Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Radical restructuring of the planet.

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Radical restructuring of the planet.

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 01 Sep 2015, 20:55:48

Let me occupy the middle ground here. No they are not fully in charge of many things going on in the world and yes they live as the wealthy are wont to live with entertainment and pleasure galore. On the other hand we should not be naive that they are not actively engaged in grandiose plans relative to humanity and the course of events. After all, the roles they occupy put them precisely in position to influence tremendously geo/political/economic events.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 01 Sep 2015, 22:09:34

No P, I am not speaking about these puppets and veils of the true persons in power behind the scenes. The billionaires and the main stockholders/owners of key sectors and industries such as the Bank sector, Fossil fuels industry and other key and potent corporations. They are the real power brokers. They do not waste their time in the political circus or any other publicity spectacles. Hillary and Donald ?
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 01 Sep 2015, 22:36:08

Well I would have to agree with the psychopath part 8O
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ralfy » Tue 01 Sep 2015, 23:44:15

Much of the global economy is controlled by a few:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... the-world/

While more worldwide want to buy more goods and services sold by large corporations:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-22956470

In a biosphere with physical limitations:

https://theconversation.com/if-everyone ... uble-43905

for which its inhabitants expect increasing economic activity per capita even with these limits:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... g-collapse

involving combinations of increasing arms development and deployment, pollution, and the effects of global warming.

Given that, restructuring of the planet will indeed take place, but likely not in the way that most imagine.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GregT » Wed 02 Sep 2015, 00:23:13

pstarr wrote:How you and yours suffer through TEOTWAWKI is not on the top of their list of concerns lol

I don't believe I implied that at all pstarr. If I was the people in control of Hillary et al, I would have a very good handle on what was going on, and I would probably be planning to take you and yours out of the equation before things get to out of control. Don't fool yourself for one second that they don't know what's going on. They have access to far more information than you are I do. We are their livestock. Nothing more.
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 02 Sep 2015, 17:27:17

yeah, in the wars the instigate the masses are cannon fodder.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Kristen » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 13:01:16

It doesn't really matter actually. Perhaps we will kill each other with powerful weapons, starve ourselves through resource depletion, or possibly destroy the planet that birthed us - turning the oceans into green toxic waste where only unedible sea monsters from the Bermuda Triangle thrive. All of our traditional values have turned into complete trash. Half of the U.S. Is on at least one psychotropic medication and our children are getting so big they should be rolled into the abyss of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

Whatever happens, the human's race inability to be rational will be our undoing. If there is a God and a Devil, the Devil is clearly ahead. If we're merely bacteria in a Petri dish we will keep expanding until forced to taper off.

The only thing we as individuals can do is adapt or perish. It's the human condition.
Kristen
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 19:48:45

onlooker wrote:I have made this post just now. I thought perhaps it is worthy of discussion though to some in may seem almost tinfoil or absurd. It is consistent with our military intervention past and present as well as our current geopolitical alignment and even our primitive impulses. Finally, desperation might make this scenario even more likely. So my question is how likely or not is this scenario below or something similar?
Since we are talking theoretically I will let my imagine run wild haha. Seriously, I do not see the entire world population able to change away from fossil fuels, the world is too wed now to FF in its necessary daily chores of surviving. I would envision a possibility that I think as not been discussed much on this site and that is of the US and also China and Russia taking preemptive action to block their countries off and take over key strategic resource areas in other places on the planet. This would involve the rather brutal calculus of allowing the rest of the world to basically wither away and die. Now you may ask what of the nuclear weapons of India, Pakistan, Israel and France hope I did not miss any. They would be taken offline by a careful and massive cyber attack coordinated jointly by these three powers. Then basically their is NO way anyone in the world could stop these plans because of the overwhelming military might of these three countries. Then and only then can these three engage in restructuring their entire societies including energy-wise. Of course in this scenario overall global population would be reduced dramatically making many current problems manageable for these "lucky" three. Anyway theoretical but R did say it was okay to engage in hypothesis.

Absolute rubbish.

The ruling classes in all three countries need a global market to keep their populations from growing restive.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Sep 2015, 19:51:19

ralfy wrote:Much of the global economy is controlled by a few:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... the-world/

While more worldwide want to buy more goods and services sold by large corporations:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-22956470

In a biosphere with physical limitations:

https://theconversation.com/if-everyone ... uble-43905

for which its inhabitants expect increasing economic activity per capita even with these limits:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... g-collapse

involving combinations of increasing arms development and deployment, pollution, and the effects of global warming.

Given that, restructuring of the planet will indeed take place, but likely not in the way that most imagine.

A good and logical detailing of the process in succinct and precise clips.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:17:00

Welcome back AD, nice to have you back. Okay now to your judgement of this possibility. Granted that right now this would be rubbish. However, in the fast approaching future given the hard constraints being imposed on capitalism in terms of the ability of Earth to satisfy the need and wants of 7 plus billion is it not common sense to believe that these powerful countries are planning to preempt the inevitable chaos and die-off with their combined actions and in doing so they can orchestrate a"soft" landing for themselves and basically divide up the planet into three sovereign and distinct jurisdictions or areas. Certainly, this in their eyes, while accounting for the avarice of the capitalist class, would make sense as preferable to chaos ensuing.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Sep 2015, 21:30:08

onlooker wrote:Welcome back AD, nice to have you back. Okay now to your judgement of this possibility. Granted that right now this would be rubbish. However, in the fast approaching future given the hard constraints being imposed on capitalism in terms of the ability of Earth to satisfy the need and wants of 7 plus billion is it not common sense to believe that these powerful countries are planning to preempt the inevitable chaos and die-off with their combined actions and in doing so they can orchestrate a"soft" landing for themselves and basically divide up the planet into three sovereign and distinct jurisdictions or areas. Certainly, this in their eyes, while accounting for the avarice of the capitalist class, would make sense as preferable to chaos ensuing.

There will be no interim period of chaos. It is my view and a sound one at that as I have a mind that can see order in most systems....dont know how but it does....the climate tilt will be sudden and swift and will catch us off guard as the toxin exponentiality of globalising capitalism overwhelms the climates delicate chemistry balance in short measure.

And time is running out. Once capitalist social relations embed themselves outside of the Western whitemans world to be blunt and into the world of the other ethnicities on this planet, fully embeds itself, we are done. At the moment, there is only one wayward ethnic group on this planet so there is still time in my opinion and thus the problem is containable.

Destroying the USSR was STUPID in capital capitals.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics