Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 3

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 3

Unread postby sparky » Sun 15 Dec 2019, 04:46:59

the whole Russian scare is a paper dummy to hypnotize imbeciles
the US are now gripped in some form of new MacCartism ,
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

Unread postby lpetrich » Wed 18 Dec 2019, 15:42:07

jedrider wrote:
Newfie wrote:A decent article on the Media’s treatment of the Afghanistan war. I can’t cut and paste selections but it’s rather brief and worth a quick read.

https://newrepublic.com/article/155977/ ... tan-papers

I read the Washington Post's articles on those papers. It's like the Vietnam War, but it has been continued for much longer. Longer than the Vietnam War itself, and longer than the Soviet Union's involvement in that nation.

A curious bit in it is not being able to tell which side to take - who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?
Well, we seem to have only ONE candidate who wants to be President who will extricate us from these unnecessary wars: Tulsi Gabbard.

Or at least who claims to want to do so.

That seems to be her *only* issue. She isn't interested in any other. She has also decided not to run for re-election to her House seat, something that strikes me as rather odd. Does she expect to be in some Democratic President's Cabinet? What other sort of career might she have?
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby evilgenius » Wed 18 Dec 2019, 16:13:27

lpetrich wrote:
jedrider wrote:
Newfie wrote:A decent article on the Media’s treatment of the Afghanistan war. I can’t cut and paste selections but it’s rather brief and worth a quick read.

https://newrepublic.com/article/155977/ ... tan-papers

I read the Washington Post's articles on those papers. It's like the Vietnam War, but it has been continued for much longer. Longer than the Vietnam War itself, and longer than the Soviet Union's involvement in that nation.

A curious bit in it is not being able to tell which side to take - who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?
Well, we seem to have only ONE candidate who wants to be President who will extricate us from these unnecessary wars: Tulsi Gabbard.

Or at least who claims to want to do so.

That seems to be her *only* issue. She isn't interested in any other. She has also decided not to run for re-election to her House seat, something that strikes me as rather odd. Does she expect to be in some Democratic President's Cabinet? What other sort of career might she have?

For the US to succeed at its goals, it doesn't need to be on the right side. It only needs a reason to be in place in the region, should its military presence one day become important. China is about to tighten the belt. That will make the presence even more, potentially, important.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby sparky » Thu 19 Dec 2019, 05:41:13

meanwhile one step toward the cliff edge ,
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-sena ... ?r=AU&IR=T
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics