Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 1

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 20:12:07

Your failure to see Obama as a slimeball speaks volumes to me. Its either blind loyalty to his progressive vision or intentional ignorance. Fast and Furious ring a bell or perhaps using the IRS to stop conservative PACS from campaigning? Or destabilizing Syria and Libya and causing the largest refugee problem ever for Europe.

Oh but Obama is the intelligent one. You can not be serious.The man was a walking and talking disaster.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 20:49:29

I will try but I doubt I can break your hermetically sealed polarized world view.

In spanish there is a saying about being "listo" as apposed to being cerebral. It is related to street smarts. Some good salesmen are intellectually not the sharpest tack in the shed but are super "listo" , super street smart and can outperform far smarter folks in sales performance. This is Trump. he is super street smart in this primitive way. Intellectually a retard. Obama on the other hand was academic and ideologically compromised because of his liberal progressive education, being an African American and focusing primarily on his place in history as the first African American president. He was intellectually very very smart but had no heat, very little street smarts. Streetsmart folks, those who are "listo" are often slimebags also because they live in a very primitive ego world of power. Obama was comparatively very cerebral. A big failure in geo politics though because he lacked those street smarts.

That is a quick 5 minute explanation Cog. Do you get it? Do you see political polarization here?
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 20:52:22

Trump has baggage because I had salesman in Latin America a lot like him. I know this personality. They have no ethics and will railroad through "deals" because they love power.
I predict Trump has many skeletons in his closet for this reason.

His complete disregard for procedures is classic. He wont survive. Politics is all about procedures.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 21:02:27

Geez, I can't believe I am spending time on this. I left the business world a long time ago but I had very good instincts about human nature and that was the source of my success. I am also half italian and have some mafia roots. That enabled me to negotiate "deals" in Latin America.

I have some slimebag blood in my veins as well :)
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 21:18:01

Obama sucked as a politician because he didn't do deals. He just stayed in his ivory tower of intellectual progressivism and didn't reach out and make deals. He was not driven by a primitive ego actually.

Trump could be a great president because he has those streetsmarts but he gets in the way of execution. His ego volatility is pathological and he is his worst enemy. It is painful to watch how childish he grasps for praise. This guy has a deficiency that is unmanageable. His own staff can't control him because he cannot control himself.

I am sure this is why he bankrupted so many companies at the same time that he loved being out there cutting deals.

He will implode. He will not last through his presidency.

I might be wrong but I am pretty confident about this.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 20 Jul 2017, 21:19:36

That is as much as I can get it up tonight to indulge in American politics. I am going with my daughter white water rafting tomorrow. I wont be posting for a couple of days.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 21 Jul 2017, 01:21:52

Ibon wrote:Obama sucked as a politician because he didn't do deals. He just stayed in his ivory tower of intellectual progressivism and didn't reach out and make deals.

Yup. You look at the problems this country faces and Obama basically kicked the can down the road on every one. Eight years with nothing really accomplished except Obamacare, and that legacy has proven to be flawed. Ocare needs fixing, but Obama blocked all attempts to fix problems with Ocare when he was president. His little mind just couldn't cope with faced with a problem. He dithered and delayed making decisions and then his eight years were up and he happily moved on to living a life of luxury in private villas and posh resorts connected by trips on private jets with his wealthy friends.

Ibon wrote:Trump could be a great president because he has those streetsmarts but he gets in the way of execution. His ego volatility is pathological and he is his worsts enemy. It is almost sometimes painful to watch how childish he grasps for praise. This guy has a deficiency that is unmanageable. His own staff can't control him because he cannot control himself....
He will implode. He will not last through his presidency.

I might be wrong but I am pretty confident about this.

Could be.

I never thought Trump could be a great President---it was clear right from the R primary campaign that the man was a spoiled rich boy----Trump is a shallow bully with an ego as big as Trump Tower.

I don't think he'll be impeached, but I think the Ds will take over congress in 2018 and then we'll have full on gridlock with nothing being accomplished again.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 21 Jul 2017, 05:57:42

Ibon wrote:Obama sucked as a politician because he didn't do deals. He just stayed in his ivory tower of intellectual progressivism and didn't reach out and make deals. He was not driven by a primitive ego actually.

Personally I don't see how anyone can be so blind to Obamas ego problem. The man clearly has narsasisstic personality disorder. He also didn't stay in his ivory tower, he travled the country accusing every working class American whodisagreed with his theory of government of being racists opposing him because he was 12% sub saharan african ancestry. I don't give a rip what his skin tone is, he was an awful President and did a lousy job when the country needed a leader, not a self centered pseudo-intellectual.

President Trump on the other hand also has a massive ego, but he does deals all day every day. Turn off the media hype and research what President Trump has done in his first six month in office. The Special Counsel and Never Trump folks dominate the media and keep beating a dead horse ignoring everything else. Everything else is what will actually matter eight years from now when the next President takes office.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby mmasters » Fri 21 Jul 2017, 21:40:50

Trump is like 1/3 Reagan, 1/3 Andrew Jackson and 1/3 PT Barnum

I don't think he'll get impeached.

I think he could do great things if he could get Congress to work with him. I'm hoping the D's get thrown out in 2018.
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dissident » Sat 22 Jul 2017, 10:42:30

mmasters wrote:Trump is like 1/3 Reagan, 1/3 Andrew Jackson and 1/3 PT Barnum

I don't think he'll get impeached.

I think he could do great things if he could get Congress to work with him. I'm hoping the D's get thrown out in 2018.

If Trump gets impeached then America will show the world that its system is seriously broken and the label "democracy" does not apply. Anyone who thinks the current BS spew at Trump has any substance is an idiot. Unfortunately most people on this planet can't be bothered to get a clue about important issues so are equivalent to idiots.

Americans should not let the fake news corporations set the agenda. Trump's agenda is what they need if they are to remain a 1st world country and not turn into a 3rd world husk with the disappearance of the middle class and even a large chunk of the upper class thanks to offshoring. Trickle down economics based on importing of Chinese junk is not a viable long term model for the economy.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:01:44

pstarr wrote:. . . Unions empower American workers. Those guys and gals are not so dumb like the banksters, understand better than the investment class how to run a successful world economy.

Yup.

The working class are the people who flipped from D to R and voted Trump into office.----They know that you can't have union jobs if you don't have jobs to start with.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 22 Jul 2017, 20:25:02

pstarr wrote:The classic American working man has become an endangered species
The new working person: too powerless, displaced and busy to unionize.

Yup. Thats exactly right.

You really can't blame working class Americans for hoping for a big change and voting for Trump in 2016. If the Ds had been smart enough to nominate Bernie, we'd have Bernie as President right now, but everybody saw Hillary and the Ds cheat Bernie out of the nomination and that left Trump as the only candidate of "change."

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 29 Jul 2017, 19:52:07

I do not enjoy watching this tortured position of increasingly more and more republicans trying to hold on to their party and support a president who is clearly not just incompetent but mentally not capable of leading. This will now accelerate as the weeks unfold. It is really sad for our democracy.

I give Trump maximum 6 months.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 29 Jul 2017, 20:38:41

Trump becomes more of a joke almost daily, but who wants Pence? The attempts by dims to void the election were always doomed, yet it appears they are really stupid enough to put Killary up again next election, against either whack job Trump or his default stand in. It is all truly bizzaro. Obama the worst war monger in a generation, two terms & couldn't beat the insurance industry, looks mightily competent in hindsight. All very, very weird. Glad to not be living in the USA.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby dissident » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 10:37:18

https://youtu.be/mK5T_rZmVyg

The case against trump is 100% hysteria based. Mueller is an obvious "judge-jury-and-executioner" who I predict will find that Putin and Trump have regular anal sex. Trump can't be more compromised than that! If you think this is ridiculous, the case for war against Iraq was totally fabricated and ludicrous as well.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 10:52:38

dissident wrote:https://youtu.be/mK5T_rZmVyg

The case against trump is 100% hysteria based. Mueller is an obvious "judge-jury-and-executioner" who I predict will find that Putin and Trump have regular anal sex. Trump can't be more compromised than that! If you think this is ridiculous, the case for war against Iraq was totally fabricated and ludicrous as well.

Just like Pavlov's dog salivating you just did it also Dissident. I address the instability of Trump as a leader and president and you come back with this Mueller video. What the hell does that have to do with the subject at hand? Nothing. You see it as related. Trump is his own worst enemy because he lacks the character to lead and he has created chaos within his administration with no help from Obama, or Clinton or Mueller or any of the other deflections you guys come up with to defend him.

It's time to wake up that we have put a mentally unhinged character in the white house. He needs no help from his rivals. He is the author and architect of his own demise.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 12:13:55

pstarr wrote:Ibon, I have to courteously disagree. Trump is a great leader, perhaps not the kind you and I appreciate. He has amassed a fortune, has unlimited regard for himself, is immune to criticism. He has a hard hard shell that rebounds any attacks as per his performance during the Presidential debates. Trump plucks emotional strings, is a master manipulator and leads his dedicated band all too well.

Everything you describe is an entertainment facade. These skills you say Trump has do not exist from a cold and calculating mind, they exist from an extremely unhinged mind that is pathologically craving constant praise. Contrast this with Putin for example who is cold as ice in comparison. Trump is not a master manipulator. He is pathetically easy to manipulate which is what Putin and others have done.

You guys remember when Bush Jr. was president he surrendered his leadership over to members of his cabinet and in the end the caricature of Bush was a puppet manipulated by Cheny, Rumsfeld and as the video Dissident posted also by Mueller. This is part of the Dark State you guys refer to. Add Clinton to this list. All those republican Rinos like McCain you can add to this list. This whole cabal in Washington that is unified to discredit Trump. The NYT and WSJ and CNN etc. helping.

I do not deny the existence of these forces against Trump. I do not call this the Dark State though. In this way I am a deep pragmatist. Probably all those years I had to participate in the dirty and ugly side of business in Latin America. All those deals behind the scenes where the tender was already decided and the commissions agreed on long before it was published. That is the standard operating procedure in politics. And in business. Putin operates the same way in Russia. This is nothing new and has always been part of politics.

The power structure in Washington, this Dark State you guys are referring to, will nudge things in one of two directions. It will allow Trump to be the architect of his own demise as he is doing now or he will become a member of this power elite, something actually that he has always wanted and is the source of his insecure ego. He very well may be resuscitated by the likes of this general Kelly injecting discipline etc. into the administration. Do you know what injecting discipline really means in the end? It means that Trump capitulates and becomes a part of what you guys call the Dark State.

This is related to what Newfie sometimes posts that presidents really don't have a huge impact, that the whole power structure self perpetuates.

In developing countries you see this with the oligarchy taking turns governing. In the Philippines it is the same 12 or so families that rotate through power through the decades. Same in many other countries. This will never change. Trump will not significantly change this power structure in the US either. US politics is more 3rd world than many realize. The Bush dynasty, the Clintons, Trump and his own family in his administration.

The most alarming part of 3rd world politics in the US today is the preoccupation with internal power struggles and how this takes all the wind out of the sails of governing so that nothing ever gets fixed.

And then you have China slowly eating our lunch as we implode with infighting.

Just ask yourself, is Trump unifying the country or contributing to tearing it apart.

As countries like China slowly rise to imperial domination.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion