Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dr. David Evans and his Notch-Delay Solar Theory

Re: Dr. David Evans and his Notch-Delay Solar Theory

Unread postby dohboi » Sun 29 Nov 2015, 17:37:29

Minority or majority doesn't matter. It is blatant lies and misinformation that I attempt to 'stamp out.'

Tell me, what 'bigotry' do you see in an insistence on the accurate reporting of the absorption spectrum of CO2?

If someone had a 'minority' opinion on the temperature that water freezes and boils, would you call those who put forward the correct figures 'bigots.'

Really, your overblown rhetoric is now approaching a level of absurdity that only Trump could rival.

I leave you to stew in your own twisted juices.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sun 29 Nov 2015, 18:31:30

KaiserJeep wrote:You simply don't know me well enough. I don't deny either of those things, I take pride in them.

I feel contempt for those who depend upon the security of being in the majority opinion on all things. Nebbishes, not worthy of the carbon they emit.

Ask yourself if you would have the courage to be an AGW fanboy in a world full of what you call deniers.

I tried to discuss the science of Evans' filter with you, but you just went off on one of your rambling rants about ancient Greeks, space colonies, and how we would not be here if you hadn't invented the Internet.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 29 Nov 2015, 22:38:05

Keith_McClary wrote:-snip-
I tried to discuss the science of Evans' filter with you, but you just went off on one of your rambling rants about ancient Greeks, space colonies, and how we would not be here if you hadn't invented the Internet.

Blatant misinformation as usual, about normal for those who deny the natural world and natural climate variations.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 29 Nov 2015, 23:10:31

Humans certainly have bred up and burnt a lot of fossils in the relative short term dont know if that can be figured into natural variation theory.
It seems extremely unnatural and unique.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 29 Nov 2015, 23:16:23

Maybe the earth needs CO2 but not us?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Mon 30 Nov 2015, 02:16:54

KaiserJeep wrote:My last 8 years at HP were spent in sustaining NonStop platforms I had worked on the design teams for earlier. When you consider that I graduated before the original IBM PC and worked with NonStop computers in the 1970s containing ferrite core memory, it was a pretty good run.
NonStop hardware designers no longer exist at HP, ...

WALLY.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Mon 30 Nov 2015, 04:51:55

Keith_McClary wrote:
KaiserJeep wrote:My last 8 years at HP were spent in sustaining NonStop platforms I had worked on the design teams for earlier. When you consider that I graduated before the original IBM PC and worked with NonStop computers in the 1970s containing ferrite core memory, it was a pretty good run.
NonStop hardware designers no longer exist at HP, ...

WALLY.png

Just exactly WHY are you making an ad hom attack on me? Lost your faith about conventional AGW theories? Doubt your convictions now?

Because this is my thread and you response is off-topic.

Perhaps you believe that the Internet would still exist if trusted computers that count money didn't exist? Billions of dollars per day are transacted by the computers I was on the design teams for. These quite simply made it possible to make electronic transactions. Perhaps you are not old enough to remember that time before credit cards had magnetic stripes and could be swiped. Once upon a time we used to hand a cashier a card and they would run it through an embossing machine and imprint an image via carbon paper. Then snail mail was used to total up all your monthly charges and you got a bill in hardcopy only.

NonStop® computers changed that. Then they replaced the little slips of paper used for stock and commodity trades on exchanges. Then they made the electronic instant purchase possible.

Hold up your hand if you think this information network would exist if people were not using it for generating billions of dollars in profits.

If your hand is up, you're an idiot.

NonStop® still exists. The same operating system runs on clustered Itanium and X86 servers interconnected with dual Infiniband links. Infiniband is an open standard based on an older NonStop® proprietary link originally called Dynabus. The last few new product programs I worked on implemented this. I'm proud of what we accomplished, and most of you will never possess the specialized knowledge needed to even understand what that was.

I don't care, I know and understand.

Now one parting thought: All indications are that Evans is entirely correct and conventional AGW/CC theories wrong about the impact of carbon dioxide. Evans says cooling begins within 5 years and within 15 years we will be sliding into a mini Ice Age.

When that comes about, what will you think then? Will you still be saying he is wrong because he didn't publish in the right journals? Will you huddle under the electric blanket (the only heat you can afford) while you type with two fingers on a tiny tablet or smart phone?

When reality slaps you in the face, what will you do then?
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 30 Nov 2015, 09:07:08

Good one, KM. Really generated the whine-fest we've come to expect from our poor victimized whiny twit.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 30 Nov 2015, 10:24:47

KaiserJeep wrote:Now one parting thought: All indications are that Evans is entirely correct and conventional AGW/CC theories wrong about the impact of carbon dioxide. Evans says cooling begins within 5 years and within 15 years we will be sliding into a mini Ice Age.

When that comes about, what will you think then? Will you still be saying he is wrong because he didn't publish in the right journals? Will you huddle under the electric blanket (the only heat you can afford) while you type with two fingers on a tiny tablet or smart phone?

When reality slaps you in the face, what will you do then?

I believe you are assuming facts not in evidence, i.e. you are of the opinion that the Evans model is correct and every other model is anywhere from slightly pessimistic to horribly off by orders of magnitude.

That is fine, we all have our beliefs and debating those beliefs is a large part of the human experience.

My belief is based on the physics of how the spectrum of light put out by our star, Sol, interacts with the atmosphere, surface, and deep bodies of water on our planet coupled with Paleoclimate reconstruction of those periods when the Atmosphere and Hydrosphere contained similar quantities of the chemicals known to influence how the Sol spectrum impacts the climate.

In practice we will probably both have passed our maximum life expectancy before it is definitively which model is more accurate, the Evans model or the 'Paleoclimate average' model. Here is the thing, we are each guided by our model belief to a certain extent but the practical experiences of our day to day lives for the majority of our behavior. I want to see our civilization reduce its use of fossil carbon fuels as quickly as possible even if the short term expense of ding so is high. I believe we have set our path down a road that will not have the best possible chance for our descendants to live normal happy lives. From the context of your messages I believe you think the climate does not matter at all and the only way to ensure species survival is to get at least a viable breeding population of Humans off the planet and secure outside of the biosphere. I can understand that goal and belief, ultimately it will be true some time down the road.

The problem is Kaiser you are using up a ton of energy advocating against climate change concerns instead of advocating for whatever you think will promote the capacity for Humans to get a viable breeding population off this mud ball and out into space and/or living somewhere else for the long term future. Reusable rockets and robotic space habitat construction would both make your ultimate goal a lot more viable in the near term, but I see you mostly complaining about climate change theory. Just this month there have been significant improvements in rocket first stage recovery and asteroid mining legislation, two things you should be crowing from the rooftops. Why are you ignoring these crucial steps towards your stated goal for your descendants?
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:34:23

"facts not in evidence"

This and what follows is a good, succinct critique, better than the author deserves, frankly. I hope KJ can take it in and respond more productively than in the past, but somehow I doubt it.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Mon 30 Nov 2015, 14:22:26

KaiserJeep wrote:Just exactly WHY are you making an ad hom attack on me? Lost your faith about conventional AGW theories? Doubt your convictions now?

Because this is my thread and you response is off-topic.

Perhaps you believe that the Internet would still exist if trusted computers that count money didn't exist? ...
You are the one who avoids discussing Evans' theory, calling us stupid and then rambling off-topic about your super cash registers and other irrelevancies.

The Internet worked before it had this stuff - why would it stop working?
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Tue 01 Dec 2015, 15:49:03

I notice RedState is pushing this story also including the hoax about the Time Magazine "Ice Age" cover story in the 70s. This seems to be pretty well coordinated.

Possibly this is because they anticipate some crushing numbers from our current super strong El Nino, which looks ready to cancel winter for much of the US. Remember the "pause in global warming" was based on cherry picking the last El Nino in 1998 as the baseline. Adding this 2015 / 2016 data to the record is going to smash that story line to pieces.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 01 Dec 2015, 15:55:54

PrestonSturges wrote:I notice RedState is pushing this story also including the hoax about the Time Magazine "Ice Age" cover story in the 70s. This seems to be pretty well coordinated.

Possibly this is because they anticipate some crushing numbers from our current super strong El Nino, which looks ready to cancel winter for much of the US. Remember the "pause in global warming" was based on cherry picking the last El Nino in 1998 as the baseline. Adding this 2015 / 2016 data to the record is going to smash that story line to pieces.

I think you "misunderestimate" the persistence of the denier crowd. I anticipate they'll end up just using the 2015/2016 data, if it is a much hotter peak. Logic and science don't actually enter into the denier mentality, nor their methodology.

Maybe it will help with the "on the fence" crowd though, since for folks actually willing to consider data and trends, yeah, the data will likely be blindingly obvious.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Lore » Tue 01 Dec 2015, 19:15:07

When the on the fence crowd has to walk out to their mail box in ankle deep water swatting dengue infested mosquitos all the way, then they will take notice.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 01 Dec 2015, 21:30:06

Lore wrote:When the on the fence crowd has to walk out to their mail box in ankle deep water swatting dengue infested mosquitos all the way, then they will take notice.

Afraid not, everyone knows Dengue Fever is a terrorist attack!/sarc
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sat 05 Dec 2015, 03:26:58

Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate