Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Global Warming / Climate Change is Hoax pt 10

Re: THE Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Thread Pt. 7

Unread postby Gmark » Thu 29 Jul 2021, 23:01:04

mustang19 wrote:
Instead of your pointless, liberal existence why not post on my blog?

Where's your blog?
Gmark
Peat
Peat

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 29 Jul 2021, 23:07:24

Gmark wrote:
mustang19 wrote:
Instead of your pointless, liberal existence why not post on my blog?

Where's your blog?

I will make one. And, if you can find more trolls, I will pay them to post there.

Dennis has like 10 posters, I think we can get 20.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby JuanP » Thu 29 Jul 2021, 23:32:33

Shouldn't Mustang19 be moderated or blocked? He is ruining the site with his nonstop nonsense posts. He just made my foes' list. Bye, bye Mustang!
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 29 Jul 2021, 23:34:26

JuanP wrote:Shouldn't Mustang19 be moderated or blocked? He is ruining the site with his nonstop nonsense posts. He just made my foes' list. Bye, bye Mustang!

Global warming is literally retarded, has been falsified and is not on topic for this site.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Re: Global Warming / Climate Change is Hoax pt 10

Unread postby FamousDrScanlon » Fri 30 Jul 2021, 10:00:34

Shocking satellite image shows Alaska’s formerly frozen Yukon Delta is completely green

The images, captured by the US Geological Survey’s (USGS) Landsat 8 satellite on 29 May, showed extensive greenery in former tundra conditions - yet further evidence of global temperature rise

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-c ... 92487.html

I've seen many depressed deniers celebrate 'greening' as a good thing because they don't or can't understand the albedo effect. It's similar to their remedial 'CO2 is plant food' logic.

CO2 is plant food. Plants are good, therefore unlimited CO2 is good.

Little Diabetes Snack Cakes is human food. Humans are good, therefore unlimited Little Diabetes Snack Cakes are good.

Around & around they go.
FamousDrScanlon
Peat
Peat

Unread postby mustang19 » Fri 30 Jul 2021, 16:45:39

The runaway scenarios worsen dimsihimg returns because the storage itself has rhem
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby FamousDrScanlon » Fri 30 Jul 2021, 18:52:41

Another great piece from the most under appreciated Overshoot writer.

Ill-prepared for the coming shit storm

Three decades ago, when I researched the impact of the flooding along the North Wales coast, major floods were regarded as “once in a thousand year” events. Since then, we have been subjected to a growing number of incidents in which large scale torrential rain inundates a relatively small geographical area. The Boscastle flood of 2004 was a particularly nasty example in which seven inches of rain fell on the high ground above the village in a little over an hour. However, smaller but increasingly frequent floods of a similar kind have brought British cities to a standstill on several occasions – most recently in London this weekend. As Ivana Kottasová at CNN reports:

“When two London hospitals turned non-emergency patients away after getting flooded over the weekend, it was a brutal reminder that even some of the world’s richest cities are dangerously unprepared for the kind of extreme weather that is becoming more common and more severe because of climate change.

“Climate and infrastructure experts have been warning for years that London, like many other large cities, isn’t ready for climate change, with large parts of the city built on a flood plain and a Victorian drainage system that is unable to withstand this kind of intense rain.”

https://consciousnessofsheep.co.uk/2021 ... hit-storm/

ALL HAIL neo-liberal capitalism & our neo-liberal capitalist Overlords, because if you love collapse & possible human extinction like I do, then you will find no better system & clueless insatiable managers that can speed the humans to ruin like neo-liberal capitalism & it's growth addicted high priests & legions of disciples can. #1 in human history & MPP approved.

You knew the reason, but you let it start
This vice would be your end
And now the end has come
You're feeling really dumb
But you deserve it
You had no choice

https://youtu.be/V6jn7UQIJMY
FamousDrScanlon
Peat
Peat

Unread postby dissident » Fri 30 Jul 2021, 19:06:45

Deniers wallow in correlation is causation claims. For example, if they find a regression fit of some surface temperature variation with galactic cosmic rays (GCR) or orbital resonances (AHR) that modulate the amount of interplanetary dust (IDP) loading in the upper atmosphere, in a time window short relative to the period of the variation, then they assert that they have an explanation of the temperature variation. They do not establish any actual mechanism. They just make bald faced claims that what they want to believe is the true and only explanation.

For both GCR and IDP loading via AHR, the purported impact on cloud albedo not only fails to even correlate after the 1980s, but the amount of cloud condensation nuclei (CCN) involved is absurdly low. The background sulfate aerosol loading in the lower troposphere is two orders of magnitude larger than any CCN induced by GCR ionization or which manages to descend from above 100 km without being coagulation scavenged on the way by existing aerosol (which is the seed for CCN). There is likely more impact on the troposphere from changes in the stratosphere associated with IDP variation. But none of this explains the multi-decade and longer time scale variations of the surface temperatures driven by the ocean dynamics which exhibits such time scales. A better use of regression analysis with physically plausible precursors such as dynamical features of the oceans and the atmosphere also produces high confidence correlations. At least these correlations have underlying physical processes that explain them.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mustang19 » Fri 30 Jul 2021, 19:41:09

dissident wrote:Deniers wallow in correlation is causation claims. For example, if they find a regression fit of some surface temperature variation with galactic cosmic rays (GCR) or orbital resonances (AHR) that modulate the amount of interplanetary dust (IDP) loading in the upper atmosphere, in a time window short relative to the period of the variation, then they assert that they have an explanation of the temperature variation. They do not establish any actual mechanism. They just make bald faced claims that what they want to believe is the true and only explanation.

For both GCR and IDP loading via AHR, the purported impact on cloud albedo not only fails to even correlate after the 1980s, but the amount of cloud condensation nuclei (CCN) involved is absurdly low. The background sulfate aerosol loading in the lower troposphere is two orders of magnitude larger than any CCN induced by GCR ionization or which manages to descend from above 100 km without being coagulation scavenged on the way by existing aerosol (which is the seed for CCN). There is likely more impact on the troposphere from changes in the stratosphere associated with IDP variation. But none of this explains the multi-decade and longer time scale variations of the surface temperatures driven by the ocean dynamics which exhibits such time scales. A better use of regression analysis with physically plausible precursors such as dynamical features of the oceans and the atmosphere also produces high confidence correlations. At least these correlations have underlying physical processes that explain them.

Global warming is literally retarded, see https://i.ibb.co/hKT6g2x/26-F2952-F-324 ... -D2-A1.png
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby FamousDrScanlon » Sat 31 Jul 2021, 00:16:45

Civilization-Ending Climate Change Is Knocking On Our Door

The insect apocalypse is only a leading indicator of what is already a larger disaster for much of humanity and is now beginning to hit the wealthy world (the US and Europe) hard.

Climate change from man-made global warming is here in a way that even fossil fuel billionaires and their paid shills can no longer deny. For the moment, we still — probably — have the ability to determine how bad it’s going to hit us.

We long ago passed the point where we could decide if we were going to let it make our lives miserable. We’re there. In all probability we passed that tipping point several generations ago, when fossil fuel companies and climate scientists were just arriving at a consensus that it was not only real but could be deadly to human life on this planet.

The response of the fossil fuel industry was to follow the tobacco industry’s playbook and fund phony research, create deceptive think tanks and push out highly paid front men and politicians to lie to the American people and the world.

The question now is whether we’ll let our current climate emergency get so far advanced it either wipes out the human race along with most life on the planet; produces such chaos it tears apart civilization; or merely disrupts human life so severely it crashes governments around the world and stresses the ability of democracies like ours to continue to function.

Our response in the next few years will decide our fate.

https://hartmannreport.com/p/civilizati ... ate-change

He's wrong. Nothing the puny humans do will decide their fate. Humans have zero control over anything including their own thoughts & actions. For example, I can't stop laughing every time another record smashing human caused climate event stomps the fuck out of a denier (red) state.....again...again. I love post disaster videos of Goober & Billy Jim Bob showing some MSM vulture-reporter the spot where the family home great grandpa built used to stand before the latest AGW Jacked hurricane turned it into tooth picks & dispersed them across 3 states. I'm also fond of face-down floaters & wildfire victims. Who cares about them? They're deniers learning about climate change the hard way. Same as anti-mask-N-vaxxers with their final moment hospital bed regret of listening to bad advice based on a radical political agenda. Anti-mask-N-vaxxers are climate change deniers - same people, same PR firms, think tanks, media & politicians. I feel great gratitude towards all these folks for amusing me with their deaths. Who knew the endtimes waz gunna be sooo much fun.

Thanks deniers. you Make My Life A Little Bit Brighter

https://youtu.be/R0AQWvOlDuQ
FamousDrScanlon
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 31 Jul 2021, 19:43:06

For something they refuse to believe in you guys talk about global warming more than any atheist I know talks about God.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Has Global Warming Peaked?

Unread postby jawagord » Tue 04 Jan 2022, 21:59:22

Another year gone and 2016 remains the peak temperature anomaly. 2021 coming in at 8th warmest by Sat measurements. NOAA is on track for a 6th warmest year. How many years of non-records before we say the earth has stopped warming? When does the IPCC admit the climate models are over predicting temperature rise?

The annual average anomaly for 2021 was +0.134 deg. C above the 30-year mean (1991-2020), which places it as the 8th warmest year in the 43 year satellite record, behind 2016, 2020, 1998, 2019, 2017,2010, and 2015.

https://www.drroyspencer.com/2022/01/ua ... -21-deg-c/

The average global land and ocean surface temperature for January–November 2021 was 0.84°C (1.51°F) above the 20th century average of 14.0°C (57.2°F), the sixth warmest such period on record.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/2 ... tal/page-1
Don't deny the peak!
jawagord
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 00:28:12

jawagord wrote:Another year gone and 2016 remains the peak temperature anomaly.....

Actually, 2020 was the warmest year on record. 2016 was very close to 2021, but 2020 was just a teeny tiny bit warmer. However, because you have to take into account the error in the measurements for both 2016 and 2020, they can technically be considered to be tied for the warmest year on record.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/3061/2020-tied-for-warmest-year-on-record-nasa-analysis-shows/

jawagord wrote:How many years of non-records before we say the earth has stopped warming? When does the IPCC admit the climate models are over predicting temperature rise?

Your question doesn't make any sense. 2020 was the warmest year on record, AND the last seven years of record are the warmest 7 years ever recorded, with 2021 counting as the 6th warmest year in history.

jawagord wrote:The average global land and ocean surface temperature for January–November 2021 was 0.84°C (1.51°F) above the 20th century average of 14.0°C (57.2°F), the sixth warmest such period on record.

Again, your statement doesn't make any sense. A year lasts for 12 months. You have to use all the data for all 12 months to evaluate how warm a year was....you can't just look at a portion of the data.

The record of global temperature data clearly shows a strong warming trend. The data also clearly shows 2020 as the warmest year to date. Its silly to deny these things.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 00:54:50

Global warming denial is a part of a political belief system. It is not based on independent thought and is an echo chamber pathology. It does not matter if the opposing faction is trying to use it for its goals. This does not make it false.

No offsetting processes has been identified for the accumulating greenhouse gases in the atmosphere to counteract the heat energy increase in the ocean-atmosphere-land system. Lindzen proposed that there would be a cloud albedo and infrared iris effect. It has not been confirmed by observations. Lindzen's proposals had intellectual weight. But denier rubbish is based on cherry picking of data and outright lying. In other words, politics as normal.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 11:27:47

dissident wrote: But denier rubbish is based on cherry picking of data and outright lying. In other words, politics as normal.

Yeah, but this is peakoil.com, so denier rubbish and cherry picking data and outright lying is a time honored tradition when it comes to the geosciences, so what's wrong with folks doing the same about climate information? :lol:
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby FamousDrScanlon » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 16:38:18

It's 2021. There are no climate change deniers, just contrarians who all just happen to be white, male, American & lean conservative. It's not just climate change with theses adult babies. Anything they don't like they just hold their breath, stomp their feet & say no no no ad nauseam. They've long ceded their right to be part of any adult conversation on any topic.

The only time I'll speak to them is to remind them that their loved ones, kids, grand kids etc are getting their lives ruined & shortened by the consequences of CC along with everyone else.

They very much remind me of the legions of Covid anti maskers, who while drowning to death in the ICU are using their final moments/breath trying to convert their nurse to the 'Plandemic' cult. Many of them might be alive today if they had slimmed down and/or quit smoking, but there is no such prescription for climate change. The only thing you can do is prepare yourself & loved ones. As for any of your tax dollars being used to protect you & yours, perhaps if you push on the local level you can get the local ptb to spend on a hydraulic engineering project to hold back or divert the next AGW jacked flood waters...that kind of thing.

It was a particularly bad year in my neck of the woods - all predicted. Some not for decades, but that's the trend with the scientific climate predictions. Shit is happening FASTER THAN EXPECTED - it's the order of the day....whoops. 20 years ago I would have agreed that all these consequences we are suffering are unavoidable, except I would have said most of them won't smash the shit out of us for decades. I certainly would not have predicted the all time Canadian high temperature record would be broken in June 2021 @ 49.6C 121F.

British Columbia at the epicentre of climate change-fuelled weather extremes

From dangerous heat and destructive wildfires to record breaking rainfall and catastrophic flooding, parts of British Columbia, Canada have been at the epicentre of two top-end weather extremes within the space of a few months.

British Columbia (and the US Pacific Northwest) suffered one of the most ferocious heat waves in recorded history in June 2021. Only a few months later in mid-November 2021, enormous rainfall totals piled up in British Columbia due to a multi-day significant atmospheric river event, which led to historic rainfall totals and catastrophic flooding. A national state of emergency was issued for British Columbia.
First, came the heat...

The infamous heat dome started breaking national all-time records in British Columbia on the 27th of June. The old Canadian national heat record stood strong since July 1937 (45.0°C), only to be beaten on three consecutive days at Lytton, BC to take the new all-time national heat record for Canada to a staggering 49.6°C on 29 June 2021.

To beat a long-standing national heat record by nearly 5°C is simply outrageous.

https://www.euronews.com/green/2021/11/ ... r-extremes

We now consider it as some kind of victory if are wildfire season doesn't rewrite the record books...again...again. "It's only the 3rd worst on record Hurray!"

B.C.'s historic wildfire season: A recap of the explosive summer

B.C. has one of its worst fire seasons on record in 2021 and is notable for how close large wildfires got to major population centres in the Southern Interior.

Extreme heat and dry conditions fanned the fires, which led to numerous evacuation alerts and a new total loss of the village of Lytton.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/ne ... on-a-recap

In British Columbia, climate change is no longer something abstract for the future. The late June heat dome event—that claimed 500-600 lives—and the wildfires that followed confirm that climate change is a clear and present danger that’s not going away any time soon.

As of September 28, some 867,000 hectares of land had burned, making 2021 one of BC’s worst ever wildfire seasons. The record is 1.35 million hectares burned in 2018, which came on the heels of 1.2 million hectares burned in 2017. Prior to 2000, wildfires simply did not happen at this scale

https://www.policynote.ca/horrific-wildfires/

The humans are incapable of slowing down. They are slaves to the Maximum Power Principle (MPP) & evolution, but there is nothing stopping them from changing what they use their energy for - the universe cares not. What's stopping your Gov from spend some energy on protecting you & yours, your town, state & the nation? That's where the politics, if you can stand it, come in and any discussion of reducing emissions or of so called alt energy is a total waste of time. Really, the only question or goal is how long can you last while suffering the least? I don't see anything but deadlock in the US because right wing-nuts are still playing contrarian & progressives are magical thinkers & science deniers in their own right & of course there are many scumbag predators (Big oil & Big green & Big everything) who care for nothing but profit & thus keep stirring the pot.

Nations that are seriously preparing will likely outlast ones that don't. In my area they are talking talking talking about it. I'll believe it when I see it.

In the meantime, all Climate Contrarians will remain seated & silent at the kiddie table til death or until they man the fuck up. It's up to them.
FamousDrScanlon
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Doly » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 17:00:06

How many years of non-records before we say the earth has stopped warming?

How many days of non-record heat for this year have to pass before we say the hottest day of the year is definitely behind us?

I hope the analogy makes clear what a terrible question you asked.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 17:22:49

The progression of the mountain pine beetle over the Rockies is a useful indicator of the long term temperature change. It used to be confined by cold temperatures but has exploded over the last 30 years including through expansion of its range. You can see the dead lodge-pole pine forests in Colorado and elsewhere.

But deniers=contrarians will still invoke some snowfall in their neighbourhood as proof that global warming is a hoax.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 17:44:40

FamousDrScanlon wrote:British Columbia at the epicentre of climate change-fuelled weather extremes

We travel out to BC almost every summer because my wife's mother and two sisters live in Prince George. Now almost every time we visit we encounter fire smoke somewhere in BC, on several occasions right in Prince George. In over 60 years of living in Eastern Ontario I've never seen these type of conditions where we live. Last summer was the worst as we were travelling through Southern BC to visit a friend on Vancouver Island before heading to Prince George. A smoke haze was visible before we had even reached Calgary, Alberta and got progressively thicker until we reached Kamloops, finally clearing near Merritt. More heavy smoke in the 100 Mile House area on our way to Prince George and in Bowron PP east of Quesnel where we did a short canoe trip. The only good thing I can say is that the fires in Bowron PP likely enabled us to make a last minute reservation as it is normally necessary to reserve many months in advance. Since the west side of the canoe loop was closed due to two out of control fires, some people were cancelling their reservations.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby gollum » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 20:13:33

I don’t see how we can possibly have passed peak warming until decades after fossil fuel use stops. The only possible exception to that could be a situation where we artificially cool the climate in one of the ways scientists have proposed might be possible. It’s pretty clear to me that we won’t have any choice but to go that route at some point of civilization stays intact.
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate