Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hello Pt 3

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: Attention NEWBS

Unread postby FreedomSlave » Wed 28 May 2008, 13:51:56

btu2012 wrote:Does brainwashing newbies into "cutting the rope" and abandoning "full belly ethics" count as a welcome ?
The first commandment:
Ye shall have no other gods besides MQ. For he is a jealous god
The second commandment:
Ye shall prove your non-newb status by agreeing to kill multitudes.
The third commandment:
Ye shall bash Ludi, Shannymara and Threadbear at every opportunity.
Thus spake the prophet.

Once again, you have completely maligned my previous posts and put false words in my mouth with the intent to insult my character and credibility. I will no longer engage in the insult game with you, and my previous posts speak for themselves. You don't fairly or accurately reflect anything I wrote in my earliest posts, and none of it has any relevance to this topic. I had you on my "ignore" list, and you will be going right back on it following this post, but I will not allow you to publicly smear me continuously based on your failure to comprehend my earlier posts (or smear me at all, for that matter).

Once again, btu, I never threatened to sue anybody. I made an observation based upon Monte's non-anonymity and the level of attacks thrown at him. My point was pretty simple - anyone can disagree with Monte all they want, but folks should be careful when they make statements bordering on libel against a recognized named person who is extremely credible in sustainability circles. Unjustly tarnishing a man's reputation may have consequences, right? Is that so hard to grasp?

Mods, I am asking for equal treatment of this poster. I acknowledged my poor choices in going overboard with insults and accepted responsibility. I'm asking for similar accountability from this person. This thread is dead to me, with the exception of responding to further attacks against me.
FreedomSlave
Peat
Peat

Unread postby btu2012 » Wed 28 May 2008, 14:10:16

Man, why is it so important for you to defend your image on some internet board ? Let it be, for your own sake.

Here:
I apologize to you for whatever brought lesions to your image.
Cool now ?
only the paranoid survive
btu2012
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: new girl

Unread postby threadbear » Wed 28 May 2008, 14:26:15

Cashmere wrote:You understand that it's greed and power lust that motivates the people running the world, right?
You understand that people behave like animals, right?

We also have the ameliorating effects of empathy, both individually and collectively, and an ability to love and form attachments. Not only that, we are social animals striving to cooperate with one another. It's this spirit of cooperation and empathy, extended beyond the species realm into the animal, plant and planetary realm, that WILL save the planet. Greed and power have gotten WAY too much play in modern corporate fascist America.

Neither fungus, plant or animal species have clearly delineated boundaries. This is as true for the anenome and clown fish as it is for mycelial networks. These networks form a kind of fungal noosphere that weaves a web of interdependence with animals and plants. Even the most basic systems are highly symbiotic.

In other words, your understanding of the world, though common is extremely coarse and dangerous in it's assumptions.
Last edited by threadbear on Wed 28 May 2008, 14:29:13, edited 1 time in total.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby btu2012 » Wed 28 May 2008, 14:28:18

cashmere wrote: You understand that it's greed and power lust that motivates the people running the world, right?

Yes, Cashmere, you are the only one privy to that great and profound secret.

To hell with us morons who don't see that humans are slime.
Mahabharata wrote:When morality and virtue will be at an end, what will remain there ?
Wedded to avarice and wrath and ignorance and lust, men will entertain animosities towards one another, desiring to take one another’s lives.
And deceived by the false science of reason, they will direct their hearts towards everything mean and low.
And they will frequently save themselves from anxiety by such deeds, and even glory in them.
And men will rob the possession of helpless persons, of those that are friendless, and of wisdom also.
And cowards will have the reputation of bravery and the brave will be cheerless like cowards.
Last edited by btu2012 on Wed 28 May 2008, 14:38:48, edited 4 times in total.
btu2012
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby threadbear » Wed 28 May 2008, 14:31:00

btu2012 wrote:
threadbear wrote: You understand that it's greed and power lust that motivates the people running the world, right?

Yes, Cashmere, you are the only one privy to that great and profound secret.
To hell with us morons who don't see that humans are slime

Hey, I didn't write that! :lol:
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby BigTex » Wed 28 May 2008, 14:36:22

btu and friends, please stop this back and forth.

It's adding nothing to the discussion and surely we have better things to do.

Whichever one can simply yield and move on will be the bigger man, IMO.
:)
BigTex
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby FreedomSlave » Wed 28 May 2008, 14:37:34

btu2012 wrote:Man, why is it so important for you to defend your image on some internet board ? Let it be, for your own sake.
I apologize to you for whatever brought lesions to your image. Cool now ?

It's very simple. Not only have I referred many people to this site who know who I am, I also post elsewhere with the same moniker. When I do make substantive posts, I know that I may be having some influence on people (known to me and strangers), and I may help them utilize critical thinking skills about these issues in ways they may not otherwise have considered. The stakes of PO are too important, and too impending - my point of view may not be liked by some, but if I can help in some way to get people to open their eyes to the ultimate consequences, they might take action sooner to better their own chances of making it.

Moreover, as an attorney, all you have is your credibility - it's worth protecting. And as for character, I've gone through far too many tests of it and "character building experiences" to have much tolerance for wreckless pot shots at it. To be falsely accused of advocating anyone's murder is absolutely unacceptable, on an "anonymous" forum or not.

I have been wreckless of late in my own posting etiquette, and for that I apologize to anyone I offended - even you. My sensitivity to the perception of me by others has been re-alerted, and rightly so. I will try hard to play nice. As we all should.

Now, btu, we can agree to disagree and leave the nastiness out. Or you can go back to the mudpit - I just won't follow you in any more. I really have had enough of this pointless bickering. I would prefer that we leave each other alone.
Last edited by FreedomSlave on Wed 28 May 2008, 19:15:51, edited 1 time in total.
FreedomSlave
Peat
Peat

Unread postby btu2012 » Wed 28 May 2008, 14:40:19

Sorry, fixed the quote. :oops:
btu2012
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: New here..

Unread postby taizy8 » Wed 28 May 2008, 15:07:18

nice to meet you Ferretlover, Pops and SILENTTOD,

I have been perusing the site and looking around elsewhere. Some of the preparations recommended here verge on the apocalyptic dare I say!!! Having watched Mad Max and Blade Runner myself I can understand the "Doom" factor.

For me the most important is health: mental as well as physical. I cannot understand how anger and panic is going to endear anyone to their fellow man. There are some postings on where one should be if things really break down and I for one might prefer to be back among my family (even though we sometimes don't get on). We are all very practical: from carpentry, mechanics, toolmaking, sailing, boatbuilding, house builders etc...One of my brothers was involved in windmills in the 70's, has some land. We are also used of frugality.

Ireland only started getting wealthy in the 90's, we had plenty of experience in poverty before then. I would be worried about another British invasion !!!
taizy8
Wood
Wood

Unread postby BigTex » Wed 28 May 2008, 15:36:41

taizy8 wrote:I have been perusing the site and looking around elsewhere. Some of the preparations recommended here verge on the apocalyptic dare I say!!! Having watched Mad Max and Blade Runner myself I can understand the "Doom" factor.

Don't forget the "Little House on the Prairie" crowd. Quite a few of those here too.

I prefer the hybrid approach myself in which everyone is dressed in Heavy Metal gear but living in 19th Century Walnut Grove.

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you are just the kind of person who will appreciate what is available here.
:)
BigTex
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Wed 28 May 2008, 15:47:28

BigTex wrote:I prefer the hybrid approach myself in which everyone is dressed in Heavy Metal gear but living in 19th Century Walnut Grove.

Too funny Tex!

The best thing is to read between the lines of the posters with the more outlandish opinions. Most seem to me to be Cubicle Confined Cavaliers.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: Hi From Blaine WA!!!!

Unread postby AlwaysThere » Wed 28 May 2008, 16:22:56

revelator771 wrote:I may seem like I'm coming to the party a little late, but I have been aware of Peak Oil for quite some time thanks to the scholarly work of Micheal Ruppert in his book, "Crossing the Rubicon".

Michael Ruppert ? Michael Ruppert is a paranoid delusional, you may want to rethink your choice of mentors.

1Ti 6:3-8 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, (4) he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, (5) and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. (6) Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, (7) for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. (8. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
AlwaysThere

Re: hello

Unread postby portuga » Wed 28 May 2008, 16:31:46

thank u all for you replies
pstarr i´ve just registered and this was my first post along with one in the Europe forum asking if there was any concerned portuguese people here in the forums
i´ll start describing my view of the portuguese situation in the thread i´ve started in the Europe forum
portuga
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Olaf » Wed 28 May 2008, 16:41:57

Pops wrote:Most seem to me to be Cubicle Confined Cavaliers.

Hey...I have an OFFICE! :)

Welcome.

Olaf
Olaf

Unread postby MD » Wed 28 May 2008, 17:19:44

FreedomSlave wrote:... I will try hard to play nice. As we all should.
Now, btu, we can agree to disagree and leave the nastiness out. Or you can go back to the mudpit - I just won't follow you in any more. I really have had enough of this pointless bickering...

Excellent attitude! Thank you.

I am looking forward your highest quality contributions here.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Re: new

Unread postby RedStateGreen » Wed 28 May 2008, 17:59:11

Welcome! :)
efarmer wrote:"Taste the sizzling fury of fajita skillet death you marauding zombie goon!"

First thing to ask: Cui bono?
RedStateGreen
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pops » Wed 28 May 2008, 18:05:42

Yes, welcome pto.

post up your particulars here
v
v
v
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Ferretlover » Wed 28 May 2008, 19:33:45

Welcome, and tell us a bit about yourself and where your interests lie in relation to Peak Oil.
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Hagakure_Leofman » Wed 28 May 2008, 19:47:51

Cashmere reminds me of Hudson from the film Aliens
Heres a quote....
“Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great man, now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man. That's it man, game over man, game over, man! Game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Hagakure_Leofman
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby bodigami » Wed 28 May 2008, 21:09:51

Welcome, have some pie :)

Yes, the community is important.
bodigami
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome