Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 12

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 10:15:59

I'm fairly convinced that economic doomers are radical left wingers. They fantasize about the great reckoning where bankers and the rich are marched through the street for our abuse and ridicule. Of course, left unsaid, is how they benefit personally from such a reckoning when the rich and powerful are brought low. Everyone loses in such a situation and the doomer crowd should get on their knees and thank whatever God they worship that BAU continues as long as possible.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 10:44:16

Cog wrote:I'm fairly convinced that economic doomers are radical left wingers. They fantasize about the great reckoning where bankers and the rich are marched through the street for our abuse and ridicule. Of course, left unsaid, is how they benefit personally from such a reckoning when the rich and powerful are brought low. Everyone loses in such a situation and the doomer crowd should get on their knees and thank whatever God they worship that BAU continues as long as possible.

+1

Whatever group the doomers are, they'd rather spew hate of the system and hope for it to fail.

In the real world, their jaded fantasies about them doing well while nearly everyone else dies are just ludicrous.

They might be able to hang out for a month or three, but reality is a bitch, and the fantasy that they will never need advanced medical care, or that they can shoot everyone that goes near their property under any circumstance, etc. would be for naught in the vast majority of cases.

One simple example a friend of mine mentions is how in time, one's clothes will rot. Then what, considering how few of us have serious clothes making skills, much less equipment? Steal from the abandoned houses of the dead? So much for the staying at one's doomstead plan.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 10:51:48

Cog wrote:I'm continually being told I am being exploited and I should feel bad that rich people exist. But yet, I am comfortably retired and do pretty much what I want to do. Considering the bulk of the planets population live in some sort of abject poverty and struggle, I consider this a sizable win for me. Boomers in the middle class have benefited greatly from the economy.

At least in America you make a lot of your own luck and fortune and there is considerable blame to be had if you don't. And guess what, most of that blame falls squarely on your own shoulders.

Ah. But to do that, you have to APPLY yourself. And you have to be fortunate enough to have the health and brains to be able to do that over time. (Which most people actually do, despite the left's insistence in the nanny state).

Apparently, the American far left hates you for having the temerity to be successful, so they push to take all they can from you to punish you, and give it to the "poor" who can't or won't do that, for whatever reason.

And at the same time they often claim the entire GOP is evil for not thinking like they do. Not exactly a rational approach there.

Of course, the system we have is sort of a messy compromise. A big problem is that the left wants to continually move the system ever further left, despite all the issues with the disincentive to work that entails.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby shortonoil » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 11:12:12

Monetary stimulus isn't working anymore. The central banks are losing control.

The growing debt will soon overwhelm them. They almost lost it in the last repo crisis. It took ¾ of a $trillion to stop that from collapsing the world's banking system, and the banking industry is running out of assets to pledge. With $300 trillion in debt hanging over our heads, it is the best economy ever! Merry Christmas, and happy April Fools Day.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 11:14:16

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Cog wrote:I'm fairly convinced that economic doomers are radical left wingers. They fantasize about the great reckoning where bankers and the rich are marched through the street for our abuse and ridicule. Of course, left unsaid, is how they benefit personally from such a reckoning when the rich and powerful are brought low. Everyone loses in such a situation and the doomer crowd should get on their knees and thank whatever God they worship that BAU continues as long as possible.

+1

Whatever group the doomers are, they'd rather spew hate of the system and hope for it to fail.

In the real world, their jaded fantasies about them doing well while nearly everyone else dies are just ludicrous.

They might be able to hang out for a month or three, but reality is a bitch, and the fantasy that they will never need advanced medical care, or that they can shoot everyone that goes near their property under any circumstance, etc. would be for naught in the vast majority of cases.

One simple example a friend of mine mentions is how in time, one's clothes will rot. Then what, considering how few of us have serious clothes making skills, much less equipment? Steal from the abandoned houses of the dead? So much for the staying at one's doomstead plan.

I’m probably the wealthiest person in here, why would I hope it fails? I’m not hoping for anything, I just know it’s going to. It’s inevitable. Debt is going vertical
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sys1 » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 13:10:04

It's not because we are doomers that we are very happy about knowing the civilisation is collapsing neither we will survive easily.
Nevertheless, many of my choices are depending on peak oil, and it helped me living well while many people are heading south fast. What I mean?
No heavy debt, avoiding spending money on useless things, changing some of my money for gold (no more than 10%), getting far from stock markets, living in house next to public transports, sharing it with one great mother to get more money for family and not for the individual way of life, gardening and holding chickens for free eggs and some food, learning how to repair many things by myself, getting a crisis proof job (elementary school teacher)...
All those things put together helped a lot. Without knowing about peak oil, my choices would have been far different and my current way of living would be far poorer.
Sys1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby shortonoil » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 13:47:05

It's not because we are doomers that we are very happy about knowing the civilisation is collapsing neither we will survive easily..........

Wise man. The risks are not worth doing otherwise. Ignoring risks should left to Kamikaze pilots, and fools.

shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 17:48:11

Armageddon wrote:I’m probably the wealthiest person in here, why would I hope it fails? I’m not hoping for anything, I just know it’s going to. It’s inevitable.

It's been inevitable since you began saying it was already happening 15 years ago. Back then, you weren't claiming to be rich either, other than having a $450G house. Did you bet against the kind of five alarm dumpster fire nonsense you have been incessantly parroting here during all the time in between?

Armageddon wrote: Debt is going vertical

Yup..folks said that when Ronny was President. We're all still here, you managed to get rich within 15 years with still increasing debt, and you managed all of this without learning that "vertical" is hardly a comment on the stock market crash topic we are in...with a stock market not crashing.

You ever plan on starting an economics thread than rather than posting random financial movements in a stock market crashing thread when stock markets aren't crashing? You must have gotten rich by inheriting, because you sure didn't manage it by knowing ANYTHING related to finance, the markets in general, economics or anything else of value in the modern world.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 18:20:08

Time to short the Market, you hear that Cog.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/420455 ... -you-think
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 18:47:16

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:I’m probably the wealthiest person in here, why would I hope it fails? I’m not hoping for anything, I just know it’s going to. It’s inevitable.

It's been inevitable since you began saying it was already happening 15 years ago. Back then, you weren't claiming to be rich either, other than having a $450G house. Did you bet against the kind of five alarm dumpster fire nonsense you have been incessantly parroting here during all the time in between?

Armageddon wrote: Debt is going vertical

Yup..folks said that when Ronny was President. We're all still here, you managed to get rich within 15 years with still increasing debt, and you managed all of this without learning that "vertical" is hardly a comment on the stock market crash topic we are in...with a stock market not crashing.

You ever plan on starting an economics thread than rather than posting random financial movements in a stock market crashing thread when stock markets aren't crashing? You must have gotten rich by inheriting, because you sure didn't manage it by knowing ANYTHING related to finance, the markets in general, economics or anything else of value in the modern world.

Since I don’t know anything, are you going to take me up on the bet I offered? We will see more rate cuts in 2020. If so, you can’t post here any longer. If not, I won’t post here any longer.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 20:23:41

Armageddon wrote:Since I don’t know anything.....

...in terms of finance, economics, etc etc.

Surely you must know SOMETHING, being the richest poster on this forum. Just nothing on the topics you have been pimping as end of the world mechanisms for 15+ years now.

Armegeddon wrote:.... are you going to take me up on the bet I offered? We will see more rate cuts in 2020. If so, you can’t post here any longer. If not, I won’t post here any longer.

Sorry, but I am a sporadic visitor nowadays. I must have missed when you posted a potential bet.

So..you made a statement..we will see more rate cuts in 2020. I assume I am supposed to take the other side. The prize being the ability to keep posting.

Let me think for a moment....mostly irrelevant metric in the greater scheme....could go either way.....completely useless within the context of peak oil....ummm.... NOPE. No bet.

How about an alternative bet? One you completely have control over, and will completely eliminate me from bothering you again? Knowing that after 15 years of you posting the same financial and economics things causing doom next week, and doom never coming, and all of them a harbinger of doom according to you, how about this? If you can stop this kind of nonsense parrot posting for 6 months, I will cease posting. If you let slip a single financial/economic comment, so much as a WHINE, at any time from now, until 6 months from now, you will cease posting.

If nothing else, the forum will be a better place for 6 months for all of us. This bet can easily be accepted, and won, by anyone who isn't a parrot. My bet of course is that once a parrot, always a parrot. So..I'm betting on you not being able to be anyone else except..you.

How does that sound as a sure winner for you? Well, it sounds like that way to anyone who isn't a doom parrot anyway.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 20:39:17

Better yet, on Jan 1 I will start a new thread for the incoming financial collapse. This way, you don’t have to click on it. But, im sure you will. I think deep down you guys know that im right. Id be scared too if I were you. Ive been telling you people to prep. Id rather be a few years too early, than a day too late.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 20:49:06

Armageddon wrote:Better yet, on Jan 1 I will start a new thread for the incoming financial collapse.

How is that better? You'll just keep posting the same stats you have been for 15 years, and plagiarizing anything Alex Jones tells you, like you always have?

Armageddon wrote: This way, you don’t have to click on it.

I don't click on click bait anyway, so you changing your format doesn't magically change you from being a parrot to something else.

Armageddon wrote: But, im sure you will. I think deep down you guys know that im right.

Well, you sure have the broken clock routine down pretty well, so sooner or later there will undoubtedly be a recession, and you'll declare victory. Until it turns out to be a recession, and then you'll be right back at the broken clock routine. Like last time.

Armageddon wrote: Id be scared too if I were you.

Why? I made a KILLING off the last recession, and I expect to do the same off the next one. A rising tide floats all boats, but when there is blood in the streets, cash is king and there mucho dinero to be made.

Armageddon wrote:Ive been telling you people to prep.

and that the world is going to end. FOR FIFTEEN YEARS. You want to begin all of your doomer statements now with "...past bad calls, doom parroting and reality exposing my ignorance of anything economic or financial should be ignored because THIS time it must be true!"?

Armageddon wrote: Id rather be a few years too early, than a day too late.

Be specific now. 15 years so far too early. But like I said...a broken clock gets to be right twice a day...so you just keep it up...maybe with you it will be once in 20 years?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 20:57:24

onlooker wrote:Time to short the Market, you hear that Cog.

I have a better idea. YOU short the market and report back how much money you made. As for me, I manage my risk through diversifying. I've seen recessions and bull markets alike. But my basic strategy remains the same.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 21:08:01

Armageddon wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:

+1

I’m probably the wealthiest person in here, why would I hope it fails? I’m not hoping for anything, I just know it’s going to. It’s inevitable. Debt is going vertical

Inheriting a large trust fund doesn't make you brilliant re economics. Especially if all you know is the word debt, and can't use reasonable context for that, year after year after year.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 21:22:09

Cog wrote:
onlooker wrote:Time to short the Market, you hear that Cog.

I have a better idea. YOU short the market and report back how much money you made. As for me, I manage my risk through diversifying. I've seen recessions and bull markets alike. But my basic strategy remains the same.

Ah onlooker. So much economic cluelessness.

First, random clowns on Seeking Alpha don't necessarily know more than, say, you or armageddon.

Second, the article you quote starts out talking about Elliot Wave stuff. Well, doomers love it, but like doomerism, it has about the worst track record IMAGINABLE over time. Like Robert Prechter, the famous Elliot Wave "theorist", dead last in a long list of famous clowns who sell financial advice over the past several decades.

And besides, you don't even get it. This guy isn't predicting the end of days. He's predicting a bear market -- at some point. Fine, but that doesn't mean that "advice" is in any way practical, any more than listening to doomers for the last 40 years and being constantly short the market (and losing a TON of money over time) would have been.

And it's not like they're smart enough to get back in after awhile. Early 2009 was a fantastic entry point for the stock markets, but the doomosphere was jabbering about instadoom harder than ever. And has been ever since, even as the S&P 500 Index has nearly QUINTUPLED from its low in March 2009 (3223 / 666). Oh, and that doesn't include dividends.

So yeah, like Cog says -- first PROVE you can make good money shorting the market with real audited results using real money. THEN get back to us with your sage advice.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 08:31:48

Ouch! The Baltic Dry Index, a measure of commodity shipping costs and often used as a leading econ indicator, keeps falling. Has dropped to 1,090 points, has fallen 15 consecutive days.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 08:54:56

So yeah, like Cog says -- first PROVE you can make good money shorting the market with real audited results using real money. THEN get back to us with your sage advice.

The next time the market crashes the central banks will have lost control. You can use the money you made to paper your bathroom wall.

We are at the end of the oil age, and the end of this monetary system. We could have petered out slowly, but the elite decided for everyone to push it into the abyss.

shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 09:19:53

shortonoil wrote:

The next time the market crashes the central banks will have lost control. You can use the money you made to paper your bathroom wall.

We are at the end of the oil age, and the end of this monetary system. We could have petered out slowly, but the elite decided for everyone to push it into the abyss.

Yes, they decided to rob posterity for the sake of the present. Well, the future has just about arrived. Witnessing the reaction of the deniers PRICELESS
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 09:45:34

onlooker you have no idea what we are denying or affirming. Do you think us long term investors do not understand recessions and bear markets? I've personally lived through multiple recessions and extended stagnant markets. But yet I'm still here. What you doomers want to invoke is a picture of Mad Max and mutant zombie bikers. Any reasonable person rejects that sort of thing.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance