Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 1

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 17:25:24

Russian city grants protest permits, for Russians to protest IN FAVOR of Trump:

As Putin rattles saber, one Russian city prepares to rally for Trump

MOSCOW — One Russian city wants to send a message to Americans protesting the election of Donald Trump: Well, we like him.

The city of Obninsk was granted a permit for a rally Saturday in favor of the U.S. president-elect — another sign of Trump’s embrace in a country whose relations with the Obama administration soured badly over rifts such as Syria and Ukraine.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/russian-town-to-rally-for-trump-while-putin-warns-us-on-weapons/2016/11/18/541ee92e-ad94-11e6-8410-7613f8c1dae8_story.html

Just to note my views -- I'm mostly concerned about the Russian influence that was in the election we had, to start with.

But other than that -- I don't mind better relations with Russia *as long as it is not helping Russia to screw with democracies in Europe* and as long as it's not anti-NATO. And, we can't ever forget what OUR American values are.

We can't BECOME Russia, just to have peace with Russia.

But if it could work out to where the Baltics are never invaded and if Russia were to stop bullying the UK and all of Europe.. if we can just make Russia happy by giving them Syria and more influence in the middle east.. then that would be okay.

About Syria though -- Russia and Assad have been doing HEAVY, HEAVY bombing of Aleppo. They're bombing hospitals too. CNN has been showing awful things, about the bombing. So look folks -- it still ain't right, even letting Russia bomb all over Syria.

But if something must be given up and be "pro Russia" then letting them do what they want in Syria would be the most tolerable, BUT NEITHER EUROPE NOR UK SHOULD EVER BE THROWN UNDER THE BUS.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 17:43:19

pstarr wrote:To all you Russia haters: what about the Russian form of government, or its elections is so diametrically opposed to our supposed freedom? Just some real world examples would do, thank you Six

Russia is authoritarian one-man rule, with no real political opposition allowed.

There really is no free press left, at all -- they had one free radio station left at one point, but then that got shut down too. (that was about Ukriane, the radio station in Russia said some things the government didn't like, so that's that, the radio station got shut down)

Putin doesn't allow any real political opponents. He shuts it down fast, if anyone opposed to him starts getting a bit popular.

The Russian government is also actively helping / stoking up things all through Europe and the UK -- in favor of Putin-aligned, far right political parties.

Bottom line -- Russia has a far right authoritarian government. It's very restrictive, and in my opinion it's WHY their GDP is so low. (so it's not even a SMART kind of system)

Pstarr -- have you ever listened to what Russian American Gary Kasporov has to say, warning about Putin and Trump? What about Pussy Riot?

It just is what it is, guys.

Russia is far right authoritarian strongman one leader control.

If that's what you LIKE pstarr, then goodness bless you that's your right. You're in the Trump Party, okay. That's fine. We got a new political party in the US. BUT REPUBLICANS have rights too, and so do Democrats!
Last edited by Sixstrings on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 17:47:10, edited 2 times in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 17:43:44

Sixstrings wrote:... letting them do what they want in Syria would be .... tolerable

At last---some common sense.

Lets face facts here.

Obama's policy of supporting, funding, arming, and training the Islamist rebels in Syria only to the point where they could commit terrorism against the Syrian people and fight a civil war that has destroyed the country for the last 6 years but not doing enough to help them actually win is incredibly stupid.

Its like Obama wanted 6 years of civil war in Syria, and wanted half a million casualties, and wanted ISIS, and wanted a million refugees to flood Europe.

What Obama has done for the last 6 years in Syria has been idiotic.

Its time for change.

Cheers!

Obama's Syria policy has been idiotic
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 17:59:31

Plantagenet wrote:
Sixstrings wrote:... letting them do what they want in Syria would be .... tolerable

At last---some common sense.

That's what I hope it works out to be Plant, as a combination between a VERY pro Putin president and a Congress that is TOTALLY anti Putin.

And that's how democracy and our Constitution is supposed to work -- compromise, and divided and co-equal balancing powers.

So yeah, I'd be okay with some reasonable things -- BUT NOT TOTAL PRO KREMLIN, for goodness sake.

We can't forget who WE are. Most importantly, most Americans really do not WANT to be in a far right authoritarian party and to have those kinds of values, heck no.

If they want a minority party then okay, they can do that and work to elect reps to Congress etc. But most of America still wants to be Republicans and Democrats.

We CANNOT ever *become Russia* just to have peace with Russia -- that's a price too high to pay, just as it was when Russians were communists. And nowadays, Russia is far right authoritarian.

I'll feel better about things, if Trump were to appoint Mitt Romney for sec of State and if some of the super pro Putin stuff balances out to something more reasonable.

And we shouldn't have any Putinist like policies, ever getting passed domestically here at home, or becoming normalized and acceptable.

AND -- it wouldn't be cool if the American administration is ever just "against Europe," for no good reason. Europe's never done anything to us. These are our ALLIES and friends and family, going back centuries. These are ALLIED DEMOCRACIES.

I've been a Democrat for eight years but heck, I was a Republican my whole life before that -- I'm scared for the REPUBLICAN party's values. That they may just become all super far right and forget about democracy values, and our constitutional values, our libertarian values.

P.S. There's one Republican house rep that's been on CNN a lot lately, and I can't remember his name but I like him. He's not opposed to Trump, but he's very clear about American values too. I like his tone, and I really hope that's what wins out in the GOP.
Last edited by Sixstrings on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:19:44, edited 9 times in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:09:04

Sixstrings wrote: NOT TOTAL PRO KREMLIN, for goodness sake.

Where were you for the last 8 years?

Just because Obama bungled things and started up a new cold war with Russia doesn't mean its a good idea to be in a new cold war.

Obama's and Hillary's big push from 2009-2012 was to be friendlier with Russia. Have you completely forgotten the "reset" button and all the pro-Russia moves from Obama and Hillary?

And in 2012 when Romney warned about the dangers of Russia militarism in Europe, Obama poo-pooed it.

The problem isn't that Trump wants to be friends with Russia.

The problem we have is that Obama bungled his attempt to be friends with Russia.

Just because Obama bungled things and started a new cold war doesn't mean it can't work being friendlier with Russia. Obama was a complete incompetent---he bungled everything.

There's nothing wrong with Trump at least trying to be friends with Russia.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:32:12

Plantagenet wrote:Where were you for the last 8 years?

Just because Obama bungled things and started up a new cold war with Russia doesn't mean its a good idea to be in a new cold war.

The original break with Putin happened when the West started criticizing his corruption. I saw this in a BBC documentary once, it told the whole story.

It's not the West's fault, that Putin started up a new cold war.

Putin has very different values than western democracies do. It's a whole different kind of system, and it's not something our founding fathers 240 years ago would have approved of.

Obama's and Hillary's big push from 2009-2012 was to be friendlier with Russia. Have you completely forgotten the "reset" button and all the pro-Russia moves from Obama and Hillary?

YES, *but neither Obama nor Clinton EVER read "russia today" from the rally stage.* NEITHER of those EVER believed in Russian propaganda and fake news. They NEVER had an actual, flat out, Russian type worldview Plant! For goodness sake!

And in 2012 when Romney warned about the dangers of Russia militarism in Europe, Obama poo-pooed it.

Romney was right. And now, SOME Republicans have lurched all the way from Romney's position.. to actually BECOMING Russia! Jesus Christ, people.

The Trump wing -- they're just totally RT russian propaganda type of view on everything -- NOT EVEN the Kremlin believes its own propaganda! For crying out loud. :roll:

We've got Republicans in this country, actually BELIEVING rt and sputnik news and Pravda and the whole nine yards, they've made it their world view and they just call it "anti establishment."

Well look folks -- the "establishment" was Ben Franklin and Jefferson and George Washington and Ronald Reagan and all our American values.

I'm no idiot, I never got fooled by it. I trust in Republican ESTABLISHMENT and also Democrat ESTABLISHMENT on these most core very important things. Basic principles, about freedom and THE FREE PRESS and respecting courts, and the Constitution and all of it.

The problem we have is that Obama bungled his attempt to be friends with Russia.

No, the problem is that authoritarian regimes like the Kremlin CAN'T be "friends" with democracies. "Frenemy" is about the best they can manage -- and it's not OUR FAULT we are democracies in the West and these have been OUR VALUES for CENTURIES.

Just because Obama bungled things and started a new cold war doesn't mean it can't work being friendlier with Russia. Obama was a complete incompetent---he bungled everything.

Yeah, but we sure as heck shouldn't ever enact a Putinist system here either. That would be like us going communist, back in the old cold war, just because it makes people in Russian towns wave American flags.

There's nothing wrong with Trump at least trying to be friends with Russia.

So far, Trump and his staffers he's chosen and the ones that have been in the campaign are a lot more than just "friendly."
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dinopello » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:41:02

There are many many Republicans in congress that would prefer a President Pence so impeachment would not be avoided for party reasons. I think the opportunity would be before the 2018 midterms. But he might not have done enough by then. Things he would be potentially impeached for is mixing his business interests into the national.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:45:54

Sixstrings wrote:, SOME Republicans have lurched all the way from Romney's position.. to actually BECOMING Russia!

?????

The United States is not Russia and I've never heard anyone say it is except you.

Look---the election is over. There is no point in endlessly repeating these Hilalry talking points. Its time to stop the anti-Russia hysteria and come back to the real world.

I repeat---

1. The US is NOT Russia.

2. The US is not locked into continuing Obama's personal spat with Putin.

3. If Trump can stop the descent into a new cold war that would be a good thing.

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:51:57

Plantagenet wrote:?????

The United States is not Russia and I've never heard anyone say it is except you.

Why do you think authoritarian dictators (that are all pro Putin, too) have been praising Trump and meanwhile our allied democracies are all scared?

Do you really think it's impossible that Trump not only just LIKES Putin, but maybe shares the same views?

Look---the election is over.

That's right. The election is over, and Trump Party has the WH but Republicans and Democrats have Congress and the courts and we've got an ironclad Constitution in this country.

I repeat---

1. The US is NOT Russia.

And my opinion is just that I would disapprove of Putinist policies ever getting passed over here, OR our support waning for allied democracies abroad.

3. If Trump can stop the descent into a new cold war that would be a good thing.

Not if it were at the cost of us losing our freedom values. It's not a bunch of BS, Plant -- it's core concepts that are LIBERTARIAN concepts.. free press, not intimidating courts, divided powers and respecting the Constitution above all else, etc.

And equality, that "that all men are created equal" just as Jefferson wrote 240 years ago and just as we have finally fully realized, in recent decades.

Russia has no constitution like ours, nor founding documents that reflect any of that.

Post-USSR Russia DID have some things like we had, for a while -- and THEN Putin took out the 2 term presidential limit and then he started doing a lot of other far right authoritarian things too.
Last edited by Sixstrings on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:58:19, edited 7 times in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pops » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:53:13

You have it Dino.

It isn't a partisan thing, Pence is way more reliably right wing that trump

but "more reliable" is the operative phrase
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 18:59:34

Sixstrings wrote:
Russia has no constitution, nor founding documents that reflect any of that.

Yes. Russia is essentially a dictatorship now and Putin runs the show there.

That doesn't mean we have to spend the next 20 years locked in another cold war with them.

Just because Obama got in a personal spat with Putin and bungled the US-Russia relationship doesn't mean we can't reverse course and have warmer relationships with Russia in the future.

Obama is history now---he's gone. Its time for the US to change course and adopt more intelligent policies going forward.

CHEERS!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby hvacman » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 19:27:20

I believe he resigns within a year or two. He is a classic narcissist. The candidacy appealed perfectly to his self-absorbed bent. The office of President, though, regardless of the fame and publicity, is ultimately a brutally-hard job of grinding out executive minutia that is not so much ego satisfying as totally draining with a sense of powerlessness and endless obligation. And then you have ultimate responsibility for very, very, very important things that you can't talk AT ALL about, tweet, post Youtubes, etc. And show the ultimate in diplomacy in both domestic and international negotiations. A narcissist can't stand that situation. They HAVE to brag about their acccomplishments and flame their enemies.

The cracks are already showing with his bizarre go-no-go-go behavior prior to the NY Times interview and the off-the-wall things he said during it. I'm sure he is getting all kinds of advice from very sharp people who really want him to succeed and he appears to be ignoring them. If he continues this track, he'll lose his best allies and totally founder.
hvacman
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 19:51:34

hvacman wrote:I believe he resigns within a year or two.....you have ultimate responsibility for very, very, very important things that you can't talk AT ALL about, tweet, post Youtubes, etc.

You mean like Obama telling the Taliban long in advance when he was going to pull out of Afghanistan ---resulting in the Taliban strategy of lying low and just waiting for the US day of departure.

Which of course resulted in the Taliban regrouping ad getting stronger and stronger and launching large attacks as the day approached for Obama's planned withdrawal. Obama's big mouth just created more failure for Obama and more years of war of unnecessary war for the US military. Obama's plan to withdraw US troops has now been abandoned because of his stupidity in telling the Taliban exactly what he was planning to do.

Already Trump has shown he is smarter than that.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 19:55:00

hvacman wrote:I believe he resigns within a year or two.

I think he'll probably run into a lot of friction and trouble with the kind of appointments he's making.. and then what he'll do, before it gets so bad as having to resign, is a total shakeup and THEN he'll bring in establishment people.

He may wind up with some real corruption problems though, with Congress.. and impeachment / hearings will always be in the hands of Republicans.

If he pisses off Republicans TOO MUCH -- then that's when they would pull out the big file on all the (likely, possible) corruption and pay to play stuff going on. And then that's what the impeachment would be for. And likely, Trump would resign rather than go through the trial (or he may go through it and then we all get a big show again with the chief justice in the Senate again, just like with Clinton).

Clinton was impeached for mere perjury over an affair -- the case that could be made about Trump, might be HUGE in comparison.

Whether he were convicted in the Senate or not, would depend on how much senators are against him just generally and however much he winds up crossing them in the coming years.

A nightmare scenario -- maybe Trump tries to go full "Erdogan" and starts doing rallies as president, and tries to build some kind of outside-the-government support base and then has them protest in DC etc.

Bannon has called HIMSELF a "leninist," guys (and nationalist socialist, essentially) -- just think about it, Bannon is SENIOR STRATEGIST, #1, in the white house.

Ultimately I think things will work out -- as Plant said, this Trump stuff went awful far but no we actually are NOT Russia. Nor are we Turkey, nor a banana republic in south america.

What I HOPE -- is that Trump does what he's likely to do, and short of losing all power (even a KING's power is relative, folks, it's political capital).. he will finally do a staff shakeup and bring establishment in.

And make the Senate happy. An American president serves at the pleasure of the United States Senate, at the end of the day (hearings, and impeachment power).

It's sure gonna be interesting.. Trump is like independent / a "French National Front" type party that wound up winning the Republican nomination.

Ultimately though, he may cross core Republican values too much. Values held by EVERY ONE of our elected senators in the Senate. And Democrats, too.

If Republicans want hearings etc., then Democrats will be RIGHT THERE with them, in agreement.

They HAVE to brag about their acccomplishments and flame their enemies.

I just hope he moderates and comes to a more traditional American foreign policy view (our constitutional and democracy values, and freedom values).

Hopefully he and Steve Bannon don't just "flame" Europe JUST because it's good "to grow the far right parties" (that also happen to all be pro Putin).

We'll see what happens. I feel bad, for our friends and family in Europe and the UK, and in Canada.

"America First" -- America was ALREADY "first." #1 in world GDP, already global superpower by far.

WHAT WE NEEDED was to simply raise the darn minimum wage and tax the 1% a bit more -- NOT act like the whole world (except dictatorships, and Russia) is somehow to blame!

Canada's not to blame for our problems, folks. Neither is Europe, nor any of the other democracies of the world.

P.S. In other news, the stock market's doing great right now, so there's that.

ALL I HOPE is that our democracy works, and that people don't become Trump rally zombies. Our congress SHOULD stand up to him. It could be like Duterte and the Philippines, and for something okay to work out then that means congress MUST stand up and the courts and free press MUST be strong.

EDIT:

Donald Trump disavows the 'alt-right' after Nazi salutes and calls of 'Hail Trump' at rally in Washington

He told the New York Times that he did not understand why such groups had been drawn to him.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/22/donald-trump-disavows-alt-right-nazi-salutes-calls-hail-trump/

BUT.. he's still got Steve Bannon as #1 top white house strategist.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 20:50:09

Plantagenet wrote:The United States is not Russia and I've never heard anyone say it is except you.

Plant, with all due respect you must not have read a wide range of news and sources for the last couple years. :(

And I remember you said before you don't have cable tv, so maybe you're not even aware of CNN and what's going on in Washington DC and abroad, so okay.

You don't know what you don't know, and you can't help it.

I would just suggest that when Russians put a billboard up praising Trump and Putin and saying the two countries "will make the world great again" -- what the Russians mean, is with RUSSIAN values, ok?

It's not like they want to join the West and get a constitution and start having pro democracy pro liberty and pro human rights values.

Russians aren't bad people -- but what is Russia is Russia, and what is not Russia is Not Russia.

Russians are wonderful people, but they have a very different history and culture and so do we -- ours goes back to our founding and the principles of our founding fathers and THAT is what we are supposed to promote in the world.

Or at minimum (the US has worked with Russia before, historically) -- we just shouldn't ever FORGET our values here at home.

I'm sorry guys -- I'VE NEVER HEARD Trump ever give a talk about freedom and the Constitution, like how Republicans usually do. I've heard how much he likes Putin (and I've read and posted the articles, about all the connections between the Kremlin and Trump staff and I'm not going to post it all again) -- but I've never heard that he likes Germans and French and Poles and Estonians and Latvians and Lithuanians, too.

So why is that?

All I'm saying is, I just hope for some more moderation -- I'd like to hear some old fashioned "freedom" stuff. I'd like to hear that the Trump administration CARES about the democracies of the world.

I'd like to AT LEAST see a balanced policy come out of the combination of our congress and white house. I'd like to AT LEAST hear some "democracy values" kinds of things. And some talk about the Constitution and founding fathers, etc. And Lincoln for that matter, or Ronald Reagan.

If even Mitt Romney and John McCain and Lindsay Graham and every one of our elected congressional Republicans and Democrats ever totally flip and go total Kremlin worldview -- then okay, at that point I'll shut up about all this.

Will Trump be a kiss of life or death for Putin?

Instead of continued isolation, Putin will get yet another reset, with several long-term goals — a recognised zone of influence, non-interference in domestic affairs, an equal relationship with the United States — within his grasp.

If Trump truly is a dealmaker, however, Putin will have to sacrifice some of the core policies — anti-Americanism, economic protectionism — that have facilitated his consolidation of power. ...

But what if that enemy, or at least its most extreme caricature, suddenly disappeared? Putin has nothing to replace the propaganda gusher of an arrogant, overreaching, and power-obsessed United States.

The most obvious alternative — Russian nationalism — is just too divisive in what remains a multi-ethnic, multi-religious society. Indeed, Putin recently discussed the need for a new law that addresses inter-ethnic relations.

Putin could also look elsewhere for adversaries — Europe, Islamic State — but they are unlikely to galvanise the Russian people to the same extent as an old superpower rivalry. Putin may soften his anti-Americanism, but, in doing so, he risks losing one of his few dependable sources of national unity.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/analysis/will-trump-be-a-kiss-of-life-or-death-for-putin-431839.html

Here's the problem with that above article -- it assumes Putin would be trading things off in exchange for Trump being so friendly. *But look folks, I've NEVER ever heard anything from the Trump campaign about anything they want in RETURN from Russia*. It just seems like total pro Kremlin, and all what they want.

Problem #2 -- the article assumes Trump will grant Russia a sphere of influence. So is that REALLY what's gonna happen? Are we really gonna ditch east Europe? And what about the UK, that's not pro Putin? Where are we leaving the Brits, hanging out on their own?

Interestingly, the article considers the question of what PUTIN would do in the future, without having an American enemy to blame for everything.

The article suggests Putin may turn on Europe -- but is THAT really fair and right for America to do, to Europe (to put Europe in that position)?

Or, Europeans may feel like they must elect their OWN super far right parties.. so what happens then? To our REAL American heritage, that goes back to Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin and these last 240 years and 70 years since WWII?

What does it MEAN, for all nations to elect "pro Putin far right governments?"

Could that mean that we must give up OUR values, about liberty and our constitution and freedom?

Do any of you guys think all that stuff is just corny and so old fashioned, these days? Do you really want the future to be "pro Putin far right?"

I sure don't. I'm no idiot, I was never fooled, and I didn't vote for this.

If the whole country somehow becomes far right zombies going to rallies, then I'll shut up about it. But that day is NOT today. I approve of Lindsay Graham, and John McCain, and Mitch McConnel and most Republicans and all of the Democrats (and our free press), that are standing up about some things.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 22:29:46

Here's an article on townhall.com, a very Republican kind of site. It's worth a full read and some consideration:

Draining the Swamp – Trump’s Russian Challenge

No one doubts McCain’s patriotism and good will toward America. In his time in DC, McCain has been in the smoky back room more times than he can remember. He’s a man with no illusions as to how the political game works. He plays it every day and comes down to the old saying, it’s all in who you know.

Senator McCain is sounding an alarm for the new administration and warning them that Russian President Vladmir Putin is positioning his lobbyists into places of influence as we speak.

McCain recently warned about getting too friendly with Putin. In a public statement, he noted that: “We should place as much faith in such statements as any other by a former KGB agent who has plunged his country into tyranny, murdered his political opponents, invaded his neighbors, threatened America’s allies, and attempted to undermine America’s elections.”

The rubber meets the road with Putin. Can America and Donald Trump trust the wily spy turned world leader?

Not likely. ...

Allowing people with close ties to Putin and his hardline government into positions of influence would be a mistake for the new administration. McCain is not the only one concerned. People like Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort, finding his way to the inner circle is a red flag. For months, Manafort has pushed pro-Russian positions into the Trump manifesto.

Another Trump foreign policy advisor, Carter Page has also been accused of a cozy relationship with Russia. He is reportedly being watched by US Intelligence for business ties in Russia and questions about certain private conversations with senior Russian officials have arisen.

Compound that with a very active Putin-friend and lobbyist, Helen Teplitskaia, recent Chairman of the Russian-American Chamber of Commerce making the rounds in DC…America can be worried that a Chamber of Secrets is brewing up a game of cat and mouse. Will we be the cat or the mouse?

Mz. Teplitskaia is lobbyist for Sherbank, one of Russia’s largest state controlled banks. She has close personal ties to Putin and the Kremlin and is looking for close ties in the new administration. Like I said, it’s all in who you know.

The US/Russian relationship is under immense pressure and efforts to influence the new administration and ultimately US policy are in full swing. Ordinary Americans have cause for concern when lobbyists like Helen Teplitskaia, Carter Page, and Paul Manafort are granted positions of influence in America’s new leadership.
http://townhall.com/columnists/stevesherman/2016/11/22/draining-the-swamp--trumps-russian-challenge-n2249270
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 23 Nov 2016, 00:53:26

KaiserJeep wrote:Impeachment? Dream on. The R's have the White House, the Senate, the House, and a majority of state houses. The D's have squat.

In fairness Kaiser, the incoming administration is really like independent / "French National Front" kind of far right party.

It's not really the Republican Party. Steve Bannon himself has called HIMSELF "a leninist" and a Nationalist (that has some socialist views, so add those two together and that's nationalist socialist).

It's not the Republican Party.

I think Trump administration (unless they change) is going to be in conflict with Republicans in the Senate on some issues and then in big conflict with Democrats on other issues, and in big conflict with R's AND D's on some issues.

Like the Putin issue, and foreign policy.

McCain and Graham already plan to hold hearings on the whole Russia issue, starting in January.

Steve Bannon's primary interest seems to be growing a "UKIP" type party in the US, and also in supporting far right parties all through Europe (which also happens to be Putin's goal):

Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 23 Nov 2016, 06:23:40

hvacman wrote:I believe he resigns within a year or two. He is a classic narcissist. The candidacy appealed perfectly to his self-absorbed bent. The office of President, though, regardless of the fame and publicity, is ultimately a brutally-hard job of grinding out executive minutia that is not so much ego satisfying as totally draining with a sense of powerlessness and endless obligation. And then you have ultimate responsibility for very, very, very important things that you can't talk AT ALL about, tweet, post Youtubes, etc. And show the ultimate in diplomacy in both domestic and international negotiations. A narcissist can't stand that situation. They HAVE to brag about their acccomplishments and flame their enemies.

The cracks are already showing with his bizarre go-no-go-go behavior prior to the NY Times interview and the off-the-wall things he said during it. I'm sure he is getting all kinds of advice from very sharp people who really want him to succeed and he appears to be ignoring them. If he continues this track, he'll lose his best allies and totally founder.

This makes sense.

You guys remember when during the debates his coaches got frustrated because they couldn't make him focus on substantive debate points. He was incapable of digging down into the details. He prefers to stay in troll land and maintaining himself in the limelight over stupid ego conflicts.

Many believed Trump didn't really want the job he just wanted to win the election. I think Trump will avoid the grinding responsibility of all the details and prefer to stay in the limelight by exasperating conflicts and problems. He is the ultimate troll. He will insist on being center stage and wont ever do his homework, a puppet to his own ego, imprisoned in this need of adoration.

Pops named it; the corporate lobbyists will use and manipulate Trump to further their agenda and continue to bleed the dwindling American middle class.

The Parasite Party is what the Republican Party has become. Leeches, ticks, tapeworms, pinworms, scabies, roundworms, hookworms, that is what Trump is surrounding himself with.

The very disenfranchised voter who wanted anti establishment Trump to bring back the good times and restore good paying jobs and level the disparity is getting instead a basket of parasites.

He wont get impeached. The parasites know how to suck on their hosts without actually killing them. Trump will be a puppet looking for adoration and glory while the parasites continue to suck the country dry.

Trump is not my president. I resolutely reject him. I have already impeached him :)
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 23 Nov 2016, 07:15:28

I haven't checked what's being said down this rabbit warren- but if you (6) take off the globalist multicultural blinkers for a moment, you may notice something which can be described as an emerging racial struggle- whereby the once supreme white man senses his time is up- desperate times call for desperate measures, blood is thicker than water. In this context, the Putin Phenomenon, Brexit, Trump, Trump & Putin, Le Pen, etc. The fact that it's way past too late for such a war to be winnable, well, try telling that to any white supremacist. the world is in a giant mess, the entertainment industry has taken over most of what used to be called government, & my strong hunch is it's only going to keep getting crazier. The Hard Right vs Extreme Islam thing looks like playing out to the new 100 years war. The middle left wants to pretend the problem doesn't exist to make it go away, but western collective actions in the Middle East since 2003 have ensured there is a lifetime's worth of revenge hungry Jihadis waiting for a chance to blow up a wedding in the west, especially a Russian/ American one.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion