Register

Peak Oil is You


Donate Bitcoins ;-) or Paypal :-)


Page added on April 28, 2007

Bookmark and Share

West African Gas Pipeline inaugurated

The 500 million-dollar West African Gas Pipeline (WAGP), the flagship project of the sub-regional body ECOWAS, is set to come on-stream soon with the inauguration on Friday of the Gas Export Terminal at Ikoti in Ogun State, Nigeria.


About 170 million cubic feet of gas a day (170 Mmsfd) would initially pass through the transmission system to Ghana, Togo and Benin.


Of this, 85 percent would be used for power generation and the remaining 15 per cent for industrial application.


President John Agyekum Kufuor, Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo and Dr Thomas Yayi Boni of Benin inaugurated the terminal.


GNA



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *