Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

A Message From the Resistance? In Tampa??

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

A Message From the Resistance? In Tampa??

Unread postby crossthread » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 00:44:44

Thought provoking.........
Opinions?

http://69.46.19.250/resistance2.wmv
Peat

Re: A Message From the Resistance

Unread postby aldente » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 01:16:48

Who's the composer of the background music?
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby gego » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 01:32:16

Propaganda from whomever, and poor quality at that.

One thing that made me laugh was that this joker blames the US public for the actions of our government; it guess the actions of Sadam were the fault of the Iraqi public as well. We have virtually no control over the government. Our elections are the same as the Iraq elections, i.e., rigged to perpetuate those in power.

I also had to laugh that this guy thinks that anything they had or could have would be freedom; it always has been and always will be government control of an enslaved population, just like here in the US. It is just the names of the rulers that change periodically either via force or pretend elections.

You are better served to ignore the propaganda from all and concentrate on making plans for your personal survival in an oil depleted, overpopulated world.
gego
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby greenworm » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 01:55:30

Ah, the iraqi resistance, the group you never hear about in the US press. Oh, but you al qaeda, qaeda, qaeda, bogeyman, qaeda. It sounds like he is getting more solemn, his first videos were full of piss and vinegar. He must be getting tired of shooting artillery all day and just wants to hang out with the misses and his kids. Good luck, getting help from Americans! I bet 99% of them don't even know who Henry Kissenger is or what ingenious foreign policy was/is. I agree with the guy who says plan for survival, I for one will not be sharing my veggies with people who think hamburger's come from Mcdonald's and not from cows.
greenworm
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby seldom_seen » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 02:02:55

what gego said.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby MattSavinar » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 02:33:01

I'm afraid to click on the link. Doing so might get me bumped up higher on "the list" or added to some new list.

Best,

Matt
MattSavinar
Elite
Elite

Unread postby UIUCstudent01 » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 05:16:29

I saw this before, it's sorta old. More than a year old... (and few months)

For some reason, I noticed that the time-stampe was blocked out...

Now why would you want to do that?
UIUCstudent01
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby shakespear1 » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 05:18:11

Code: Select all
One thing that made me laugh was that this joker blames the US public for the actions of our government; it guess the actions of Sadam were the fault of the Iraqi public as well. We have virtually no control over the government. Our elections are the same as the Iraq elections, i.e., rigged to perpetuate those in power.

Here I think you are giving too much to any gov. Look back in history and you will see that people can do something if they are MAD ENOUGH and willing to go to the place of power. The Street.

Look at Cindy Sheehan :) :) :)
Men argue, nature acts !
Voltaire

"...In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

Alan Greenspan
shakespear1
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby MattSavinar » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 07:00:30

shakespear1 wrote:

Here I think you are giving too much to any gov. Look back in history and you will see that people can do something if they are MAD ENOUGH and willing to go to the place of power. The Street.

Problem that lots of people don't realize is this is true maybe for 1 out of 100 attempts. For every Harriet Tubman (as an example) there was 100 other similar persons who tried the same thing but got caught and shot before they managed to accomplish anything you're going to read about in the history books, even the alternative history books.

What do you think the chances of you being in the successful 1%, particularly given the way things are today?

I think you're better off (at least personally) shutting up, laying low, and working to save your own ass at this point.

What good has she accomplished? Is Halliburton making more or less money? Are those 14 bases not getting built? etc. Now she's talking, or was talking, about running for Senate!? That tells me she's not legit. Anybody who considers running for Senate is either totally corrupt or totally naive.

Her electricity is going to go down and her gasoline will be $10 a gallon just like it will be for the rest of us at some point in the future. Although if she parlays her fame into a series of high paid speaking gigs or book deals or whatever I guess she'll be able to afford it. Then all the people wasting time at her rallies will wish they had spent their time doing something that was actually going to make a difference in their lives as society flys the f--k apart. Like buying some solar panels or learning to compost or whatever.

Best,

Matt
MattSavinar
Elite
Elite

Unread postby MattSavinar » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 07:03:26

shakespear1 wrote:

I think you're mistaking "becoming a celebrity" for "making a difference." The cult of celebrity is alive and well in all parts of our culture, including the anti-war left.

Best,

Matt
MattSavinar
Elite
Elite

Unread postby aldente » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 09:11:16

'War is the answer', as James Howard Kunstler once correctely observed!
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby mrniceguy » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 11:27:52

MattSavinar wrote:I'm afraid to click on the link. Doing so might get me bumped up higher on "the list" or added to some new list.

Best,

Matt

I wouldn't worry about being bumped up higher on any lists Matt, I'd guess you're pretty much in the top 5 of all the USA's most subversive / dangerous / thorn in the side / troublemaker, take your pick, lists. So click away
mrniceguy
Peat
Peat

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 13:02:34

Somebody should get this guy a copy of A People's History of the United States. He's citing JFK and Henry Ford as examples of the good things the US has brought to the world. Seriously has he never heard of the Bay of Pigs and Vietnam. Henry Ford was a self avowed fascist and was a major financier for Hitler.
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Unread postby greenworm » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 14:18:20

[quote]"I'm afraid to click on the link. Doing so might get me bumped up higher on "the list" or added to some new list. "

Matt,

I got you covered, here is the plan. Dress up as a women and walk to the nearest library that has an internet connection. Don't take main roads, walk through the woods as much as possible. Wear gloves that you can type with. Wear lots of makeup and contort your face so that software cannot accurately reassemble your real image. Go through many proxy servers to reach the above web address, this will buy you some time to make your get away. Return home via a different route, but use the woods. Am I forgetting anything? :P

If that doesn't work, I guess I could just type his monologue out for you.
greenworm
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 14:37:20

greenworm wrote:Am I forgetting anything? :P

Yes. Spy satelites. Might want to move to a different planet just to be safe.
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MattSavinar » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 14:51:55

smallpoxgirl wrote:Somebody should get this guy a copy of A People's History of the United States. He's citing JFK and Henry Ford as examples of the good things the US has brought to the world. Seriously has he never heard of the Bay of Pigs and Vietnam. Henry Ford was a self avowed fascist and was a major financier for Hitler.

Don't know who you're referring to, but if it's me I have a copy of the book.

Sad thing is for all the criminality rampant in our system (400 years of slavery, 100 years of segregation, 30 years of the drug war, etc) it's probably about as good as you're going to get. Human nature is a beyootch.

Best,

Matt
MattSavinar
Elite
Elite

Unread postby MattSavinar » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 14:53:25

greenworm wrote:
"I'm afraid to click on the link. Doing so might get me bumped up higher on "the list" or added to some new list. "

Matt,

I got you covered, here is the plan. Dress up as a women and walk to the nearest library that has an internet connection. Don't take main roads, walk through the woods as much as possible. Wear gloves that you can type with. Wear lots of makeup and contort your face so that software cannot accurately reassemble your real image.

Been there, done that, got arrested.

Best,

Matt
MattSavinar
Elite
Elite

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Fri 10 Feb 2006, 15:10:17

MattSavinar wrote:Don't know who you're referring to, but if it's me I have a copy of the book.

Sorry. No. I was reffering to the narator of the video.
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics