Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails? Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails? Pt. 3

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 04 Jul 2016, 05:31:29

Plantagenet wrote:@vtsnowy

President Obama has clearly tried to influence the current FBI and DOJ investigation of Hillary by making prejudicial statements about the case---that is germane to this topic. When the president of the United States takes time to criticize the FBI for pursuing a matter under criminal investigation, something unusual has happened.

However, the discussion you and Lorey were having about Obama bringing charges against Bush is derailing this thread---Obama never brought charges against Bush so nothing happened, there is no chance of it ever happening, and its just not germane to this thread, which is about Hilalry's legal jeopardy from her mishandling of classified government emails.

Lets try to keep this discussion on the topic, please, and not divert into utter fantasy.
Cheers!

Seems you can't admit to a point well made.
But very well back to the topic at hand.
The interview has been held and the time for a report is upon us as stalling until after the Democratic convention would be seen as clear evidence of collusion.
Therefore I predict a report out in the next few days (Perhaps late next Friday) that chastises Hillary for risky behavior but decides that nothing she has done rises to the level requiring indictments. This will happen not because of any innocence on her part but because the establishment wing of the Democratic party wants and needs it to go that way.
Stanch Hillaryites ( Yes Lori this means you) will crow with I told you So's and Republicans will gnash their teeth with the injustice of the obvious cover up but it will be the independents and undecided voters that will have the final say in November.
I suspect some poor sod in the FBI is now sweating bullets trying to write a report for public consumption that exonerates her without denying any of the facts that are already in public hands or makes the FBI look like a lackey.
A Pulitzer prize for best fiction might well be in order. :mrgreen:
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:45:47

vtsnowedin wrote:Seems you can't admit to a point well made.

I agree with well made points all the time.

vtsnowedin wrote: The interview has been held and ... stalling until after the Democratic convention would be seen as clear evidence of collusion.

We already have clear evidence of collusion. The meeting between Bill Clinton and AG Lynch was grossly inappropriate, as were Obama's earlier statements that Hillary's criminal activities weren't really criminal. For that matter, the State Dept clearly colluded with Hillary in setting up the secret server in her basement, and then colluded in hiding its existence for two years while stonewalling various FOIA requests for Hillary's emails.

vtsnowedin wrote: I predict a report out in the next few days (Perhaps late next Friday) that chastises Hillary for risky behavior but decides that nothing she has done rises to the level requiring indictments. This will happen not because of any innocence on her part but because the establishment wing of the Democratic party wants and needs it to go that way.....
I suspect some poor sod in the FBI is now sweating bullets trying to write a report for public consumption that exonerates her without denying any of the facts that are already in public hands or makes the FBI look like a lackey.
A Pulitzer prize for best fiction might well be in order.

That could certainly happen. But this could also be one of those "Profiles in Courage" moments when a brave individual stands up to the DC machine.

FBI director James Comey has a reputation for absolute integrity. Comey is undoubtedly already on Hillary's enemy's list just for directing the FBI to conduct a serious investigation of Hillary's emails and the sleazy graft at the Clinton Foundation. If he knuckles under to Hillary now at the last moment the next 8 years for him will be filled with nothing but endless toadying to Hillary while turning a blind eye to her corruption, graft and lying.

Comey might as well tell the truth now. If the evidence calls for an indictment, then call for an indictment. If Lynch and Obama try to block the indictment and further subvert the legal system, then he should resign and go out like a man.

Stand tall, Director Comey. Speak truth to power.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Mon 04 Jul 2016, 12:39:11

Here is the money shot and why Bill coincidently showed up at the plane.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/04/repor ... y-general/

Hillary Clinton is considering retaining Loretta Lynch as Attorney General if she wins the presidency, according to a report from The New York Times.

Picking Lynch as a holdover from the Obama administration would help Clinton’s stated goal of making her cabinet gender-equal. But the choice would likely prove controversial given that Lynch is the ultimate arbiter in the Justice Department’s investigation into the potential mishandling of classified information on Clinton’s private email server.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 04 Jul 2016, 13:31:20

Cog wrote:Here is the money shot and why Bill coincidently showed up at the plane.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/04/repor ... y-general/

Hillary Clinton is considering retaining Loretta Lynch as Attorney General if she wins the presidency, according to a report from The New York Times.

This kind of sleazy deal making exactly why this whole affair should have bee handled by an independent prosecutor.

If there ever was an inquiry that should've required an independent prosecutor this is it. But the corrupt clowns in the Obama administration wouldn't do it.

This case destroys the independent prosecutor law, just like the Obama's trashing of the McCain-Feingold law in 2008 destroyed the campaign finance laws, and Obama's wars in Libya, Syria and Iraq destroyed the peace movement in the D party.

The D party used to be a great party that cared about peace, working people, and the rule of law.

No more.
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 04 Jul 2016, 13:36:33

Plantagenet wrote:

Comey might as well tell the truth now. If the evidence calls for an indictment, then call for an indictment. If Lynch and Obama try to block the indictment and further subvert the legal system, then he should resign and go out like a man.

Stand tall, Director Comey. Speak truth to power.

I hope Director Comey has a personal protection detail that is worth their salt. It would be too bad to find him as a suicide that managed to shoot himself twice in the head.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 04 Jul 2016, 19:01:01

vtsnowedin wrote: I hope Director Comey has a personal protection detail that is worth their salt. It would be too bad to find him as a suicide that managed to shoot himself twice in the head.

Haha!

And then Vince Foster somehow rolled himself up in a carpet, drove himself to a park and dumped his own body in the bushes.....all without bleeding on the carpet. He was a fastidious guy, I guess.

But thats the bad old days.

These days inconvenient people who know too much have unusual "accidents", followed by conflicting police reports on what happened, just two days before they are going to go court to testify against the Clintons.

Another_Mysterious_Death_Surrounding_Hillary_Clinton

Cheers!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:02:42

I just saw the entirety of FBI Director James Comey's press announcement about the Clinton E-Mail scandal live on CBS.

The highlights are:

1) Incontrovertible evidence that classified information was exposed on her servers. This happened in 52 E-Mail chains and 110 messages. The information involved was all the way from "Confidential" (the lowest classification) to "Top Secret - Compartmented" (the highest publicly disclosed classification).

2) There is no evidence of intentional wrongdoing or obstruction of justice. There is abundant evidence of extreme carelessness and lack of consideration for security matters.

3) This information was exposed multiple times when Clinton was overseas via Clinton's use of unsecured devices in countries which had the capability and abundant motive to penetrate the open servers.

4) The matter has been referred to the Department of Justice for a decision on prosecution. The FBI has made a recommendation that no prosecution occur, but it is not their decision. Hillary has not been "cleared" of anything - instead they say the evidence is insufficient to support criminal intent.

5) The matter is extremely complex and without the same level of access to the information that the FBI has, all other opinions about this topic are uninformed opinions. The FBI read all 30,000+ messages, including those she mistakenly thought she had deleted.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:36:28

Head of Department of Justice says she will abide by whatever recommendation the FBI issues. Well that's that and I am a far left liberal. The whole system is rigged. Impunity reigns
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:48:05

Well, I'm a middle road conservative and I don't see it that way. We pay people like James Comey to competently and professionally investigate wrong doers, including politically sensitive investigations like this one.

The man is good at his job, and we should take him at his word. He did not say Hillary was innocent, he said the evidence was insufficient to prove criminal intent. However she did violate her security oath - which is a felony and she can be prosecuted for that. (My comment, not his.)

Until and if she is indicted, charged, tried, and convicted, she is entitled to a presumption of innocence as is every American.

I happen to hate Hillary Clinton and detest political abuses of justice. But I will not advocate infringing somebody else's constitutional rights for any reason.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:16:42

Sorry to say, but the entire political system is rotten to the core. In this context, what has occurred with Hillary is simply an extreme abuse of power however way you look at it. Whether she may have been doing this for personal gain or at the behest of the Democratic apparatus is hardly the point. After things like Iran Contra, Nixon, the monopolization of power by two parties, the biased Supreme Court decision in Bush vs. Gore, it is just too much. It actually goes deeper but some here have not looked at how deep the rabbit hole goes. This has all the tell tale signs of abuse of power and for it too stand is just another indication to me of how rotten the system is.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 13:06:09

IMHO Hillary Clinton should be treated the same as any other schmuck who violated security. In almost all cases, the person is not prosecuted unless it can be proved that they were committing espionage for a foreign government or selling information - those people are charged and prosecuted and typically imprisoned.

Everybody else pretty much loses their job and security clearance, and any chance of further government employment. In this context, Hillary is no longer the SOS - and was smart enough to resign before being fired - and probably will not be prosecuted, considering that Obama is now campaigning for her and that the DOJ works for him.

I believe that these E-Mail messages absolutely establish her incompetence and prove beyond any doubt that she should never be POTUS. But my opinion on this topic is worth exactly one vote, as is anybody's.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ennui2 » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 13:51:28

The answer to the thread topic is no. Time to lock the thread and move along before the sour-grapes and tinfoil takes over.

"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
permanently banned

Unread postby careinke » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 14:50:23

It looks to me like the FBI determined she was not a criminal, (intentionally). She is just an egotistical, incompetent, moron who recklessly endangers national security through her extremely bad practices. Sounds like someone the Dims will support fully. They must feel so proud, knowing they are putting forward their best.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ennui2 » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 15:24:03

You think Trump is the GOP's best? LOL
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
permanently banned

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 15:43:24

Trump v Hillary
Loser v loosett

What a fine mess!

On the other hand......just in my life time....which I consider treasonable offenses.....
JFK and the Bay of Pigs
LBJ and the Gulf of Tonkin
Nixon and Missinger undermining the Vietnamese peace talks
Nixon and the plumbers
Regan under mining the hostage negotiations
George II WMD lies ... Maybe including Powell

Obama hasn't done anything treasonable I can think of off hand, tremendously stupid? Absolutely. This Hillary thing may change my mind.

But I think these kind of shenanaigians has been going on since forever. Power corrupts and all that.

So I guess I'm not surprised, disappointed? Very much so.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 15:52:06

First we had Bill "accidentally" meet with Loretta when their private jets just happened to be parked next to each other.

SNAKES ON A PLANE

Now we have Hillary campaigning with Obama on Air Force One, with the taxpayer paying the bill for their fine fine ride.

MORE SNAKES ON A PLANE

It seems like there are snakes on planes everywhere now.

hall of shame
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Lore » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 16:07:03

I think it goes much deeper than that Plant! James Comey was a former Bush appointee. This is obviously quid pro quo for Obama letting Bush off the hook over Iraq! Bush "the lesser" has been working behind the scenes and he is not just painting pictures of puppies. Gee wilikers Planty...what da ya think. It's a conspiracy of major proportions! :roll:
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ennui2 » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 18:51:00

Quick! To the blackboard!

Listen folks, just sit on your hands and be polite losers and stop reaching for the tinfoil card.
ennui2
permanently banned

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 19:04:16

careinke wrote:It looks to me like the FBI determined she was not a criminal, (intentionally). She is just an egotistical, incompetent, moron who recklessly endangers national security through her extremely bad practices. Sounds like someone the Dims will support fully. They must feel so proud, knowing they are putting forward their best.

Plus one! I'd go higher if it was allowed.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 05 Jul 2016, 19:11:05

KaiserJeep wrote:I just saw the entirety of FBI Director James Comey's press announcement about the Clinton E-Mail scandal live on CBS.

Well I guess it was a year long investigation and probably at least a million dollars, just to conclude what I said at the very beginning: not quite up to the level to bring charges against her, all things considered, but yet it was extremely sloppy and flagrant flouting of normal accepted procedure.

In the press conference, the FBI director issued an "extraordinary tongue lashing:"

FBI director: Hillary Clinton 'extremely careless' but no charges recommended

But Comey administered an extraordinary tongue-lashing to Clinton and her aides, rebuking them for being "extremely careless" in the handling of classified information and saying the presumptive Democratic nominee should have known an unclassified email system was no place to conduct sensitive government business. ...

In a stunning moment of Washington theater, Comey stepped up to the microphone to deliver the FBI's findings just over two hours before Clinton climbed aboard Air Force One to travel to her first campaign event with President Barack Obama.

Adding to the tension, he made clear the White House and the Justice Department "do not know what I am about to say."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politics/fbi-director-doesnt-recommend-charges-against-hillary-clinton/

So, that's that.

It SHOULD have been a campaign issue. Sanders SHOULD have brought it up. Even if not quite to the level for charges, the FBI has clearly determined what her staff did was wrong. Sloppy, shady, fast and loose.

It should have been a big issue in the D primaries.. the voters need to see that Clinton PROMISES this kind of thing will not continue, into the WH. People don't want to have to deal with these scandals for 8 years.

If Republicans had nominated Jeb Bush -- THEN they'd have been in a position to really make these emails a campaign issue. Jeb Bush would *never* do anything like this home server thing, and the Clinton Foundation and all of that, and on and on.

The problem though is that Jeb is not the nominee.. it's Trump.

Compared to Trump, it's actually Hillary that's getting the establishment Republican "Jeb Bush" votes.

Hillary is a bit of a "Nixon" type Republican. Yeah she's a just a little bit crooked, but it's like I said about Trump.. a boat needs a captain at the end of the day, imperfect or not. Nixon was a crook, but he also handled the Russians pretty well, and opened China up, and actually had some good domestic policies. Good president really, all except for that one thing about him.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to North America Discussion