Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Donald J. Trump Pt. 5

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Trump/Clinton Mash Up

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 08 Apr 2022, 21:37:52

vtsnowedin wrote:This is not quite a Clinton vs. Trump mashup but this is as good a place to post this as any. A jury has acquitted two of those charged of plotting to kidnap Michigan's Governor.

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – A federal jury didn’t find four men suspected of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer guilty Friday.

Brandon Michael-Ray Caserta, 33, of Canton, and Daniel Harris, 24, of Lake Orion, were found not guilty of conspiring to kidnap, a potential life offense.

The jury was hung on conspiracy charges against Barry Croft Jr., 46, of Bear, Delaware, Adam Fox, 38, of Wyoming.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids ... her-2.html

Interesting that the two Michigan residents were cleared while the two out of state instigators are still facing charges after a hung jury.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trump/Clinton Mash Up

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 08 Apr 2022, 21:58:08

Tanada wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:This is not quite a Clinton vs. Trump mashup but this is as good a place to post this as any. A jury has acquitted two of those charged of plotting to kidnap Michigan's Governor.

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – A federal jury didn’t find four men suspected of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer guilty Friday.

Brandon Michael-Ray Caserta, 33, of Canton, and Daniel Harris, 24, of Lake Orion, were found not guilty of conspiring to kidnap, a potential life offense.

The jury was hung on conspiracy charges against Barry Croft Jr., 46, of Bear, Delaware, Adam Fox, 38, of Wyoming.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids ... her-2.html

Interesting that the two Michigan residents were cleared while the two out of state instigators are still facing charges after a hung jury.

I find that reasonable as people that travel out of state for a cause have devoted time effort and money into it while the local guys might have just hung around with the wrong group not realizing what the goal of the group was.
I think from a quick read that what got them off was the embedded FBI informers that might actually have served as the main leaders planting ideas none of the others actually had on their own. Their pleading the fifth gave the jury the heads up that the case was not all it was made out to be and they were not being told the whole truth.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Degrowth Thread Pt. 2

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 09 Apr 2022, 08:23:00

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:Have you noticed that a few years ago we had flash mobs hitting mall courts and doing Irish dancing or doing a great performance of the 1812 overture and today a flash mob smashes into a high end store and rips off all the merchandise left exposed on the shelves? How times have changed!

Indeed. Do you think when Biden leaves office he'll be so upset about it that he attempts a coupe, or will he be an American that doesn't believe Putin's word is worth more than the entirety of the American intelligience services?

Are you referring to the 51 Experts that erroneously declared Hunter's laptop a Russian disinformation plant? :razz:
Biden wont even remember he ever was president a week after he leaves office much less care about a second term. The media and the deep state on the other hand will howl with rage if a Republican wins the white house (any Republican not just Trump) and will immediately begin a campaign to sabotage their presidency.

You could be describing Ronny Raygun. How interesting!

And, yes, this tit for tat will continue. It will, likely, get worse. I don't like that any more than you do. I do think, however, that the answer does require further defining how we think, and not jumping onto any bandwagons. Long-term that should be better for America.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Degrowth Thread Pt. 2

Unread postby careinke » Mon 11 Apr 2022, 02:19:26

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:Have you noticed that a few years ago we had flash mobs hitting mall courts and doing Irish dancing or doing a great performance of the 1812 overture and today a flash mob smashes into a high end store and rips off all the merchandise left exposed on the shelves? How times have changed!

Indeed. Do you think when Biden leaves office he'll be so upset about it that he attempts a coupe, or will he be an American that doesn't believe Putin's word is worth more than the entirety of the American intelligience services?

I would not be surprised if Brandon tried. Killary did. Are you talking about the Intelligence services that spied on political opponents including the President of the United States? How about the ones who lied about Brandons son's laptop being Russian Disinformation? Can you say FISA?

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Trump Indicted by NY District Attorney Alvin Bragg

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 30 Mar 2023, 22:18:22

Alvin Bragg, the NY District Attorney, has just indicted Donald Trump on 34 Counts related to his attorney paying blackmail money to the stripper Stormy Daniels

trump-indicted-manhattan-da-probe-

This takes the US into a new situation.

We've never had a Presidential Candidate indicted before.....especially not one like Trump.

And we've never had partisan District Attorneys before like Mr. Bragg, who has now interjected himself into the 2024 presidential campaign.

Alvin Bragg and Donald Trump....they deserve each other.

It will be very interesting to watch how this all plays out.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: Trump Indicted by NY District Attorney Alvin Bragg

Unread postby jato0072 » Fri 31 Mar 2023, 10:49:13

We live in a Simulacrum of the United States of America.

Love him or hate him, the mere presence of Donald Trump is showing how corrupt our "Oligarchs" actually are.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 31 Mar 2023, 16:04:14

It's moments like this that I miss COG and the guy with the rancho deluxe in Panama who always used to post intelligent commentary from the perspective of the Rs and the Ds respectively.....sorry I forgot the guy from Panama's name. Those two would know exactly what they think about this development and it would be interesting to see their discussions. But alas, like so many other former posters here, they have gone silent.

Personally, I fear the worst from this indictment. I would be very happy to see Trump gracefully retire so the American political scene could return to something like normal. But I think
this indictment will have just the opposite effect. I think it will tend to wee-wee up Trump and his core supporters and it make it MORE LIKELY he will fight to the bitter end
in court and for the Presidential nomination of the Rs for 2024.

AI image of what Trump being arrested in NY might look like.

AND I think that is the plan of the Ds in doing this.....I think the Ds plan is to run against Trump for the next two years and then win the 2024 elections. You've got to give them credit----the Ds had a lot of success meddling in R primaries in 2022. In several case extreme and amateurish R candidates won in the primaries only because the Ds provided the money that funded them through the primaries. Then once the extreme R candidate won, the Ds would withdraw their funding and the R candidate would go on to lose to the D in the actual election. I think the Ds rightly see Trump as unelectable in the Fall contest, and I think they are trying to get Trump nominated by the Rs in the belief Biden will defeat him in the actual election. The Ds WANT to run against Trump. Its a sure winner for them.

And so far the Ds plan is working to perfection. Trump is once again everywhere in the media, and his poll numbers among Rs are going up.

I have to admire the Ds for being so clever as to execute this strategy over and over again. It doesn't always work....Trump actually won in 2016 after the Ds and the MSM pumped him up so he could win the R primaries and the R nomination. But I think this time the Ds will succeed. I think the Ds will once again outsmart the Rs and manipulate them into nominating an un-electable candidate, i.e. Trump. And that makes it very likely that once again Biden will defeat Trump in 2022.

But thats where the Ds stop being smart and go back to being stupid. Because Biden is a terrible president.....in only two years he has triggered off inflation, failed to deter Putin from invading Ukraine so we now have the worst war since WWII raging in Europe, and driven Saudi Arabia, Iran, AND Russia into the arms of China, which is a strategic disaster. Biden bungled the US withdrawal from Afghanistan, putting the Taliban back in power (and Al Qaeda back in training camps in Afghanistan). Biden's inflation led to high interest rates, which have now triggered off bank runs and bank failures, and plunged us into another banking crisis. And don't even get me started on his penchant for nominating serial luggage thieves other and unqualified fools for high government positions.

So...is there any way the Ds clever plans might not succeed?

I see a potential danger to the Ds plan....but it wouldn't be good for anybody. Just imagine if if Biden's idiotic economic policies trigger off a deep recession in the next year or two. Because then we might have unelectable Trump running from prison and unelectable Joe Biden hiding in his basement after presiding over an economic collapse as the two candidates as we approach the elections in November 2024.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 02 Apr 2023, 08:18:03

Cog
Ibon
VTsnowedin
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 02 Apr 2023, 08:25:09

Our whole political system is in disarray. It has never been good, from the beginning and was something framers (Washington anyway) were concerned about.

But there are so many problems I don't know where to start.

This past week a Philly election official pleads guilty to altering records to put people on the ballot, taking bribes from candidate judges. But they did NOT indict the candidates who were paying the bribes, possibly sitting Judges.

A sewer.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Donald J. Trump Pt. 5

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 18 May 2023, 09:42:42

WaPo Opinions on Town Hall

CNN leadership under fire after ‘disastrous’ Trump town hall

CNN’s prime-time broadcast of a raucous town hall with Donald Trump propelled a tsunami of criticism from inside and outside the network Thursday — and renewed questions about how the news media will handle the challenge of covering the serial falsehoods of the Republican Party’s leading candidate going into the 2024 election.

The former president repeatedly dodged or sneered at questions from CNN’s moderator, Kaitlan Collins, during the live, 70-minute forum at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire on Wednesday night. He doubled down on false claims that “a rigged election” led to his 2020 ouster and referred to writer E. Jean Carroll, who just prevailed in her lawsuit against him for defamation and battery, as a “whack job,” to cheers and laughter from the audience, made up of local Republican voters.

And when Collins pressed him on why he removed classified documents from the White House, he replied: “You are a nasty person.”

Former president Donald Trump called CNN anchor Kaitlan Collins “a nasty person” during a town hall event in New Hampshire on May 10. The crowd cheered. (Video: CNN)

“Predictably disastrous,” wrote former network TV news executive Mark Lukasiewicz, part of a chorus of media critics and political observers who bemoaned the on-air spectacle. “Live lying works. A friendly MAGA crowd consistently laughs, claps at Trump’s punchlines … and the moderator cannot begin to keep up with the AR-15 pace of lies.”

At a time when CNN has been struggling to turn around viewership decline, the telecast proved to be a ratings disappointment, with Nielsen reporting just 3.1 million viewers overall. That was a big boost over CNN’s typical 8 p.m. telecast, but a smaller audience than CNN’s town hall with President Biden last summer (3.7 million) and six previous Trump town halls carried by Fox News — calling into question both CNN and Trump’s drawing power.

The more profound impact, however, may be the damage done to the reputation of the network that has long promoted itself as “the most trusted name in news.” It also raised questions about the future prospects of chief executive Chris Licht, who replaced Trump-friend-turned critic Jeff Zucker last year and is charged with striking a more neutral tone at a cable channel that exploded with impassioned commentary during the Trump years.

Journalists at CNN and others outside the organization called the town hall a “debacle,” a “disaster” and “CNN’s lowest moment.” On Twitter, the hashtags and phrases BoycottCNN, DoneWithCNN and ByeCNN trended late Wednesday.

The thrust of the criticism is that CNN’s format, which it has used for other candidates over the years, enabled Trump’s filibustering and thwarted real-time fact checking, allowing him to present a dishonest rehashing of his record. “In terms of sheer control of the stage and WWE-style platform dynamics, the horrible truth is that this outcome was preordained,” tweeted veteran political writer James Fallows. Some compared the program to a modified Trump campaign rally — the kind that CNN sometimes aired live during the 2015-16 campaign cycle, which Zucker later said he regretted.

Licht defended the decision to host Trump in this format during his regular morning meeting with network staff on Thursday.

“I am aware that there have been people with opinions [and] backlash, and that is absolutely expected,” he said, according to an audio recording. “And I’ll say this as clearly as I possibly can: You do not have to like the former president’s answers, but you can’t say we didn’t get them. … America was served very well by what we did last night. People woke up and they know what the stakes are in this election in a way they didn’t the day before.”

Licht also hailed Collins’s “masterful performance” as moderator and called her “a rock star.”

Licht, however, was hammered by his own journalists. “We did it wrong,” said an on-air personality. “We treated him like a normal politician who could be fact-checked. We ended up dancing around a demagogue.”

“It should have been a taped interview where you could fact-check him,” said one CNN correspondent who, like the on-air personality spoke on the condition of anonymity to preserve relationships and careers. “The audience was laughing at his comments about Jean Carroll. Disgraceful.”

In his meeting with staff, Licht defended the decisions that led to a cheering, partisan audience: “That was also an important part of the story because the people in that audience represent a large swath of America. And the mistake the media made in the past is ignoring those people exist.”

Another staffer, also speaking on background to avoid retaliation, suggested Licht and other executives who approved the event should resign.

It seems an unlikely outcome — for now. Publicly at least, Licht has had the backing of his boss, Warner Bros. Discovery chief executive David Zaslav. Asked for comment Thursday, a company spokesperson pointed to Zaslav’s interview on CNBC last week in which he stood by his lieutenant and brushed off some of the criticism that erupted after the town hall was announced. (“We have a divided government. Right? We need to hear both voices,” Zaslav said at the time. “All voices should be heard.”)

One executive close to Zaslav said that both the board and the executives understand that the news business is difficult right now and that they are prepared to give CNN ample time to find its footing.

Nevertheless, the Trump town hall is shaping up as another disappointment under Licht’s watch. Despite his tinkering with CNN’s daily lineup and a mandate to reposition the network as a neutral purveyor of news, Licht has been unable to stop its ratings from sliding to historic lows.

Licht’s signature programming effort, the remodeling of CNN’s morning program, has largely fallen apart with the firing of co-anchor Don Lemon last month. Collins, a rising star at the network, was also moved to mornings to anchor with him last fall. People within the company expect that she will be promoted to the 9 p.m. hour, which has not had a permanent host since CNN fired Chris Cuomo in December 2021. And a person close to the decision-making said that the town hall controversy will not alter Licht’s plans for her.

CNN’s daily media newsletter, Reliable Sources, was blunt in its assessment of Wednesday’s event. “It’s hard to see how America was served by the spectacle of lies that aired on CNN Wednesday evening,” reporter Oliver Darcy wrote Wednesday night.

But the squadron of analysts and commentators that CNN put on the air late Wednesday to assess Trump’s performance in the town hall (“We don’t have enough time to fact-check every lie he told,” said anchor Jake Tapper) said nothing about the network’s own decision to host the forum.

At least one of the network’s paid commentators went public with his objections before the Trump special aired. Michael Fanone, a D.C. police officer who was injured while defending the Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, riot, wrote an essay published by Rolling Stone that indicted the programming decision.

“Putting him onstage, having him answer questions like a normal candidate who didn’t get people killed in the process of trying to end the democracy he’s attempting to once again run, normalizes what Trump did,” Fanone wrote. “It sends a message that attempting a coup is just part of the process; that accepting election results is a choice; and that there are no consequences, in the media or in politics or anywhere else, for rejecting them.”

In an interview last week, CNN political director David Chalian justified the event by noting that Trump is the front-runner for the 2024 Republican nomination, and that his “unique” status as a twice-impeached, criminally indicted former president who incited the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, didn’t change the network’s journalism mission.

“You’d be hard-pressed to say [the format] is less revealing than a one-on-one interview,” he said.

Chalian did not respond to a request for comment Thursday. CNN spokesman Matt Dornic said in an email, “I think Chris captured our position well in this morning’s [editorial] meeting.”

Trump, for one, expressed satisfaction with the event. “Hope everyone enjoyed CNN tonight,” he wrote on his social media platform Truth Social. “The New Hampshire audience was AMAZING. Thank you!”

But inside CNN, the mood was dark.

“I can’t believe anyone thought this was a good idea,” said one staffer, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid career repercussions. “I’ve been a CNN journalist for many years. I’ve always been so proud to say that. I’ve never, ever been ashamed of CNN until tonight.”

Elahe Izadi and Sarah Ellison contributed to this report.

correction

An earlier version of this article misidentified Michael Fanone as an officer of the U.S. Capitol Police. At the time of the Jan. 6, 2021, riot, he was a D.C. police officer.

Washington Post
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 18 May 2023, 09:50:29

Politico's report on Town Hall

5 takeaways from Trump’s CNN smackdown

If there’s such a thing as an even more unvarnished view of Donald Trump, Wednesday’s town hall-turned-circus on CNN was it.

Steamrolling his way through a made-for-primetime spectacle, Trump maintained his lie that the 2020 election was rigged, refused to pledge to accept the results of the 2024 election and called his interviewer a “nasty person.” And he had the crowd on his side for all of it, cheering his answers and laughing at his jokes.

Set in Manchester, N.H., the first primary state, the made-for-primetime event underscored Trump’s position as the “frontrunner” in the race, as moderator Kaitlan Collins called him in her introduction. And by the end, it was never more clear that Trump is still selling what a sizable portion of the GOP base craves.

Here are five takeaways from Trump’s — and the GOP’s — big night in New Hampshire:
Trump’s biggest liabilities never looked so small

The most significant thing about Trump’s town hall wasn’t anything he said about the 2020 election, the Jan. 6 riot at the capitol or the federal jury that found him liable for sexual battery.

It was that on all of those issues, a roomful of Republicans and independents who intend to vote in New Hampshire’s Republican primary was siding with him.

The crowd applauded, laughed and cheered as Trump discussed his decision making on Jan. 6, said he was “inclined” to pardon “many” of the defendants from that day, continued to call the 2020 election “rigged,” and suggested former Vice President Mike Pence should have done more to overturn the election.

There was laughter in the room when he belittled E. Jean Carroll, the former magazine advice columnist to whom a jury in Manhattan awarded $5 million in damages.

And in response to an audience question about whether he would stop using “polarizing” language about the last election being stolen, Trump declined to fully commit to doing so, saying he would continue to cast doubt on the 2024 election if he suspects fraud.

This wasn’t an audience of liberals flown in from the coast. CNN had reached out to the New Hampshire GOP ahead of the town hall and invited them, along with other groups in the state, to submit questions and attend the event, according to an email sent to the NHGOP that was obtained by POLITICO.

For Trump’s rivals, it was a foreboding scene. Here was the former president getting grilled on some of his biggest vulnerabilities, and if the room at St. Anselm College was any indication, it wasn’t hurting him at all.

It was a flashing red sign for the rest of the field that Trump will not only continue using the election-grievance rhetoric that has defined his public messaging the last two years — but that Republicans will likely reward him for it.
Trump rediscovers his foil

Entire political solar systems have been born, swelled and swallowed again since Trump last appeared as an interviewed subject on CNN, but the man himself has not changed.

On Wednesday — and on its own platform — Trump once again turned the network into a foil.

In an hour-plus-long confrontation with Collins, Trump called a reputable, mainstream reporter a “nasty person” and made dismissive comments that drew laughter from the audience. Trump refused to give direct answers to her questions while attempting to minimize Collins’ sharing of objective facts, telling the crowd she “doesn’t understand.”

Media observers — including on CNN — cried foul. But it was Trump’s show, and the setup on Wednesday could have made any casual observer believe Trump is already the GOP standard-bearer for 2024.

Hours before Trump stepped in front of the camera, CNN was already cutting to shots of an empty stage and previewing the appearance with commentators and chyrons — the type of coverage one would expect ahead of a debate.

It was Trump’s idea, according to one adviser, to take out sheets of paper with his Jan. 6 tweets printed out and show them to the crowd, a moment that received laughter and applause.
… and leaves the rest of the pack on the sidelines

Ron DeSantis was the only candidate Trump hit in the town hall, urging the Florida governor to think about his future, because it was, he said, “not looking good.”

Other than that, Trump’s top rival in the Republican primary, who has fallen significantly behind him in polling, was barely mentioned at all. As the forum was starting, a super PAC supporting DeSantis sent out two press releases — a statement lambasting Trump for participating in a CNN forum, and a polling analysis arguing Trump can’t win a general election.

By the town hall’s end, a spokesperson for the super PAC hit Trump, calling it “over an hour of nonsense that proved Trump is stuck in the past.”

But attempts by Trump’s rivals to keep themselves top of mind highlighted the hopeless situation they have always found themselves in as he steals the spotlight.

As Trump lapped up the room’s applause, Pence counter-programmed. If Trump’s motivation to subject himself to a CNN town hall was intended to throw an elbow at Fox News, his former No. 2 and potential primary rival swooped in for his leftovers, appearing with Sean Hannity in what was billed as a “must-see” interview.

A senior Pence adviser confirmed to POLITICO the booking was intentional. But it was as if it took place in a different political universe: Neither Hannity nor Pence made any mention of the town hall. And though he only came up briefly in the town hall itself — Trump refused to apologize to Pence for his actions on Jan. 6, saying he was never “in any danger” — Pence used the occasion to hit Joe Biden on his son Hunter’s laptop and echoed a congressional Republican investigation of the matter.

Meanwhile, the other Republicans in the field could do little else but tweet — and few even bothered.

When the town hall came to a close, Chris Christie, who had earlier taken out ads attacking Trump on Facebook, fired off a couple tweets about Trump being “Putin’s puppet.” Vivek Ramaswamy posted videos from the campaign trail. The others were silent during the 70-minute show. And when Trump’s rivals eventually did speak? It was all about Trump.

Afterward, both New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu and former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, frequent critics of Trump, went on CNN to take shots at his performance. Both said he looked “weak” and that he failed to give responses that would appeal to women and suburban voters the GOP needs to court.

After two years of Trump being de-platformed on major social media sites like Facebook and Twitter and his comments receiving much less airtime on cable networks, things suddenly seemed to be right back where they started. And to add insult to injury, Trump has suggested he might not show up to the first couple Republican debates this summer, a decision that would rob his opponents of a chance to take him on in front of a national audience.
Trump still has a general election problem

Trump’s struggles with suburban women aren’t going away anytime soon, and it’s hard to see his performance on Wednesday helping.

He joked as he discussed rape allegations raised against him by Carroll, who won a $5 million lawsuit this week after a jury determined Trump sexually abused and later defamed her. He doubled down on the comments he made in the infamous “Access Hollywood” video leak, insisting that it is a known fact — “for a million years” — that the wealthy and famous can have their way with women. And he called Collins, the female moderator, a “nasty person.”

But on the issue of abortion, a major liability for Republicans, Trump wasn’t so quick to brush aside the opinion of the undecided female vote. Pressed repeatedly by Collins about whether he would support some form of a national abortion ban — something some of his GOP rivals have conceded, under pressure by anti-abortion advocates, that they would do — Trump refused to agree.

He threw some bones to the anti-abortion camp, calling the Dobbs decision “an incredible thing for pro-life” and bragging about his role in the process. Trump said, without elaborating, that he would “negotiate” and “make a deal” that would be “satisfactory” for the movement.

But just two days after he met with one of the nation’s leading anti-abortion activists, Trump stopped short of any pledge to support the type of federal law that social conservatives have called for. It means that while taking a position more popular with the general electorate, Trump could alienate a faction of GOP primary voters who have made further limiting abortion rights their top issue.

And one top Democratic strategist said that Trump’s comments on abortion were a “home run” for Democrats, too. “Trump saying he’s proud and honored to overturn Roe? That clip is going to get played over and over.”
Get ready for a repeat of the chaos in 2024

As much as traditionalist Republicans may wish it would go away, Trump’s voter fraud complaints will remain a feature, not a bug, of his campaign. It will be a fault line throughout the primary, as he mused about pardoning a “large portion” of Jan. 6 rioters.

“I think it’s a shame what happened,” Trump said, implicitly responding to Pence and others who have said elections should be about the future. “I think it’s a very sad thing for our country. I think it’s a very sad thing frankly for the world, because if you look at what’s gotten to our country, our country has gone to hell.”

Even in the face of an independent Trump voter named Scott who asked him whether he would “suspend polarizing talk of election fraud” — speaking for normie Republicans everywhere — Trump would not relent.

“Yes,” he said, “unless I see election fraud.”

Politico
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby ralfy » Thu 18 May 2023, 19:01:46

CNN needs high ratings and profits from them, and they got such with Trump.

The two work together, and the same applies to much of for-profit U.S. media.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 18 May 2023, 20:46:04

As President he was not the worst ever, but he has lost his mind, the ego thing has sickened him to a very remarkable degree. This should be obvious.

One would think, given his obvious diffiulties/afflictions it would be very easy to defeat Trump. All the Democrats need to do is to put up someone who is superior and who has a decent media presence. They seem to be having a very difficult time with that.

Trump did not beat Hillary, Hillary defeated Hillary. She showed herself to be a thoroughly unlikable, detestable even, person. She made people cringe.

Biden did not beat Trump, sufficient people were sick of Trump to vote for a geriatric who, decades ago and in his prime, could not make the cut. Trump beat Trump.

This election is the Democrats to loose, it looks like they are gonna make a damn good run at loosing. Yet another race to the bottom.

Our electoral system needs a redo, badly.

And that is the problem with the Politico piece, they just feed the partisan hate. There is no thoughtful analysis of WHY we are in this idiotic position.

PeternZeihan, a few weeks ago, did a 5 minute video on how it isike to be a Trump/Biden redo based on how the R and D parties select their champions. Yet that level of understanding is beyond CNN or Politico's ability.

Yeah, we've got problems, big problems.

Go Nikki Haley!!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 18 May 2023, 22:51:41

Newfie wrote:A

PeternZeihan, a few weeks ago, did a 5 minute video on how it isike to be a Trump/Biden redo based on how the R and D parties select their champions. Yet that level of understanding is beyond CNN or Politico's ability.

Yeah, we've got problems, big problems.

Go Nikki Haley!!

GO ROBERT F. KENNEDY!!!!

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 19 May 2023, 06:32:12

Halley vs Kennedy would he an interesting match. :-D
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 19 May 2023, 07:55:59

Newfie wrote:Halley vs Kennedy would he an interesting match. :-D

I heard the theory just a couple days ago that if Kennedy is squeezed out by the D corrupt party manipulation of the primaries as we saw in 2019 in favor of President Biden that the winning ticket would be pure populist Trump & RFK ticket to steal away the moderate D support from the Biden & Harris rematch.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 19 May 2023, 11:51:05

Interesting idea.

Frankly, my guess is Kennedy does not have a chance in hell in the traditional D primary system. It is heavily rigged through the “super delegates.”

Likewise Trump is likely to get the R nomination due the winner take all method.

So a Biden/Trump rematch seems likely.

Pitiful.

Will be really interesting to see his VP pick.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 19 May 2023, 13:18:25

Newfie wrote:Halley vs Kennedy would he an interesting match. :-D

I could be enticed to watch Halley in action. I do lean RINO naturally. I've been dealing with peak oilers for approaching 20 years now, I've made up my mind about whackadoodles pretending they know something without a clue and being all serious about it, if RFK Jr's family thinks he is a nutter, no one here knows him better than them.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 19 May 2023, 13:23:39

Tanada wrote:I heard the theory just a couple days ago that if Kennedy is squeezed out by the D corrupt party manipulation of the primaries as we saw in 2019 in favor of President Biden that the winning ticket would be pure populist Trump & RFK ticket to steal away the moderate D support from the Biden & Harris rematch.

How is a double nutter with one additionally a traitor ticket work out better for the traitor? I get the idea that if you've got a Democan hanging out with King MAGA there are voters dumb enough to lean that way out of distaste for Biden, but ultimately the top of the ticket is who Americans traditionally vote for. Remember Quail? I mean, full bore stupid VP couldn't stop King Geroge The First, and he didn't lose a second term because he still had full bore stupid VP with him in 1992, Slick Willy just came across as pretending to care. We just didn't know it was interns at the time is all.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 19 May 2023, 13:40:47

Newfie wrote:Likewise Trump is likely to get the R nomination due the winner take all method.

I don't think the winner take all component is near as powerful as the 1/3 of the party that will only vote for the traitor. Throw in sychophants who like the white Christian nationalist, anti immigrant, strong man bring back slavery and lets find me some wimmins to assault, and he can pretty much run the table in the New Republican Party.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion