Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 14

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 14

Unread postby Yoshua » Wed 11 Mar 2020, 13:44:40

"Beginning Thurs, Mar 12 thru Mon, Apr 13 we'll offer at least $175B in daily overnight repos & at least $45B in 2-week term repos twice/week. We'll also offer 3 1-month term repos, with 1st on Thu, Mar 12. Amount offered for these will be at least $50B." New York Fed
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 13

Unread postby evilgenius » Wed 11 Mar 2020, 19:48:11

Well, this may be where a very large experiment in guaranteed minimum income might come in handy.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 11 Mar 2020, 20:59:36

The NBA announces it has suspended the season following a positive COVID-19 test result for a Utah Jazz player.

Nhl making an announcement tonight. My Blues won’t get a chance to repeat. I’m depressed now lol
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Wed 11 Mar 2020, 21:02:40

trumps scared-speech trumped by one line NBA announcement.
Guess which will be the topic at the roach coach tomorrow.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:30:21

Trump's entire stock market gains over the last 3 years completely wiped out in less than 3 weeks
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 11 Mar 2020, 23:17:33

This is a must read on the real situation in Italy.

https://threader.app/thread/1237142891077697538
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 08:47:06

Pretty scary.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby bochen777 » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 08:55:18

Pops wrote:Pretty scary.

More and more it is obvious CIA did COVID to prepare America for WAR against China... East vs West.. WWIIII

The virus is a joke, ACE2 means it is mild flu for white people...

THe whole soceity lockdown is to get the american people mentally prepared for wartime, during wartime all the luxuries go away

this is the big weening...

they are even using crisis actors grade A like Hanx this time.... and Apple cofounder, etc... its a campaign of disinfo to force underlining behavior changes in the american public to prep them for war, US against EU and ASIA

there is not enough resoruces to go around

it has been decided

american first means america against the world
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby GHung » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 09:17:27

Wishing there was a way to ban absurd and useless posts like the one just above from Bo(freak).

Meanwhile where are the resident cornies now that the markets are in full-blown crash? Too embarrassed to show up? Where's Cog, bragging about all of the buying opportunities. Where are the Trump defenders after his astoundingly (even for Trump) idiotic sub-amateurish address last night? As I've been saying for 3 years, the man is a clear-and-present-danger, as he is proving every day now.
How freaking simple is it to address the Nation without doing even more damage???!!! How hard is it to pick up the phone and inform our biggest trading partners that a travel ban is going into effect? How hard is it to construct and read a statement without needing your VP to issue "clarifications" after the fact????
Hoping we can survive this demented idiot for 10 more months.

Now, que the fool, Cog, to explain how "our girl lost", as if that ever meant anything.

Dow currently off another 9+%. My wife's work doesn't/can't explain their pandemic protocol. Until they can, she's staying home.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 09:29:39

Fed Injects $198 Billion Via Repos To Unfreeze Paralyzed Funding Markets
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fed-i ... ng-markets

Update: shortly after the Fed injected $95BN in liquidity via two term reports (a 2-week and the first 1-month op), it also announced $103.1BN injected via the overnight operation, which means that the Fed has injected a combined $198BN in liquidity as funding markets freeze.

The credit markets are breaking down. That will blow up the BBB rated bond market, which will then spread to IG. Circuit breakers are being tripped on the S&P. The entire monetary/ financial system is falling into the abyss. The entire banking system may stop functioning over the next few days.

Wishing there was a way to ban absurd and useless posts like the one just above from Bio(freak).

Bio-Chink is a hazard to your health. It is one screw short of a completed Erector Set. Its purpose appears to be to cast blame away from the CCP; it is pissing into the wind. They will be destested and hated by humanity for what they have done for the next 1000 years.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Pops » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 09:33:09

bochen777 wrote:
Pops wrote:Pretty scary.

More and more it is obvious CIA did COVID to prepare America for WAR against China... East vs West.. WWIIII

The virus is a joke, ACE2 means it is mild flu for white people...

THe whole soceity lockdown is to get the american people mentally prepared for wartime, during wartime all the luxuries go away

this is the big weening...

they are even using crisis actors grade A like Hanx this time.... and Apple cofounder, etc... its a campaign of disinfo to force underlining behavior changes in the american public to prep them for war, US against EU and ASIA

there is not enough resoruces to go around

it has been decided

american first means america against the world

This guy is spamming the board with crossposts in multiple threads, mods need to moderate.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 10:29:00

GHung wrote:Meanwhile where are the resident cornies now that the markets are in full-blown crash?

Sorry, but all of the doomsaying was saying the bubble would pop of its own accord, not that we'd be hit with a massive black-swan. So all this self-congratulating going on is unearned.

Pops wrote:This guy is spamming the board with crossposts in multiple threads, mods need to moderate.

You used to be a mod at one time, right? What happened?

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-I'm glad Trump is in there now. I think we'll have a vaccine in a couple of months. (mmasters, 3/17/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 10:45:22

You said it the other day, the swing to alt-right self-harm and short's pseudoscience embarrassment. I can only take so much and then I have to cleanse my brain for long periods.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby GHung » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 10:50:47

asg70 wrote: .......

Sorry, but all of the doomsaying was saying the bubble would pop of its own accord, not that we'd be hit with a massive black-swan. So all this self-congratulating going on is unearned.

Pure BS, but confirms how your mind works to avoid accountability. I've bee saying the global economic bubble was vulnerable to inevitable black swans for years. Maybe those posts were too scary for you to process?

Also, your poke regarding "self-congratulation" is unfounded. Where did I do any such thing? My poke was at folks like you who are dangerously prone to confirmation and normalcy bias. Indeed, as I've been out and about the last few days, I've seen this IS normal amongst the population. Many folks are still calling this whole thing a giant nothing-burger, even a hoax.
But, like you, they tend to shoot the messengers rather than face reality. Chicken-shit citizens in my book, unwilling to sacrifice even a little to save a lot.

Trump currently on the TV wanting me to look at the good side to this;
".....gas prices are going to be coming down,, WAY down. It's like a giant tax cut!"
Who TF says that kind of crap other than a pure psychopath?
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 11:14:14

You said it the other day, the swing to alt-right self-harm and short's pseudoscience embarrassment.

Cute; pseudoscience defined by two oysters that think they have a PH.D? Two mathematical geniuses still stuck on the square root of -1, and trying to get their pants down so they can count to 21. When you have advanced past the paint by numbers level, let us all know. In the meantime the entire world is shutting down, and the rest of us not in La La land must try to figure out how to deal with it.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 11:16:49

GHung wrote:I've bee saying the global economic bubble was vulnerable to inevitable black swans for years.

And that's useful---how, exactly? How many reading this thread are gambling with the stock market? At most we have money in 401Ks and that's about it.

I think you have a really perverted idea of the kind of lifestyle us "cornies" live, like we're living way above our means, paycheck to paycheck, unable to handle the least instability. Sure, we're not bugged out in the middle of the woods, but how many here are?

GHung wrote:Also, your poke regarding "self-congratulation" is unfounded.

Mostly aimed at Armageddon who is the patron saint of this thread.

GHung wrote:Many folks are still calling this whole thing a giant nothing-burger, even a hoax.

I don't see that happening here. Who are you trying to attack?

Go out and joust with those "folks" if you like.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-I'm glad Trump is in there now. I think we'll have a vaccine in a couple of months. (mmasters, 3/17/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 11:18:41

Cog bought XOM at $55...now $38.
Cog bought Ford at $9...now $5.25.
Cog bought ATT at $37....now $32.

Cog is a DISASTER.

"Capitalist" Cog was last heard on dumbphone screaming "I need to be bailed out"
Cog has now officially gone AWOL.
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 11:25:10

SUNCOR down 19%
BP down 15%
EOG down 12%
GE down 13%
And the biggee Boeing down 12%..

Normal Correction.
Cog has now officially gone AWOL.
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mmasters » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 11:58:31

I'm patiently waiting for oil to go to 10
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Yoshua » Thu 12 Mar 2020, 12:09:54

"On March 12, 2020, the Desk will offer $500 billion in a three-month repo operation at 1:30 pm ET that will settle on March 13, 2020. "

A cool half trillion in Repo.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Next

Return to Economics & Finance