Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby bochen777 » Tue 17 Mar 2020, 20:43:54

In the long run, Mother nature will take its course and always wins out sooner or later.....

This is the collapse of trickle down freakconomics... in plain sight.

Now that the bubble has popped (COVID being the pin) all the every day easy monies are vaporized..... faster than an H bomb

For too long we've had too much "instagram models", "social influencers", "youtube careers" people don't nothing but ridding the gravy cream train of easy money propped up by adverstisment dollars in a CONsumer based eCONomy which itself was predicated upon the CONfident assumption of CONtinous high EROEI / plentiful resources etc.....

Pregnancy Plans - YouTube Money - Thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11MTf4rk4mI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-kl5EzTDyo

Handicapped dude that wouldn't survive for two hours out in the wild back in the stone age is (was) now riding on the tail-end of YouTube ad money in order to support his out of his league live in nanny turned girlfriend and soon to be wife and mother of his artificial seedling....
Too bad for him, COVID caused a chain reaction in which he is now forcibly quarantined for months if not years on end, and his viewership has already dropped through the floor... even notwithstanding the fact that ad dollars are going to dry up pretty crispy soon....


Quarantined in Barcelona - Enjoying the small things | International Couple 국제커플
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKlRJroIMRQ

An attractive young interracial couple in the Europe whom both met during a modeling photoshoot decided late last year to start their own YouTube channel, no doubt to get on board the "influencer" bandwagon and hop on the easy money express and carve out that niche multistream income plan.... while boom came COVID, just when they were getting traction on their newly started channel by darting cross the world they darted themselves into a lockdown zone.... hard times ahead.....

JOB UPDATE | Flight Attendant Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbCZ25dqjM

Funny all the new flight attendants thots wannabe instagram models that have all of a sudden seemingly all recently flocked to starting their own YouTube "flight attendant lifestyle" channels after realizing the jig was up and that soon their globe trotting days are in the rear view mirror.... Dumb ass bitch realizes the airliner industry is dead man walking but still too stupid to refrain from stating in the video towards the end that "At least I have youtube"
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:01:22

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 17 Mar 2020, 22:31:33

bochen777 wrote:Funny all the new flight attendants thots wannabe instagram models that have all of a sudden seemingly all recently flocked to starting their own YouTube "flight attendant lifestyle" channels after realizing the jig was up


The larger issue is expect to see Youtube get clogged with vlogs which will document this entire event start to finish. People just have too much time on their hands and no other way to communicate (not that face to face was happening so much more before this anyway).

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun 05 Feb 2017, 13:17:28

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby bochen777 » Tue 17 Mar 2020, 23:21:19

asg70 wrote:
bochen777 wrote:Funny all the new flight attendants thots wannabe instagram models that have all of a sudden seemingly all recently flocked to starting their own YouTube "flight attendant lifestyle" channels after realizing the jig was up


The larger issue is expect to see Youtube get clogged with vlogs which will document this entire event start to finish. People just have too much time on their hands and no other way to communicate (not that face to face was happening so much more before this anyway).


another dumbass couple thinks its going to be back to BAU in the next month or two LMAO

Our Coronavirus Plan (Unaffected but Social Distancing to Keep Our Friends Safe)
Special Books by Special Kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQAgktbibo
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:01:22

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby bochen777 » Wed 18 Mar 2020, 12:45:28

the new videos and new channels are coming online nonstop now

freee doomer porn
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:01:22

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby bochen777 » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 03:19:34

bochen777 wrote:the new videos and new channels are coming online nonstop now

freee doomer porn



https://youtu.be/usc9RU4T2H4
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:01:22

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 05:43:10

I think OP is right to question the state of trickle down economics. I just saw a headline stating that so and so, a Senator, was going to try and talk Trump out of direct payments to citizens. The amount of those payments, when all sorts of self-employed people need them, has been talked down as well. I think that in the first few days of discussion I saw an amount as high as $3,000 tossed around. Now, it has gone down to around $1,000. I think the initial higher numbers were a reflection upon economic reality, tossed out by people who were reflecting upon what it takes them to make it. Then they took a look at the official figures, and the ease with which they could expect people can skirt the poverty line, and revised that down. The initial figures, though, may be crucial for indicating the level of help the government of the US must provide, if it wants the economy to actually bounce back after the crisis.

The question is, can big business alone save the US from this current situation? Self-employed people don't get sick pay. They have as many bills to pay as those who do. Trickle down may work when the self-employed can work within the economic system that develops when a country favors big business. They function as workers for big business, but coming without the employer side costs that official employees come with. Trickle down can't when the system is locked up, however, and the companies for which many self-employed people, perhaps, should be employees treat them as outsiders to their central thesis. The US economy is consumer driven. Without the sector of income that self-employed people participate in, their segment of the economic numbers, in terms of consumer spending, could go missing.
User avatar
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2952
Joined: Tue 06 Dec 2005, 03:00:00
Location: Stopped at the border.

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 06:18:11

$ 1000 buys you 400 lbs of potatoes or here in Panama 2500lbs of rice.

For many Americans $1000 only buys you 4 or 5 months of entertainment for your cell phone coverage, cable TV, Netflix etc.

Typical indebted Americans who have mortgages, utilities, car insurance, health insurance, credit card debt, car payments, etc. $ 1000 is nothing more than 6 or 7 days of their cost of living.

A one time $1000 payment to all Americans as a remedy to this crisis is nothing more than a symbol of how broken the whole economic system is.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 8387
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 11:18:09

I see that those who must see the world according to winners and losers are ready to lose because they must blame the losers rather than allow them the same handout. Without the contribution of the poor to everyday spending, there will be pain. How many TV's does a rich person buy? How much TP can they hoard? The winners in America can't get over how they must judge the losers. They can't allow them the same payment they will get.
User avatar
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2952
Joined: Tue 06 Dec 2005, 03:00:00
Location: Stopped at the border.

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby bochen777 » Fri 20 Mar 2020, 12:27:53

evilgenius wrote:I see that those who must see the world according to winners and losers are ready to lose because they must blame the losers rather than allow them the same handout. Without the contribution of the poor to everyday spending, there will be pain. How many TV's does a rich person buy? How much TP can they hoard? The winners in America can't get over how they must judge the losers. They can't allow them the same payment they will get.




https://youtu.be/rGgjMqXm_rs
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:01:22

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby bochen777 » Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:10:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLXhEh2ia_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqdMdXilrnw


No flights, no views, no youTube ad monies, no UBI checks....
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun 18 Dec 2016, 12:01:22

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 30 Mar 2020, 00:51:42

The airline industry is the biggest cause of this pandemic. It would have been confined to China if not for air travel.

It wasn't called a pandemic until too late because, they didn't want to hurt the travel industry.

Events weren't canceled in time because they didn't want to harm the event and hotel and restaurant businesses.

Now, they're all suffering.
User avatar
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Thu 28 May 2009, 09:10:44

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby mousepad » Mon 30 Mar 2020, 10:45:05

Ibon wrote:$ 1000 buys you 400 lbs of potatoes or here in Panama 2500lbs of rice.


$1000 buys you more than 1 ton (1000kg) of flour here in the US.
It's no news that food is proportionally to income much more expensive in the 3rd world.

A one time $1000 payment to all Americans as a remedy to this crisis is nothing more than a symbol of how broken the whole economic system is.


Although I agree that helicoptering $1k is a bad move, I fail to see the symbol of how broken the whole economic system is. Can you explain?

Price of food across the US is staying roughly the same.
Meanwhile food DOUBLED in many small towns of mexico putting an enormous pressure on already poor people, pushing many into famine territory. And the virus hasn't even got a stranglehold on mexico yet.

Is increasing food prices to starve the poor a better economic system?
mousepad
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu 26 Sep 2019, 08:07:56

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 30 Mar 2020, 12:54:54

mousepad wrote:Although I agree that helicoptering $1k is a bad move, I fail to see the symbol of how broken the whole economic system is. Can you explain?


Our economic system is broken on so many levels. It works because so much 'fabricated' money trickles down.

However, a gig economy will break under current circumstances. It is very disruptive.

This pandemic should not have caused as big a disruption as it had. It points to our economics being over-leveraged.

I don't know much about economics, but I can understand when people cannot pay their rent for something that should have been nipped in the bud at the beginning but for fear that our unstable economy would start collapsing on itself. IMO.
User avatar
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Thu 28 May 2009, 09:10:44

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby mousepad » Mon 30 Mar 2020, 13:44:11

jedrider wrote:Our economic system is broken on so many levels. It works because so much 'fabricated' money trickles down.

I don't understand what you mean. You say it's broken on many levels, yet in the next sentence you say it is working.

However, a gig economy will break under current circumstances. It is very disruptive.
This pandemic should not have caused as big a disruption as it had. It points to our economics being over-leveraged.

Again, what do you mean? If the gov orders bars to close, do you expect bar owners to live off savings for weeks on end?
mousepad
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu 26 Sep 2019, 08:07:56

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 30 Mar 2020, 16:05:30

mousepad wrote:
jedrider wrote:Our economic system is broken on so many levels. It works because so much 'fabricated' money trickles down.

I don't understand what you mean. You say it's broken on many levels, yet in the next sentence you say it is working.

However, a gig economy will break under current circumstances. It is very disruptive.
This pandemic should not have caused as big a disruption as it had. It points to our economics being over-leveraged.

Again, what do you mean? If the gov orders bars to close, do you expect bar owners to live off savings for weeks on end?


INEQUALITY is the answer to both questions.
User avatar
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Thu 28 May 2009, 09:10:44

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby mousepad » Mon 30 Mar 2020, 16:10:55

jedrider wrote:
jedrider wrote:It works because so much 'fabricated' money trickles down.


INEQUALITY is the answer to both questions.


So the economy works because of INEQUALITY?
I'm not sure if that makes any sense.
mousepad
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu 26 Sep 2019, 08:07:56

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 30 Mar 2020, 17:02:30

mousepad wrote:
jedrider wrote:
jedrider wrote:It works because so much 'fabricated' money trickles down.


INEQUALITY is the answer to both questions.


So the economy works because of INEQUALITY?
I'm not sure if that makes any sense.


The economy DOESN'T work! Why would it have been BAILED OUT if it worked?

Oh, it's an engine that you must continually feed 'fabricated' money to, in order for it to work,
but it breaks as soon as some stress is applied. Good luck buying a car that operates like that.
User avatar
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Thu 28 May 2009, 09:10:44

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 31 Mar 2020, 04:17:15

The trillion $ bailout gave the stock market a half hour jolt just enough time for Trumps billionaire mates to try and sell
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
User avatar
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed 30 Mar 2011, 00:43:28

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby dolanbaker » Tue 31 Mar 2020, 17:03:45

Is Trump about to kill the Federal reserve, a private bank?

https://youtu.be/_ZLVxsZTYLc

For some background viewing.

The original Money Masters Video.

https://youtu.be/HBk5XV1ExoQ
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Planned obsolescence, one of the largest contributors to the man made element of climate change, but the one least discussed: dolanbaker
User avatar
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Wed 14 Apr 2010, 09:38:47
Location: Éire

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Thu 02 Apr 2020, 07:08:18

Australias conservative party has gone full reversal on their austerity trickle down dreams ,its full on "socialism" now
Double the dole for the unemployed, wage subsidies to keep the employed employed, free child care and 2 lots of $750 hand outs for everyone on benefits,and no evictions for tenants for 6 months.
Free 4 star hotels for anyone doing a 14 day lock down after coming back from OS
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
User avatar
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed 30 Mar 2011, 00:43:28

Next

Return to Economics & Finance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests