Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Half of All Children Will Be Autistic by 2025

Re: Half of All Children Will Be Autistic by 2025

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 02:34:19

vox_mundi wrote:Dr. Seneff points out, however, that our gut bacteria do have this pathway, and that’s crucial because these bacteria supply our body with crucial amino acids. Roundup thus kills beneficial gut bacteria, allowing pathogens to grow; interferes with the synthesis of amino acids including methionine, which leads to shortages in critical neurotransmitters and folate; chelates (removes) important minerals like iron, cobalt and manganese; and much more.

She's an electrical engineer and apparently a total lunatic.

This theory demonstrates a total ignorance of how bacteria grow - the inability to synthesize an amino acid only matters to bacteria on "minimal media" without amino acids on a Petri plate, not bacteria growing in the rich nutrient soup of your gut. And the average western diet is jammed packed with various types of protein (amino acids). The only persons that are going to suffer deficiencies like that are health nuts slowly killing themselves with some bizarre vegan quack diet that is supposed to make them immortal by living on nothing but wheat grass juice enemas.

This is typical of the anti-GMO conspiracy nuts (and you will notice how many of these conspiracy theories overlap). They are supposedly obsessed with biology and medicine but lack even basic high-school level knowledge of biology and are generally dumb as shit if not dumber. Speaking of autism, most of these people seem to have some pretty severe cognitive problems and thought disorders. The anti-GMO people typically have real problems formulating coherent thought or speech. I believe these mental problems have left most of them in a life long search for conspiracy theories that will simplify a world where even simple concepts of logic and basic knowledge have left them in the dust. And the anti-GMO movement is now on the same web sites as quack cancer cures and Holocaust denial (no I'm not making that up).
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 02:36:36

Autism is caused by health food

PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 02:51:02

PrestonSturges wrote:Autism is caused by health food

That's frickin' hilarious.

I was at Pizza Hut the other night and this woman was going on about her daughter's "peanut allergy" and how serious it is if there is any kind of nut oil that has even touched any part of the pizza.

So that's another phenomenon in recent decades, all these weird bizarre food allergies. (not making fun, but back when I was a kid, nobody had these weird food allergies where if they even touch one kind of thing they go into massive shock and seizure I mean wtf ya know?)

And organic food sales is up too.

And obsessive compulsive disorder is up, too.

And ADHD.

And restless leg syndrome. It's probably all the same darn vector on a chart, if you put it all on a chart. So what's the cause of it all?
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 02:58:06

Tanada wrote:The biggest problem is the powdered baby formula pushed by WIC and other government agencies. It both lacks the essential fatty acids infant brains need to develop properly and is full of pesticide residues from the processed starches used to make it from corn and soybeans.

Hm.. well whatever is the cause, it should be gotten to the bottom of and changed.

I'll point out again though that "autism spectrum" is probably mostly "nerds" like Bill Gates types, so "half of all children autistic" isn't as dire as it sounds, they're just going to have social problems.

Which leads me back to the tech.. is it really the tech and lifestyle.. is it parenting.. are the babies not being held.. wtf is the cause of this..

(then again, if everyone is autistic, then it's no longer a social problem or disability right? then it's the norm, no?)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 03:58:25

People want to be told their kids are autistic rather some other diagnosis like schizotypal personality disorder, because they'd rather hear that their kid has a fashionable developmental problem instead of a mental illness and additional problems that make them a ticking time bomb and possible school shooter.

Notice how many school shooters were home schooled but still ended up shooting up a school? The kid in Sandy Hook was being home schooled by his affluent nut case mother.

The deck is stacked against any kid being raised by an anti-GMO activist, because most of these adults have serious mental problems that they are going to inflict on their kids. I've been reading about the classic obsessive compulsive neurotic personality, and they frequently marry each other and have fights to the death about absurd rules they make up. Their mind is in a twilight between being super rational and superstitious magical woo. They are also belligerent and negative and (despite their love of rules and authority) have a bitter resentment of authority (daddy) figures. Basically this is every troll on the internet who says "Obama is a Muslim" (magical beliefs and hatred of authority) and who argues this point for years (obsessive compulsive) even when their friends tell them to shove it (defiant) but still cheer when cops kill people (sadistic love of rules). On the liberal side, the anti-GMO activists are the equivalent of wingnut Birthers. I think conspiracy theories have a powerful appeal because it satisfies all these powerful needs. Although many people like this do all right professionally (notice how many engineers are also hard core conspiracy nuts?) many others are low functioning. And one sign is the artificiality and insincerity of their beliefs, because the defense of the obsessive compulsive neurotic is a word salad where the subject changes constantly, which is also the trademark of the anti-GMO activist. And this finally explains what has always struck me as their total lack of sincerity - if someone is dedicated to a cause for years, how do they manage to learn nothing about the subject? Wouldn't they at least try to get up to a high school level of biology if this is so important to them? And when I see people like that, I figure that there is huge appeal in having the kid labeled "autistic" rather seeing them as being warped by completely incoherent obsessive compulsive parents.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 11:20:10

pstarr wrote:That funny Preston Where does the chart come from :-D

I was going to say (before you interrupted me with your dismissal):

Diss wrote:It does not have the spectrum of chemical species you find in fruit that would counteract the toxic effects.
What chemical species?

Diss wrote:In the case of the Monsanto product the combined effect of their concoction is basically guaranteed to be damaging to health. This product was never designed to be safe. Their excuse that humans lack some particular chemical pathway is ludicrous. Chemicals do not have effects limited to specific chemical reaction chains and the Monsanto product is obviously not composed of chemically inert compounds."
You're right about the safety issue. The stuff is murder on weeds. And yes chemicals do have side-effects. In this case, upon weeds. :razz:

You are obviously going by your gut feelings. I suppose your gut has a PhD in organic chemistry.

http://www.sadgurupublications.com/Cont ... 2008/1_6(2)2008.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10526968

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldehyde

dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 11:22:27

PrestonSturges wrote:People want to be told their kids are autistic rather some other diagnosis like schizotypal personality disorder, because they'd rather hear that their kid has a fashionable developmental problem instead of a mental illness and additional problems that make them a ticking time bomb and possible school shooter.

Notice how many school shooters were home schooled but still ended up shooting up a school? The kid in Sandy Hook was being home schooled by his affluent nut case mother.

The deck is stacked against any kid being raised by an anti-GMO activist, because most of these adults have serious mental problems that they are going to inflict on their kids. I've been reading about the classic obsessive compulsive neurotic personality, and they frequently marry each other and have fights to the death about absurd rules they make up. Their mind is in a twilight between being super rational and superstitious magical woo. They are also belligerent and negative and (despite their love of rules and authority) have a bitter resentment of authority (daddy) figures. Basically this is every troll on the internet who says "Obama is a Muslim" (magical beliefs and hatred of authority) and who argues this point for years (obsessive compulsive) even when their friends tell them to shove it (defiant) but still cheer when cops kill people (sadistic love of rules). On the liberal side, the anti-GMO activists are the equivalent of wingnut Birthers. I think conspiracy theories have a powerful appeal because it satisfies all these powerful needs. Although many people like this do all right professionally (notice how many engineers are also hard core conspiracy nuts?) many others are low functioning. And one sign is the artificiality and insincerity of their beliefs, because the defense of the obsessive compulsive neurotic is a word salad where the subject changes constantly, which is also the trademark of the anti-GMO activist. And this finally explains what has always struck me as their total lack of sincerity - if someone is dedicated to a cause for years, how do they manage to learn nothing about the subject? Wouldn't they at least try to get up to a high school level of biology if this is so important to them? And when I see people like that, I figure that there is huge appeal in having the kid labeled "autistic" rather seeing them as being warped by completely incoherent obsessive compulsive parents.

Your analysis of a chemical risk is laden with a slew of irrelevant political BS and thus worthless. You discount the risk from some chemical concoction designed to kill living organisms because of home schooling. That's an epic non sequitur.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 11:36:59

dissident wrote:Your analysis of a chemical risk is laden with a slew of irrelevant political BS and thus worthless. You discount the risk from some chemical concoction designed to kill living organisms because of home schooling. That's an epic non sequitur.

I have a biochemistry degree and what I am saying about amino acids and bacteria is simply basic lab biology going back over a century. Feel free to say which part you think is wrong.

What I said about psychology is unchanged since the 1930s, again say what part you feel is incorrect.

It's you that is hiding behind a smoke screen of ridicule.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby kanon » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 12:33:48

This Monsanto chemical soup appears to a case where the research system chokes. The correlation plot presented above is not automatically a causation plot. It could very well be a whole slew of other chemical species and their interaction that is involved and the one species is like a label for the whole soup. You could choose other chemicals in the soup and produce similar correlation plots.

As the environment becomes more saturated with poisons, can the standard research methods provide valuable information?

Apparently this topic has caught the attention of the corporate PR machine.
kanon
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby dissident » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 13:31:43

kanon wrote:
This Monsanto chemical soup appears to a case where the research system chokes. The correlation plot presented above is not automatically a causation plot. It could very well be a whole slew of other chemical species and their interaction that is involved and the one species is like a label for the whole soup. You could choose other chemicals in the soup and produce similar correlation plots.

As the environment becomes more saturated with poisons, can the standard research methods provide valuable information?

I think medical researchers have the tools but their funding and research topics are not suited to deal with such chemical syndrome problems. To get funding you need to write a research proposal that looks promising (so it is simple by definition) and makes an impact on the grant committee. From my experience in atmospheric science, these grant committees are not staffed by Nobel Prize winners but by government selected hacks. If you describe a research project that they cannot understand because of their limited qualifications, you simply will not get any money. We really need pure science and medical research done as salaried employment and not via the research grant rat race. The pressure to publish dozens of papers just creates mediocrity and diverts from actual productive activity. Evaluations of many papers in medicine show that the system is failing as their results cannot be reproduced (i.e. they are garbage).

We now have a cancer pandemic. Yet the subject is barely discussed. The number of man made chemical species circulating in the environment is increasing every year but we just hear happy talk how pollution is decreasing because NOx and O3 are declining. Increasing autism rates are not normal. (BTW, the increase is population size adjusted so has nothing to do with population growth).
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 13:56:17

kanon wrote:

Some liberal sites ban accusations of being a "corporate shill," because if someone wants to make a claim about GMOs or anything else, they have to back that up with a coherent argument rather than immediately copping out with a conspiracy theory. This can largely shut down anti-GMO activists because they rely on theories about immense corporate global conspiracies reaching into every aspect of our lives and everyone outside their circle is some sort of secret agent or pod person.

See my points above about anti-GMO activists and their inability to stay on topic or make a coherent point. Changing the topic six times in four sentences is exactly what an obsessive compulsive neurotic does as a defense, and micromanaging every bite of food for their whole family with rigid rules about gluten (or older ideas about "mucous" causing foods etc etc etc etc etc etc) is also exactly what we would expect. Old school Freudeans would also point to their obsession with excrement and enemas, because enemas have always been associated with the stereotype of the obsessive compulsives going back to the 1930s.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 14:05:04

pstarr wrote:The same people who are afraid of GMO's also fear MSG, microwaves, cell-phones (quaint huh?), chemtrails, cell towers, etc. (The two demographics agree on vaccines.) These folks are you classic Back-to-the-Land Luddites.

I bet they read Noam Chomsky books too!

Man, Preston's really onto something here.. he's exactly right.. it's this "anti-GMO" OCD helicopter parent crowd. It's the *parents* that are screwed up, not the kids.

There was something SCREWY about that woman I saw at pizza hut, laying into the manager about nut oil in the pizza. Talk about neurotic! There's got to be a link, some kind of munchausen by proxy, why is it that it's never the laid back parents that have kids with weird nut allergies, or "austistic spectrum?" Look behind these weird illnesses and there's always some family dysfunction, it's never a normal family behind it.

Here's what's needed take a look at the PARENTS of the autistic kids. Do a real study on those, if a majority of the parents are all OCD anti-gmo climate change neurotics, then you know something is up.

P.S. Preston did an excellent post there, but just to note, he's OCD about the nazi topic just as AmericanDream can't talk about anything other than communism, and lately SG can't talk about anything other than muslims. And I must admit it's happened to me at times though I watch it, where I've brought darn Ukraine into some completely unrelated topic.

Maybe OCD is as OCD does, and it takes one to know one. :P
Last edited by Sixstrings on Wed 31 Dec 2014, 14:33:55, edited 4 times in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 14:16:56

pstarr wrote:Six, is Chomsky a vegan? I had no idea, but if he is then he just lost some credibility.

If you type "is noam chomsky" in google search you get the following auto-complete query suggestions:

Is noam chomsky still alive?
Is noam chomsky vegan?
Is noam chomsky rich?
Is noam chomsky married? (why are people searching that, who the heck cares)

Here's an article written by a PETA vegan nazi, who may or may not have autism spectrum kids at home:

Is Noam Chomsky Vegan?

Noam Chomsky is a unique figure, a semi-anarchist and was voted the “world’s top public intellectual” in a 2005 poll.

Noam Chomsky cares about the world we live in and oppose unnecessary violence.
With those attributes, one must expect Noam Chomsky to be at least vegan.

In reality, Noam Chomsky is not vegan, but rather one of many bully intellectuals who see others as inferior and justifies their opression for his gluttony.

http://www.whyculturedmeat.org/is-noam-chomsky-vegan/

Do you see that? It's like RELIGIOUS zeal, these lefties have, they'll praise a Noam Chomsky in the first sentence and then damn him for heresy in the second sentence. It's what drives me nuts about these people, they are the left wing equivalent of the super religious fascist bible-thumping fire and brimstone right wing.

You know, it's not that I don't like Noam Chomsky, I think it's that I don't like the people that like Noam Chomsky. He must drive his fan base crazy with his rational view on animal rights:

"Vegetarianism or veganism, I think, have a moral basis..but that's separate from the question of whether animals have the same rights as humans."
― Noam Chomsky

EDIT: correction, I guess that blog I quoted is a "laboratory cultured meat" proponent site. So that's frickin' hilarious, obviously the petri dish "cultured meat" burgeoning business wants to target the OCD peta vegan crowd by pushing the line that cultured meat doesn't involve any animals.

But they've got their work cut out for them, because this same vegan crowd is so irrational about GMO and certainly meat grown in a lab! :lol:

Meanwhile, everyone else just buys real meat at the walmart and won't touch laboratory meat because it looks weird and costs $100 a pound. I wonder if this new industry will wind up converting the vegans into buying their products, and then you'll have a Vegan Schism with half of them cursing the other half and half still feeling guilty for eating meat at all, even if grown in a laboratory, and then another wing of this crowd will be damning them for contributing to climate change or something.

And nobody can just enjoy a nice piece of meat, and shut up already, and stop driving the kids nuts too and they turn out with "autism spectrum" and peanut allergies.

(it's just a common irrational thread with these people, it's like on climate change how they are against nuclear power. And then with meat, they'd be against even laboratory meat.)
Last edited by Sixstrings on Wed 31 Dec 2014, 14:32:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 31 Dec 2014, 14:30:24

I don't want to just crap on people's mental health and it's important to note that there are real links of inflammatory diseases and mood disorders. We all know people whose families have combinations of arthritis, migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, adrenal problems, allergy, cancer, diabetes, and a grab bag of autoimmune disorders like slight cases of lupus. Typically there are also going to be family members who are bipolar and/or alcoholic. This is simply an established medical fact.

And in many cases, people whose problems used to be dismissed as psychosomatic do get some benefit from a special diet. One of the first people I ever heard of with celiac disease was an utterly gorgeous and funny woman who had her will made out because she figured she'd be dead before she was 30. Once she found out about celiac, she was fine. But that was before the internet, so she was not pulled into the insane "health" subculture. it was always there, but it was avoidable.

Today a lot of the people who have these health problems also have mood disorders (again, that's just science), and when they research their health problems on the internet they are plunged into the conspiracy subculture that blames GMOs, the NWO, and the UN. Because of their emotional problems they are vulnerable to scams and swindles. And online health food or natural living web sites seem to have pretty much merged with the conspiracy subculture.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate