Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Finland Govt. report: THE JIG IS UP!

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

Finland Govt. report: THE JIG IS UP!

Unread postby jef » Tue 14 Jul 2020, 10:08:16

Supports my observations which allowed me to get myself as well as extended family out of debt and out of overpriced real estate over the three years of 2005 to 2008.

Have not read the whole thing but the in the abstract there is no real mention of the inferior quality of tight oil, they just just add it to existing barrels per day calculation which I believe should not be done. There is probably a way to calc the frac barrel equivalent to a sweet oil barrel. I would say a frac barrel is maybe 7/10ths?

Cheers!
jef
jef
Wood
Wood

Re: peer reviewed govt. report: THE JIG IS UP!

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 14 Jul 2020, 18:52:27

jef wrote:Supports my observations which allowed me to get myself as well as extended family out of debt and out of overpriced real estate over the three years of 2005 to 2008.

Have not read the whole thing but the in the abstract there is no real mention of the inferior quality of tight oil, they just just add it to existing barrels per day calculation which I believe should not be done. There is probably a way to calc the frac barrel equivalent to a sweet oil barrel. I would say a frac barrel is maybe 7/10ths?

Cheers!
jef

And...which report might you be referring to?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: peer reviewed govt. report: THE JIG IS UP!

Unread postby jef » Tue 14 Jul 2020, 19:09:52

It seems the original post that I replied to is gone but here is the report.

"Oil from a Critical Raw Material Perspective"

http://tupa.gtk.fi/raportti/arkisto/70_2019.pdf
jef
Wood
Wood

Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models