Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Canadian General Election

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Canadian Election PM Hopeful Dion Melts Down In Intervie

Unread postby deMolay » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 05:54:21

I don't think they should let this man cross the road himself, let alone allow him to run a country. Imagine the 3 am call. The best part tho was the lying and cover ups demanded by the Liberal Party. And when the CTV news refused the Liberals went ballistic.
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shakespear1 » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 06:04:56

To me his question was fair. When exactly is the point that I am the PM?

One day ago, today, 1 year. YOU, interviewer, give me a clear start date. Why? Because the date will constrain what course of action I can propose to you. Seems reasonable to me. :-)
Men argue, nature acts !
Voltaire

"...In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

Alan Greenspan
shakespear1
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Nickel » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 08:03:38

shakespear1 wrote:To me his question was fair. When exactly is the point that I am the PM?

One day ago, today, 1 year. YOU, interviewer, give me a clear start date. Why? Because the date will constrain what course of action I can propose to you. Seems reasonable to me. :-)

Yeah, but Moley doesn't want a fair question asked of anyone but his favourite Mulroneyite successor, see.
Nickel
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby deMolay » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 08:46:56

Why wasn't it a fair question? He was asked the same question 4 times and even with prompting from an aide could not answer the most basic question. The question was on the economy the main theme of late in the final days of the election. The man is a bumbling Liberal Idiot. The Emperor has no clothes. He is naked and we see an idiot who probably needs help going to the bathroom and tying his own shoes. Sorry Cheesey he is not fit to be a leader.
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Nickel » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 13:58:19

deMolay wrote:The question was on the economy the main theme of late in the final days of the election.

Not that your buddy Harper clued into THAT fact till about last Wednesday, yeah. And you think THAT'S leadership, do you?

Nickel
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby deMolay » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 15:45:40

Here is the full text of the interview. You tell me if Ratboy, who was enviroment Minister for 2 years and claims he is for the enviroment, yet in 2 years he did nothing about Kyoto. In another interview about the enviroment, which he is supposed to be the champion of, after all he wants to bring in a Carbon Tax. He was asked by a fellow Enviromentalist about CARPOOLING. He didn't know what CARPOOLING was, he had to have someone explain CARPOOLING. I cannot see how any sane citizen of Canada would want the Village Idiot to represent Canada a G7 country, on the world stage. I can see him dealing with a Vladmir Putin. It would be very painfull to watch. Anyway CHEEZY here is your man's interview complete text.......................... Full Text of Dion-Murphy Interview

October 10th, 2008 by Paul Holmes

Steve Murphy: Thank you. M. Dion, thank you, good of you to come again.

Stephane Dion: Thank you Steve.

Steve Murphy: M. Dion, the economy is now the issue in the campaign, and on that issue you’ve said that today that Mr. Harper has offered nothing to put Canadians minds at ease, and offers no vision for the country. We have to act now you say; doing nothing is not an option. If you were Prime Minister now, what would you have done about the economy and this crisis that Mr. Harper has not done?

Stephane Dion: If I would have been the Prime Minister two and a half years ago?

Steve Murphy: If you were the Prime Minister right now.

Stephane Dion: Right now.

Steve Murphy: And had been for the past two years.

Stephane Dion: OK, now, if I am elected next Tuesday, this Tuesday, is what you are suggesting?

Steve Murphy: No I’m saying if you hypothetically were Prime Minister today?

Stephane Dion: Today!

Steve Murphy: What would you have done that Mr. Harper has not done?

Stephane Dion: I would start the 30-50 plan that we want to start the moment that we have a Liberal government. And the 30-50 plan, uh, the 30 … in fact, the plan for the first 30 days, I should say. The plan for the first 30 days, once you have a Liberal government. Can you start again?

Steve Murphy: Do you want to?

Technician: Sure

Stephane Dion: Ya.

Technician: Ya.

Steve Murphy: Ya, I’m OK to start again. Because I…

Stephane Dion: Ya. Because I think I’ve been slow to understand your question.

Steve Murphy: I don’t…

[Break]

Technician: OK, I’m recording.

Steve Murphy: M. Dion, good of you to come again.

