Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Get Me Roger Stone

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Get Me Roger Stone

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Wed 24 May 2017, 19:37:24

I hesitated at first to reccomend this one, not at all due to content, but solely because this documentary was made by NetFlix, and is being exclusively shown by NetFlix.

It is the inside story of the Trump presidential campaign, embedded in the biography of his long time confidente and campaign manager.

I flat out refuse to describe this video in any way. I will say that if you believe you understand what happened and how it happened, you are almost certainly wrong. If you want to understand what happened, you need to see this.

Left or Right, this video will disturb you. It was made by clearly Left-leaning documentarians, who tried and failed to smear their subject.

The trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IPyv4KgTAA

Published on Mar 29, 2017
The whole world was shocked by the rise Donald Trump, but there was one man who had been plotting it for years: Roger Stone. Diving deep into the mind of the master manipulator, Get Me Roger Stone provides a raw perspective on the transformation of American politics. Now Streaming on Netflix.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Get Me Roger Stone

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 22 Jun 2018, 01:07:19

KaiserJeep wrote:I flat out refuse to describe this video in any way. I will say that if you believe you understand what happened and how it happened, you are almost certainly wrong. If you want to understand what happened, you need to see this.

Why would it not be apparent what happened? The video seems like it would be interesting. As interesting as the Trump documentary was, showing what a monster we have put in the WH. Yes, this has been brewing for decades. Nothing new. To me, it seems like the reaction to the hippie generation of the 60's. It was a bit too much freedom for everyone concerned. The U.S. population has nearly doubled. Western societies are aging and becoming sclerotic. We've run out of space. Rats behave similarly when overcrowded.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 22 Jun 2018, 12:51:26

Watch the video. It is apparent that you and most other people still don't understand why Trump beat HRC.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 22 Jun 2018, 15:50:35

I laughed all through the YouTube video.

Unfortunately I don't have a Netflix subscription so I can't see the whole movie, but it looks like it would be a hoot.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Zarquon » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 19:53:55

I didn't see the video, only the trailer, but did they mention that Stone did do the same dirty work for Nixon already?

https://propertyofthepeople.org/2018/09 ... al-bagman/
Zarquon
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Cog » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 21:41:37

KJ They will never understand why Trump won. To try to make them understand is a futile gesture and a waste of time.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 11 Sep 2018, 12:27:09

I don’t have access to Netflix, sorry.

IMHO it’s more why Hillary lost, despite outspending Trump 5:3. And there is ample reason to see why she lost: deplorables/not 50% ahead/blatant contradiction to sworn testimony/etc.

A few points here or there would have made a difference.

I see Trumps win as more an expression of “ANYBODY but Her!”
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Tue 11 Sep 2018, 13:05:11

All of what Newfie said plus there were a lot of people who thought Obama was more of a globalist than a pro American nationalist. Hillary gave no signs she would act any differently in that arena. Personally, given how the Clinton foundation was operated, I felt the country would be up for sale to the highest bidder if she had won.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dissident » Wed 12 Sep 2018, 01:51:12

No way, according to the MSM (quoting Obama and Hillary and various sycophant pundits) she lost because of Putin's hacking. //sarc

That after nearly 2 years this hacking has not been demonstrated and actually the initial Homeland Security claims have been discredited (tiny exposure click bait ads for both Hillary and Trump are not hacking or even meddling) is not something that bothers the SJW drones worked up into a lather of hysteria by their trusted news sources (CNN, NBC, ABC, BBC, etc.).

I have people telling me that Trump is a Hitler class racist and that babies have been torn from the arms of Mexican migrant mothers arms by ICE under Trump's orders. When will I hear some truth about Trump and not parroting of MSM lies?

It reminds of me of Daniel Yergin and his systematically wrong predictions about oil prices. His utter failure of a track record did not undermine his position as some sort of go-to source on the oil industry by the MSM. The only thing that matters to the MSM is the fictional narratives that they push.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 15 Sep 2018, 12:29:17

Isn't it obvious. Rural America is fading and becoming irrelevant as are its main inhabitants ie. White people. A last hurrah out of older white folks who haven been seeing their cities and towns become economically derelict and stagnant. Who resent as Pstarr, said the liberal intellectual class found on the coasts and who wished to believe so much that Trump could in fact make America great again.

Add in some incomptence and unsavory corruption by Hillary and the Clintons and you have the reason. By the way if you look at the electorate victory, the States that put Trump over the top were in the Rust belt, not surprising given their pivotal influence in national elections and that this area has been reeling economically for years.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Revi » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 10:29:58

Roger Stone went to my high school, and he started his dirty tricks there. He was a character. He apparently got a really unpopular person to run against him so that he could become president of the student council. Sound familiar? He was a little before my time, but he got involved with Nixon and was definitely involved in Trump's campaign. Another fun fact is that he has a tattoo of Nixon on his back, with both arms in the air making the famous victory signs.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 15:56:43

Revi wrote:Roger Stone went to my high school, and he started his dirty tricks there. He was a character. He apparently got a really unpopular person to run against him so that he could become president of the student council. Sound familiar?

Ah the conspiracy theorists. So he controlled the ENTIRE student body and could make all the popular kids refrain from running. :roll:

You'd think if people would actually READ and THINK about the actual "conspiracies" they write about, they'd notice how glaring the many gaping holes they obviously have.

I'm no fan of Roger Stone in any way -- just pointing out the glaring unexplained assumption re this conspiracy theory angle. What did he use to "control" the entire student body? Magic mind rays, or huge cash infusions from Trump? Or some other imaginary thing, perhaps?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 15:59:58

Newfie wrote:I see Trumps win as more an expression of “ANYBODY but Her!”

This seems to be a blatantly obvious interpretation, which many, many dems just absolutely can't admit.

Perhaps them liking her so much and having so much emotionally invested in ignoring her many faults and instances of bad behavior just makes them habitually unable to consider any bad points against her.

Which kind of reminds me of the behavior of the Trump sycophants re him, BTW.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Revi » Fri 27 Dec 2019, 13:48:12

Roger also paid people to rip the peace signs off of the hippy's clothes. I am just repeating things I heard on the alumni website. He learned to be a dirty trixter in high school. Isn't that where we all learn how to be in the world? Roger got into politics back then and took it to a higher level. I think he's a colorful character, and reflects his party. He became a friend of our dear leader at an early age and rose with him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Stone

When he was a junior and vice president of student government at his high school in northern Westchester County, New York, he manipulated the ouster of the president and succeeded him. Stone recalled how he ran for election as president for his senior year:
"I built alliances and put all my serious challengers on my ticket. Then I recruited the most unpopular guy in the school to run against me. You think that's mean? No, it's smart."

Stone wears a diamond pinkie ring in the shape of a horseshoe and in 2007 he had Richard M Nixon's face tattooed on his back.[5] He has said: "I like English tailoring, I like Italian shoes. I like French wine. I like vodka martinis with an olive, please. I like to keep physically fit."

He's quite a character!
Last edited by Revi on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 14:06:22, edited 1 time in total.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Fri 27 Dec 2019, 13:53:26

This is great! Maher talks to Stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dag6L7tnCEo
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Book/Media Reviews