Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 2

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 19:01:43

jedrider wrote:
Cog wrote:Sanguis enim sanguis. Dems shouldn't open a door they don't want to enter.

I think it's going swimmingly for them. How would you NOT get that impression, as I must wonder about your non-attachment to reality.

I read the phone transcript with the Ukrainian president. Did you? Tell me the crime involved and specify the US code violation. I also have watched all the public testimony. No where did any witness say that Trump threatened to withhold aid unless Ukraine investigated Joe Biden. If you believe differently then point me to the part of the testimony proving it. All the testimony is available on line. Show me the paragraph and page proving a crime
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 20:27:33

Dem's have opened the door wide open. I thing they found way more than even they would have suspected. Actually, quite jaw dropping, all of it.

You try to make it into a non-event when it IS the event. All the world is watching.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 20:47:33

There it is, folks. Reality-distortion field.

Point to the non-hearsay evidence. Go ahead we will all wait. Given there isn't any this should be interesting. You do know what hearsay means don't you?

The stock witch-hunt defense. Weak sauce.

I guess you are also illiterate as well. Immediately after inauguration The Independent and The Washington Post both reported on efforts to get Trump impeached with the reasoning of conflict of interest. Not long after that, the ImpeachDonaldTrumpNow.org site was created by liberal advocacy groups. In February immediately following the inauguration Jerry Nadler (who is now prominent in trying to get Trump impeached) filed H.Con.Res.5 which sought to have Trump divest of all his holdings or face impeachment. And then in March Maxine Waters tweeted “get ready for impeachment”. So yes, the Democrats have been trying to impeach since the election. Either your mind is shut off to what is going on or you can’t be bothered to read anything you don’t find on CNN
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 21:42:59

Dems couldn't stand that their choice lost the election. Everything follows.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 21:57:10

You'd think the Ds would've brought in legal scholars to discuss the legal criteria for impeachment. Instead, they brought in more fantastically partisan Ds. One of the D "scholars" is such a fanatic Trump hater that she even attacked 13 year old Baron Trump.

snarky-bisexual-impeachment-witness-attack-barron-trump

In the name of decency, the partisan attacks in DC stop when it comes to minor children. But not for the Ds in 2019 who are crazy to impeach Trump. For them, attacking 13 year olds on National Television is just another attack on Trump.

Eventually the wacko D witness apologized.......but even in her apology she attacked Trump.

SHEESH! Where are the Ds getting these loonies?!?!?!?!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 21:58:33

Part of the Democrat impeachment report was Schiffs subpoena of every Republican conversation that occurred concerning Ukraine.

So once again a Democrat opposition is spying on American citizens. Not only did the Obama Administration spy on the Trump campaign, but the Democratic house is spying on Republican opposition to the impeachment.
What the Democrats are doing is nothing less then soviet-style kangaroo courts with a verdict that was already written 2 years ago
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:01:46

The attack on Barron Trump, the son of the president, by this supposed constitutional lawyer is beyond the pale. But I would not expect anything different from a partisan attack by people who simply hate Trump.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:08:27

jedrider wrote:Republicans are getting strident, as on my drive, I just had to tune into the impeachment hearings a little.

Either 1. The facts are not true or 2. The facts do not lead to an impeachable offense, but give me a break, please choose one or the other :-)

Here, let me reword that for you: 1. The facts are not true 2. Even IF the facts were true, it would STILL not be an impeachable offense.

Did that help?
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:21:03

Constitutional lawyer Feldman claimed that President Trump could be impeached for tweeting that Mainstream media was fake news.

Is this really the standard for impeachment that you Dems are going to hold to?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:28:00

Why don't you Dems just ask the president of Ukraine to testify. He has already said three times publicly he wasn't pressured to do anything for Trump. How do you have bribery or coercion if the other party to the conversation says there was not?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:42:53

asg70 wrote:I said we're headed towards dictatorship, not that we're there yet, but attitudes like yours (that wants "your side" to be above the law when in office) will hasten this transition. Doomers should know about frogs boiling in pots, right?

Well this doomer knows the whole frog thing is clearly untrue. Cold blooded animals thermoregulate by moving.

Back on topic, you seem to have a "Tribal" Fetish. I'm pretty certain the Reps don't think in tribal terms, that fantasy is left to the Dems.

I hear DT has a thirty percent and rising support from black voters, This is the highest approval rating for a Republican since President Eisenhower. I thought he was a RACIST!!!! :roll:
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:49:00

Oh my God. We can't have black people leaving the Democrat plantation of assured votes. That would be absolute chaos.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:56:57

But on the topic of obstruction, show me Dems in the Constitution that the executive branch must cooperate into an investigation into itself. If the executive branch does not comply with subpoenas to either testify or provide documents to Congress then the court system is the remedy.

However the Dems have said they don't have time to go to the court system to get a ruling on executive privilege. Why do they not have time?Are we in a hurry for some reason? In both the Clinton and Nixon impeachment various challenges of executive privilege were settled by the judicuary. The Democrat controlled House could avail themselves of that same venue but have refused. Why?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 23:47:57

I see that Trump followers are in Deep fantasy land. Some have awakened but, clearly, not all.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 05 Dec 2019, 02:57:18

Cog wrote:Oh my God. We can't have black people leaving the Democrat plantation of assured votes. That would be absolute chaos.

The Ds are doing it to themselves.....

Kamala Harris just dropped out of the D primary because of all the racism she encountered (or so her followers are saying ) and Cory Booker is also saying the Ds are racist because he's not in the next TV debate and the other two candidates of color, Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang, are also being excluded by the Ds, who have devised a racist scheme that will only allow white candidates in the next TV debate.

As Cory Booker says, the next D presidential debate will have more billionaires on the stage then black people.

Cory Booker is angry that the Ds are excluding black people from the TV debates
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Thu 05 Dec 2019, 02:58:34

jedrider wrote:I see that Trump followers are in Deep fantasy land. Some have awakened but, clearly, not all.

You think with your emotions.
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Thu 05 Dec 2019, 06:11:14

You know the Dems are desperate when they invoke the Founders as justification to impeach Trump. The Dems never had any use for what those old white slave owners had to say until now. Especially when it comes to our Second Amendment rights.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 05 Dec 2019, 07:01:57

Cog wrote:Dems were asking for the impeachment of Donald Trump before the election, before the Mueller report, after the Mueller report, before the Ukraine phone call and after. Should I list the quotes for you and time stamps since you are too lazy to look them up Dems?

This thread was started by Pops on:

November 22, 2016.

countdown-to-impeachment-pt-1-t77260.html
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 05 Dec 2019, 09:56:03

rockdoc123 wrote:Immediately after inauguration The Independent and The Washington Post both reported on efforts to get Trump impeached with the reasoning of conflict of interest

None of this would have yielded fruit if Donald Trump had not provided it to them. The blame is being misplaced. Trump is corrupt and incompetent, period. The rogues gallery of his underlings who have been investigated or convicted alone is proof positive that the fish rots from the head down. Donald Trump got elected on the basis of draining the swamp when in fact he IS the swamp. The impeachment is merely him getting what he very well deserves. All this flailing around over perceived bias can't distract from the above. Likewise, for every argument that the Ds have it in for Trump, an equal argument can be made that the Rs would look the other way or defend him matter what Trump does. And that is the whole reason why Rs mount the witch-hunt defense in the first place. So it all goes down to the evidence, of which there is more than enough to impeach. To think otherwise is to be in the tank for Trump. But of course, nobody sees this because they live in their tribal reality bubble.

He will most likely be impeached and the Rs will defend him by refusing to kick him from office. The public will then assess the fallout in the next election. But arguing about it on a forum like this ain't gonna change things at this late stage in the game.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Thu 05 Dec 2019, 10:23:14

What specific impeachable crime has Donald Trump committed? Crimes committed by his associates are not part of this particular discussion. Although I would make the case that people like Flynn committed no crime at all because his interactions with the FBI were driven by an attempt by the deep state to disrupt the Trump presidency.

Does the left suddenly have amnesia about Strozk's insurance policy in the event that Trump got elected? Strozk was second in command at FBI counter-intelligence. But now he is the left's hero.

"“I want to believe the path you threw out in Andy’s [McCabe's] office—that there’s no way he gets elected—but I’m afraid we can’t take the risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.”
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion