Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 2

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 25 Nov 2019, 19:12:07

Back on topic.

Hey, Plant, if Ukraine isn't enough to justify impeachment, ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/25/politics ... index.html

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 25 Nov 2019, 21:20:35

asg70 wrote:Hey, Plant, if Ukraine isn't enough to justify impeachment.....

Hey asg/mos/ennui.

I heard a D on PBS claiming that Ukraine was exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the impeachment clause in the Constitution.

I thought it was one of the most delusional statements I'd ever heard.

The Founding Fathers never dreamed that the United States would one day be giving hundreds of millions in aid to foreign countries like Ukraine, much less that a president could be impeached for asking Ukraine to clean up their rampant corruption before the aid is delivered. Giving money to Ukraine would be about the last thing the Founding Fathers had in mind when they were writing the impeachment clause.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 25 Nov 2019, 22:14:58

Plantagenet wrote:
asg70 wrote:Hey, Plant, if Ukraine isn't enough to justify impeachment.....

Hey asg/mos/ennui.

I heard a D on PBS claiming that Ukraine was exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the impeachment clause in the Constitution.

I thought it was one of the most delusional statements I'd ever heard.

The Founding Fathers never dreamed that the United States would one day be giving hundreds of millions in aid to foreign countries like Ukraine, much less that a president could be impeached for asking Ukraine to clean up their rampant corruption before the aid is delivered. Giving money to Ukraine would be about the last thing the Founding Fathers had in mind when they were writing the impeachment clause.

Cheers!

They were more worried about France, England and Spain. The U.S. wasn't wealthy, but we had plenty of land and resources.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 25 Nov 2019, 23:47:21

Plantagenet wrote:Giving money to Ukraine would be about the last thing the Founding Fathers had in mind when they were writing the impeachment clause.

It's called a reverse-bribe. You know that damn well and all your bloviating is pure press-secretary spin-control.

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 02:50:36

asg70 wrote:It's called a reverse-bribe. You know that damn well

You're wrong, as usual. I've never heard of a "reverse-bribe."

So please answer a couple of question for me.....why do you make all this stuff up?

And why the swearing? what are you so angry about it?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 03:42:27

When hasn't the left been rabidly angry about Trump? Trump Derangement Syndrome is a real thing.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 08:41:35

Plantagenet wrote:I've never heard of a "reverse-bribe."

Pressure is pressure whether it's the carrot (a bribe) or a stick (a threat) or a threat to remove a carrot in this case. Call it whatever you like.

Your whole rhetorical tactic here, which is the same as the republicans, amounts to nothing more than an attempt at a jedi mind-trick.

I know spin when I see it. All it does is confirm that you're in the tank for Trump.

Plantagenet wrote:what are you so angry about it?

Now, where have I heard that before?

Raising emotions is what trolls want most of all.

It must be really boring up there in Alaska to feel the need to yank people's chains on a forum like this.
Last edited by asg70 on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 08:50:40, edited 2 times in total.

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 08:45:44

Pressure to investigate corruption before you send $400 million dollars to a foreign country doesn't sound all that bad to me. Obama send pallets of cash to Iran as part of his Iran deal but I didn't hear the left squawking about that. Oh that's right, I can't ever mention Obama since he was the chosen one.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 12:25:15

Funny that. I have a friend and his wife says that exact thing. “You can’t talk bad about Obama, he’s my man!” And she means it, she gets very angry if you say anything negative about Obama.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 17:22:10

The Ds are starting to crack --- D Congresscritter announces she won't vote to impeach to Trump

schiff-hits-fan-first-house-democrat-publicly-opposes-impeachment

I wonder how many other Ds will be courageous enough to put their country above their party and vote against this partisan impeachment effort being pushed by Pelosi and Schiff.

Of course now that the national polling is showing voters turning against the D impeachment circus, it has become a little easier for individual Ds to find enough courage to stand up to the D mob and oppose impeachment.

HooRAY for the Ds in Congress who are brave enough to put their country ahead of party and stand up the Pelosi-Schiff partisan D impeachment mob

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 09:37:40

Plantagenet wrote:The Ds are starting to crack --- D Congresscritter announces she won't vote to impeach to Trump

schiff-hits-fan-first-house-democrat-publicly-opposes-impeachment

I wonder how many other Ds will be courageous enough to put their country above their party and vote against this partisan impeachment effort being pushed by Pelosi and Schiff.

Of course now that the national polling is showing voters turning against the D impeachment circus, it has become a little easier for individual Ds to find enough courage to stand up to the D mob and oppose impeachment.

HooRAY for the Ds in Congress who are brave enough to put their country ahead of party and stand up the Pelosi-Schiff partisan D impeachment mob

Cheers!

Given that the House leadership forced her to recant her stance on Monday, 2 days ago, this article is just as timely and useful as anything else Zero publishes.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 14:57:37

Plantagenet wrote:The Ds are starting to crack

In your dreams.

Here's a reminder of the character of the person you keep defending, a pathological liar.

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 16:34:24

Newfie wrote:Funny that. I have a friend and his wife says that exact thing. “You can’t talk bad about Obama, he’s my man!” And she means it, she gets very angry if you say anything negative about Obama.

Well, with thinking like that, I begin to understand why, out of the blue, I would be called a "racist" for criticizing Obama when he would blatantly break various campaign promises.

The 95% or so of the folks living in my apartment complex at the time who were anything but typical European ancestry white folks who I mentioned that to thought that was hilarious, BTW. Also, pointing out I'd voted for the man didn't change the opinions of the commenters saying "racism" in a knee-jerk way. (They'd just add the charge of "liar".) So, so clever. :roll:

I suppose we all have some huge blind spots.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 20:10:51

In a reply to a group email I called Hillary a “bitch” and was then forcefully attacked as being a misogynist racist. A whole bunch jumped on the pile with calls to action to raise awareness of all our raciest tendencies.

This from a group whose slogan is “Act so as to bring out the best in others.”

BFS
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 06:38:59

I’m starting to get the sense that the impeachment is fizzling out.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dissident » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 10:13:20

asg70 wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:The Ds are starting to crack

In your dreams.

Here's a reminder of the character of the person you keep defending, a pathological liar.

The Party is right and everyone must obey the Party.

In case it is not clear, your party does not even represent 50% of the US population including the eligible voters.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 10:15:33

Newfie wrote:In a reply to a group email I called Hillary a “bitch” and was then forcefully attacked as being a misogynist racist. A whole bunch jumped on the pile with calls to action to raise awareness of all our raciest tendencies.

This from a group whose slogan is “Act so as to bring out the best in others.”

BFS

These are the NPC drones who worship their beloved, dear leaders. These sorts of people do not think for themselves and are the brown shirt volunteers of the forces of oppression. You can see how such vermin lubricate dictatorships around the world throughout history.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 10:49:58

Dissident, your partisanship and tribal loyalty is exactly what's bringing us to the brink of dictatorship.

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 30 Nov 2019, 22:18:55

dissident wrote: your party does not even represent 50% of the US population including the eligible voters.

Even less (or should that be fewer?).

In either case, the Greens were under 1% in the last US Presidential election.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sun 01 Dec 2019, 10:25:24

All the eligible voters that did not vote (45%) constitute a bloc that does not automatically belong to either the D. or R. parties. Some of them are actually potential voters for either party. But at least 20% if not more than 30% would choose a third party and/or are voting against both D. and R. parties with their feet. So all the BS about Killary getting most of the popular vote is a joke.
dissident
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion