Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Every country in the world has at some point loked at the US

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Every country in the world has at some point loked at the US

Unread postby franc » Sun 05 Dec 2004, 01:48:31

as a model.
But when it comes to China,I think that they have their own agenda already set.
Behind their fake communism does exist a fervent nationalism.
They are pretty confident that they have a future on their own.
They are not interested with the US, which they tend to see as the trouble maker in their quest for the empire they are going to build,their way,on their own plot.
We will see how things develop.
franc

Unread postby skateari » Sun 05 Dec 2004, 02:07:01

china has taken a lot of American economic ideas and used them in their own system. To say that they are 'not interested' in the US is a joke. China economy will take a blow if something happen's to the US, and vice versa. They will be facing America head on when it comes to the energy wars - and will fight for their own. But their rapid growth and economic sucess has been in part because they changed their economic system to be more capitalistic them communist. I'm sure they have their own plans for the future, but they still rely on the US for trade, economic backing and jobs..
skateari
Coal
Coal

Re: Every country in the world has at some point loked at th

Unread postby chris-h-unr » Sun 05 Dec 2004, 04:08:50

franc wrote:as a model.
But when it comes to China,I think that they have their own agenda already set.
Behind their fake communism does exist a fervent nationalism.
They are pretty confident that they have a future on their own.
They are not interested with the US, which they tend to see as the trouble maker in their quest for the empire they are going to build,their way,on their own plot.
We will see how things develop.

And your point is ?
chris-h-unr

Unread postby Kingcoal » Sun 05 Dec 2004, 13:04:24

China not interested in the US? Let me guess, you're one of those "experts" from continental Europe.

Exporting countries around the world depend on and are very concerned about exporting their products to North America. That includes the EU and especially China. That focus on America will stop when some other region, the EU perhaps, becomes a huge net importer for the world’s goods. The power is in being a customer, not a vendor.

That said, one thing the world’s exporters are very concerned with is the falling dollar, but there are plenty of other topics dealing with that issue.
Kingcoal
Expert
Expert

Return to North America Discussion