned a program to build a railroad across the Indian Ocean.

When you start quoting the town blathering idiot’s rantings as your own evidence you are only showing the weakness of your argument.

Edit:

I wanted to link a list of Biden gaffs. When I google “list of Biden gaffs” the first hot was for “Foot in Mouth Disease.”

Here is one that hits on notable blunders, and here are many more… lists let aline blunders.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fun:List_ ... den_gaffes
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jato0072 » Tue 04 Jul 2023, 18:47:22

Yeah, I am not defending an old coot. You are totally missing the point. He said he would end Nordstream (specifically named) if Russia invaded and then it happened. So your argument of "a crazy old man" holds no water with me on this issue. Perhaps having dementia has made him prescient?

I could go on, but this has been hashed and rehashed. I am still open to new evidence, but all of the evidence thus far points to GAE as the culprit.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 04 Jul 2023, 18:54:09

Jato,

What evidence? I have not seen you cite ANY evidence pointing to the USA.

It would be great if we could limit this conversation to evidence.

What little evidence we have concerns what vessels were in the vicinity of the explosion sites leading up to the explosions. We have more or less info on some dozen or two vessels of interest.

We also are starting to get some sonar images of the pipe line damage, but at least one hunk of pipe is missing, presumed to be with investigators. Have a fair idea of how many ruptures and their locations and the time of the ruptures. We know explosives were used. But multiple ruptures MAY have occurred due to sudden loss of pressure and gas blowing out at additional sites.

But specifics such size of explosive and type of explosives remain highly speculative. We do not know with certainty how many charges there were. Ditto placement method and triggering device.

Then there is the question of why which pipes were blown. There are 4 pipes in total.
NS1A - blown - maybe 2x
NS1B - Blown - maybe 2x
NS2A - blown in 2 widely different locations
NS2B - NOT BLOWN

WTF!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby evilgenius » Thu 06 Jul 2023, 08:39:27

That way, with one pipeline intact, the Russians can capitalize on the propaganda while still having half of their historical potential capacity. After the war, if it goes well for them, it would be less trouble to build another single string of pipe rather than lay three more. They were only ever going to be approved for what two lines could deliver anyway.

Newfie isn't like this, but some people are. If you can't get past the "why would the Russians destroy their own pipelines" drivel, then you need to consider if you are capable of putting wide ranging pieces of a puzzle like this together. You might be too busy watching where you get your information rather than thinking. I know, you like to speculate in such a manner where the US is always the enemy, and any corporation with more than about 15 employees does everything with motives straight out of horror movies. That chip on your shoulder is why your speculative capacity can't see how this benefits Russia.

That's not to say that the Russians did it. It is to say that I can see how and why. That's not hard to do, unless doing so causes you to have to let go of something else, America hating, really envy of success, which is so basic to some people that they can't do it.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 06 Jul 2023, 20:58:59

Evil,

There is also speculation about financial motives. I am not adept enough to explain it but essentially it comes down to 2 things.

Russia had only some of the ownership and the loss hurt other nations as much or more than Russia. Perhaps more because of the way insurance was structured.

Russia had not delivered contracted quantities of gas and was at risk of substantial penalties for failure to perform. Having the pipeline destroyed is speculated as being a method to avoid those penalties.

However can not evaluate the validity of those speculations. And they prove noting, do not constitute evidence so I have not concentrated on them.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ralfy » Fri 07 Jul 2023, 19:32:33

https://twitter.com/Sinnaig/status/1632011469075238916

Can you talk about why your husband put on Twitter the message 'Thank you USA' after we bombed the Nordstream
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 08 Jul 2023, 09:32:34

How is that evidence?

Lawyer asks man “Have you beaten hour wife sufficiently today?”

Who are these people anyway?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 08 Jul 2023, 20:21:48

Not so much evidence as asking simple questions that aren't being answered, except that it was just a joke.

What's notable is the motivation for making such a joke.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 09 Jul 2023, 13:48:13

Sounds to me like some Politician made a snap judgement and shot his mouth off.

How many times has THAT happened?

In the meantime I heard an explanation yesterday of the insurance issue.

Gasprom had been denying gas to Germany for a long time. Remember the BS about the maintenance turbine in Canada, and when Gazprom got it they said there were issues? Apparently Gasprom was a risk of having to pay Germany for failure to deliver the gas, at the new spot market prices. That would have taken an entire years worth of profits. They hoped that blowing the pipeline would put the matter into Force Majure and shielded them from penalties. This may all be BS, I am just filling in something I mentioned yesterday.

I am still waiting for evidence.

From Wiki.

On 27 September 2022, hours after the 2022 Nord Stream pipeline sabotage, Sikorski posted on Twitter "Thank you, USA" over a picture of the gas leaks that followed the explosions of the gas pipelines Nord Stream 1 and 2.[95] Four hours later, after numerous media outlets had speculated that Sikorski implied the U.S. blew up the pipelines,[96][97] he made subsequent tweets, where he called the explosions a "special maintenance operation", alluding to the Russian government's euphemism for the war in Ukraine.[98] Two days later, on 29 September, he deleted his "Thank you, USA" tweet, keeping only his follow up tweets.[99] By 30 September he had deleted his two subsequent tweets as well.[100][101]
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ralfy » Sun 09 Jul 2023, 20:53:12

The only "non-conspiracy" data we have of this is from last March:

"Intelligence suggests pro-Ukrainian group sabotaged pipelines, U.S. officials say"

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/ ... e-ukraine/
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to North America Discussion