Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

ELON MUSK is a genius doomer

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

ELON MUSK is a genius doomer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 15 Dec 2022, 04:20:06

I've been traveling in the south of France for the last couple of weeks, and while in France I read the new biography of Elon Musk by Robert Hanson.

Everybody knows who Elon Musk is......genius, inventor, mastermind, billionaire.....the driving force behind PAYPAL, TESLA, SPACEX, and several other companies. The richest (or now second richest) man on earth. The man who wants to colonize Mars. The man who bought twitter for 48 billion dollars so they wouldn't censor his tweets. The man who says what he thinks about crypto, politics, Hunter Biden, and everything else.

Elon Musk is like a character out of a science fiction novel, using his inventions to save the earth. Some say he is like a real life version of Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies

Elon Musk is even a peak oil doomer......Elon Musk says civilization is going to crumble if we don't keep oil and gas output at high levels

elon-musk-says-civilization-crumble-continue-using-oil-gas

I've always admired Elon Musk for being such a successful businessman, but after reading his biography I now think Elon Musk is the most interesting man on earth with lots to say about human nature, peak oil and climate change, and even current US politics. Musk's recent purchase of TWITTER has infuriated the left and they are now trying to demonize Elon Musk as the new Donald Trump. I think the attacks on Elon Musk are ridiculous. IMHO, If humanity is going to survive peak oil, climate change and Joe Biden as president, then its going to be in part because Elon Musk is working hard to make sure things turn out the way he wants them to.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: ELON MUSK is a genius doomer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 23 Jan 2023, 05:55:59

Musk is a co-founder of PayPal, he didn't invent it.
https://marketrealist.com/p/did-elon-mu ... te-paypal/

Contrary to popular belief, Elon Musk did not start Tesla.
He certainly made it his own over the years, investing early on and then overseeing its growth
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/06/tesla-f ... -musk.html

Elon Mush is just a money man, he has access to capital and he buys into futuristic companies and hypes them up. Space-X is majority funded by NASA (federal government) The Tesla is nothing special, it's really just the Harley Davidson of the EV world. It sells on marketing hype not value.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Mon 23 Jan 2023, 07:15:00

theluckycountry wrote:Elon Mush is just a money man, he has access to capital and he buys into futuristic companies and hypes them up.

You make it sound like it's nothing.
I dare you to do the same. No, let's scale that back. I dare you to land a rocket on the moon. I wouldn't even know where to begin. The man is a genius.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 23 Jan 2023, 13:46:24

Genius in marketing.

One should step carefully here.

Not everything he does works out (Boring Company) and Tesla may well fall flat yet.

He is a gambler, and the players are still at the table.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Jan 2023, 15:46:06

Newfie wrote:Genius in marketing.

If being a genius in marketing spills over into landing a rocket on the moon, I'm with Mousepad. There have been plenty of marketing geniuses in the US down through the years...and not a single one of them lifted a rocket off the ground, let alone would be taken seriously if they announced the goal of landing one on the moon.

So...credit goes to results. There was this student once, working in the Swiss Patent Office....etc etc.

Newfie wrote:One should step carefully here.

Indeed. Patent clerks, marketing geniuses, changing the world, etc etc.

Newfie wrote:Not everything he does works out (Boring Company) and Tesla may well fall flat yet.

So...a genius requires everything to work out? Einstein didn't find his unified field theory either. And electric cars are nice, and Elon has the fashion accessory side of that locked down, we'll see what happens as he is forced to become a more normal cage manufacturer. So yeah, gambling doesn't imbue a marketing genius with the ability to assemble what it takes to land a rocket on the moon. I'm willing to let it play out, and we'll know here shortly.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 23 Jan 2023, 17:03:23

I'm willing to let it play out, and we'll know here shortly.

:lol:
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 23 Jan 2023, 22:02:45

Newfie wrote:Genius in marketing.

One should step carefully here.

Not everything he does works out (Boring Company) and Tesla may well fall flat yet.

All true, but will he lose personally? He's obviously connected to the big boys, he gets loans whenever he wants. Look at Gates, Microsoft was never the best operating system according to many but he achieved a monopoly, bought out half of Apple when it floundered (controlled opposition) I believe he was anointed because he cooperated. Having the keys to one operating system worldwide certainly makes the job of watching over the internet a lot simpler for the people in Davos trying to re-create the world in their own image. They make no secret of it.

What was the buyout and "Liberation" of twitter really all about? Isn't it just a facade of free speech anyway? It's not like those platforms lead to any true freedoms on the ground, Physically march on the Capital to protest and you get squashed, protest from your keyboard and get away with it. Government's and corporate octopuses aren't afraid of keyboards.

As for Tesla, I think it will fail, but he's sold a lot of his interest in it now hasn't he.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 23 Jan 2023, 22:09:22

mousepad wrote:
theluckycountry wrote:Elon Mush is just a money man, he has access to capital and he buys into futuristic companies and hypes them up.

You make it sound like it's nothing.
I dare you to do the same. No, let's scale that back. I dare you to land a rocket on the moon. I wouldn't even know where to begin. The man is a genius.

Spoken like a true disciple. All hail the Messiah of tech.

THE KING IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE KING
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 24 Jan 2023, 06:51:12

Derogatory post deleted!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 24 Jan 2023, 12:37:25

Newfie wrote:Derogatory post deleted!

Is that what amusingly and terribly accurate commentary is deemed nowadays? :-D
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 25 Jan 2023, 05:04:24

If he wasn't African born he could run for President. I swear he'd win by landslide. A Disney animated character like the little girl in Tomorrowland would win by a landslide. Anyone that could promise to get the population OFF the Planet would win by a landslide lol. That's what people want by the way, to be rescued, beamed up, transported into a dream future. They have no desire to work hard and build anymore. Worn out they are
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 25 Jan 2023, 07:25:59

AdamB wrote:
Newfie wrote:Derogatory post deleted!

Is that what amusingly and terribly accurate commentary is deemed nowadays? :-D

Name derogatory language is neither amusing or terrible accurate.
Be thankful people generally treat you with greater respect than you show.
Any further conversation on this matter needs to take place on PM.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Book/Media Reviews