Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Why the Volt is the best Peak Oil Prep Car....

How to save energy through both societal and individual actions.

Re: Why the Volt is the best Peak Oil Prep Car....

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 13:32:39

Plantagenet wrote:
Subjectivist wrote:Government RFP can specify whatever details they want. In this case the government could specify they desire to purchase 25,000 sedans that are PHEV's and then purchase those offered by the marketplace. If GM Volt just happens to perfectl fit the details of the RFP put forth well those things happen.

Actually, it is illegal for the GSA to write up a RFP in such a way that only one supplier can fill the order. The other suppliers would surely protest, and so would their Congresscritters.

In any event, the GSA has already purchased a large number of EVs, and installed charging stations at government facilities across the USA.

.gsa.gov/buying-selling/products-services/transportation-logistics-services/vehicle-leasing/alternative-fuel-vehicles-technology/electric-vehicle-charging-stations
Unfortunately, the government purchases of EVs weren't enough to save the VOLT.

CHEERS!

I sure hope you are not as trusting of the actions of government employees and elected officials as you seem to be pretending to be.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 17:25:53

I saw today on the insideevs November plug-in sales scorecard that nearly 4000 Volts sold in November, well over double the typical 2018 monthly sales volume.

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

Ironic. I guess potential near term Volt customers want to get them before they're gone.

Well, there will be lots more PHEV's from (IMO) far better car makers than GM, as the EV revolution unfolds.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 18:40:07

Subjectivist wrote:
Plantagenet wrote: it is illegal for the GSA to write up a RFP in such a way that only one supplier can fill the order.

I sure hope you are not as trusting of the actions of government employees and elected officials as you seem to be ...

Turn up the knob on your reading comprehension skills to a higher setting. :lol:

Noting potential illegality by government employees at government agencies is not being "trusting of the actions of government employees" as you suggest.

Potential illegal actions by government employees are a reason to DISTRUST government actions.

Get it now?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 07 Dec 2018, 21:40:59

OK, back to the news cycle. I don't know where he'd get the money, but here you go:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-le ... -musk-says

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Conservation & Efficiency