Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 12

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 10:15:17

Armageddon wrote:Ouch! The Baltic Dry Index, a measure of commodity shipping costs and often used as a leading econ indicator, keeps falling. Has dropped to 1,090 points, has fallen 15 consecutive days.

OMG!!!! THAT WAS THE ONE USED TO PREDICT PEAK OIL DOOM AS WELL!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! AGAIN!!!
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 10:46:05

Capital Flight: Money Leaving China at Record Rate

Money was leaving the country at a record clip earlier this year through unauthorized channels, according to analysts. That's bad news for China, which needs to keep financial reserves high to maintain confidence in its markets.

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economic ... 6cGBvFcvXQ

The markets are melting up on a rumor that was put out by a Chinese bureaucrat that a trade deal with the US was coming, and this is all happening while money is pouring out of China. It is so reassuring to know that the machines have it all under control.

Not only are the markets totally rigged, the riggers are rigged. The coming depression will not be televised.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 11:34:51

shortonoil wrote:. The coming depression will not be televised.

So what. Kubby provided the details of the bet you lost, the one you want to pretend to have forgotten about, when are you going to pay up?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 12:39:13

onlooker wrote:the future has just about arrived.

Another day, another dull rewording of "the end is nigh".

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 12:43:29

So what. Kubby provided the details of the bet you lost, the one you want to pretend to have forgotten about, when are you going to pay up?

Well hello, Miss Grundy! Seven years later, and you still think you can stick your nose into everyone's business? Why don't you mind to your own problems; you sure have a pile of them. If you didn't spend so much time with your nose up other people's butt you could learn something about oil.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs_Grundy

With the world debt situation as it is, and getting worse one blow out, like China, will bring the whole thing down. The 1998 dot com crash that brought the entire world to its knees started in Thailand, a country with a GDP smaller than the Bronx.

shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 13:50:29

shortonoil wrote:

Well hello, Miss Grundy! Seven years later, and you still think you can stick your nose into everyone's business?

The quality of forum posters matters to us all. Welshers are welshers. You imply there wasn't a bet, and within 2 posts the person you lost to shows up and demonstrates that when it comes to character, you ain't it.

Pay up deadbeat.

shortonoil wrote:Why don't you mind to your own problems; you sure have a pile of them. If you didn't spend so much time with your nose up other people's butt you could learn something about oil.

I've already forgotten more about oil than you'll ever know.

Is that why you made all your pseudo science nonsense disappear, other folks found out as well? Someone at work discover your hobby and begin sending dunce cap memes around the office email attached to your name?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 16:31:21

back to the thread topic.

B A U

CONTINUES

APACE!

https://markets.businessinsider.com/com ... 1028785277

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 16:53:52

trump can't tout mfg b/c it's in a recession - so the only thing he has is a stock market supported by qe-4.

QE to infinity

Don’t be surprised if we see DOW 30k prior to the election. Hell, maybe 35k. But at the same time, we’ll see ZIRP, QE4 and GDP near zero.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 17:47:01

Armageddon wrote:trump can't tout mfg b/c it's in a recession - so the only thing he has is a stock market supported by qe-4.

QE to infinity

Don’t be surprised if we see DOW 30k prior to the election. Hell, maybe 35k. But at the same time, we’ll see ZIRP, QE4 and GDP near zero.

Yet in the real world, real economists aren't saying GDP near zero, if you look at credible sources instead of doomsday arm wavers on youtube who are often even more ignorant, if possible, than you re economics.

And you, re this thread and the past 15 years of bad predictions making calls on the stock market is as absurd as it seems.

But yeah, we should believe you know more than the Fed about future interest rates. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 19:30:03

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Armageddon wrote:trump can't tout mfg b/c it's in a recession - so the only thing he has is a stock market supported by qe-4.

QE to infinity

Yet in the real world, real economists aren't saying GDP near zero, if you look at credible sources instead of doomsday arm wavers on youtube who are often even more ignorant, if possible, than you re economics.

And you, re this thread and the past 15 years of bad predictions making calls on the stock market is as absurd as it seems.

But yeah, we should believe you know more than the Fed about future interest rates. :roll:

The same FED who said they weren’t going to cut rates, but keep raising them, when I said they’d definitely cut, and more that once.

Yeah, keep believing their lies.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 19:34:24

The Repo/credit crisis is bigger than 08. I get laughed at for being labeled a pessimist by the stooges in here. This is so big, that it’s beyond people to comprehend. I promise you, In the end, this will blow up, And I will be proven correct and all trolls and critics will be silenced once and for all

Hope you are buying gold and silver
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 19:41:38

Outcast_Searcher wrote:But yeah, we should believe you know more than the Fed about future interest rates. :roll:

Hey..he's the richest poster on this forum!! That has to count for something. Like...his parents were really smart, and rich...or....he plays the lottery regularly...and won! Or, he found a bag of cash on the roadside...?

We know for certain it has nothing to do with normal economic activity or investing prowess!
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 19:46:07

Armageddon wrote:Yeah, keep believing their lies.

As opposed to yours and the ones you parrot from Alex Jones? How about that Sandy Hook thing, has Alex Jones got you convinced it didn't happen?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 19:52:41

Armageddon wrote: I get laughed at for being labeled a pessimist by the stooges in here.

You get laughed at for using Alex Jones as your go-to guy for information. And not for being a pessimist, but a perma-doomer regardless of what the markets are doing.

Those of us who haven't spoken so highly of Alex Jones aren't the stooges there Army.

Armageddon wrote:This is so big, that it’s beyond people to comprehend.

Yeah, you were saying that 15 years ago as well.

Armageddon wrote: I promise you, In the end, this will blow up, And I will be proven correct and all trolls and critics will be silenced once and for all

A recession will certainly occur at some point in time. You claimed the last one was the end of the world as well. You can see why normal folks might be a bit skeptical of you saying the same thing over and over again and when it doesn't happen, doubling down as somewhat of a looney tunes exercise, right?

Armageddon wrote:Hope you are buying gold and silver

Why? That isn't how I made a mint after the last recession, equities whooped it up over PMs all over the place. Why would you recommend such a lousy money making strategy? Being the richest poster on this forum, you certainly didn't do it following that nonsense advice.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 20:22:12

Please, could someone explain to me what you are going to do with gold and silver if the market falls apart completely like the doomers keep predicting?
Who wants gold? It has limited uses other than pretty jewelry. It's role as a backup reserve currency is artificial. When the wolves are at the door you will need something else to barter other than gold...food, water, ammunition etc. Or some petrol for someone to put in their weird apocalyptic dune buggy. Look what happened with Gold from 2014 to 2016....make a bad bet on this and you are not a happy camper. Personally I prefer to invest in commodities that people actually need...i.e. energy, whether that be oil, gas, coal, nuclear, wind, water, food (by corollary) etc.

OH, and as an aside if you are really worried about the market falling apart completely then put in stop losses on the stocks you have. Don't set them too high as in a seriously falling market it will be harder to fill the order but if you can't personally deal with a 20% drop (bull market) then set a stop loss somewhere above that. If you're smart you will also set a price by which you will buy back those shares. That strategy would have done well for you in 2008 through to recovery.

MY guess here is we will know exactly where the market is going in the first two weeks in 2020. There will be further noise come the months leading up to the election but if the selling isn't crazy in January and the trade deals haven't all gone south it is hard to come up with something that is a "tomorrow" worry to my mind.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 21:14:14

With more rate cuts, as I’m predicting, and I will be right again, the markets will keep breaking records. Then, you will see the biggest crash in history. You just better know when to cash out. I’m pretty sure they can keep it going until the election with more cuts, massive QE and massive repo money.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 23:44:30

Armageddon wrote:With more rate cuts, as I’m predicting, and I will be right again, the markets will keep breaking records.

And you are posting this opinion in a stock market crash thread....why then?

Armageddon wrote: Then, you will see the biggest crash in history.

Sure. You've been saying the same thing for 15 years now....you got an estimate on how many more decades we've got? Did Alex Jones clue you in with some secrets?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Fri 27 Dec 2019, 00:05:09

So Armageddon is predicting both record highs and a crash. Such useful investing information. LOL How could a person go wrong with such useful insights?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 27 Dec 2019, 00:40:48

Cog wrote:So Armageddon is predicting both record highs and a crash. Such useful investing information. LOL How could a person go wrong with such useful insights?

Look who agrees with me

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-ma ... MgUI3eiRbz
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 27 Dec 2019, 04:03:03

Armageddon wrote:I’m pretty sure they can keep it going until the election

Then why do you feel the need to keep posting every single day as if the shoe is gonna drop any minute?

#GotAttentionWhoring?

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance