Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Strange weather 2020

Re: Strange weather 2020

Unread postby REAL Green » Tue 19 May 2020, 06:07:35

“The Sun "Has Gone Into Lockdown", And This Strange Behavior Could Worsen Global Food Shortages”
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archiv ... much-worse

“At a time when the world is already being hit with major crisis after major crisis, our sun is behaving in ways that we have never seen before. For as long as records have been kept, the sun has never been quieter than it has been in 2019 and 2020, and as you will see below we are being warned that we have now entered “a very deep solar minimum”.

It is my opinion this possible solar minimum is not a reason to dismiss carbon emissions as a problem. In fact, this may be another ingredient along with carbon forcing that will just destabilize the weather more. My late winter and early spring has been one of the coolest, wettest, and greyest in my memory. My solar system has hardly been on. The temps are cool and conditions wet. The grass is not growing optimally. Insects are being affected. I considered this part of the meandering effect of the warmed arctic before. I am wondering if this solar minimum is now a driver. Does anyone have good intel on this. I am up on climate and weather but I don't study it deeply.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Coal
Coal

Unread postby REAL Green » Tue 19 May 2020, 06:38:58

“Victor Gorshkov (1935-2019): a life for the biosphere.”
https://cassandralegacy.blogspot.com/20 ... phere.html

“He formulated the concept of the biotic regulation of the environment according to which natural ecosystems create and control the environment favorable for their existence. Unique to Victor’s theory was a joint quantitative consideration of the environmental, ecological, and genetic characteristics of the biota. Victor started from the consideration of the carbon cycle by noting the extremely short turnover time of carbon in all major pools (approx. ten years) compared to the characteristic times of observable environmental stasis. Could the biota adapt to rapid environmental changes it can itself induce? Proving that impossible would constitute proof that the biota controls the environment rather than adapts to it. Such proof required analyzing the rate of generation of genetic variability in various species and contrasting them with the rate of environmental change by finding some transitional dimensions between the two… The contrasting reality is that all species, big and small, give rise to new species at approximately the same rate, once in a few million years. These estimates testified against intraspecific genetic adaptation to an ever-changing environment. Rather, the environmental change came along as the result of some infrequent spontaneous evolutionary shifts of the biota.”

This is an interesting look at species and climate. Does this point to man producing a spontaneous evolutionary shift with our carbon forcing?
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Coal
Coal

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 19 May 2020, 07:20:24

It is my opinion this possible solar minimum is not a reason to dismiss carbon emissions as a problem. In fact, this may be another ingredient along with carbon forcing that will just destabilize the weather more.

If people gave up on the carbon hoax, along with the flue hoax Goldman couldn't broker their carbon credits, and they may not get their $500,000 yearly bonus. It could be devastation for the money changers. After you have worked for the Devil long enough you start growing a long tail, and nose. People start to notice. This solar minimum will last for 20 years, and their won't be much left of modern civilization at the end of it. The elite will be crawling out of their then dead government funded doomsday bunkers to find nothing, or no one to rule.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 24 May 2020, 03:00:40

We had the coldest winter day in my memory of 20 odd years living in the sub tropics
12 C(53.6F) usually a winters day is 20ish C (68 F)
Today was back to normal
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 25 May 2020, 14:25:32

Hailstones Bigger Than Grapefruit Pummeled a North Texas Town On Friday

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/ ... utType=amp
... One of the largest hailstones was first measured by a broadcast meteorologist from a Wichita Falls station, which led to the 5.33-inch value that officially went in the books. Rick Smith, the warning coordination meteorologist at the National Weather Service office in Norman, Okla., stopped by to investigate the hail while en route to inspect for tornado damage.

What impressed Smith the most was the number of large hailstones that were recovered. In hailstorms, the largest stones often fall among a much greater quantity of smaller hailstones. The fact that multiple five-inch stones were retrieved and that damage was so widely reported, at least locally, highlights the impressive nature of the event.

Residents “were giving me a list of other homes that had damage,” Smith said. “There’s no doubt there were more holes in roofs, more hail damage than we even know about. This was not just one five-inch stone, it was probably multiple four to five-inch stones. That kind of hail is rare, but to get that volume of it is incredibly rare.” ...
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby JuanP » Tue 26 May 2020, 11:03:40

"Siberia in midst of freak heat wave"
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/05/ ... ave-a70369

This Siberian heat wave started in January, and is unprecedented.
Only Americans can hurt America.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 27 May 2020, 12:56:44

"Three days of rain thwart Florida reopening, cause severe flooding"
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1189687.shtml

We've just experienced a rain event here in Miami these past 3 days, and there's more rain coming. The farm's water level is higher than it's been in at least a decade. I had to raise my beehives one foot today because the bottoms were submerged around 6". Fortunately, we're getting loads of free fill coming in regularly and expect the farm to be 100% flood proof in a year. We are raising the ground level 6 feet to 12 feet everywhere except the pond, and creating our own mini watershed using swales and berms to completely separate us from the surface water around us. The pond is part of the aquifer, though, so water will still filter to it through the ground.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 29 May 2020, 04:07:36

Shaved Monkey wrote:We had the coldest winter day in my memory of 20 odd years living in the sub tropics
12 C(53.6F) usually a winters day is 20ish C (68 F)
Today was back to normal

It was the coldest May on record for lots of the State in my area the coldest for 126 years

Even the tropics got Temps in the mid teens (C) which is unheard of

I think it was to do with the cyclone that hit India was sucking cold air up from Antarctica
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Mon 01 Jun 2020, 10:03:30

Weather in the British Isles has been so strange that it isn't British weather anymore.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52877912
Recent weather in the UK has been unprecedented and astounding, scientists say.

The bright weekend has cemented the spring as by far the sunniest on record – and the total will be even higher when the final statistics are in.

Sunshine in the period from March to the end of May has smashed the previous record by a “staggering” amount.

And it is even more extraordinary following a drenching winter, with record rain in February.

Meteorologists say they are amazed at the sudden switch from extreme wet to extreme dry – it is not “British” weather.

I wonder how much can be attributed to the solar minimum or the lockdown that has dramatically reduced airborne pollution.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Planned obsolescence, one of the largest contributors to the man made element of climate change, but the one least discussed: dolanbaker
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 22 Jun 2020, 19:23:42

Britain is becoming Spain, dolan...fairly predictable, actually. Just as Spain Italy and Greece are becoming North Africa/the Sahara.

Speaking of which:

8 am: Preliminary measurements from #SaharanDust in #PuertoRico are between 350-380 ug/m3 (PM10) and AQI estimated 173-237: VERY UNHEALTHY.

According to Dr. Olga Mayol, @UPR_Oficial this is a historic event in PR, unseen in 50-60 years. Image from #Villalba Osvaldo Burgos.

https://twitter.com/adamonzon/status/12 ... 6104006662
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby JuanP » Mon 22 Jun 2020, 22:52:03

Extreme weather will become the new normal all over. Extreme heat, cold, rain, droughts, storms, etc.

dohboi, I remember the first time I experienced heavy African dust here in Miami. I went out one morning and Miami Beach was covered in this incredible very fine ochre dust. Then I read in the paper that it came from the Sahara and had crossed the whole Atlantic Ocean. I was blown away. I have experienced this a couple of times in my 30 years living here, two very different types of dust, one is ochre and the other mustard, very distinctive colors, both very, very fine, and definitely not native to Florida. I read that one comes from the Sahara and the other from the Sahel.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby dohboi » Tue 23 Jun 2020, 09:03:53

Cool. Thanks for the first-hand account.

I had heard of these dust storms out of northern Africa hitting various south European countries, and I know of course that dust from the Sahara is crucial in forming storms and hurricanes over the mid Atlantic.

But I hadn't realized that enough of the stuff could make it all the way across the ocean to cause such a dust-haze in the Caribbean!
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Sweeney » Tue 23 Jun 2020, 11:11:59

Dust from the Sahara is apparently an important source of nutrients for the Amazon rainforest.
Sweeney
Wood
Wood

Unread postby dohboi » Tue 23 Jun 2020, 15:38:08

I believe you're right, Suighne!
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby JuanP » Tue 23 Jun 2020, 22:29:46

I was talking with a local farmer today that told me this Saharan dust cloud is coming to Miami,too. He also told me that the nutrients they bring are important in Florida, too, where many soils have nutrient deficiencies. I will check with the county's extension office to see what they've got to say about it.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate