Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hello Pt 3

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Hello Pt 3

Unread postby Fatherof4 » Fri 22 Jul 2005, 00:24:52

Here's a little Peak Oil community exercise, something to help us all make that connection that reaches a little beyond the flat screen.

Show us where you're at.

1. Log onto Tagzania
2. Drop a balloon on your hometown
3. Tag with "peakoiler".

Later we can all visit the this map and see who's out there.

Come on now. Where u at?

(cross posted from my blog)

Edit: Here's the RSS feed if you're into that stuff.
Fatherof4

Everything that follows is a result of what you see here.

My Blog
Fatherof4
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Fatherof4 » Fri 22 Jul 2005, 00:38:55

This probably belongs over here:

http://www.peakoil.com/fortopic7490.html

Seriously though, where U at?
Fatherof4

My Blog
Fatherof4
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Fatherof4 » Fri 22 Jul 2005, 01:32:22

North America's in the house.

Fatherof4

My Blog
Fatherof4
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Fatherof4 » Fri 22 Jul 2005, 19:35:30

Leave your mark and add a message!

Fatherof4

My Blog
Fatherof4
Peat
Peat

Hi!

Unread postby rumble » Thu 04 Oct 2007, 04:58:29

I found this site tonight and cannot stop reading the threads! How exciting to have the opportunity to communicate with people who get PO!

I have known the term and what it entails for quite some time, but only recently realized the urgency about eight months ago. Don't ask why - I can't figure out how I missed putting it together. I was probably too focused on Fema work camps, global warming, North American Union, the collapse of our economy, or hell - maybe even birdflu!

It is top of mind now. That's for sure. What bothers me most is I know I can't stay where I am (even though I love it with all my heart) and on top of that I have no idea where to go. Sometimes I lay at night thinking something like this "Ah ha! If there is enough railnfall there then I can do this, and as long as I am on the coast then I can escape in a boat, ....wait a minute... there are too many people there or the government there is too unstable or whatever" I don't own any land, yikes! No one wants to start a sustainable community in Northern California/ Southern Oregon (that I can find out about). It is beginning to really get to me. Not too bad - I am a stable person- but I am getting frustrated. I am the kind of person that needs to be prepared for huge events such as this. I have wanted a "doomsday" underground lair right outside of an
eco-village since I was 13. damn it - why didn't I make that my top priority :)

As for now, I have my books and DVDs, emergency supplies, passports, compost pile (on my apartment patio), and bicycle to ride everywhere on the weekends. (need to get in shape for when TSHTF)

Well, thanks for letting me ramble on and I look forward to learning and conversing with great people!

Rumble
rumble
Wood
Wood

Re: Hi!

Unread postby MD » Thu 04 Oct 2007, 05:06:54

Ramble on, Rumble!

Welcome!
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby Narz » Thu 04 Oct 2007, 06:33:28

Welcome and good luck!

Don't let anything here depress you. Focus on your goals & take everything with a grain of salt.

Where you from?
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”
Narz
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby MD » Thu 04 Oct 2007, 07:54:47

rumble wrote:... What bothers me most is I know I can't stay where I am (even though I love it with all my heart) and on top of that I have no idea where to go. Sometimes I lay at night thinking ...

Some unsolicited advice:

If you can truly validate that that is "what bothers you most", then you should correct the situation by moving. Especially if the issue is keeping you up nights.

I've completely reformed my life in the two years since I picked my head up and looked around for the first time in 20 years. I don't regret a single change and they've all served to bring balance to my life.

Go ahead: move already!
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby rumble » Thu 04 Oct 2007, 17:13:54

Thanks for the greetings!

I agree I do need to move! I just need decide on the place I am going :) If I could just get that one thing down, it would make a world of difference. I am just trying to be smart with my decision.
Hopefully, I will figure it out soon.
rumble
Wood
Wood

Unread postby truecougarblue » Thu 04 Oct 2007, 17:51:11

Hi.
Cougar

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." - Brigham Young
truecougarblue
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Pops » Thu 04 Oct 2007, 18:02:24

Hi rumble, do a search for Redwood Empire (pstarr?) and also thuga.

There are folks up there in your area, look through the Connect with Peakers thread in the Planning Forum and then Search By Author for the folks you find in your area and see what they are up to.

We moved from Cent. Ca (Modesto) to Missouri to get away from the hoards-to-be but you may be able to find a good place up there in the sticks.

G’Luck
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby rumble » Thu 04 Oct 2007, 20:08:20

Thanks, pops!

I sent pstarr a PM.

Right now, I am in an apartment in the bay area and I have got to get my bootie out of here!

Thanks again for the advice! I will definitely check it out!
rumble
Wood
Wood

Unread postby aldente » Fri 05 Oct 2007, 06:04:59

rumble wrote:about eight months ago.

aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby horsestoaster » Fri 05 Oct 2007, 22:21:26

So much 2 know!So little time(we thinks)...Come on an' ride the educated horses with the rest of us folks and welcome 2 U!Even those that disagree withyou will teach you.
horsestoaster
Peat
Peat

Unread postby rumble » Fri 05 Oct 2007, 23:55:41

thanks, horsetoaster! That is exactly what I plan to do. I have already received such a good education from this board. I can't stop reading. Yeah, some of it you already know, but the different perspectives are what I have been starved for!

By the way - While I was thinking of one place in the US, I just can't help but believe we are going to martial law. I know Canada is not far enough way from the US, however, I think I have found a nice place to wait things out. If it gets too bad, I will fare my way with pirates out on the sea! Ha.
rumble
Wood
Wood

Unread postby rumble » Fri 05 Oct 2007, 23:57:00

Arghh - sorry about the typo in your name! Yikes!
rumble
Wood
Wood

Unread postby aldente » Mon 08 Oct 2007, 03:24:53

Rumble,
First of all you need a better Avatar.
Here's a suggested one, the only objective is to make her square and fit in the box somehow.
(A rather though homework assignment given that some of us are living with exactly this for a lifetime).
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby rumble » Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:17:04

Alright, alright. When the internet connection at home is back up (sometime this week) then I'll settle on a new Avatar. In the meantime, the covered up head is usually how I am during the day. I am in there singing "nobody knows the trouble I see..." Just kidding!
rumble
Wood
Wood

Unread postby aldente » Thu 11 Oct 2007, 02:20:28

Well, are you married? I don't think so otherwise you would have commented on the addendum under the pic.

Taking it a step further, if there would be no biological built in responsibility for the offspring males and females would be in a permanent and violent war-kind of relationship.

Women and men are no match from heaven. Yet, all advanced biological systems seem to follow this split genetic approach. The must be some sort of a logic in this after all.
aldente
Permanently Banned

Another New one here...

Unread postby Eochaidh » Mon 15 Oct 2007, 19:10:35

Hello All, I'm obviously new here, but learning much already. Found out about peak oil around spring of '06, now trying to learn as much as possible and get things in order. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful information!
Eochaidh
Wood
Wood

Next

Return to Welcome