Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Neo-Cold War

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Neo-Cold War

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:02:56

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has said tensions between Moscow and the West have sent the world spiralling into a "new Cold War".

Speaking at the Munich Security Conference, Mr Medvedev blamed US and European leaders for the souring of relations with Russia.

"We have slid into a new period of Cold War," he warned.

"Almost every day we are accused of making new horrible threats either against NATO as a whole, against Europe, or against the US or other countries."

He urged improved dialogue between Moscow and the West, citing Friday's meeting between the Pope and head of the Russian Orthodox Church following a 1,000-year split in Christianity.

"Just yesterday, we saw a shining example of what happens when one starts to move towards someone - the meeting between his Holiness Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis," he said.

"Before that those two Christian churches did not talk for centuries."

link

The Neo-Cons have their new Cold War. The fucking idiots will cost you your families lives.

Do you benefit from their policies, their nonsense, their spin? No. You continue to sacrifice, while they profit on your losses.

It's time to get your God damn shit together and oppose them.

It doesn't matter to me. My life is coming to a close. But for God's sake don't be patsies to the bitter end.

Quit fucking yourself.

Stoltenberg told the group that in response to a “more assertive Russia… which is destabilizing the European security order,” the alliance does “not want a new Cold War but at the same time our response has to be firm.”

He underlined that NATO’s deterrent also included nuclear weapons.

Stoltenberg defended NATO’s move to strengthen defenses, including moving more troops and equipment to countries bordering Russia, and said at an upcoming summer summit in Warsaw he expected member countries “to decide to further strengthen the alliance’s defense and deterrence.”

link

Defense and deterrence my ass.

The rest of the article is nonsensical pseudo-justification for the West's desire to go head to head against Russia.

Do you want that? Really? Against a nuclear nation who would have no choice but to use them?

For what reason? What do YOU have to gain? Compared to your loss of everything.
Last edited by Cid_Yama on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:28:49, edited 3 times in total.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Neo-Cold War

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:15:51

I wish Cid, we could all do that but Americans are tranquilized and sedated with cheap thrills, apathy, cynicism, ignorance, blind patriotism, and petty infighting. They did a heck of a good job the TPTB to dumb us down and make us obedient consumers. It is a plan that worked pretty much to perfection because they knew how humans were vulnerable. It can be viewed practically as simply as what supposedly was said a couple of thousand years ago. "Give them bread and circus" From the Romans.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dissident » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:19:25

The Cold War never stopped. Russia was supposed to become a vassal to the USA like Germany or Japan but with a much lower standard of living. Big bad Putin gave the USA and the rest of NATO the middle finger.

NATO better be ready to bring it and face the consequences. But what I see is a bunch of corrupt, deluded elites having their propaganda mouthpieces in the MSM spew lies 24/7. Such as the current bleating about civilians from Aleppo from Merkel, Obama, Kerry, Hollande and the rest. None of these Daesh sponsors and enablers made a squeak about civilians in Aleppo and elsewhere in Syria who were subjected to a regime of terror by Daesh and its Al Qaeda allies such as an-Nusra over the last five years. Now that Daesh and its allies are facing annihilation its NATO sponsors start screeching about human rights. But screeching appears to be all that NATO can do.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:25:07

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/12/middl ... index.html

Russia is liberating Syrians from headchopping freaks. It is the USA that is bombing Aleppo including the raid in the last week that destroyed hospitals, which the USA tried to pin on Russia. The USA has also destroyed the main Aleppo electrical generation plant and its water treatment facility. Russia has been bombing jihadi targets 20 km away from Aleppo. It will be up to the SAA to break the siege of the city. Obviously this is a ground level operation that is not dependent on aerial attacks.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:41:51

The Neo-Cons have their new Cold War.

It takes two to tango. Sorry, but I'm not down with blaming just one side for this situation.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:47:34

I respect your opinion on many things, but there is only one group in the West that is pushing for this.

This is a desperate move by those in power in the West to hold on to global hegemony, which they have already lost, but refuse to acknowledge, even to themselves.

They would rather DIE than relinquish power, which, unfortunately, takes you with them.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 11:52:45

Cid_Yama wrote:I respect your opinion on many things, but there is only one group in the West that is pushing for this.

This is a desperate move by those in power in the West to hold on to global hegemony, which they have already lost, but refuse to acknowledge, even to themselves.

They would rather DIE than relinquish power, which, unfortunately, takes you with them.

No, this is about you taking a break from "we'll all be dead in 10 years from methane release" to partake in useless political swiping. Hey, if that's what helps you relax on a weekend, fine. Doesn't mean your analysis is fair and balanced, though.

Russia under Putin is really the mirror image of GWB neocons. That's why it's flexing its insecure dick-muscle behind a series of dubious rationalizations. That you fail to see this and lay blame solely on the west shows how myopic you are.

We'll have better relations with Russia after Putin is gone, just as Iran's relations improved after Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was finally gone.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 12:13:30

Ennui you really do not have a grasp of NATO and US history not to mention a concession to the idea that the West lead by the US have been hell bent on world domination since after WWII. I advice you look at all the incursions either directly by the US or by proxy allies into the affairs of countries and in oppression of their own population since WWII. While you are at it check out "Project for a New American Century" or "Council of Foreign Relations". Even better hear some of the speeches by Noam Chomsky. US has acted totally and unambiguously as an Empire since WWII which makes sense considering they were half the world's economy after WWII and militarily also had no equal. You are indoctrinated by Western propaganda. Communism never posed the threat the West made it out to be. It was used to further the aims of Western imperialism. I will let Cid or maybe Dissident explain the modern situation with Putin and how this is a one sided provocation by the West. Why do you think we have military bases all around the world or we spend more on our military than all other countries combined?
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ennui2 » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 12:26:30

onlooker wrote:Ennui you really do not have a grasp of NATO and US history

Oh, stop it. Please do not immediately clutch at a condescending attitude.

Putin is a hawk. Do you understand that a hawkish attitude can be part of the problem?

onlooker wrote:the West lead by the US have been hell bent on world domination since after WWII.

So the iron curtain and the Berlin wall mean nothing to you? How about Russia's own quagmire in Afghanistan? Chechnya?

onlooker wrote: hear some of the speeches by Noam Chomsky.

He is exhibit-A of "blame the west" myopia.

Mark my words. US Russia relations will magically thaw when Putin finally leaves.

Putin self-perpetuates antagonism with the West through his posturing, his unilateralism, and his saber-rattling.
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 13:23:32

I'll try this once. It's not the West you have been led to believe exists. And it's not the US. There are a group who have accumulated power through wealth, industrialization, banking, oil, armaments, agriculture, etc. FDR called them the Economic Royalists. They are multinational. They control all the central banks in the West and all key industries. Most of their enterprises are privately owned.

The center of Power which, up until the beginning of the 20th Century, had been England, shifted to the US with the creation of the Federal Reserve and the transfer of the power to create US currency from the government to the privately owned banks that make up the Federal Reserve.

With the agreement by OPEC to do all transaction in US dollars, it allowed them to extend their hegemony worldwide. It allowed the US to leave the Gold standard and create fiat currency, which was then loaned globally through the IMF and World Bank to other nations, then used as leverage to control those nations and their resources.

Their power existed through debt and enforced through military might.

They were the only real power throughout the 20th Century. The Soviet Union they isolated. And worked hard to bring them under their domination. With their fall they saw themselves as invincible.

But they screwed up. They decided that they didn't need a national base, that globalization would allow them to subjugate even the populations of Western nations, and rule over a planet where the masses were reduced to peasantry.

Didn't work out that way. They industrialized China which then exerted their national sovereignty, and with a military they could not dominate, TPTB had no options. They had created a challenger to their hegemony, that, by the way, had the economic means to topple the Western Banking system and the source of their power. Debt works both ways.

When they tried to incorporate Russia in the 90s, they failed. Russia balked, and China stepped in to form an alliance.

That's when the Western PTB panicked. The Jig was up, their game was being called. Has been called.

They have no options left.

But as I said, they would rather die.
Last edited by Cid_Yama on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 13:42:46, edited 1 time in total.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 13:33:19

Very good accurate account Cid thanks. I may add though that the reason I refer to the US is because you could say they hijacked the US to do its bidding economically and militarily. As you said "Their power existed through debt and enforced through military might". Does the name Rothchilds ring any bells?
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 13:35:04

Cid_Yama wrote:
The Neo-Cons have their new Cold War.

I pointed this out long ago. I trust everyone can see it now.

Obama's bumbling and incompetence have resulted in a new cold war with Russia. Hillary and Obama said they wanted to "reset" US-Russian relations----they just didn't know they were so incompetent that they would reset relations into a new cold war.

Now that Obama and Hillary have "reset" US-Russia relations into a new cold war, their work here is done. :lol:
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 13:44:26

pstarr wrote:... making Obama look bad.

So President Obama has absolutely nothing to do with his own foreign policy and President Obama bears no responsibility for the new cold war with Russia that has started during his presidency as part of his foreign policy?

President Obama has nothing to do with the anti-Russia rhetoric coming from the US now, including the words that President Obama says himself?

President Obama has nothing to do with the orders President Obama gave for new US deployments of planes and other military assets being sent now into eastern Europe to confront Russia?

Really, Peter. Do you honestly believe that? :lol:

Obama has nothing to do with his own decisions.......wait a minute---of course he does.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 14:06:31

The President of the United States is nothing more than a middle level manager. Not since Carter has a President tried to stand against them.

And before Carter, it was Kennedy. You saw what that got him.

Eisenhower warned against them, as did FDR.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vox_mundi » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 14:08:44

The chess pieces are getting into position ...

Saudi Arabia sends troops and fighter jets to military base in Turkey ahead of intervention against Isis in Syria

Saudi Arabia is sending troops and fighter jets to Turkey's Incirlik military base ahead of a possible ground invasion of Syria.

The Turkish foreign minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu, confirmed the deployment in a statement to the Yeni Şafak newspaper on Saturday, days before a temporary ceasefire is due to come into force.

Adel al-Jubeir, the Saudi foreign minister, said Russia's intervention would not help Assad stay in power in an interview published today.

“There will be no Bashar al-Assad in the future,” he told a German newspaper.

Co-operation with Turkey could prove problematic if Saudi Arabia follows its definition of “terrorists” to include Kurdish fighters, who have been one of the most effective forces against Isis on the ground.

Mr Cavusoglu’s statement also raised the possibility of conflict between Turkey and Russia

Were Saudi troops to deploy to Syria, they could come into direct contact with the military of Iran — Saudi Arabia's longtime foe in the region, with whom tensions have been rising of late.

Saudi Arabia official: If all else fails, remove Syria's Assad by force

NATO sends Warships to Aegean Sea to combat migrant trafficking

Three military vessels from NATO’s Standing Maritime Group 2 have been ordered to “start to move now” and head for the Aegean sea to conduct reconnaissance and surveillance operations, after a request from Turkey, Greece and Germany, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said on Thursday.

The German navy flagship the Bonn (combat support ship), and two other vessels, the Barbaros (frigate) from Turkey and the Fredericton (frigate) from Canada, will take part in the mission. More ships are expected to join later in order to carry out the task more effectively.

Supreme Allied Commander General Philip Breedlove laid out the plan several hours after NATO’s defense ministers approved the use of military vessels in the problem region.

War by March?

(Next new moon March 8 - enhanced night bombing)

Iran counter-move ... take out Ra's Tannūrah, Yarbu' al Bahr, SA & Strait of Hormuz - oil price spike
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 14:11:08

Yes Kennedy had a great speech talking about the Monolithic and Ruthless conspiracy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhkjYJA ... w&index=27
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 14:24:00

All they need to take out is Abqaiq. It would be the end of Saudi Arabia. I'm surprised the Houthis didn't target their Scud missile there. It would have been war over.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 14:25:22

Cid_Yama wrote:I'll try this once.

I am familiar with this interpretation and I mostly agree with this as well. To imagine civilization without this hegemony is I fear a fantasy. I wonder about China. I see their power and strength but they miss a key element. Even though they are flexing their muscle they are invariably insular and xenophobic as a culture. Nobody really likes the Chinese where ever they choose to live. I have witnessed this first hand in Panama and Thailand. The Chinese do not integrate, they out compete locals in what ever industry they choose. They never hang around and have a beer with you. They are singular focused in commerce and savings. They keep to themselves.

American hegemony was partially successful because of the lifestyle that was exported. What lifestyle do the Chinese export except one of delayed gratification, twisting a Confucian principal into some perversion with their obsessive relationship with saving money.

Hegemony is not only financial power, it is also projecting a culture that is then emulated. I don't see the Chinese replacing the west in this regard.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 13 Feb 2016, 14:37:08

Almost 90 percent of the crude exported by Saudi Arabia from the Gulf is processed and pumped through Abqaiq.

link

Talk about all your eggs in one basket. BOOM

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics