Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Catalyst for economic collapse

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Catalyst for economic collapse

Unread postby mousepad » Tue 05 Jul 2022, 14:16:40

vtsnowedin wrote:I'm fine with immigration as long as we get to decide who gets in. Farm worker in (and paid minimum wage) and drug dealer out. Nurse in , Gang member out. Scientist in felon out.

There's only 2 reasons to justify mass immigration.
1. for rapid economic growth
2. for emotional reason. Maybe you enjoy a new aspect of a different culture. Or maybe you are a humanitarian.

If you're enlightened you shouldn't really be making argument 1 anymore. We don't need more growth.
That leaves argument 2, which is a personal choice, and I respect that. But as much as I respect your choice, I ask that you respect mine. Unfortunately you can't bring up any emotional arguments anymore without being slurred at by the demwits, Pops and Ibon being the prime example.

Anyway. Immigration should in any case be lower than the assimilation capacity of a nation. The more different the cultures are, the slower the rate of immigration should be to allow enough time for assimilation.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby C8 » Tue 05 Jul 2022, 14:43:22

There are about 25 people in the world for every American- if just 5% come here, our population will more than double

More people will be added to the world's population in the next four years than the current US population

Prices for products in the US are non linear to population increase- if US population increases by 5%, prices don't increase 5% but closer to 10%

The borders today are almost wide open. Automation is eliminating jobs while millions of unskilled and uneducated people are flooding the social services system (education, healthcare, benefits), driving up national debt

Once a nation becomes 3rd world there is no going back. Once a currency collapses its every man for himself, today's virtue signalers will be tomorrows angry- the wealthy will be laughing at their "useful idiots" that made it all possible
C8
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 05 Jul 2022, 14:57:20

mousepad wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:I'm fine with immigration as long as we get to decide who gets in. Farm worker in (and paid minimum wage) and drug dealer out. Nurse in , Gang member out. Scientist in felon out.

1. for rapid economic growth
2. for emotional reason. Maybe you enjoy a new aspect of a different culture. Or maybe you are a humanitarian.

If you're enlightened you shouldn't really be making argument 1 anymore. We don't need more growth.
That leaves argument 2, which is a personal choice, and I respect that. But as much as I respect your choice, I ask that you respect mine. Unfortunately you can't bring up any emotional arguments anymore without being slurred at by the demwits, Pops and Ibon being the prime example.

Anyway. Immigration should in any case be lower than the assimilation capacity of a nation. The more different the cultures are, the slower the rate of immigration should be to allow enough time for assimilation.

I was a bit unclear on my position. If we decide who gets to come in that also includes how many get in. No matter how qualified if there is no room for you in the USA you will just have to make wherever you are a better place to be.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Doly » Tue 05 Jul 2022, 14:58:49

There is a possible third reason: Because you can't manage to stop the influx of migrants, because there are so many of them desperate to flee their country.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 05 Jul 2022, 15:10:18

Doly wrote:

There is a possible third reason: Because you can't manage to stop the influx of migrants, because there are so many of them desperate to flee their country.

While it would require harsh measures we certainly could close the border to any we do not want to enter. Think Berlin wall in reverse.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 05 Jul 2022, 16:07:15

Doly wrote:

I imagine a higher liklihood in Europe than in the States. We already like Canadians, and all we would have to seal up is the Mexican border, and leakage would mostly come from there. There probably aren't going to be too many boat people fleeing Africa headed to North America.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 05 Jul 2022, 16:11:00

vtsnowedin wrote:
Doly wrote:

While it would require harsh measures we certainly could close the border to any we do not want to enter. Think Berlin wall in reverse.

And with much better weapons and tactics. Although it might not require that, the MAGA gang are probably well armed, just give them a bounty zone within 10 miles of the Mexican border and make the rules like in the old days when Americans were busy exterminating the indigenous peoples. $10 a scalp or something. It'll turn into a vacation for MAGA folks, they'll truck down guns and beer, set up observation points where they can use optics and send in parties of their friends. It'll be great, and might replace deer and wolf and antelope hunting among western hunters.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 05 Jul 2022, 18:45:32

Going back to the Sir Lanka thing; a bit of a hoot.
https://economynext.com/sri-lanka-worst ... ing-96812/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Doly » Fri 08 Jul 2022, 14:14:16

It'll turn into a vacation for MAGA folks, they'll truck down guns and beer, set up observation points where they can use optics and send in parties of their friends. It'll be great, and might replace deer and wolf and antelope hunting among western hunters.

So you think the only thing that is stopping MAGA folks and other proud gun-owning Americans from hunting people is that the law forbids it, and just some change in the law would turn them into deadly murderers? I wonder. It's clearly forbidden to assassinate politicians and celebrities and they are generally well protected, but given the level of political polarization and the level of gun-owning, the number of assassinations is either surprisingly low or definitely under-reported. I'd love to know which it is. And anyone living in the USA that worries about things getting worse with an economic collapse should be even more curious about the answer.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 08 Jul 2022, 16:03:29

Newfie wrote:Going back to the Sir Lanka thing; a bit of a hoot.
https://economynext.com/sri-lanka-worst ... ing-96812/

Coming to us in the USA as fast as the Biden administration can arrange it
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 08 Jul 2022, 16:07:52

Doly wrote:
It'll turn into a vacation for MAGA folks, they'll truck down guns and beer, set up observation points where they can use optics and send in parties of their friends. It'll be great, and might replace deer and wolf and antelope hunting among western hunters.

So you think the only thing that is stopping MAGA folks and other proud gun-owning Americans from hunting people is that the law forbids it, and just some change in the law would turn them into deadly murderers? I wonder. It's clearly forbidden to assassinate politicians and celebrities and they are generally well protected, but given the level of political polarization and the level of gun-owning, the number of assassinations is either surprisingly low or definitely under-reported. I'd love to know which it is. And anyone living in the USA that worries about things getting worse with an economic collapse should be even more curious about the answer.

I would note that the far right Maga people are primarily devote Christians and follow the ten commandments including Thou shall not kill.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 08 Jul 2022, 16:51:21

Doly wrote:

So you think the only thing that is stopping MAGA folks and other proud gun-owning Americans from hunting people is that the law forbids it, and just some change in the law would turn them into deadly murderers?

Call it an entertaining scenario for the MAGA chuckleheads...and in this forum....their very quiet supporters

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby gollum » Fri 08 Jul 2022, 18:46:26

I'd be more than willing to bet that if law and order were to break down widespread murder of leftists by the right would be quite common. All that stops it now is the fear of being caught.
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby C8 » Fri 08 Jul 2022, 23:05:10

gollum wrote:I'd be more than willing to bet that if law and order were to break down widespread murder of leftists by the right would be quite common. All that stops it now is the fear of being caught.

That is unlikely, currently, about 75% of all murder is committed by Democrats based on demographics

Blacks are @ 13% of US pop but account for 52% of all murders- 90% vote Democrat
Hispanics are @ 18% of US pop but account for 28% of all murders- 70% vote Democrat
Whites are @ 60% of US pop but account for 20% of all murders- 45% vote Democrat
C8
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 00:39:26

C8 wrote:
gollum wrote:I'd be more than willing to bet that if law and order were to break down widespread murder of leftists by the right would be quite common. All that stops it now is the fear of being caught.

That is unlikely, currently, about 75% of all murder is committed by Democrats based on demographics

Sure, but only because the places with cool names designating their lawless status (like ChiRaq) are supposedly disarmed, with laws and whatnot depriving criminals of the ability to get firearms. Oops....

There are others here who go to gun ranges on occasion, yes? I was out last weekend, had new sights on one handgun, and the other was new and I was just putting some rounds through it to break it in, see how it fired, and you talk to folks while there, folks in the other firing pits or sometimes you share one. And you know what? You meet the politest people there. :) Enough firepower between the 8 of us to take down the nearest town should we want to. Except of course, it being a Western state not yet completely infested by Kalifornification transplants, they would also have sufficient means to defend themselves. Just as God and Sam Colt intended.

C8 wrote:Blacks are @ 13% of US pop but account for 52% of all murders- 90% vote Democrat
Hispanics are @ 18% of US pop but account for 28% of all murders- 70% vote Democrat
Whites are @ 60% of US pop but account for 20% of all murders- 45% vote Democrat

Demographics republographics who cares. Folks in countries without nary a gun murder for months at a time build them by hand, and then knock off ex leaders of the country. Some people are just born bad, or raised wrong, or fall for idiot ideologies, and then fall for online nonsense like peak oil..or do bad things. And then vote Democan to make sure other locals, destined to be their victims, will be mostly disarmed when they decide that it is their time to go off the reservation.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby gollum » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 08:45:43

Yes for street and petty crimes blacks are far overrepresented but for the big stuff? Historically white Europeans are the worlds most effective and eager killers. There's a reason why we conquered the entire known world.
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 08:56:35

gollum wrote:Yes for street and petty crimes blacks are far overrepresented but for the big stuff? Historically white Europeans are the worlds most effective and eager killers. There's a reason why we conquered the entire known world.

Ain't that the truth.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 09:47:56

gollum wrote: Historically white Europeans are the worlds most effective and eager killers. There's a reason why we conquered the entire known world.

What I'm wondering is how many are alive today because of european technology and medicine.
Pretty much the whole overpopulated earth is the fault of this mostly european technology.
If only he europeans did a bit more killing, and a bit less saving we wouldn't have such an overpopulated planet.

The aztecs did it right, they killed their own. Stupid europeans came along and stopped the killing.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby JuanP » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 10:47:42

C8 wrote:

Blacks are @ 13% of US pop but account for 52% of all murders- 90% vote Democrat

The truth hurts sometimes! :lol:
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby gollum » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 14:39:27

mousepad wrote:
gollum wrote: Historically white Europeans are the worlds most effective and eager killers. There's a reason why we conquered the entire known world.

What I'm wondering is how many are alive today because of european technology and medicine.
Pretty much the whole overpopulated earth is the fault of this mostly european technology.
If only he europeans did a bit more killing, and a bit less saving we wouldn't have such an overpopulated planet.

The aztecs did it right, they killed their own. Stupid europeans came along and stopped the killing.

I certainly don't disagree but I do think when push comes to shove they'll be more than willing to let the brown masses die of by their own hands at best or do the job for them at worst. Nature mandates the fittest survive.
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance