Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Energy Map Overlay + "Enduring Bases"

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Energy Map Overlay + "Enduring Bases"

Unread postby directinfo » Fri 17 Feb 2006, 12:49:03

The below map consists of:
* Iraqi energy infrastructure map
* US "enduring military bases
* and a montage

Link

[Edited by SPG to replace image with link due to oversized image distorting the frame view]
directinfo
Peat
Peat

Re: Energy Map Overlay + "Enduring Bases"

Unread postby AirlinePilot » Sun 19 Feb 2006, 03:39:47

And your point is??????
AirlinePilot

Unread postby shakespear1 » Sun 19 Feb 2006, 04:14:29

Nice map, minus those symbols which really are not needed as we know what is going on there.

Those pipelines are however a problem for any occupier and the Achillies heel in the whole deal. 8)
Men argue, nature acts !
Voltaire

"...In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

Alan Greenspan
shakespear1
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby MicroHydro » Sun 19 Feb 2006, 05:43:25

shakespear1 wrote:Nice map, minus those symbols which really are not needed as we know what is going on there.

Those pipelines are however a problem for any occupier and the Achillies heel in the whole deal. 8)

Which is why oil production keeps dropping. 8)
"The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air... Much that once was, is lost..." - Galadriel
MicroHydro
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby dbarberic » Sun 19 Feb 2006, 11:30:03

If this map existed witout all the additional crap (just the bases, oil fields, and pipelines), I'd copy it and email to some people I know. The additional stuff make the map look like propaganda.
dbarberic
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby gary_malcolm » Sun 19 Feb 2006, 11:40:18

dbarberic wrote:If this map existed witout all the additional crap (just the bases, oil fields, and pipelines), I'd copy it and email to some people I know. The additional stuff make the map look like propaganda.

Dude, watching the nightly news is to be soaked in propaganda. Iraqi 'Terrorists', Venzuelan 'StrongMen', Energy 'Independence', 'Terrorist' Surveillance Program, a Beer or Two at Lunch... and you balk at an ACTUAL picture of US Foreign Policy!?! We broke it, we own it, as they say in the retail biz!

G$
Gary Malcolm

US Empire

There is no alternative source for our gluttony. Power down or die.
gary_malcolm
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby cudabachi » Sun 19 Feb 2006, 16:46:17

Laughs_Last wrote:It would be equally compelling to include a photo of O.J. Simpson.

Now THAT, was funny.
cudabachi
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Mon 20 Feb 2006, 14:51:06

dbarberic wrote:If this map existed witout all the additional crap (just the bases, oil fields, and pipelines), I'd copy it and email to some people I know. The additional stuff make the map look like propaganda.

I had the same thought.

Another nice addition would be all of the airfields currently occupied by US forces, particularly the ones along the Musol-Haifa line. I think the reality of the situation is that those pipelines are a lot more protected than the impression given by the map.
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby directinfo » Tue 21 Feb 2006, 11:10:47

Laughs_Last wrote:I don't see much of a correlation between base locations and oil assets. The vast Al Basrah fields and the port facilities appear undefended. Great lengths of the pipelines are undefended. It looks to me that the base locations relate to hotbeds of the insurgency and to defending the Kurds. Perhaps this map is some sort of a Rorschach blot test designed to ferret out conspiracy theorists?

I am quite mystified by the UN=USSR=NAZI graphic. The three organizations are quite different. The only thing they have in common is in having no particular relation interest or involvement in Iraq. It would be equally compelling to include a photo of O.J. Simpson.

directinfo
Peat
Peat

Unread postby backstop » Tue 21 Feb 2006, 11:48:47

Direct-Info

it seems you are directly misinformed about the intentions and function of the United Nations, and are attempting to misinform others.

Unlike the constitutions of the USSR, Nazi Germany & the USA, the Charter of the United Nations totally precludes any aspiration to imposing a global empire.

As a result, the United Nations is not now, never has been, and never will be, seeking to become an imperial global power.

Thus your slandering of this global bulwark against nations' petty & grand imperialism with the spurious charge of imperial aspirations seems merely facile.

regards,

Backstop
"The best of conservation . . . is written not with a pen but with an axe."
(from "A Sand County Almanac" by Aldo Leopold, 1948.
backstop
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby directinfo » Tue 21 Feb 2006, 14:09:43

backstop wrote:...you are directly misinformed about the intentions and function of the United Nations, and are attempting to misinform others... the Charter of the United Nations totally precludes any aspiration to imposing a global empire...the United Nations is not now, never has been, and never will be, seeking to become an imperial global power...your slandering of this global bulwark against nations' petty & grand imperialism with the spurious charge of imperial aspirations seems merely facile. regards, Backstop

Dear Mr. Backstop Moderator,

I am sorry about being misinformed, if I am misinformed. Perhaps you can help me get informed? Here are a few links about the prestigious and righteous and good-ly United Nations organization. Can we work our way through these searches and correct my errors? Take your time.

UN Child Sex Rings

UN Globalist Empire Aims (from their Charter)

UN wants your property

UN wants your guns

UN sterilization programs

UN Population Control

UN = Global Government? A good thing??

UN Child Sex Slaves Rings... another search proving what? Is this a privelege of the elite?

UN Oil for Food Scandal... a Privelege of the Elite to Steal from the Oppressed?
directinfo
Peat
Peat

Unread postby backstop » Tue 21 Feb 2006, 14:49:43

PREAMBLE - TO THE CHARTER OF THE UNITED NATIONS

WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED
to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and
to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and

to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and

to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,

AND FOR THESE ENDS
to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and

to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and

to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and

to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,

HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS
Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the United Nations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Direct Info

thankyou for posting the link to the above.

I would observe that far from expressing "Globalist Empire Aims" as per your patently absurd suggestion, any one of the four key items I've put in bold
entirely precludes the very possibility.

As for the rest of your claims, I think you should realize that

1/. Troops serving a UN mandate remain under their or another Govt.s control, not under UN control.

2/. Any organization's employees and volunteers will at some point to some degree fail to reflect its goals and standards.
The integrity of any such organization is reflected in its openness to investigation and rectification in such circumstances.

3/. UN facilitates the decision-making and implementation of its member governments under the charter and international law,
and does not initiate policy or, in most cases, tactics in the field.

4/. With neither Messr.s Bush nor Putin showing signs of ceding aspirations to global dominance, you are predictably on the recieving end of anti-UN propaganda,
since it is, in reality, all nations' best hope of thwarting their or any other state's imperial ambitions.

Regards,

Backstop

PS. The map you posted to my mind demonstrates clearly that the deployment of US forces in Iraq
gives no particular priority to the protection of oil production or exports.

Perhaps this was this your intention in posting it.
"The best of conservation . . . is written not with a pen but with an axe."
(from "A Sand County Almanac" by Aldo Leopold, 1948.
backstop
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby AirlinePilot » Tue 21 Feb 2006, 15:27:50

Got a map like that for Saudi Arabia??
AirlinePilot

Unread postby Petrodollar » Tue 21 Feb 2006, 17:42:30

Here's the before and after aerial pictures of Camp Victory North near the Baghdad Airport (use your mouse to scroll over the map).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... ery-01.htm

Camp Victory North is the largest overseas US military base in the world...and the Iraqi nationalists/insurgents do not approve of these permanent US military bases..

Digging In, March/April 2005

http://www.motherjones.com/news/outfron ... _iraq.html

Take, for example, Camp Victory North, a sprawling base near Baghdad International Airport, which the U.S. military seized just before the ouster of Saddam Hussein in April 2003. Over the past year, KBR contractors have built a small American city where about 14,000 troops are living, many hunkered down inside sturdy, wooden, air-conditioned bungalows called SEA (for Southeast Asia) huts, replicas of those used by troops in Vietnam. There's a Burger King, a gym, the country's biggest PX—and, of course, a separate compound for KBR workers, who handle both construction and logistical support. Although Camp Victory North remains a work in progress today, when complete, the complex will be twice the size of Camp Bondsteel in Kosovo—currently one of the largest overseas posts built since the Vietnam War.

Such a heavy footprint seems counterproductive, given the growing antipathy felt by most Iraqis toward the U.S. military occupation. Yet Camp Victory North appears to be a harbinger of America's future in Iraq. Over the past year, the Pentagon has reportedly been building up to 14 "enduring" bases across the country—long-term encampments that could house as many as 100,000 troops indefinitely. John Pike, a military analyst who runs the research group GlobalSecurity.org, has identified a dozen of these bases, including three large facilities in and around Baghdad: the Green Zone, Camp Victory North, and Camp al-Rasheed, the site of Iraq’s former military airport. Also listed are Camp Cook, just north of Baghdad, a former Republican Guard "military city" that has been converted into a giant U.S. camp; Balad Airbase, north of Baghdad; Camp Anaconda, a 15-square-mile facility near Balad that housed 17,000 soldiers as of May 2004 and was being expanded for an additional 3,000; and Camp Marez, next to Mosul Airport, where, in December, a suicide bomber blew himself up in the base's dining tent, killing 13 U.S. troops and four KBR contractors eating lunch alongside the soldiers.
Petrodollar
Coal
Coal

From US collapse to UN collapse

Unread postby directinfo » Wed 22 Feb 2006, 02:26:35

"No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation."

- David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations

UN Document Archive

-----------------

The maxim goes: Power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely. There aren't many exceptions to this in people. We have Ghandi, Jesus, and a few others among millions of failures. Democrat or Republican, white or black, educated or not, time and time again we are shown that the flesh is weak when tempted with power.

And if a rare man resists the temptations of power, what to say about an organization? Are we to believe that the UN charter will save us from monopoly oppression? If yes, what charter saved us previously? Not the Republic of Germany nor the Republic of USA. Power drove those organizations mad and who should be surprised?

The surprise is that anyone can look at history and consider that a monopoly empire of any sort is possible with men of flesh sitting at the top.

Anyway, the indicators show this and our history shows this. It seems like common sense, that's all.

Here is a smaller picture of the Iraq Military bases overlay, better suited for this forum.
directinfo
Peat
Peat

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics