Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Homeowners could be sued in Trayvon Martin case

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Homeowners could be sued in Trayvon Martin case

Unread postby wisconsin_cur » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:02:38

In a self-recognized moment of poor judgment, let me wade into this.

In a pic snapped even before Trayvon's body started to cool, the back of Zimmerman's head:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-case-exclusive-photo-shows-bloodied-back/story?id=16177849#.T5FQs9lWBIQ

"How bad could it have been if they didn't take him to the hospital [and] didn't stitch him up," he said in a statement to ABC News in response to the image. "The special prosecutor has seen all the evidence and still believes George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin."

Note how the Trayvon's family's argument now becomes circular. First they pressure the prosecutors to file charges (not willing to let the system work its course they allowed Jackson and Sharpton to come in to threaten public disorder).

They do not trust the system when it looks like it does not support their narrative. Then when evidence becomes public that calls into question the virtue of Saint Trayvon, they say we trust the system and so should you.

Then they say, there is enough evidence to press charges. I hate to break it to them but a court of law is different than the court of the media in this key respect, it is Zimmerman's guilt which must be proven, not his innocence. Let me slam your head against concrete until blood starts to flow and see how long it takes before you start using any tool at your disposal to make me stop.

I am still waiting to hear of members of the New Black Panthers being arrested for their attempts at vigilantism against Zimmerman. Can a neighbor of mine post a 10,000 reward for my capture and not face prosecution? Really?

If Zimmerman's charges end up being thrown out by a judge, I never want to see Al Sharpton's face on television ever again, unless, of course, it involves a judge ordering him, "Will the defendant please rise?"
http://www.thenewfederalistpapers.com
wisconsin_cur
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 12:34:51

When the judge, must less the jury, examines that picture its over for the Trayvon media prosecution team.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cloud9 » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 13:35:58

Three minutes after the shooting you are going to come up with a plan? That photo is reasonable doubt.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 13:47:01

The photo is strong evidence that supports Mr. Zimmerman's story that Mr. Trayvon jumped him and then climbed on top of him and was beating his head into the ground.

FREE GEORGE ZIMMERMAN on bail!!!

FREE GEORGE ZIMMERMAN on bail!!!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 15:50:14

Cloud9 wrote:Three minutes after the shooting you are going to come up with a plan? That photo is reasonable doubt.

Precisely.

The pic lends a great deal of support to Zimmerman's belief that he was in danger of death or great bodily harm. All other considerations are irrelevant if the preponderance of the evidence shows Zimmerman was in fear of his life or limb.

A reasonable judge would dismiss the charges and free Zimmerman during the pre-trial motions.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Livewire713 » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 16:20:57

Wasn't it Mr. Zimmermans job to protect Mr. Martin since he was a guest in their community? I still don't see how this young man can walk to a store, buy candy and tea without incident and then gets shot and killed walking back to the house he was invited to. All he was doing was minding his own business. Mr. Zimmerman should have done the same instead of profiling this young man as being on drugs and up to no good.
Livewire713
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 16:47:03

pstarr wrote:head wounds are notorious for copious bleeding from minor scrapes, i.e. nose bleeds.

You're right about that ^^. It's an old professional wrestler trick, they hide small razors and while down cut their forehead a bit and then blood dramatically pours down all over their face much worse looking than what's in the above photo -- and yet it's just a simple cut, scalp cuts bleed profusely. These kind of cuts look horrible but they're really nothing.

could have resulted from Zimmerman scratching his head, asking hisself 'wtf do I do now?

Now there you go too far ^^. Nope, you aren't going to cut your scalp like that by "scratching your head" -- it takes a sharp object, or most likely what happened here is yes there was a fight and clearly Zimmerman's head made some contact with the ground, enough to lacerate the skin.

So.. yep it's just a cut.. but something made that cut, you know? He says he was getting pounded on the concrete, cuts to the back of his head back that up. But then again we don't know if Zimmerman really started the fight. This is like any common bar fight, it's not easy to sort out who is really at fault.

*bottom line here is guys, there's a difference between "self defense" from unprovoked attack versus doing a lot of stupid things that wind up getting you in a fistfight.* This could have happened in a bar. What if Zimmerman followed some redneck around in a bar because he looked suspicious, well if you can't / won't identify yourself as a bouncer or law enforcement then no duh yes a redneck may turn right around and kick your ass. There's an essential fact here that far as we know, Trayvon was in the stand your ground position all we know is he was in fear for HIS life being followed by some strange guy who would not identify himself and wouldn't leave him alone. But Trayvon never used lethal force -- Zimmerman did.

Let me tell you the real probable truth on all this..

It's the NRA gun culture that's the problem, a too quick to shoot mindset. Doing stupid things and instigating fights, all the while knowing they've got that concealed weapon and they're ready to use it to "stand their ground." That 911 tape, the gunshot comes very fast. I still wonder about those screams -- it always sounded like a kid to me, and sure enough scientific software analysis hired by the Orlando Sentinel confirmed that. Listen to how quickly in the fight that gunshot goes off. None of us know for sure, but it really seems to me Zimmerman had that gun right there and he was gungho NRA type so here he was in a little fight and he went right for the gun -- this isn't cool guys, NOT EVEN POLICE DO THIS, using that weapon is a LAST resort.

And ultimately it's not like Zimmerman was randomly attacked, this is a fight he went looking for -- he WOULD NOT identify himself as neighborhood watch, gave Trayvon no reason why he was following him like that, for whatever reason Zimmerman did nothing common sense that could have diffused a fistfight situation -- and then voila, he's in a fight, now he gets to use his gun.

It's a confluence of bad stuff here -- first of all, his weapon is concealed and the general public has no idea of this potential threat, secondly he's running around like a cop calling himself neighborhood watch captain to everyone BUT THE PERSON HE'S FOLLOWING even after directly asked. This is WHY our police officers wear uniforms, this is WHY they identify who they are. My common sense tells me if only Zimmerman had said he was neighborhood watch, then Trayvon would have had some logical reason why the guy was following him, Trayvon wouldn't have been in fear (wouldn't anyone you be scared getting followed on the street like that?), if only Zimmerman had said who he was and why he was following him there never would have been a fight.

(p.s. the rules of the national neighborhood watch association state they're never supposed to follow in the first place, and most certainly they're not supposed to be armed, and obviously NO private citizen should be running around in public acting like a cop -- we have cops already, they wear uniforms, they are trained, they don't go shooting willy nilly)
Last edited by Sixstrings on Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:07:46, edited 7 times in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Livewire713 » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:08:38

The crazy violent black man attacked me, robbed me, car jacked me and kidnapped my children...heard this story before. The kid was out walking in the rain minding his own business. No reason to be killed.
Livewire713
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Livewire713 » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:42:40

pstarr wrote:
Livewire713 wrote:The crazy violent black man attacked me, robbed me, car jacked me and kidnapped my children...heard this story before. The kid was out walking in the rain minding his own business. No reason to be killed.

I hope you appreciate that I am sarcastic? Zimmerman is merely a tool of a racist white plutocracy that plays lower classes and different ethnicities off each other so as to divide and conquer those who would threaten their wealth and power. Easy pesy.

I know you were being sarcastic, Ive been here awhile. My comment wasn't directed at you. I just can't see where this young man Mr. Martin was in the wrong. He was invited to this community. He was walking in a direct path to the home he was a guest. He just bought candy and tea, he didn't steal it or beat someone up to get it. I don't see how someone can think its ok that he is now dead.
Livewire713
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Cog » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:56:34

He was fine up until he jumped Zimmerman and proceeded to bash his head against the sidewalk. Then he is a person worthy of getting shot.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 18:08:25

I'm simply stating the reality of what self-defense laws are all about. Zimmerman has only to show, by a perponderence of the evidence, that he was in fear of his life or great bodily harm and there is not guilty verdict.

The only leg the prosecution can stand on is by showing that Zimmerman physically assualted Martin. And I've seen no evidence to suggest that ever happened.

The judge should dismiss the charges during pre-trial motions. In fact, that will most likely happen given the weakness of the prosecution's case.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 18:10:35

The case is a joke and will be thrown out soon enough.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Livewire713 » Fri 20 Apr 2012, 18:25:18

Cog wrote:He was fine up until he jumped Zimmerman and proceeded to bash his head against the sidewalk. Then he is a person worthy of getting shot.

The crazy violent black man attacked me, robbed me, car jacked me and kidnapped my children...heard this story before. The kid was out walking in the rain minding his own business. He was a invited guest to this community, no reason to be followed, chased and then killed.
Livewire713
Lignite
Lignite

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion