Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bitcoin & crypto? Pt. 2

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Bitcoin & crypto? Pt. 2

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 16 Jun 2022, 20:17:52

I think a lot of what you know for sure just ain't so. Even the Fed injecting new money into the economy has to be paid back eventually.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 17 Jun 2022, 01:13:28

Even the Fed injecting new money into the economy has to be paid back eventually.

Forget the FED, that's just a sideshow, the main event is the Federal, state, municipal debt along with all the private household and corporate debt. 93 Trillion to date https://usdebtclock.org/
The interest payments on that is 3 Trillion a year lol lol

How can this all be paid back? Every year more debt is added, it's been that way for umpteen decades. Even beginning to pay it off would cripple the economy and you'd have a USSR style collapse. That's why they always raise the debt ceiling, why they create new CC loans and house loans and create money and give it shale oil companies and Tesla. It's so the system can keep afloat as good chunk of that newly created money is used to pay the interest on the old debt. Money=Debt 3 Trillion a year remember.

The simple fact is, the system we live under is designed to grow and then implode and the debt is then written off in bankruptcy. Like the matrix, this will be the 5th or 6th time the western world has ended in economic collapse and depression since modern capitalist banking began back in Spain in the 1600's.

Each time the system collapses it is redesigned to look a little different, it's made more efficient, at least for those at the top who create the credit.

The last time the system collapsed was the Great depression and it swept the western world. Before that was the "Long Depression" or the Great Depression of 1873–1896. Before that was "The Panic of 1837", a financial crisis in the United States that touched off a major depression, which lasted until the mid-1840s. Profits, prices, and wages went down, westward expansion was stalled, unemployment went up, and pessimism abounded.

I believe it all began in the 16th century, Marrano Jews introduced the techniques of European capitalism, banking and even the mercantilist concept of state economy to the Ottoman Empire.

The sheep, the average Joe's are basically ignorant of this history. That's why they are happy (albeit nervously) to have their life savings in shitcoins and the US stock market, invested in a bunch of corporations that are in reality worth only a fraction of their book value. If it wasn't for the constant weekly and monthly inflow of wages into private pension funds US stocks could never have risen to these absurd levels. It's all a shell game, a Ponzi scheme, and like in all those previous depressions millions will suddenly lose their life savings and their homes and be left jobless and destitute.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 17 Jun 2022, 04:53:37

And your solution to all that doom and gloom is to invest in Bitcoin? :o
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Fri 17 Jun 2022, 06:04:47

vtsnowedin wrote:And your solution to all that doom and gloom is to invest in Bitcoin? :o

Mine is! Well, in addition to paying off debt, growing lots of food, foraging, having waterfront property, owning guns ammo and the ability to use them, being ingrained into the grey markets, and adopting permaculture.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 17 Jun 2022, 08:24:04

careinke wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:And your solution to all that doom and gloom is to invest in Bitcoin? :o

Mine is! Well, in addition to paying off debt, growing lots of food, foraging, having waterfront property, owning guns ammo and the ability to use them, being ingrained into the grey markets, and adopting permaculture.

Peace

Waterfront property? Nah!! over priced and over taxed.
Hill top forested land on private road. check, guns ammo and reloading supplies and tools , check , Been using them for 55 years, check, gardens in and doing well, check, weeding up to date, no check, zero debt, check, knowing permaculture is a scam, check, have no use or need for the grey market. check,
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby PeakOilFanatic » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 03:37:15

Bitcoin has just CRASHED through 20000. Wave goodbye to careinke.

Michael Saylor is TOAST. Massive margin calls will take Bitcoin immediately to 10000.

That should pretty much shitcan the grifters on ytoob as well. Channels will see their subs dropping like a rock. Erase Gold, silver, crypto, stocks, etc pumpers on ytoob and that whole platform dies. What are they all going to do? Talk about TLT every video and buy another can of beans?

In fact, all those ytoob prepper channels will probably get wiped out too. A big inventory build and price CRASH in canned goods is likely to happen before the trucks stop running completely. All the dipshits who loaded up on food cans and buckets of salt following the ytoob prepper "geniuses" will be kicking themselves when it costs 1/10th the price in the deflationary crash phase happening now.

Instead of lemonade stands you will see canned good stands from moreons selling at hugely discounted prices from sheer embarrassment.
PeakOilFanatic
Permanently Banned

Unread postby PeakOilFanatic » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 04:37:27

Look at all the Crypto Cons suspending withdrawals.

LoL.

Crypto in a nutshell: They take your money and then you get to pretend its still yours
PeakOilFanatic
Permanently Banned

Unread postby careinke » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 06:34:02

My $20,000 limit buy filled. I moved my 18,000 limit buy down to 17,150 just because it met some Fibonacci numbers. I'll probably add another limit buy somewhere around 14,500.

I've also moved most of my crypto off of exchanges and into hardware wallets. (Not your keys, not your crypto)

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 08:09:53

PeakOilFanatic wrote:Look at all the Crypto Cons suspending withdrawals.

LoL.

Crypto in a nutshell: They take your money and then you get to pretend its still yours

Lol, right you are. Over on r/bitcoin there are a few posts about "GET YOUR COINS OUT NOW" Odd thing is you could keep these things at home on a fancy flashdrive but everyone left them on exchanges. I think they were offed some incentive to do that?

Anyway they are starting to question some of the historical 'Truths' about crypto, like how it's supposed to get stronger in bad economic times? Because it's sound money, unlike that evil Fiat currency that's leading us all to destruction. Odd thing is the Evil $US Fiat is actually going up and up as people risk-off and go to cash. The bewildered hodlers didn't notice that one, nor that the gold funds are going up while their precious coins are going down.

I explained that the marketing types linked BC's sales image to a Gold coin because it gives it credibility. Implying that it's 'Digital Gold' and then expand that to 'It's much better than Gold' All the lies are coming home to roost this week lol.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 09:52:02

careinke wrote:My $20,000 limit buy filled. I moved my 18,000 limit buy down to 17,150 just because it met some Fibonacci numbers. I'll probably add another limit buy somewhere around 14,500.

I've also moved most of my crypto off of exchanges and into hardware wallets. (Not your keys, not your crypto)

Peace

Sounds like buying a ship that just hit an iceberg.
Good luck with that.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 12:36:08

vtsnowedin wrote:
careinke wrote:My $20,000 limit buy filled. I moved my 18,000 limit buy down to 17,150 just because it met some Fibonacci numbers. I'll probably add another limit buy somewhere around 14,500.

Peace

Sounds like buying a ship that just hit an iceberg.
Good luck with that.

We will see, I'll let you know in 2024.

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby PeakOilFanatic » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 13:13:40

Bitcoin now below 19000: Triggers margin calls. Superbull Saylor: "Buying opportunity"

Next week...

Bitcoin now below 18000: Triggers margin calls. Superbull Saylor: "Buying opportunity"

Week after....

Bitcoin now below 17000: Triggers margin calls. Superbull Saylor: "Buying opportunity"

All the way to 100.

The fact the Digital Tulips Bitcoin and Ethereum were being sold at the local Pizza joint was a dead giveaway they were going to 0. Michael Saylor is the next John Macafee. Mysteriously "died" in a plane crash or something....
PeakOilFanatic
Permanently Banned

Unread postby PeakOilFanatic » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 14:11:57

Holy Shit, Bit Tulips now at 18500.

careinke could be wiped out in less than a week.

careinke: "Got buy orders for 18000, 14000, 10000, 8000, 5000,..."

average cost = 8000
current price = 1000.

"I'm stepping off the stool and I'm swinging in the most peculiar way. And the charts look very different today. For here, I am swinging from my ceiling, far above the coins. Lost it all on link, ... "
PeakOilFanatic
Permanently Banned

Unread postby PeakOilFanatic » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 16:16:13

Holy Shit, Bit Tulips now printing 17,658.

Should be 10K by Tuesday. Desperate CRAZED GAMBLERS will go ALL IN at 10K.
PeakOilFanatic
Permanently Banned

Unread postby PeakOilFanatic » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 17:08:43

Fathers day will be terrific in America followed by lock down limit Black Monday.

"Honey, I have a confession. I bought a lot of BTC at 30K. Now it is 17K. Oh and we own a lot of stocks that are down 50%"

Honey: "You're are going to sell all that shit first thing Monday morning and then I'm going to see a lawyer"
PeakOilFanatic
Permanently Banned

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 17:11:21

Oh for the days when markets closed over the weekend lol. The virtual coin is well under the 2017 run-up bubble peak now, that's a terrrrible indicator in itself, but what's worse is that it's now in a waterfall decline. We see below that the chart has the big double top to confirm it. Double tops are hard to identify until you come down the other side but it's clear now. Poor bastards, it's game over for at least 15 years, and by then bitcoin will be as relevant as pets.com

Waterfall declines are rare events but they are well documented. Gold had one in 1980 and that was it for the metal for 20 years. Oil had one too back then and technology stocks in 2000.

What Is a Double Top?
A double top is an extremely bearish technical reversal pattern that forms after an asset reaches a high price two consecutive times with a moderate decline between the two highs. It is confirmed once the asset's price falls below a support level equal to the low between the two prior highs.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/doubletop.asp
Last edited by theluckycountry on Sat 18 Jun 2022, 17:22:48, edited 1 time in total.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby randomguyonabike » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 17:22:46

Wow....careinke is about to eat his own ass!!! haha

These old boomers on here are absolutely clueless.

Let me help you clowns out:

THE SKY IS FALLING
randomguyonabike
Peat
Peat

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 17:32:58

Many here suffer from the psychology of previous investment and it blinds them to the possibility their much loved assets could go down the toilet. One should never fall in Love with an asset.

More broadly, many can't imagine an end of the American Empire, much less a collapse into something akin to a Dark-Age once we have effectively used up the fossil fuels that got us to this lofty point in history. The latter is a distinct possibility because they are so common in history, the former, a foregone conclusion. We have interesting days ahead. I might buy a spare battery and motor for my electric bicycle.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 17:36:52

PeakOilFanatic wrote:Honey: "You're are going to sell all that shit first thing Monday morning

Oh yes, roll on Monday. If I was working still I'd take the day off and grab a big box of popcorn. Now I'll just grab the popcorn.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby randomguyonabike » Sat 18 Jun 2022, 17:40:23

theluckycountry wrote:Many here suffer from the psychology of previous investment and it blinds them to the possibility their much loved assets could go down the toilet. One should never fall in Love with an asset.

More broadly, many can't imagine an end of the American Empire, much less a collapse into something akin to a Dark-Age once we have effectively used up the fossil fuels that got us to this lofty point in history. The latter is a distinct possibility because they are so common in history, the former, a foregone conclusion. We have interesting days ahead. I might buy a spare battery and motor for my electric bicycle.

That electric bike might come in handy
randomguyonabike
Peat
Peat

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance