Page added on February 24, 2024

The Mystery of Food Politics and It’s Proposed Extrication

The Mystery of Food Politics and It’s Proposed Extrication thumbnail

Wars and cross border conflicts are known to stifle food supply mechanisms and impact production on a large scale. Ukraine being foremost exporter maize, oilseeds, wheat among other food commodities stands at an all time high supply risk of essential supplies. Food, famines and farming are conspicuously deeply connected to politics and governance. All policies claim to be designed in way that will assure the end of hunger, enhance nutritional values, ensure food security and promote sustainable agriculture in societies but thought, vision and policy implementation often don’t align with the elemental needs of commoners. In academics, Food Politics isn’t a new subject – it attempts to holistically study governmental and institutional policies that comprise of regulations, control, production, distribution and consumption of food. In recent years, there has been wide scale planning on a gamut of factors like usage of pesticides, Genetically Modified Crops and Biofuels. Climate Change also stands as a challenge to secure future food security.

Unfavourable climactic conditions are detrimental to food production owing to unpredictable weather, natural calamities and numerous environmental hazards cause further damage. In 2022, number of people affected by worldwide food insecurity rose from 135 million in 53 countries in 2019 to 345 million in 82 countries. Climate change continues to remain a challenge and its ill effects can be seen in  health of citizens and livelihoods of small farmers. In the event of floods and droughts, weaker sections of the society get deprived of adequate nutrition. Small farmers struggle to earn enough money to pay for seeds, fertilizers and other farming essentials. Statistics indicate that while many countries especially in the EU as well as England have shown remarkable progress in this sphere, developed economies like the US and China fail to do enough to align themselves with the positive transformation. Many developing economies still find themselves doddering in the domain; albeit the adaption of renewable energy sources and solar energy.

In India, the farmer’s agitations that begun in 2020, seem once more on the flare-up. Farmers from certain North Indian States are demanding legal guarantees of a minimum support price (MSP), which is an assurance for the farming community and includes waivers of farm loans; and a demand to withdraw certain policies that go against the interest of farmers. Put simply MSP is the cost which government purchases crops from farmers, promising farmers a fixed income for their produce even if markets go bit volatile. Benefits to farmers are always a pivotal focal point in politics – as we see Donald Trump talking about farmer welfare in almost each of his speeches.

The current protestors allege that though India’s central Government did form a committee to address farming issues, it failed to include representatives from Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana all three states being major grain producers. They further allege that the committee has hardly made any fruitful progress on MSP. Farmers continue bearing with a gamut of problems and crop failures cause huge debts forcing many farmers to even end their lives. Farmers want he demand is for the MSP to be fixed at least fifty percent higher than production cost of the crop. Farmers are wary of the government’s planned privatization of the electricity sector which will mean a hike in bills, adding to their woes. Many Indian state governments provide subsidized electricity to farmers, which help keeping key costs in control. There’s also a demand of compensating farmers who lost their lives in 2020-2021 protests.

Government policy influences the price around food’s production, its distribution and availability. Policies also ensure safety of the food supply domestically and internationally. On a domestic scale, food policy effort affects farmers, wholesale traders, food processors, retailers and end users. Commodity crops like wheat, rice, corn and soy are mostly central to policy making in agriculture. India’s Niti (National Institution for Transforming India) works as the top public policy think tank of the Government. Professor Ramesh Chand member of NITI Aayog and a Union Minister of State is a passionate farmer himself. He shares snippets of his study entitled ‘From Green Revolution to Amrit Kaal’ that he and Jaspal Singh, an agricultural consultant have authored. Professor Chand’s study reveals that MSP for farm produce is vital to safeguard against unfair competitiveness an malpractice in agri markets. Chand and Singh argue that in periods of glut MSP becomes important and as a measuring sustem it must not cause distortions in market signals and incentives – stating that India must use the two instruments of procurement and price deficiency payment. Both Chand and Singh accept that public procurement ought to be linked to the quantity required for the public distribution system, stability in price and protecting strategic stocks.

MSP in mandated crops should be realized via price deficiency payment.   When MSP is higher than exportable price and implemented by a set procurement system then export without subsidy is impossible and many countries see this directly as a violation of the WTO agreement. In recent times India has projecting itself as the pioneer of the Millet revolution. Though bit highly priced the grain has been projected as a crop that is salubrious and can take care of nutritional deficiencies among adults and children.

Dr. Edmond Fernandes-  Director, Edward & Cynthia Institute of Public Health, India opines that though the present government has taken steps needed to fix the problem of malnutrition through various schemes like Poshan Abhiyan, Poshan Maa and other local initiatives. However, it would be wise to address the problem through a cross sectoral perspective as cascading risks is impacting the concerns around food security and healthy nutrition. And what remains critical is to have these solutions reaching the last mile communities.

The National Institute of Nutrition has given many viable alternatives of low-cost energy rich diet which can address the problems of nourishment and immunity boosters, people need common and easy solutions, not complex systems and sophisticated mechanisms.               Domestic and international food markets look strongly integrated and in the face of the war, is India playing a vital enough role in securing global food supply chains?

Dr. Fernandes strongly believes that India has always historically played a vital role in global food supply chains and in the midst of war, and a rapidly proliferating socio-economic condition, the onus will fall back on nations like India to play big brother during a global food crisis or shortfall too.

The doctor makes a pertinent point when he says that though surveys help understand the problem, they don’t necessarily help figure out solutions which are usually complex and calls for special talents. “Governments need to tap into talented individuals and not political loyalists,” concludes the young specialist.

Food insecurity can become an increasing problem in the times to come. While food prices are likely to rise due to climate change and a growing world population, nutritious food is likely to become unattainable for more and more people. World statistics reveal that almost 3 billion people are affected by food insecurity and malnutrition quietly continues to affect people in myriad ways – which one may not even be aware of. While the saga of protests, promises and new deliberations continue, the world must be ready to deal with food shortages, price hikes as world population will continue growing and supplies may either be inadequate or substandard in quality – if systems don’t deploy robust mechanisms to extricate out the problems that threaten global food chains and supplies.

modern diplomacy

718 Comments on "The Mystery of Food Politics and It’s Proposed Extrication"

1. I need cadav erse on Sat, 24th Feb 2024 12:45 pm

I have not seen one erratic behavior from earth calculators since I am born, not one. All my electronic project work as it should, my car is still rusting away, gravity is still working as it should be.

Your cadavers will be delivered to me by either GOD or earth calculators. I need your cadavers to put this part of my life behind me.

2. I want to move forward on Sat, 24th Feb 2024 10:11 pm

I need earth cadavers to be able to move forward. Your cadavers will be delivered to me by either GOD or earth calculators. I need to move forward as I hate earth.

3. ddie on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 12:05 pm

I need your cadavers. I will not be able to heal psychologically without your cadavers.

4. I need this on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 12:50 pm

I need all the cadaver of all the earth population as mentioned in revelation 19. I need this to heal psychologically. If I don’t have that I will not be able to move forward and reach my full potential.

5. efae on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 1:49 pm

Everything is fake. Food is fake and not needed to stay alive. Pharmaceutical products are fake and just an immorale way to extort money from people so a class of immoral people don’t have to work with their hands. Food is probably one the biggest hoax done on flesh beings to manipulate them to work physically hard and products goods for a parasitic class of people.

Pharmaceutical products don’t work and are used to control earth population and depopulate more rapidly earth.

6. dedcd on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 1:57 pm

Earth calculators will deliver to me all the cadavers I need for psychological healing. I am here to walk and enjoy your cadavers. I am not your friends and never will be.

7. ddee on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 2:08 pm

You can see the hatred of GOD for earth population on how inefficient, primitive and unreliable earth technologies are.

Take a resistor of 33K and connect it to 120 volt AC and measure the temperature of the resistor. You will see how hot is the resistor. It is hot because it is an inefficient tech that lose too much heat energy. We don’t like you enough to give earth efficient technologies. We want you dead, this is why we made a crappy reality for the people of earth.

Go study engineering, you will see the hatred of GOD for earth population. Your cadavers will be given to me.

8. all of it on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 2:34 pm

See comment above, at the end of all of this, I will get all the cadavers that I need for my personal enjoyment as written in revelation 19.

9. dede on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 2:46 pm

We could have doubled the quantity of heat in a Kg of diesel fuel. Your diesel truck engines would be half the size they are now. No we don’t love you enough to make your life easy.

I want your fucking cadavers. I will get them.

10. dee on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 2:58 pm

This is why I am saying this is not a CGI reality. It is a torture and execution chamber made of mathematical equations. Nobody is leaving earth and I still want your fucking cadavers.

11. didie on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 4:08 pm

You are here to die and you cannot do anything about it. I will walk over your cadavers as it is supposed to be.

120/33k=0.035

12. Pure hate on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 4:13 pm

120/33k=0.00356 A
    p=0.0036*120-0.436 Watt

You electronic components are so inefficient that you can barely pass 0.5 watts of power a in a resistor without generating an big heat lost. You can see the hatred that GOD has for earth population in every earth calculators. It is pure raw hatred that GOD for all of you.

13. Pure hate on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 4:36 pm

The Jet engine is the perfect example of GOD displaying his pure hatred for the population of earth. Look at how complicated it is. This is GOD pissing on your face and telling you , I hate all of you.

14. Fucking coward on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 4:45 pm

He is scared. He is a parasite and a coward.

15. Wiill imite on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 5:34 pm

If you did enough engineering like I did, fix your car, fix your house, have your own electronics project, have your own welding project, build wood furniture eventually you see the full hatred of GOD for the inhabitants of earth,. It is not pretty. It is pure raw hatred without any limites.

16. dkdie on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 7:34 pm

Don’t be surprised if one day a militia show up at Sureté du Québec head quarter and kill all the high ranking officers. Same with Montreal, Laval, Longueil, Boucherville, Québec and dismantle the police forces of these cities.

17. get you shit together before it is too late on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 7:45 pm

Don’t be surprise if one day a militate blow up a car full of explosive in the middle of Jewish Montreal neighborhood and kill kids, women, and Jewish man.

18. eeee on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 7:48 pm

Don’t be surprise if one day a militia take control of Valero oil refinery in Québec city and start rationing gazoline and diesel. Get your shit together and stop fucking around.

19. it is possible on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 9:38 pm

All this is possible if you are the one
    running all the earth calculator in your brain.

What did I say, as soon as I am capable I will decapitate all the Jews of the world and float their heads 22 feets.

20. i odle t on Sun, 25th Feb 2024 10:03 pm

I told you earth belong to me. Your souls and lifes belong to me.

21. dee on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 7:32 am

Earth cadaverse will be given to me one way or another.

22. dkdie on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 7:38 am

I want earth cadavers and I will get earth cadavers. If GOD gives me direct access to earth calculator, I will start right away to kill politicians, high ranking officers of the police force, will create a fake CGI militia and take control of the oil refinery in Québec and use the whole earth as my entertainment.

I want your fucking cadavers.

23. dide on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 7:44 am

Worst come to worst, I will do nothing and wait for the conservation of mass calculator to deliver to me your fucking cadavers.

24. Dredd on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 7:56 am

“And you will go to Mykonos
    With a vision of a gentle coast
    And a sun to maybe dissipate
    Shadows of the mess you made”
    (The Photon Current – 6)

25. cadaverekdidi on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 12:55 pm

I want your fucking cadavers for my personal amusement.

26. ddde on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 3:25 pm

CHINA BREAKS 400 LOW TEMPERATURE RECORDS; RECORD SNOW SWEEPS SOUTH KOREA; HEAVY POWDER POUNDS THE ALPS, A LOT MORE TO COME; + AR3590 NOW RIVALS ‘THE CARRINGTON’ SUNSPOT

At the end of this I will get your cadavers, meaning all the population of earth..

27. too on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 9:49 pm

It is too late to go back. You should have removed all the firearms and handguns laws when I asked you. It is too late now. I need your cadavers so I can move forward and forget about this part of my life. You death is the only for me to move forward.

28. nice job on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 10:05 pm

Nice job bitch if it is you that made this for me.

29. dede on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 10:32 pm

Nice job whore. if it is you

30. ddiei on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 10:43 pm

The true is we don’t need planet earth moving forward. We don’t need low IQ losers. Your cadavers will be used by me for psychological healing.

31. ddee on Mon, 26th Feb 2024 10:58 pm

We don’t need planet earth. Everyone on earth will be killed. I will then enjoy your cadavers and then we will move to something else.

32. I am ready for freedom on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 12:01 am

I made two utilities vests with pocked in the front to carry with me the tool I will need to enjoy your cadavers. I have gloves, knife, flash light, paper, pencil and other shit. I am ready bring it on.

33. eee on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 1:56 am

I want your fucking cadavers. All earth population is mentally retarded and does not deserve to be keep alive. The big purge is coming. I heard that the purge is going on right now in South Africa

businesstech__co__za/news/business-opinion/749036/ceos-are-worried-south-africa-is-falling-apart/

htxt__co__za/2024/02/20/south-african-businesses-should-prepare-for-grid-collapse/

34. I told you on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 2:03 am

You see the comment above. I told you that the earth calculator of conservation of mass will deliver to me your cadavers.

35. dedd on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 2:20 am

Poor babies. I will wait for the conservation of mass calculators to deliver to me your cadavers. Running a militia is too much troubles. Look what is happening in South Africa. I next 5 years I will walk over Quebecers and Canadians cadavers.

36. It is coming, on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 2:46 am

I will get my fucking revenge against Québec and Canada for stealing my right to carry an on me handguns bought incognito . Just 5 more years to wait. It is not that long for revenge.

Real freedom and possibly death is coming for me. Either I die on earth or I leave. Either way I win.

37. dde on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 3:12 am

Hatred is a beautiful thing. I never fully realize the full potential of raw hate.

38. The pleausre of revenge on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 3:24 am

The pleasure to know that I have accelerated the death of Canadians and Quebecers by refusing to work with them. The pleasure to know that I have speed up their death. It is a nice feeling. The pleasure of blood and revenge. It tasted better that I thought

39. djude on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 3:28 am

Revelation 18 talk about revenge:

Give back to her as she has given;
    pay her back double for what she has done.
    Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
    7 Give her as much torment and grief
    as the glory and luxury she gave herself.

Revenge is a nice feeling. I can wait to walk over your cadavers.

40. Cry on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 8:53 am

Cry for me on the television it makes my vengeance more pleasurable. Cry worthless pieces of shit

41. dee on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 9:13 am

Vengeance taste good. I am dancing naked in bed room while listening to this:

I need your cadavers, it fills me with joy of a renew start for me.

42. Dredd on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 9:15 am

“Here come old flat-top,
    he come groovin’ up slowly
    He got ju-ju eyeball, he one holy roller
    He got hair down to his knee
    Got to be a joker,
    he just do what he please” – Beatles

(The Photon Current – 7)

43. dde on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 9:29 am

COVID did not work as and execution tool. You cannot stop immigration, we are the ones filling up earth with people to accelerate natural resources depletion and speed up the death of earth population. I don’t remever the last time I was this happy. Life is slowly coming back into me.

44. deid on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 10:08 am

They still cannot tell the truth about anything. They like to talk about things that nobody cares. Earth population really needs to die. The guy in the gray suit. How long before he gets kill by GOD.

45. how long on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 10:12 am

1:58 how long before this guy, gets kill by GOD.

46. dde on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 10:47 am

Sometime my face get bombarded with some kind of energy. Earth energy field is being reconfigure to something new. If you don’t get the appropriate body modifications to adapt to the new energy field you will die.

It is what we see in the video above. Earth is being reconfigured, this is equate to say that earth population is being executed.

47. Massice execution on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 11:03 am

It is really easy to see who is scheduled for execution. Just look at the length of their neck, how forward their faces has moved, their hair style. This tell me that almost everyone in Québec will be executed. This would make sense to me and explain why sometime I receive beam of energy. Not many people will be left on earth. It will be the omega man without the zombies.

48. spli realit on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 11:18 am

We might have a split a reality. I will move into a new reality with a new energy field. People around me will just disappear. The cadavers will be only visible for people that are in the old reality. In the old reality people will fight each other for food, money and so on as people in the new reality will be spared. Personally this is how I would do it if I was in charge.

Moving to heaven with GOD just means you have a new body adapted to the new energy fiels. The new energy field is heaven.

49. I'm returning very very soon from my two week permanent retirement the eyes are the leather strap of the anus Sunan Abi Dawud 203 In-book reference : Book 1, Hadith 203 on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 11:58 am

Supremacists muzzies Ramadan bombathon 2024 results coming

50. Juste de la merde ici on Tue, 27th Feb 2024 12:48 pm

Toute est de la merde sur cette planète la. DVD-RW disques ne durent pas. C’est a peine si tu peux faire 10 cycles de réécriture avant le disque ne cesse de fonctionner. Toute est de la merde icitte sur terre. L’acier rouille trop vite. Les mémoire SDRAM ne durent pas longtemps aussi. Tu peux voir la haine de Dieu pour les habitants de la terre. La seule façon de rester en vie est de quitter la terre. Je déteste cette criss de planète la.