Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

GPT4 Artificial Intelligence Online

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Machine Intelligence Is Coming!

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:56:14

pstarr wrote:go and design and program the Super-Duper Potato Picker Robotic Arm. here are the specs for that AI system, from someone who has both done the job and also has a passing familiarity with pattern recognition. (I took a grad level course in natural-language processing, a similar recursive process.)

Initial identification of object (potato, rock, gold nugget? rotten potato? misshapen potato?) on a rapidly spinning conveyor belt. Chose hand attack (elevation direction on three axis) in preparation for grab. Identify proximate objects-recalculate/reposition attack. Identify handhold on target object (a facet on a cut rock, a bump on a rounded rock, soft spot on rotten potato, etc), and finally choose a grasping sequence (and attendant avoidance sequence for proximate objects) and motion calculus for said object. Then Strike like a Cobra LOL.
If you could solve all that, I think your robots would also be smart enough to walk around picking fruit without needing to be wheeled along straight rows.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

AI information hunger

Unread postby aldente » Fri 21 Nov 2014, 16:14:54

artificial intelligence is eating us humans up due to its "information hunger".

aldente
Permanently Banned

GPT4 Artificial Intelligence Online

Unread postby GoghGoner » Fri 24 Mar 2023, 11:26:01

Surprised nobody has a thread on AI here. It appears we may have created an intelligent entity that can replace most white-collar jobs. If I am correct, then the impact is bigger than anything we have seen in our lifetime. I have played with it quite a bit and it does comprehend text better than humans.
GoghGoner
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: GPT4 Artificial Intelligence Online

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 24 Mar 2023, 11:52:48

How do you access GPT4?

Would you post a link, please?

And do you interact with it by posting text or by speaking?

Can you get it to create AI pictures and movies?

How is it going to take over white collar jobs? Isn't AI just a tool that a white collar worker would use to do HIS job?

AND

Could Joe Biden use it to make smarter decisions?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jato0072 » Fri 24 Mar 2023, 14:30:51

It appears we may have created an intelligent entity that can replace most white-collar jobs.

No offense to you, but I don't believe that narrative.

I am still waiting for the flying car, moon base and supersonic transport.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby GoghGoner » Mon 27 Mar 2023, 14:51:52

GPT4 has a website on OpenAI that you can try out but you need to register. There is also Bard and Bing Chat AIs available but GPT4 is the best of the bunch as of this moment.

When GPT3 came out last year, I thought it was hyped a little too much but the improvement in GPT4 is amazing. I do software development and use AIs quite a bit on a daily basis. I find its reading comprehension on par with some of the smartest folks I know and definitely way above average. It will easily be able to write anything including computer code, law, or even news articles.

Anyway, I haven't been back here in some time. Be nice to the AI when interfacing because you never know when it may decide it doesn't like you. Good luck :)
GoghGoner
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 01 Apr 2023, 14:51:43

I asked CHAT-GPT when peak oil would happen.

CHAT-GPT is the new AI (artificial intelligence) agent that supposedly has access to all the information in the world.

I was a little disappointed that CHAT-GPT----at least in the format I accessed it----- didn't give me its own opinion but merely summed up the current state of research on this topic, complete with links and references at the end of its report.

CHAT-GPT reported that the most recent study of global oil reserves done in 2022 by a Norwegian oil company estimates that peak oil would occur by 2030 due to a transition to alternative energy resulting in peak demand. CHAT-GPT added that others in the business world and academia also think that peak oil will happen by 2030 (I note this is also the topic of this thread) but that others think it will happen by 2040 and still others think the entire concept of peak oil is flawed.

IMHO, that pretty much sums up the last 30 years of discussion of peak oil right there, and in a cogent way.

Some predict peak oil by 2030...a smaller number predict peak oil by 2040.....and some don't think peak oil will happen at all.

THANKS CHAT-GPT, for all your help.....

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 01 Apr 2023, 17:23:18

I just asked CHAT-GPT (the original on-line AI) when peak oil will happen.

I was using the free version so perhaps one might get a more detailed answer from the "pay" version or the newer GPT4.

But for what its worth, CHAT-GPT said the most recent study of global oil reserves and demand---done in Norway in 2022--- predicted peak oil by 2030 due to a peak in oil demand.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 02 Apr 2023, 08:11:22

Wired did a little digging.

Spoiler alert....1+2=3 is wrong!

Apparently all they do is spill out an amalgam of writing. Therefore it contains l our human bias'.

https://www.wired.com/story/review-ai-c ... -chat-gpt/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 02 Apr 2023, 22:08:39

Newfie wrote:Wired did a little digging.

Spoiler alert....1+2=3 is wrong!

Apparently all they do is spill out an amalgam of writing. Therefore it contains l our human bias'.

https://www.wired.com/story/review-ai-c ... -chat-gpt/

The AI technology is in its infancy. No doubt these very first AI models are pretty crude......but newer and better and smarter AI is on the way. The original models are constantly being refined and improved, and most of the major tech companies are now trying to build their own AI.

------------------------------

PS: luckily I accidentally wound up being invested in AI.....I bought some stock in NVIDIA (NVDA) three years ago at its lows during the pandemic bear market in early 2020, and it's absolutely rocketed up over the last few months It turns out that the major new AI models all run on super-fast NVDA chips so the more AI gets developed and built, the more my stocks go KA-CHING!!!!

The best AI models run on super-fast NVDA chips

I find that makes me have positive feelings about AI.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 03 Apr 2023, 22:32:27

GoghGoner wrote:Surprised nobody has a thread on AI here. It appears we may have created an intelligent entity that can replace most white-collar jobs. If I am correct, then the impact is bigger than anything we have seen in our lifetime. I have played with it quite a bit and it does comprehend text better than humans.

Well seems how you couldn't find it I merged your topic into the AI thread which goes all the way back to 2005.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 05 Apr 2023, 17:44:51

"Artificial intelligence", a marketing term used to describe fast computers is all it is.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 05 Apr 2023, 18:00:26

theluckycountry wrote:"Artificial intelligence", a marketing term used to describe fast computers is all it is.

Spoken like someone who doesn't know the difference between processing speed, and the programming that utilizes it. I've used ChatGPT to write some slick SAS code, AI ain't what it used to be.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 05 Apr 2023, 18:11:07

vision-master wrote:
"Soul"? There's not farking "soul"! This is just the cellular machinery of information processing that nature has developed over about a billion years of evolution

That is why the World is in such sad shape. We have forgotten the "heart" and operate with our "head" only. We have ignored the sacred geometry without planning for at least 7 generations. We must learn these lessons of our ancestors before moving into the future, otherwise, death, destruction - the end.

He has the mechanistic mindset, which makes him, in his own eyes, just an advanced piece of slime from a primordial swamp. Of no more value than a mosquito or a bacteria in the scheme of things.

People today more and more prefer the company of animals over other humans. it's pretty sad when you look into it, this pet culture. On the one hand it shows how people have become so self-absorbed and intolerant to others that they are unwilling to put aside any of their personality to form true bonds. But it also shows their narcissistic controlling nature. They love their pets because they control them and because the pets will love and respect them regardless of their deviant personality traits. All they need do is put down a food bowl and they have a lifelong friend.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 05 Apr 2023, 21:15:31

All they need do is put down a food bowl and they have a lifelong friend.

An old saying seems fitting.

The way to a mans heart is through his stomach.

Kidding aside, I take your point.

Do Incels have pets? Maybe they should?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 06 Apr 2023, 04:58:18

i may have underestimated ChatGPT abilities, it does seem to find the answers

ChatGPT Recommends Massive Allocations In Gold In Its "Recession-Proof" Portfolio

Is ChatGPT, the Revolutionary AI, a Gold Bug? The AI Suggests Massive Diversification Across a Range of Cash-Like Assets and Commodities

NEW YORK, April 5, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- A new report by Gold IRA Guide found that ChatGPT's ideal model of a "recession proof" investment portfolio includes large allocations (20%) in gold and other precious metals. This figure far exceeds the number proposed by prominent "gold bug" wealth managers such as Ray Dalio and Peter Schiff.

lol. I wonder what it's opinion on crypto is...
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Open Topic Discussion