Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Decider Says: US/allies must make "last big push"

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Decider Says: US/allies must make "last big push"

Unread postby mattduke » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 02:59:15

"President George Bush has told senior advisers that the US and its allies must make "a last big push" to win the war in Iraq and that instead of beginning a troop withdrawal next year, he may increase US forces by up to 20,000 soldiers, according to sources familiar with the administration's internal deliberations."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,3296 ... 50,00.html

Had to fix that title.
Bug: If last char of title is a double quote, it's replaced with an ampersand.
Bug2: Doesn't have to be last, just near-enough to last that it's html expansion exceeds the title space.
Last edited by mattduke on Wed 22 Nov 2006, 01:05:01, edited 4 times in total.
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Decider Says: US and its allies must make "a last b

Unread postby eric_b » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 03:17:36

Yeah, "a last big push" to finish off the US financially and morally.
eric_b
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby seldom_seen » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 03:21:53

Heading in to work today and I saw a guy driving a brand new Audi.

He had a sticker square in the middle of his rear window. Exactly like so:

He was probably saving this sticker for his brand new Audi and couldn't wait to put it on.

Point being. I think we should pull out of Iraq immediately and let Iran have those oil fields and all the repurcussions that come with it. The sooner the better. Because I just can't bare the thought of this guy standing at the gas station fueling up the new Audi with that W sticker on his car. The delusional thought processes associated with this form of behavior is indicative of psychosis. People are high on fossil fuels, way higher than the most deranged crack addict.
But how the world turns. One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby kokoda » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 05:02:52

Some reports place the civilian death toll at over 655,000 since the beginning of the Iraq war.

Sounds like George Dubya wants to go for the magic million.

Even Saddam would be proud of those numbers.
kokoda
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Lighthouse » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 05:58:07

seldom_seen wrote:... I just can't bare the thought of this guy standing at the gas station fueling up the new Audi with that W sticker on his car. The delusional thought processes associated with this form of behavior is indicative of psychosis. People are high on fossil fuels, way higher than the most deranged crack addict.

Not so fast. Even the biggest Audi is more fuel efficient and environmentally friendly than the average American build car ...

I personally prefer walking, pushbike, and motorcycle ...
I am a sarcastic cynic. Some say I'm an asshole. Now that we have that out of the way ...
Lighthouse
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby shakespear1 » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 07:05:01

In one of the recent press meeting that GWB had he said to one of the reporters "What do you think I am nuts?"

I think he was correct in diagnosing his own condition. 8O
Men argue, nature acts !
Voltaire

"...In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

Alan Greenspan
shakespear1
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Heineken » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 09:41:28

mattduke wrote:"President George Bush has told senior advisers that the US and its allies must make "a last big push" to win the war in Iraq and that instead of beginning a troop withdrawal next year, he may increase US forces by up to 20,000 soldiers, according to sources familiar with the administration's internal deliberations."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,3296 ... 50,00.html

Yah, that's what we kept doing in Vietnam until around---what, 1970 or so? It was always one last big push that was going to turn the tide.

We're still paying for that failed war.

WHEN WILL WE LEARN THAT YOU CANNOT WIN WARS OF OCCUPATION?

Bush is insane. I really believe that. He's like a ravenous monster attached to our legs. His presidency has been a chamber of horrors, complete with severed heads and bodies containing 1000 holes from electric drills. And---ass pyramids.
"Actually, humans died out long ago."
---Abused, abandoned hunting dog

"Things have entered a stage where the only change that is possible is for things to get worse."
---I & my bro.
Heineken
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Mesuge » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 10:56:18

The problem is that these attitudes are well widespread among the elites, decision-making level as well. So, some further war escalation is not out of the picture, people like Pelosi and Clinton can in fact sell the WWIII to the middle class more effectively.

Actually we can see it every day in the news how the "bad guys" Iran and Syria are supporting int. terrorism and meddling in the "new democracy" of Iraq.

What they don't tell you is that in terms of volume most of the arms being used in the region are either of US or Israeli origin, followed by Russian/Chinese..
DOOMerotron: at all-time high [8.3] out of 10..
Mesuge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby seldom_seen » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 14:08:08

Lighthouse wrote:Not so fast. Even the biggest Audi is more fuel efficient and environmentally friendly than the average American build car

There is no such thing as an "environmentally friendly" car.
But how the world turns. One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby holmes » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 14:39:07

Seldom I love the truth in your words! This is fantasy island! Id like to take a sledge hammer to that asshats Audi! No vehicle is environmentally friendly. Double speak jingoism. also the pshycotic American hating is reaching epidemic proportions. Like everything is so serene and pure except america. Its delusional and ego driven. There is scientific labels for this type of mental illness we are seeing.
"To crush the Cornucopians, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
holmes
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby holmes » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 15:09:02

Thats so true seldom! I respect the pathetic criminal crack addict more than that elite jerk audi owner. Id like to see him gone before the crack addict. He is more of a criminal addict than the criminal crack addict.
"To crush the Cornucopians, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
holmes
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Concerned » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 17:24:28

seldom_seen wrote:Heading in to work today and I saw a guy driving a brand new Audi.

He had a sticker square in the middle of his rear window. Exactly like so:

He was probably saving this sticker for his brand new Audi and couldn't wait to put it on.

Point being. I think we should pull out of Iraq immediately and let Iran have those oil fields and all the repurcussions that come with it. The sooner the better. Because I just can't bare the thought of this guy standing at the gas station fueling up the new Audi with that W sticker on his car. The delusional thought processes associated with this form of behavior is indicative of psychosis. People are high on fossil fuels, way higher than the most deranged crack addict.

There are more efficient ways of obtaining the oil. For example buying it at fair market price.

Now if you use to much of it then you may have to scale back.

Being against the war and driving is not delusional thought process. Mind you it's not only the war it's detention without trial, routine torture, patriot act LOL good one *wink* etc...

Not that the dems are much better but they spin their excuses in a more palatable way that the neo con in your face take it or leave it style.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."
-Italian Proverb
Concerned
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby holmes » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 18:12:37

aahhh yes passive aggression is better than straight up aggression. Umm no it isnt. PA is the worst aggression. Just take a look at western NW. The entire rainy coast from oregon up to canada is based on passive aggression. You need to see the passive aggression culture. Seldom knows it well.
holmes
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Chaparral » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 18:26:05

Last big push eh? Must be in a metaphorical Ardenne Forest.
Chaparral
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby eric_b » Fri 17 Nov 2006, 18:50:30

seldom_seen wrote:People are high on fossil fuels, way higher than the most deranged crack addict.

True, True. Worse, they don't even know it.
eric_b
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby DesertBear2 » Tue 21 Nov 2006, 02:31:01

Chaparral wrote:Last big push eh? Must be in a metaphorical Ardenne Forest.

Or maybe those 40,000 troops are meant to bolster existing forces after the attack on Iran is under way.

Lots of vulnerabilities to Shia militias, if Iran prompted them into action against US forces in Iraq.
DesertBear2
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Lighthouse » Tue 21 Nov 2006, 08:56:13

seldom_seen wrote:
Lighthouse wrote:Not so fast. Even the biggest Audi is more fuel efficient and environmentally friendly than the average American build car

There is no such thing as an "environmentally friendly" car.

I Agree, but on the other hand I never claimed that.

I just compared the more fuel efficient Audi with an less environmentally friendly average American car and said, if you compare this two, the Audi is more fuel efficient and environmentally friendly than the average American build car. I did not say the Audi is an environmentally friendly car per se because here is no such thing as an "environmentally friendly" car.

All clear?
I am a sarcastic cynic. Some say I'm an asshole. Now that we have that out of the way ...
Lighthouse
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Lighthouse » Tue 21 Nov 2006, 09:08:04

holmes wrote:Seldom I love the truth in your words! This is fantasy island! Id like to take a sledge hammer to that asshats Audi!

What about the Cadillac parking next to the Audi?

holmes wrote:No vehicle is environmentally friendly. Double speak jingoism. also the pshycotic American hating is reaching epidemic proportions.

You are not really implying that American cars are fuel efficient? Even the Chinese build fleet is more fuel efficient as the American fleet will be in 5 years. That's a fact.

holmes wrote:Like everything is so serene and pure except america. Its delusional and ego driven. There is scientific labels for this type of mental illness we are seeing.

Can you send me some of that stuff you are smoking?

Please ...
Lighthouse
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby TreebeardsUncle » Tue 21 Nov 2006, 23:10:39

Hi folks.
One question: What will happen after Bush leaves office; what will the next president do? Stay the course?

Here is something I posted on msnbc or cnn a couple days ago in response to an article stating Kissinger believe the war in Iraq is "unwinnable" for the US.

Hi.
Well, the issue is not even about "winning the war against communism." I mean terrorism.After the break-up of the Soviet Union, a new enemy was needed to feed the military-industrial machine.In that instance, the attacks by the Islamic folks were a god-send. They make an ideal enemy, alien,distant and immediately present, strong enough to justify a military build-up, but weak enough not to pose any real substantial threat.
So, what is the actual goal of the US in Iraq, if it is not to win the war? It is actually to prolong the conflict for around 10 years or so, which is about the time it takes to design, produce, and test major naval and air force weapon systems. The Iraq War was deliberately drawn out around 10 years to supply money to the contractors, particularly the dioxin-containing Agent Orange, napalm, and bomb suppliers. The American economy is driven by oil, mortgages, and bomb-making in that order.
While working as an electronics engineer in the ordinance division at navair in China Lake,a subsidiary of Raytheon (in effect, but not legally), I was specifically told offsite in 2003 or so that the operations in Iraq provided an opportunity to dump out various older bombs (on various targets).Thus it was a good way to make use of some of the more obsolete ordinance in various stockpiles.
The operations in Afghanistan provided an impetus for the development of thermo-baric weapons to penetrate into and clear out caves. Even after the demise of the Soviet Union, the nuclear bomb-building industry, which consists of the DOE and assorted contractors, was pushing for the continued development of needless new devices, including smaller tactical nukes designed to be used rather than to serve as deterrents.Yes, Haliburton and Bechtel, have pulled out. However, the big 4, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrup Grummond, and Boeing are well-financed by continued demand for new planes and ordinance.
Oh, and yes, the Islamics, will outlast the Americans. Just about all the Americans care about is immediately enriching themsleves as quickly as possible, while the Islamics are motivated by deep-seated long-lasting religion-based hatreds. In particular, the Shi'i - Sunni split, and the fighting between the two sects dates at least as far back as the 900's.
Last edited by TreebeardsUncle on Wed 22 Nov 2006, 00:38:19, edited 1 time in total.
TreebeardsUncle
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby TreebeardsUncle » Tue 21 Nov 2006, 23:14:57

Hi folks.
One question: What will happen after Bush leaves office; what will the next president do? Stay the course?

Here is something I posted on msnbc or cnn a couple days ago in response to an article stating Kissinger believe the war in Iraq is "unwinnable" for the US.

Hi.
Well, the issue is not even about "winning the war against communism." I mean terrorism.After the break-up of the Soviet Union, a new enemy was needed to feed the military-industrial machine.In that instance, the attacks by the Islamic folks were a god-send. They make an ideal enemy, alien,distant and immediately present, strong enough to justify a military build-up, but weak enough not to pose any real substantial threat.
So, what is the actual goal of the US in Iraq, if it is not to win the war? It is actually to prolong the conflict for around 10 years or so, which is about the time it takes to design, produce, and test major naval and air force weapon systems. The Iraq War was deliberately drawn out around 10 years to supply money to the contractors, particularly the dioxin-containing Agent Orange, napalm, and bomb suppliers. The American economy is driven by oil, mortgages, and bomb-making in that order.
While working as an electronics engineer in the ordinance division at navair in China Lake,a subsidiary of Raytheon (in effect, but not legally), I was specifically told offsite in 2003 or so that the operations in Iraq provided an opportunity to dump out various older bombs (on various targets).Thus it was a good way to make use of some of the more obsolete ordinance in various stockpiles.
The operations in Afghanistan provided an impetus for the development of thermo-baric weapons to penetrate into and clear out caves. Even after the demise of the Soviet Union, the nuclear bomb-building industry, which consists of the DOE and assorted contractors, was pushing for the continued development of needless new devices, including smaller tactical nukes designed to be used rather than to serve as deterrents.Yes, Haliburton and Bechtel, have pulled out. However, the big 4, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrup Grummond, and Boeing are well-financed by continued demand for new planes and ordinance.
Oh, and yes, the Islamics, will outlast the Americans. Just about all the Americans care about is immedialy enriching themsleves as quickly as possible, while the Islamics are motivated by deep-seated long-lasting religion-based hatreds. In particular, the Shi'i - Sunni split, and the fight between these 2 sects dates at least as far back as the 900's.

Geoff
TreebeardsUncle
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics