Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Carrier Air Conditioners moving operations to Mexico

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Carrier Air Conditioners moving operations to Mexico

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:43:51

Plantagenet wrote:Trump is concerned about the human cost to the American workers who lose their jobs when US corporations move overseas.

He's never liked it, for thirty or forty years now, he's always been consistent about jobs in US and building the US up.

Obama's failure to lift a finger to block the move or even say he opposes the Carrier plant moving to Mexico just makes it obvious that Obama doesn't give a darn about the workers losing their jobs there.

Obama, Clinton, Bush and Rubio and Cruz all have the same message.. that "the old jobs are never coming back." That's been the establishment line for thirty years now and people just keep getting poorer.

Bottom line about it -- it probably wouldn't hurt if there were less offshoring and companies leaving, and a new focus of keeping companies here / bringing them back / growing business here.

Sounds like a better plan to me than Clinton's. Clinton's not even trustworthy on social security, Trump's better on that issue than she is.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:53:24

Indianapolis TV (where the carrier thing is) reports that Trump promises this would not happen "under my watch:"

Trump vows Carrier situation ‘will not happen under my watch’

In a tweet, he said “I am the only one who can fix this. Very sad. Will not happen under my watch! #MakeAmericaGreatAgain”
http://wishtv.com/2016/02/13/trump-vows-carrier-situation-will-not-happen-under-my-watch/
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ralfy » Sun 14 Feb 2016, 23:33:42

A friend brought a split-type (1.5 hp) made in Asia for her home there in 2010, and it uses R-410A. I think the current retail price of similar units in the region is around $800-$900.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to North America Discussion