Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

When will the mass dieoff begin? Pt. 4

Re: When will the mass dieoff begin? Pt. 4

Unread postby pstarr » Tue 08 Jan 2019, 18:07:45

Herpes doesn't make the patient crazy. :shock:

Those nutty monkeys must be inhaling methane in dangerous concentration. That is why they are talking with squeaky little chirping sounds.
SA has peaked. OPEC has peaked. So goes the world.
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 08 Jan 2019, 19:03:24

Put a bounty and open season on them.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby mmasters » Tue 08 Jan 2019, 19:15:37

20 years out is my guess...
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby derhundistlos » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 01:15:23

Regarding the McHV-1 herpesvirus, the fact of the matter is, according to the CDC,

"No human deaths have been reported from contracting McHV-1 from free-ranging macaques, suggesting the risk for transmission from these
animals is low."

These unfortunates contracted this disease thanks to us. We routinely infect monkeys with a wide variety of pathogens so don't blame the monkeys, although it's our nature to always cast blame onto others.
derhundistlos
Wood
Wood

Unread postby dohboi » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 01:21:27

I'm not 'blaming' the monkeys.

But just because something is rare, or hasn't been transmitted through a particular vector yet, doesn't mean it can't be fatal when it does.

Further from CDC on B Virus:

B virus infection in macaques is usually symptom-free or causes only mild disease, but in humans the infection can be fatal.

Reported cases of infection in humans are very rare; since the identification of the virus in 1932, there have only been 50 documented human infections by B virus, 21 of which were fatal.

https://www.cdc.gov/herpesbvirus/cause-incidence.html

So, over 40% mortality rate...if you are so sanguine about your odds, go down and make friends with a buncha monkeys in Florida! :D
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby derhundistlos » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 01:23:09

Newfie wrote:Put a bounty and open season on them.

Why not place a bounty and open season on the humans who infected the monkeys? It's always so easy to blame the victims. This quote is more evidence why mankind is a failed species and headed for the extinction abyss. Sadly, we won't go quietly into the night, but rather we will continue taking millions of innocent species with us; however, I believe more powerful forces are hard at work to eliminate us while mitigating our damage to biodiversity. I suspect we will find out the truth in the not too distant future.
derhundistlos
Wood
Wood

Unread postby derhundistlos » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 01:30:23

"if you are so sanguine about your odds, go down and make friends with a buncha monkeys in Florida!"

I already do. I'm a regular financial donor to the largest primate sanctuary in the US- Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary.

In Colombia, I purchased habitat- 3.845 acres- in el Departamento de Antioquia to prevent the extinction of a beautiful monkey species named, El TiTi. The species is at risk of extinction due to the US military having illegally removed large numbers to the US for biological weapons research.
derhundistlos
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 07:27:50

I’m too have a soft spot for animals and their conservation, at human expense if necessary. (false economics but that’s another argument). And I highly commend your conservation efforts.

However, they are a sick and invasive species. They should not have been released, and should be removed. Pythons are an even bigger problem in the Everglades. Same with wild pigs in PA.

Somenwohld argue, with merit, that humans are an invasive species which needs to be controlled.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 09:12:04

Newfie wrote:I’m too have a soft spot for animals and their conservation, at human expense if necessary. (false economics but that’s another argument). And I highly commend your conservation efforts.

However, they are a sick and invasive species. They should not have been released, and should be removed. Pythons are an even bigger problem in the Everglades. Same with wild pigs in PA.

Somenwohld argue, with merit, that humans are an invasive species which needs to be controlled.

Are these not the same monkeys and descendants of monkeys released from laboratory testing by 'animal rights activists'? Those people have done enormous harm by releasing dozens of species of laboratory testing animals into the wild, frequently in environments where they can thrive as the monkey's are. The Boa Constrictors were pets that were released into the wild some by 'owners' who discovered they didn't really want them as a 'pet' and others released from enclosures by hurricane damage to their cages. In any case they also survived and thrived in an ecosystem very much like their native jungles of Indochina.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 09:15:17

Time to open up a season on those monkeys and show them who the apex predator is. What round for monkey?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 09:27:35

Just remeber, some folks think humans are the biggest invasive species around.

Kudzu Ape.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 13:08:14

Cog wrote:Time to open up a season on those monkeys and show them who the apex predator is. What round for monkey?

Given size and weight it shouldn't take more than 0.177 caliber squirrel guns to do the deed.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 13:13:14

Time to open up a season on those monkeys and show them who the apex predator is. What round for monkey?

.22 LR for sport, 12 gauge buck to get the job done!! :wink:
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 14:58:46

Newfie wrote:Just remeber, some folks think humans are the biggest invasive species around.

Kudzu Ape.

This is not a matter of opinion. Empirical evidence is indisputable.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 16:38:32

Oh you optimist! :)

My preference is a 22WMR. up to about 40lbs body weight should be about fine. Over that to about 250lbs a 243 to 270 but I use a .308 cause that’s what Dad bought me and he was a smart man. That’ll get the job done for most anything reasonable.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby derhundistlos » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 20:23:48

"Are these not the same monkeys and descendants of monkeys released from laboratory testing by 'animal rights activists'? Those people have done enormous harm by releasing dozens of species of laboratory testing animals into the wild."

You answer your own question with an ignorant answer. The fact of the matter is these monkeys were released due to hurricanes that destroyed their enclosures, although I understand your desire to blame animal rights activists. So typical.
derhundistlos
Wood
Wood

Unread postby derhundistlos » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 20:37:55

Now I understand why intelligent posters from PO News don't waste their time on this side, and why the dummkopfs on this side don't venture onto the PO News side (there are a few notable exceptions to the foolishness).

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
derhundistlos
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 22:07:25

derhundistlos wrote:Now I understand why intelligent posters from PO News don't waste their time on this side, and why the dummkopfs on this side don't venture onto the PO News side (there are a few notable exceptions to the foolishness).

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Nobody is forcing you to log in here. We wouldn't want you to get a bad reputation by associating with us rabble. :-D
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby GHung » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 23:47:35

Cog wrote:Time to open up a season on those monkeys and show them who the apex predator is. What round for monkey?

The males are around 30 pounds. .223 should do nicely.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Thu 10 Jan 2019, 03:27:38

I would go with a 30-06. Your shot will probably be into a tree a fair distance away. At least after the first week of open season.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate