Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails? Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 18:44:40

Litesong,
Clean up your language, it is degrading to many and mostly to yourself. Make your point in a civil manner.
User avatar
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 13257
Joined: Thu 15 Nov 2007, 03:00:00
Location: Between Canada and Carribean

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 19:27:25

Newfie wrote:As some wise old sailor once said....."I've spent most of my money on whiskey, women, and boats...the rest I wasted."

One of my favorite quotes ever. As long as one of the women was his wife and mother of his children how far off from the average man is he? Not far in my experience.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 9829
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 19:42:09

Plant quoted "Project Veritas..."

Ah, there you go again. That would be O'Keefe's 'project:

http://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.p ... l#msg93303

"James Edward O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is an American conservative political activist.[2][3] He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters, some selectively edited to imply its subjects said things they did not"

That is you are getting your 'evidence' from a professional manipulator of 'evidence."

Either you are ignorant of that, which means we should always be aware that you are very sloppy with your sources...or you know about it and are participating in this intentional manipulation of evidence.

Either way, you've just done a wonderful job of totally delegitimizing yourself as any kind of poster to be trusted to present any kind of evidence of anything.

Too bad. In other contexts you often seem like pretty straight up guy.

I guess this political season is driving many...over the edge. :cry:
User avatar
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge
 
Posts: 18458
Joined: Mon 05 Dec 2005, 03:00:00

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 19:45:42

dohboi wrote: you've just done a wonderful job of totally delegitimizing yourself as any kind of poster to be trusted to present any kind of evidence of anything.


Oh.

You are really into the personal attack mode these days.

Hopefully you will return to being the thoughtful old Doh' when the election is over and we've all finished celebrating Hillary's electoral victory.

Cheers!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 22800
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 19:53:56

Basically, what Trump (and P) is saying here can be summed up in this immortal song of Groucho Marx:

"The last guy nearly ruined this place,

He didn't know what to do with it.

If you think this country's bad off now,

Just wait till I get through with it!"

:) :) :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBRLJ_kVjeQ
User avatar
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge
 
Posts: 18458
Joined: Mon 05 Dec 2005, 03:00:00

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby toolpush » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 02:10:31

Well I know what Obama is doing tonight. Drafting Hillary's pardon letter.

The question I would like to ask is, can a pardon be given in totality to a person for all crimes committed, or do individual specific crimes need to be itemized, and each itemized crime then pardoned?
toolpush
Lignite
Lignite
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon 06 Jan 2014, 08:49:16

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 07:02:18

toolpush wrote:Well I know what Obama is doing tonight. Drafting Hillary's pardon letter.

The question I would like to ask is, can a pardon be given in totality to a person for all crimes committed, or do individual specific crimes need to be itemized, and each itemized crime then pardoned?


IIRC Nixon was issued a blanket pardon for all offenses committed while in the office of the Presidency. President Obama might draft the same sort of pardon for Hillary Clinton for 'all offenses committed while Senator and Secretary of State'
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
User avatar
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu 28 Apr 2005, 02:00:00
Location: South West shore Lake Erie, OH, USA

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 07:05:01

But I was assured by the local Democrats(Sixstrings) here, that Hillary hasn't done anything wrong. To suggest otherwise was to be a member of the vast right wing conspiracy. Why would she need a pardon for imaginary crimes?
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12794
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby MD » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 07:14:18

Indictment around march. In jail by end of 17. That's my prediction.

Or maybe not. she could be considered a non-threat now. Much may depend on what moves her "foundation" makes in the coming weeks/mnths.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
User avatar
MD
COB
COB
 
Posts: 4951
Joined: Mon 02 May 2005, 02:00:00
Location: On the ball

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 07:19:26

I would seriously doubt any indictments. The Republicans have a unique chance now to build unity and actually move things forward. The reason for Clinton hatred and the desire to "lock her up" just vanished last night.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 07:27:42

Ibon wrote:I would seriously doubt any indictments. The Republicans have a unique chance now to build unity and actually move things forward. The reason for Clinton hatred and the desire to "lock her up" just vanished last night.


No, actually it did not. I dislike Hillary Clinton not as an object representing corruption, I believe she is arrogant, careless and self centered to the point that she would not help people under her purview of responsibility because she was afraid of the political repercussions. Ambassador Stephens specifically. The lies and the cover up after the fact are nearly as damning as the act itself.

Add in the fact that if any of the military members of my family had been 1/10th as reckless with classified or secret materials as she was from her arrogant self importance they would be serving serious jail time.

None of that is about symbolism or anger about her femininity or any of the other excuses some people like to use when describing those who do not care for the Clinton Machine and what it has done to distort American politics from 1992-2016.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
User avatar
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu 28 Apr 2005, 02:00:00
Location: South West shore Lake Erie, OH, USA

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Pops » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 08:23:34

Again, why would anyone not take him at his word?

He is a "straight shooter"—remember?
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
User avatar
Pops
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 18480
Joined: Sat 03 Apr 2004, 03:00:00
Location: QuikSac for a 6-Pac

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 08:49:44

Pops wrote:Again, why would anyone not take him at his word?

He is a "straight shooter"—remember?



Image
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12794
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:45:14

I expect Trump to appoint an Attorney General that is above reproach and a complete and properly conducted investigation of wrong doing at the State Department , the IRS and the Clinton foundation will be conducted and indictments if indicated will come down.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 9829
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:52:52

Personally, I would like to see Obama pardon her before leaving office. That would cement her reputation as a crime boss for all time.
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12794
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 13:10:38

Ibon wrote:The reason for Clinton hatred and the desire to "lock her up" just vanished last night.


Thats not how the rule of law works.

The reason for prosecuting people who break the law is to deter other people from breaking the law. It really sends a very bad message to everyone in the US and everyone in the world if it appears that our laws just don't apply to rich and powerful and politically connected people.

The law should be applied equally and fairly, to poor people and rich people alike.
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 22800
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 13:49:06

Plantagenet wrote:
Ibon wrote:The reason for Clinton hatred and the desire to "lock her up" just vanished last night.


Thats not how the rule of law works.


That's not how the law works for the elite Plant.

To your point and Tanada's. If Trump is going to go down the pragmatic road of building unity in our government going forward, after long years of gridlock, he will not support going after Clinton.

Are you guys naive enough to think that the back room deals go away now that Trump is president. Trump is after all the master in the art of the deal and negotiation. In order to appease the democrats, and remembering that he moves in many of the same social circles as the Clintons, he will maneuver back room negotiations to stop going after the Clintons.

Plant, do you really think the rule of law applies to Clinton or Trump or anyone else in power.?
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 14:26:16

Ibon wrote: If Trump is going to go down the pragmatic road of building unity in our government going forward, after long years of gridlock, he will not support going after Clinton.


Appointing an independent prosecutor is not "going after someone." The US justice system is not like the Spanish inquisition, for heaven's sake. The independent prosecutor might clear Hillary, you know.

BUT there is the appearance here that the State Dept. was complicit in keeping Hillary's illicit server secret, and the Dept of Justice was corrupted by the Obama appointees, and blocked any real investigation of Hillary, and something went horribly wrong at the FBI. Take just the justice dept--- The Clinton appointees blocked convening a grand jury in this case for chrissakes. Normally you find out if a crime has been committed and then you take it to a grand jury---you don't rule out criminal prosecution from the very beginning of the investigation---that made for a sham investigation from the beginning.

The Obama DOJ also blocked the FBI from investigation the Clinton Foundation, even though the New York office of the FBI had clear evidence of crimes.

Thats another sham.

And how about the fact that Hillary personally took a hammer and destroyed laptops and phones and instructed others to wipe her server AFTER the emails were suppoened. How is the justice system supposed to operate if people destroy evidence? This is actually something rather important, since Hillary is a lawyer and lawyers are supposed to have ethical standards when it come to evidence and court procedures. At the very least Hillary should be sanctioned and her licence to practice law suspended, as happened to Bill Clinton when it came out he had lied under oath in a court deposition.

And this doesn't just involve Hillary. State Dept. employees who worked on Hillary's private email were simultaneously drawing salary from the State Dept and the Clinton Foundation---it is a crime for a federal employee to do that because we want federal employees to be dedicated to the govemrent, not to the Clinton foundation.

The whole thing appears corrupt and rotten.



Ibon wrote:Are you guys naive enough to think that the back room deals go away now that Trump is president. Trump is after all the master in the art of the deal and negotiation. In order to appease the democrats, and remembering that he moves in many of the same social circles as the Clintons, he will maneuver back room negotiations to stop going after the Clintons.


Back room negotiations aren't against the law. Destroying evidence and mishandling classified documents is.

Ibon wrote:Plant, do you really think the rule of law applies to Clinton or Trump or anyone else in power.?


I think it depends on who is in charge. For instance consider ENRON. When Enron engaged in financial misconduct, the Bush administration prosecuted the execs and put them in jail. But when Goldman Sach and other Wall Steet companies engaged in financial misconduct in the 2008-9 crisis, Obama didn't prosecute anybody. He just took their donations in 2008 and asked for a bigger campaign donation in 2012.

See the difference?

Cheers!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 22800
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 14:47:38

Plantagenet wrote:
See the difference?

Cheers!


Time will tell if there is any difference. I am pretty confident on the points I made. We will know soon enough, wont we? Or maybe we never will because deals will be struck in the back rooms and possible evidence never brought to light?
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Will Hillary be indicted mishandling classified Emails?

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 15:08:30

I think to heal the wounds that have so divided our country, that Trump should offer Hillary the ambassadorship to Libya.
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12794
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests