Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Create Your Own Peak Oil Future (or Present)

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

Create Your Own Peak Oil Future (or Present)

Unread postby otter_17 » Tue 22 Feb 2011, 13:33:34

Hey folks, I'm new to the board. Stop by to say hi.

Anyway, I am sure somebody, somewhere, has created the exact same thing, but I put together a spreadsheet that plots the oil production curves for each country in the EIA International Petroleum Monthly up to late 2010 (bbl per day). I allow the user to input data (gray shaded boxes) that will project the oil production for each country for 2015, 2020, 2030, 2040 and 2050. Two cases are presented side-by-side, a high estimate and a low estimate. You can essentially create your best and worst case scenarios for each country and see what the result will be. It's great fun for the whole family.

Here are two versions:
World Oil Production Estimator rev1.xls
World Oil Production Estimator rev2.xls

"rev1" is the spreadsheet without any projection inputs.
"rev2" includes my tentative projections.

For now, my projections for each country are not based on too much prior knowledge of the industry, so I concede that I may be off my rocker with some of my projections.

What I challenge you folks with:
** Point me to a thread or another spreadsheet that is similar to mine... I couldn't find one.
** Oil production projections for each country, particularly in the near term for say 2015, 2020, and 2030.
** If possible, back up with a source or reason for your projection. An official projection by an oil representative will work, too. It would be neat to put together the "official" estimate for world production in the near term.
** If you stumble on a bug, post in the thread.
** Based on your inputs, I will create more revisions.

You folks are free to use the spreadsheets as you see fit. Have fun! :P
otter_17
Wood
Wood

Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models