Steve Murphy: M. Dion, you’ve said today that Mr. Harper has offered nothing to put Canadians minds at ease during this financial crisis, and you go on to say that he has no vision for the country. You say we have to act now; doing nothing is not an option. So I’d like to begin by asking you: If you were Prime Minister now, what would you have already done in this crisis that Mr. Harper hasn’t done?

Stephane Dion: I can’t, I don’t understand the question. Because are you asking me to explain sir, at which moment, today, or since a week, or 60 weeks or s…

Steve Murphy: No, if you were the Prime Minister during this time already.

Stephane Dion: We need to start again. I’m sorry, I, if I was the Prime Minister starting when? Today? If I was the Prime Minister today?

Dion Aid: If you were the Prime Minister when, since Harper’s been Prime Minister.

Stephane Dion: Ya, two years and a half, ago.

Dion Aid: At any give time.

Stephane Dion (speaking over aid): Two years and a half, ago.

Dion Aid: What would you have done differently between, between the time that Harper’s been there, to change the country.

Stephane Dion: Ya, but if I had been Prime Minister two years and a half ago, we’d have had an agenda. Let’s start again.

Steve Murphy: OK.

Stephane Dion: We’ll go there.

Technician: I’m rolling. Still recording.

Steve Murphy: M. Dion, thank you for coming.

Stephane Dion: Thank you Steve. Let’s start again, I’m …

[Laughter]

Steve Murphy: It’s a good job that tape is cheap.

Stephane Dion: But give me, give me a first date where I am Prime Minister that I can figure out, but, what your question is about.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Nickel » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 18:59:30

deMolay wrote:Steve Murphy: What would you have done that Mr. Harper has not done?

We'll never know what Dion might or might not have done; he wasn't PM. Harper, on the other hand, was, and his plan was:

[smilie=5dunce.gif] [smilie=5propeller.gif] [smilie=5baby.gif] [smilie=bduh.gif]
Nickel
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby threadbear » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 19:39:07

deMolay wrote:I don't think they should let this man cross the road himself, let alone allow him to run a country. Imagine the 3 am call. The best part tho was the lying and cover ups demanded by the Liberal Party. And when the CTV news refused the Liberals went ballistic.

What 3:00Am call would that be?

"Hello Mr. Dion. It's an emergency. The reichstag was burning, in Germany. If you were prime minister 67 years ago, how would you have responded, today?"

I had trouble trying to understand the goofy interviewer myself and English is my native tongue.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby deMolay » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 21:52:16

To put this in context. Dion has been saying for weeks that Harper had done nothing on the economy for 2.5 years. This was supposed to be a soft pitch for him. For weeks Dion has been saying he would convene in a cave somewhere with Canada's leading economists, and come out with a plan in 30 days. Once again here is the question asked the first time. (Steve Murphy: Thank you. M. Dion, thank you, good of you to come again.

Steve Murphy: M. Dion, the economy is now the issue in the campaign, and on that issue you’ve said that today that Mr. Harper has offered nothing to put Canadians minds at ease, and offers no vision for the country. We have to act now you say; doing nothing is not an option. If you were Prime Minister now, what would you have done about the economy and this crisis that Mr. Harper has not done?

Stephane Dion: If I would have been the Prime Minister two and a half years ago?

Steve Murphy: If you were the Prime Minister right now.

Stephane Dion: Right now.

Steve Murphy: And had been for the past two years.

Stephane Dion: OK, now, if I am elected next Tuesday, this Tuesday, is what you are suggesting?

Steve Murphy: No I’m saying if you hypothetically were Prime Minister today?

Stephane Dion: Today!

Steve Murphy: What would you have done that Mr. Harper has not done?

Stephane Dion: I would start the 30-50 plan that we want to start the moment that we have a Liberal government. And the 30-50 plan, uh, the 30 … in fact, the plan for the first 30 days, I should say. The plan for the first 30 days, once you have a Liberal government. Can you start again?

Steve Murphy: Do you want to?)

Pretty straight forward. He is the Village Idiot.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Maddog78 » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 13:30:09

This guy is an idiot.
If Eastern Canada puts him in they'll deserve everything they get.
Unfortunately he will bring down the west, too.
I see another up tick in the idea of Alberta seperation if this clown institutes his Green Shaft.

I'm not in love with Harper but I see him as the lesser of the evils right now.

EDIT: I just watched his interview with Peter Mansbridge.
If this guy gets in BC, Alberta and Sask. are doomed and that will hurt the East too whether they realise it or not.
Maddog78
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Canadian General Election

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 14 Oct 2008, 22:10:16

Any of our Canadian members want to chime in on what the election result may or may not foretell for the future of Canada in 2009?
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Canadian General Election

Unread postby Blacksmith » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 00:30:57

TO and Newfoundland Labrador will pay.
Employed senior
Blacksmith
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 00:44:01

Blacksmith wrote:TO and Newfoundland Labrador will pay.

This.

Oh, and I'm giving 5:3 odds on Dion being removed within a year.
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby hardtootell » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 01:04:52

I voted Green, again. Not because they have a prayer of forming the gubermt but because they have the best chance to understand the overwhelming silent issue of our time.

Bigger than Peak oil, bigger than financial crisis, bigger than coke vs pepsi... :P

Overpopulation :!:
hardtootell
Peat
Peat

Unread postby threadbear » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 01:05:51

Dion is history and the election was a national IQ test. Noone with average or above average intelligence, with a few exceptions, would vote for Harper, even if they generally vote conservative. I lay a lot of this on Canwest.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby threadbear » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 01:07:18

hardtootell wrote:I voted Green, again. Not because they have a prayer of forming the gubermt but because they have the best chance to understand the overwhelming silent issue of our time.

Bigger than Peak oil, bigger than financial crisis, bigger than coke vs pepsi... :P

Overpopulation :!:

Thanks. You divided the left and handed the election to the conservatives. I swear, the neocons probably fund the Greens. The liberals are green enough.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Maddog78 » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 02:16:38

Thank F@#k, no stupid goddamn Green Shaft!
Dion won't last 3 months.
Maddog78
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Nickel » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 08:18:37

threadbear wrote:Dion is history

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I was happy when he got in -- God, especially with "bomb Mars now" Ignatieff in the running -- but he never really seemed to show up for the job. It was like having a cocoon that never opened.

I have a feeling that he's a good policy person, and should be running something important, but probably is never really going to be a good front-man for a government. :(

threadbear wrote:I lay a lot of this on Canwest.

Oh, what else is new. I used to know a guy from Alberta who would constantly refer to Ontario as a "one-party state" because its voters tended to support Liberal federal governments. But if you want to see an honest-to-God one-party state in Canada in action, go look at Alberta's federal voting record, or, even more tellingly, its pattern in electing provincial governments since it confederated: Liberal for 16 years, THEN United Farmers for 14 years, THEN Social Credit for 36 years, THEN Conservative for the past 37 years. Election after election after election, they'll confirm the same party over and over, until they make a final break with it. These aren't so much elections as occasional revolutions. But then they talk about Central Canada as intransigent.
Nickel
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Blacksmith » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 08:46:16

Sour grapes "sh--head".

Independance.
Employed senior
Blacksmith
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Nickel » Wed 15 Oct 2008, 10:27:20

Blacksmith wrote:Independance.

What kind of fiddle music do you do that to? Or did you mean "independence"?

And sure, just as soon as all the oil's gone, you can be independent. But somehow I get the feeling that's when you'll all be heading back east for jobs and talking about how great it is to be Canadian and how the rest of us owe you for all the wealth you gave us with such glowing hearts and open arms all those years.

Central Canada built the railroads that made getting to the west en masse possible. We paid for them. We paid to bring the immigrants over from Britain, Germany, and Ukraine to populate the Prairies, and to sustain the agricultural industry there and get it started. That wasn't cheap, it wasn't free, and it was all done DECADES before the first drop of oil was ever found there. But now that you have to contribute, yeah, YOU wanna separate. Well, you're welcome, Tex.

That oil isn't going to last forever. When it's gone, it's gone. And if you don't want to share, fine, when you're gone, you're gone. You might be North America's answer to Saudi Arabia now, but 50 years from now, you're going to be Syria. You want to be on the outside looking in then? Be my guest. We'll remember. Maybe you can all crawl down those empty holes to keep warm.
Nickel
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion