Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Blame Obama!

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Blame Obama!

Unread postby Lore » Sat 30 Apr 2016, 18:44:58

Plantagenet wrote:Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders all say the last eight years have been a disaster for US workers.

I believe Plant that their blame was not of Obama, but on corporate interests in shipping US jobs overseas. Isn't that the free enterprise system though? I'm not sure how that trend along with automation is going to end anytime soon until the global collapse. No matter which President is in office.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 30 Apr 2016, 18:53:24

Again, everything is relative. The situation is still better today than it was in 2008.

http://therealdeal.com/2016/04/26/so-lo ... er-market/

“We are finally getting back to a very clean slate,” Ben Graboske, a chief technology officer at Black Knight Financial Services, told Bloomberg.

According to doomers, it was not going to be possible to ever get back to a clean slate. It was financial Armageddon, period. Kiss your ass goodbye and BUY GOLD, Guns, and Booze!

The interventions worked. The can was kicked and the center has (so far) held.

When faced with situations like this, people have a tendency to shift the goalposts because there's always going to be room for improvement, but it doesn't take away the fact that things improved a great deal from when Obama took office.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 30 Apr 2016, 19:20:02

Lore wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders all say the last eight years have been a disaster for US workers.

I believe Plant that their blame was not of Obama, but on corporate interests in shipping US jobs overseas.

Gosh...you really don't know much about the real world, do you? The reason that US corporations are closing their US factories and shipping the US jobs overseas is because multiple free trade treaties guarantee that there will be no tariffs on imports from various third world countries. The US businesses can move their factories overseas, pay lower wages, avoid US environmental laws, and still ship to the US with no tariffs.

Obama is a big advocate of the free trade treaties that allow US corporations to go overseas. Don't you even know that?

Don't you know about Obama's Trans-Pacific Partnership treaty? Its the biggest free trade treaty yet. Obama has negotiated it in secret and now he wants Congress to "fast-track" it before people even know what is in it?

How come you don't know this stuff anyway?

Obama wants the TPP "free trade" treaty fast-tracked. Bernie is fighting it. Hillary is flip-flopping on it.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 30 Apr 2016, 19:30:26

The TPP got its start under G W Bush. Whether you like it or not, it's bipartisan.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 30 Apr 2016, 19:45:27

ennui2 wrote:The TPP got its start under G W Bush. Whether you like it or not, it's bipartisan.

Yes, of course support for the TPP is bipartisan. But that doesn't make it a good idea. I guess you didn't notice that opposition to the TPP is also bipartisan. :lol:

The preliminary negotiations to create a TPP started during the GWB administration in 2008---, i.e. 8 years ago. But its silly to try to blame the TPP treaty on George Bush when the treaty didn't even exist then. It was the Obama administration that negotiated the actual treaty.

Why not face facts? ... the Obama administration has been in charge of the TPP negotiations for the last 7 years, and the Obama administration wrote the draft treaty and the Obama administration set up the final version of the treaty with features that the Obama administration wanted in it, and then the Obama administration signed the TPP in 2016 and it is the Obama administration who is pushing for fast track ratification in Congress for the TPP treaty they negotiated and have already signed.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Lore » Sun 01 May 2016, 08:49:28

Plantagenet wrote:
Lore wrote:

I believe Plant that their blame was not of Obama, but on corporate interests in shipping US jobs overseas.

Gosh...you really don't know much about the real world, do you? The reason that US corporations are closing their US factories and shipping the US jobs overseas is because multiple free trade treaties guarantee that there will be no tariffs on imports from various third world countries. The US businesses can move their factories overseas, pay lower wages, avoid US environmental laws, and still ship to the US with no tariffs.

Obama is a big advocate of the free trade treaties that allow US corporations to go overseas. Don't you even know that?

Don't you know about Obama's Trans-Pacific Partnership treaty? Its the biggest free trade treaty yet. Obama has negotiated it in secret and now he wants Congress to "fast-track" it before people even know what is in it?

How come you don't know this stuff anyway?

So is everyone else in Congress. You're protestations ring rather hollow. And of course, the general U.S. buying public just love all those cheap prices we get from foreign made goods. While you're at it, you may want to look in a mirror and point your finger at yourself too.

How come you don't know that? :roll:
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ennui2 » Sun 01 May 2016, 14:38:28

Lore wrote:...you may want to look in a mirror and point your finger at yourself too.

That's the last thing Planty will do. Planty, the supposed convert to AGW who brags about his home-state of Alaska's rainy-day-fund of oil wealth. Such a model of moral purity, that Planty. "Do as I say, not as I do."
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 01 May 2016, 18:16:26

ennui2 wrote: Such a model of moral purity, that Plant...

Gosh.....now you're flattering me. Let me assure I am not a model of moral purity---far from it.

I did go through the "golden door" at the St. Peter's Basilica when I was in Rome over Christmas, so my sins up to that moment were all forgiven, but that sin-free status lasted at most only a couple of days.

Things are back to normal now--- I probably could even match you for sinfulness, impiety, and moral turpitude.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Lore » Sun 01 May 2016, 18:52:43

Plantagenet wrote:
ennui2 wrote: Such a model of moral purity, that Plant...

Gosh.....now you're flattering me. Let me assure I am not a model of moral purity---far from it.

I did go through the "golden door" at the St. Peter's Basilica when I was in Rome over Christmas, so my sins up to that moment were all forgiven, but that sin-free status lasted at most only a couple of days.

Things are back to normal now--- I probably could even match you for sinfulness, impiety, and moral turpitude.

Cheers!

Yes I have been there several times and it hasn't cured me.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ennui2 » Sun 01 May 2016, 19:51:13

ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 01 May 2016, 20:55:00

ennui2 wrote:Image

If only you'd take your own advice! :lol:

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 02 May 2016, 12:43:11

It appears that the new free trade treaty that Obama is negotiating with the EU will effectively kill the Paris Climate Accords

ttip-leaked-documents-show-obama-demands-killing-paris-accord-against-climate-change

Oh well. Who cares about global warming as long as the multi-national corporations make more bucks!

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Mon 02 May 2016, 20:38:50

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby ennui2 » Mon 02 May 2016, 21:11:06

Plantagenet wrote:Who cares about global warming

You certainly don't, because you said you were enjoying what it's doing to make things warm in Alaska, not to mention endorsing Sarah "Drill, Baby, Drill" Palin.

Cheers! :razz:
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 02 May 2016, 21:34:29

@ennui

Most of your posts are dumb, but this one is dumb as well as being a big fat lie.

I'm afraid Your nutty obsession with Sarah Palin has driven you bonkers.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Lore » Mon 02 May 2016, 21:37:09

Plantagenet wrote:@ennui

Most of your posts are dumb, but this one is dumb as well as being a big fat lie.

I'm afraid Your nutty obsession with Sarah Palin has driven you bonkers.

Cheers!

No more than yours with Obama! :lol:
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ennui2 » Mon 02 May 2016, 22:26:31

All Planty need do to get me to lay off of him on Palin is to say he regrets supporting her in 2008. He won't do it, so in effect he still supports her, including her anti-environmental (and anti-intellectual) agenda. Therefore Exhibit A that Planty is a raging enviro-hypocrite.
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 17 Jul 2016, 17:50:27

The head of the Cleveland Police Assoc. says that "Obama has blood on his hands" for the growing number of police shootings

cleveland_police_association_president_obama_has_blood_on_his_hands

Obama has spent two years nurturing the discord between the police and the black community. When Trayvon was shot Obama pretended Trayvon looked like his imaginary son, and when Michael Brown was shot while assaulting a police officer and attempting to seize his service revolver to murder the officer, Obama sided with Michael Brown and sent the FBI to investigate.....the police!!! That sent a message to the the black community that the police were always at fault, even in cases like Michael Browns where a violent criminal was attacking the officer!!! Obama has never been even handed ---he supports the Black Lives Matter movement and has had meetings with their leaders on several occasions and then pretended to moderate a town hall meeting while actually siding with BLM. Obama has been consistently unfair to the police, ever since he denounced them as "stupid" for checking on his black friend in Cambridge. I'm sure Obama thought this issue was a good way to gin up racial tensions and then organize the black community, but its really gone too far now with the spate of police shootings.

I hope Obama rethinks his positions and now tries to calm the anti-police sentiment in the black community he has helped to create.

Forget what I told you earlier....listen to me now---the policeman is your friend! YES---He's your friend!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 29 Jul 2016, 15:36:19

At least the POTUS has the continued appreciation of the hydrocarbon producers. Just need to mail the "greenest POTUS of all time" a thank you card for this one last measure of his support:

US To Speed Up Permitting For Drilling On Federal And Indian Lands. “In an attempt to streamline drilling approvals and reduce costs for companies, U.S. Bureau of Land Management Director Neil Kornze said all drilling applications would have to be filed online under the new proposal.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Fri 29 Jul 2016, 17:00:54

Obama also deserves Gun Salesman of the Decade awards.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion