Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Book: THE RACE FOR WHAT'S LEFT by Michael T. Klare

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Book: THE RACE FOR WHAT'S LEFT by Michael T. Klare

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 23 Apr 2015, 04:25:16

Subtitled "THE GLOBAL SCRAMBLE FOR THE WORLD'S LAST RESOURCES", this excellent and informative book is divided into eight chapters, the first four of which concern themselves with hydrocarbons, the next two focus upon industrial minerals (including rare earths, platinum group metals, and the more mundane iron/copper/tin/zinc), while the next chapter focusses on arable land and water resources, and the last chapter puts it all in perspective.

I read the electronic version in Nook Format, Kindle format is the other e-book option, as is a printed paperback.

Chapter titles are:

1. Driven by Depletion
2. Deep Off-Shore Oil and Gas
3. Invading the Arctic
4. Tar Sands, Shale Gas, and Other Unconventional Hydrocarbons
5. Mining's New Frontiers
6. Rare Earths and Other Critical Minerals
7. Global "Land Grabs" and the Struggle for Food
8. Shaping the Course of History

Meticulously annotated and with all sources referenced, this is a respectable and comprehensive summary of the pickle we are in. Klare saves his optimism for the final chapter, and even then does not belabor the point, saying only that to survive we must come together, adapt our needs, and cooperate. He thinks this is possible, I have a different opinion.

Highly recommended. I am adding this book to the select references I carry in my tablet at all times.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Book/Media Reviews