Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Turkey faces problems with buying oil from terrorists.

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Turkey faces problems with buying oil from terrorists.

Unread postby dissident » Wed 25 Nov 2015, 21:01:10

AgentR11 wrote:I don't know about cool, but his voice is awesome.

Especially when he lies. For example, that there was a UN mediated referendum on Kosovo secession from Serbia.

As I called it, the US can put sanctions on individuals for dealing with ISIS. Not only did it not do this for over one year as ISIS was racking in the money from its oil smuggling, it now chooses to impose sanctions on totally unrelated individuals. Obama is a joke and he is making America look like a joke.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 25 Nov 2015, 21:03:28

Only to people who pay attention. To the rest his sound bites do the trick & the MIC rolls in filthy lucre.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby AgentR11 » Wed 25 Nov 2015, 21:04:10

Nah, we come smush you with democracy. You vote. You vote how we say. You no vote how we say, we blow you up, and do it again. Till you get it right that is. Then we loot you. and you say THANK YOU.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby radon1 » Wed 25 Nov 2015, 22:47:55

Outcast_Searcher wrote: resort to name calling. VERY mature.

Really liked this response. Calling someone "Sixstrings" now qualifies as name calling. Sounds like the things are not that hopeless, WWIII will possibly be avoided.
radon1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby GregT » Wed 25 Nov 2015, 23:00:47

Let me get this straight.

The US began air strikes on Syrian sovereign territory in September of 2014. The US has the most advanced military in the world, with arguably the most sophisticated recon in the world. The US has openly stated that ISIS is being funded by illicit oil smuggling. Yet after over an entire year of air strikes the US military has not managed to stop ISIS from smuggling oil into Turkey?

Does nobody else smell something very rotten here?
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Nov 2015, 23:41:33

A fish rots from the head down. Those oil trucks were kept off the target list until just a week ago coinciding with the Paris massacre. That was a SecDef or CIC level decision.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby GregT » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 00:04:37

Cog wrote:A fish rots from the head down. That was a SecDef or CIC level decision.

In this case, the fish is completely rotten to the core, and only retains the skin of a fish. In reality it is a giant snakehead fish.

"The giant snakehead is a carnivorous fish that feasts on pretty much anything in its path, and has caused all manner of destruction in places where it has been introduced."

http://scribol.com/environment/the-worl ... es-britain
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 09:14:37

Cog/Greg - I had never given much thought to how ISIS was shipping the oil. But I should have given I know how little oil a standard oil tank truck carries. To move as much oil as some have speculated would take hundreds of tankers. And there's probaby nothing rolling in the region that looks like an oil tanker.

So yes: we could have been taking them out with drones long ago. If the R's want to take a hard shot at the POTUS before he leaves office and Hillary before the election it seems the recent tanker attacks would provide a great opportunity. How would they defend themselves: say they didn't understand how oil is transported as well as my 15 yo daughter? She sees them on the road all the time. Two of her cousins are tanker drivers. A couple of times she sat in the truck with me and watched a tanker get loaded.

But this was a mystery to the US govt? LOL
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 09:22:54

ROCKMAN wrote:Cog/Greg - I had never given much thought to how ISIS was shipping the oil. But I should have given I know how little oil a standard oil tank truck carries. To move as much oil as some have speculated would take hundreds of tankers. And there's probaby nothing rolling in the region that looks like an oil tanker.

Not anymore at least. Some of Russia's opening footage was of parking / loading lots full of tanker trucks, 100'ish. And Russia's official target statements indicate that they've destroyed 1000+ oil tankers since they started. would that be sufficient scale, given the relatively short distances involved to the Turkish border?

But this was a mystery to the US govt? LOL

We knew. Nowhere to hide something like that. And Russians found them on day 1. I'd bet good money we were skimming some of the proceeds to off budget accounts as well.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 09:29:56

The recipient of this largesse of ISIS oil was Turkey, who were no doubt buying it below market price. Everything goes at the casbah.

Which reminds me of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9r8LMU9bQ
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 13:02:49

The CIA certainly wouldn't take anything on the heroin trade; how about ISIS oil?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-2 ... -president
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 14:20:06

HuffPost calls this "updated", but at a glance I don't see anything newer.
Research Paper: ISIS-Turkey List
Posted: 11/09/2014 11:25 am EST Updated: 11/25/2015 12:59 pm EST
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GregT » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 14:26:08

ROCKMAN wrote:But this was a mystery to the US govt? LOL

As much of a mystery as to how the pentagon was surprised that ISIS managed to take over some 70% of Syria.

You just can't make this shit up.
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 14:30:21

Agent - Loading/unloading a tanker takes only a few hours total. The transit time is the key. And I couldn't make guess but I'm sure the US and Russia know exactly from satellite/air recon. Assume a min 3 day round trip (24 hrs/day road time with relief drivers) and 60 bo/tanker. So 1,000 tankers = 330 loads/day = about 20,000 bopd max. At $10/bbl = $6 million/month.

No idea what the real cash flow might be but this gives some potential scale.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Synapsid » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 16:07:45

ROCKMAN,

You seem well informed. Your interest has been noted.

Do not leave your present location. Wait for the knock on the door.

Control
Synapsid
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 26 Nov 2015, 23:47:19

sub - Seriously: I really wonder if the R's or any of the MSM will ask that simple question: since the US military has been closely monitoring ISIS (as they have repeatedly claimed the have) and have also acknowed the revenue ISIS has been getting from stolen Iraq oil: why after all these months are the oil tankers just now being attacked?

So what are the possible answers other then incompetance or intentional?
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Apneaman » Fri 27 Nov 2015, 00:11:11

Cumhuriyet daily’s Dündar, Gül arrested over report on Syria arms transfer

"“We are being charged with being spies, the president is saying that we are traitors to the state. We are not spies, we are not traitors, we are not heroes; we are journalists,” Dündar added outside the courthouse.
“There is a crime that has been committed by the state that they are trying to cover up,” he said, adding that the state is understandably in panic over the reporting done by the paper for it has the potential to reach an international audience and show the world the crimes committed by the Turkish state.
Following the Cumhuriyet report, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu said it is “none of anybody's business” what the trucks contained. Speaking in a live broadcast on the Habertürk news station in May, Davutoğlu said, “This is a blatant act of espionage.”
After the publication of video stills as well as video footage, Erdoğan lashed out at Cumhuriyet and Dündar for publishing the evidence and publicly vowed that Dündar would “pay a heavy price” for his report.
According to the report, the trucks were carrying six steel containers which contained a total of 1,000 artillery shells, 50,000 machine gun rounds, 30,000 heavy machine gun rounds and 1,000 mortar shells. All of this is registered in the prosecutor's file on the MİT truck case, the report said."

http://www.todayszaman.com/national_cum ... 05352.html

Today’s Zaman editor-in-chief faces 8 years in jail for ‘insulting’ Erdoğan

"Today's Zaman Editor-in-Chief Bülent Keneş is facing the prospect of up to eight years and two months in prison on charges of “insulting” President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in a series of tweets and statements that the journalist says was him simply expressing a critical opinion.
An indictment prepared by prosecutor Umut Tepe from the İstanbul Public Prosecutor's Office claims some of the tweets Keneş posted on his Twitter account cannot be deemed within the scope of “freedom of speech and thought” and that Keneş committed the offense of “insulting the president” on more than one occasion."

http://www.todayszaman.com/national_tod ... 05339.html

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell
Apneaman
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Fri 27 Nov 2015, 02:16:52

ROCKMAN wrote:sub - Seriously: I really wonder if the R's or any of the MSM will ask that simple question: since the US military has been closely monitoring ISIS (as they have repeatedly claimed the have) and have also acknowed the revenue ISIS has been getting from stolen Iraq oil: why after all these months are the oil tankers just now being attacked?

So what are the possible answers other then incompetance or intentional?

I guess it was a condition of the deal to let the US use Incirlik air base.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 27 Nov 2015, 04:04:51

ROCKMAN wrote:Agent - Loading/unloading a tanker takes only a few hours total. The transit time is the key. And I couldn't make guess but I'm sure the US and Russia know exactly from satellite/air recon. Assume a min 3 day round trip (24 hrs/day road time with relief drivers) and 60 bo/tanker. So 1,000 tankers = 330 loads/day = about 20,000 bopd max. At $10/bbl = $6 million/month.

No idea what the real cash flow might be but this gives some potential scale.

So at $40/bbl, that gives $24mln/mon for the various involved parties all the way up the chain to skim off. Nice chunk of change, but doesn't seem enough to account for the whole picture... OTOH, its only 120 miles or so from Mosul into Turkey with "pre-approved customs" as it were.... But also have load/unload/wait time... Hmmmmmmm....
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby charmcitysking » Fri 27 Nov 2015, 06:48:02

Did someone reference the US Military and the New York Times as benchmarks of historical behaviour and accountability??

What planet do you live on
charmcitysking
Peat
Peat

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics