Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

FutureGen

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: FutureGen

Unread postby EnergySpin » Tue 29 Nov 2005, 12:44:09

Sounds like a co-generation facility - I believe they are what is called an IGCC plant.
http://www.netl.doe.gov/cctc/ <----NREL link to "clean coal" technologies (I'm not sure if such a think exists; it might be something like the unicorn :roll: )
"Nuclear power has long been to the Left what embryonic-stem-cell research is to the Right--irredeemably wrong and a signifier of moral weakness."Esquire Magazine,12/05
The genetic code is commaless and so are my posts.
EnergySpin
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Starvid » Tue 29 Nov 2005, 16:43:07

FutureGen is going to be a pilot coal plant with sequestration. If it works, then it is excellent, but I still think it is going to be much too expensive to compete with nuclear and other zero emission power plants.
Last edited by Starvid on Tue 29 Nov 2005, 17:01:04, edited 1 time in total.
Peak oil is not an energy crisis. It is a liquid fuel crisis.
Starvid
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Caoimhan » Tue 29 Nov 2005, 16:53:25

Be careful, Starvid... you're going to be blasted by calling nuclear "zero emission". To some people, it can only be zero-emission, if...

The uranium processing plant's janitor's hair-dresser's banker's friend's hamburger was made from a cow that doesn't fart.
Caoimhan
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby EnergySpin » Wed 30 Nov 2005, 07:12:22

Caoimhan wrote:Be careful, Starvid... you're going to be blasted by calling nuclear "zero emission". To some people, it can only be zero-emission, if...

The uranium processing plant's janitor's hair-dresser's banker's friend's hamburger was made from a cow that doesn't fart.

I knew cows were to blame for the greenhouse effect .....
What if we plug their ass? :twisted:
The only emission free energy generation method for some people is NO energy at all.
"Nuclear power has long been to the Left what embryonic-stem-cell research is to the Right--irredeemably wrong and a signifier of moral weakness."Esquire Magazine,12/05
The genetic code is commaless and so are my posts.
EnergySpin
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Energy Technology