Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Confessions of an Economic hit man

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Confessions of an Economic hit man

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 18 Apr 2016, 05:11:04

"This book Confessions of an Economic hit man" by John Perkins is a good book to open the eyes of people to see the unsavory and coercive way that the US has assured a favorable environment within the Western Hemisphere for its interests. Basically, a tale of the carrot and the stick, reward and punishment for cooperating with the US and selling out their own people in a S.American or Central American country. Of course more brutal tactics exist that also are sponsored by the US via the School of the Americas teaching military and police forces of South and Central America how to brutalize their own people. Here is the full book in PDF format:
http://resistir.info/livros/john_perkin ... it_man.pdf
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: Confessions of an Economic hit man

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:12:53

It would be like rosary water to a vampire. Her hands would go up in flames lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Peak_Yeast » Tue 19 Apr 2016, 18:00:33

Thanks for the link onlooker. I have liked what I have read and seen about Perkins, but I never had the pleasure of reading his book. I have looked briefly and read maybe the first 20 pages and to me its very .. hmm.. entertaining and confirming to read. Unfortunately, I am extremely busy at this point in time, but I will definitely read all of it - probably several times... And yes, I am that slow at getting things fully.. :oops:
"If democracy is the least bad form of government - then why dont we try it for real?"
Peak_Yeast
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 21 Apr 2016, 19:03:12

Yeah, guys what makes this book particularly interesting is it is written from somebody on the inside, as Perkins was an Economic hitman. I think the most fascinating revelations are always from people who have first hand knowledge of something.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby AdTheNad » Fri 22 Apr 2016, 02:21:21

pstarr wrote:If the banksters wanted to include us in their nasty behavior then economics would not be an elective in school. It would be mandatory reading at all education levels.

That would just put those pesky environmental types into classes where they might question spouted nonsense. Best to let people self select.
AdTheNad
Coal
Coal

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 22 Apr 2016, 07:00:05

"The banksters want nothing to do with a truly educated public" Bingo.
"The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. This new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia, but to keep the very structure of society intact." From 1984
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Return to Book/Media Reviews