Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Greta Thunberg's Voyage Pt. 2

Re: Greta Thunberg's Voyage Pt. 2

Unread postby Revi » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 10:21:54

yellowcanoe wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:This is the speech where Greta is lambasting the UN do-nothings, and the more she criticizes them the harder they clap for her. Its very entertaining.

Well I am sure that secretly they would prefer to give her a good spanking! She is criticizing the concept of endless economic growth which is something that all politicians regard as essential.

I think that's the whole problem. She is advocating slowing down so that we don't hit the wall. We tried it too. Nobody likes hearing that. They would rather keep going.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 10:28:04

Revi wrote:She is advocating slowing down so that we don't hit the wall. We tried it too. Nobody likes hearing that. They would rather keep going.

That they includes Plant. But hey, let's keep stomping our feet and demanding politicians fix a problem we insist on perpetuating with our individual actions.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Revi » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 10:56:40

I agree. We are a stupid species.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 14:06:28

I agree people in general do a LOT of stupid things. However using a filter pitcher to put cleaned water into a jug does not seem like a bad idea to me. That beach could easily by Lake Erie or any other large or very large body of fresh water.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 10 Dec 2019, 15:54:41

BUT by simply bringing up the concept of Degrowth, by talking about helps to remove the stigma, it makes it OK to talk about it.

If that’s all she does that is significant.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby clif » Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:11:25

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth by angry old men begin;

.@GretaThunberg is TIME’s 2019 Person of the Year #TIMEPOY https://t.co/YZ7U6Up76v pic.twitter.com/SWALBfeGl6

— TIME (@TIME) December 11, 2019

How cathartic it is to give voice to your fury, to wallow in self-righteousness, in helplessness, in self-serving self-pity.
clif
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 11 Dec 2019, 12:33:32

As an aging white man what I've learned is that cult of personality tends not to accomplish much in this world, especially less so thanks to our short attention-spans. So I don't really get worked up about these sorts of things.

BTW, check this cover out. Can you tell what year it was? It was actually 30 years ago. Accomplished nothing.

So after that, Al Gore, Bill McKibben, etc... I'm supposed to get all excited about a kid saying "how dare you?"

Wake me when anything actually gets accomplished beyond moral indignation photo-ops.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 01:33:19

Another angry, aging white man has stepped forward to express his ignorant rage over the fact that Greta Thunberg is Time Magazine's person of the year

trump-jr-blasts-time-for-choosing--greta-thunberg-as-person-of-year

Yes, Donald Trump Jr. is angry as hell at Greta Thunberg and he isnt' going to take it anymore.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby clif » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 12:36:26

Speakin' of angry old men, I see ol' fat ass lost his mind on twitter over this ....
How cathartic it is to give voice to your fury, to wallow in self-righteousness, in helplessness, in self-serving self-pity.
clif
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 14:51:29

U.S.—A fun new "Greta on the Shelf" doll will watch you every day and fly back to the UN each night to report your climate sins to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

"Greta sees you when you're sleeping, she knows when you drive your SUV to the store instead of taking public transportation," the manufacturer said. "She knows if you've been bad or carbon-neutral, so be carbon-neutral for goodness' sake!"

Children have responded enthusiastically to the doll so far, saying things like, "Mommy, I'm scared," and "Make the bad girl go away
."

https://babylonbee.com/news/fun-new-greta-on-the-shelf-will-track-your-climate-sins
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 15:16:24

rockdoc123 wrote:
U.S.—A fun new "Greta on the Shelf" doll will watch you every day and fly back to the UN each night to report your climate sins to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

"Greta sees you when you're sleeping, she knows when you drive your SUV to the store instead of taking public transportation," the manufacturer said. "She knows if you've been bad or carbon-neutral, so be carbon-neutral for goodness' sake!"

Children have responded enthusiastically to the doll so far, saying things like, "Mommy, I'm scared," and "Make the bad girl go away
."

https://babylonbee.com/news/fun-new-greta-on-the-shelf-will-track-your-climate-sins

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 15:22:10

The Greta vs. Trump twitter war is hotting up.

greta-thunberg-donald-trump-twitter-bio-person-of-the-year-2019

After Greta was named person of the year, Trump blasted her on twitter, saying: So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!

Reportedly Trump is jealous of Greta because he has never been named Time Magazine Person of the Year in spite of being on the "short list".

16 year old Greta responded to Trump by changing her bio to read: "A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old fashioned movie with a friend." Looks like Greta wins that round!

Hopefully Trump will get a grip and stop his childish attacks on a 16 year old. He really has more important things he should be doing.

Calm down, children. Try to play nice with each other.

Cheers!
The lack of speed has to go faster---Joe Biden
I will defeat Joe Biden---Joe Biden
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 16:55:27

Watch out Plant, ASG, may send you the doll for Christmas to keep track of your climate sins :lol: :lol:
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 18:20:40

onlooker wrote:Watch out Plant, ASG, may send you the doll for Christmas to keep track of your climate sins :lol: :lol:

hahahahah! :lol: :-D :P :P

But don't you think asg/mos/ennnui could find a better for a Greta doll then that??

Since mos/ennui/asg is so obsessed with climate sins, I picture asg/mos/ennui using the Greta doll in a creepy voodoo ceremony to try to escape his own guilt over his own climate sins.....

Take that, Greta. Take that and that. And that that that that that that that that that that that that that that that that that that

Cheers!
The lack of speed has to go faster---Joe Biden
I will defeat Joe Biden---Joe Biden
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 18:26:09

Plantagenet wrote:
onlooker wrote:Watch out Plant, ASG, may send you the doll for Christmas to keep track of your climate sins :lol: :lol:

hahahahah! :lol: :-D :P :P

But don't you think asg/mos/ennnui could find a better for a Greta doll then that??

Since mos/ennui/asg is so obsessed with climate sins, I picture asg/mos/ennui using the Greta doll in a creepy voodoo ceremony to try to escape his own guilt over his own climate sins.....

Take that, Greta. Take that and that. And that that that that that that that that that that that that that that that that that that

Cheers!

:P :lol:
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby The_Toecutter » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 18:26:38

Plantagenet wrote:But don't you think asg/mos/ennnui could find a better for a Greta doll then that??

Like using the Greta doll in a creepy voodoo ceremony to try to escape his own guilt over his own climate sins.....

I could totally see him somehow incorporating my Nippy 'lil rattlesnake into that creepy voodoo ritual.

No need to worry about the venom. He never lived up to his namesake and actually tried to bite anyone, and would even let me pet him.

Now would he let asg pet him, let alone pick him up?
The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the old growth of centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder. ~Thomas Jefferson
The_Toecutter
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 19:53:29

clif wrote:Speakin' of angry old men, I see ol' fat ass lost his mind on twitter over this ....

And yet Plant never misses an opportunity to try to spin public opinion against his impeachment.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 12 Dec 2019, 19:57:44

Plantagenet wrote:...try to escape his own guilt over his own climate sins.....

^^^ Projection 101.

I've got nothing against Greta. I just think your worship of her is cringey and also a distraction from your own behavior. It's like on the one hand you idolize her and on the other you do nothing to follow her lead.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby sparky » Fri 13 Dec 2019, 07:12:26

the ultimate failure of an argument .......... little girl sad , little girl upset

finally the green movement admit reasoning bankruptcy
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Revi » Fri 13 Dec 2019, 09:58:48

sparky wrote:.
the ultimate failure of an argument .......... little girl sad , little girl upset

finally the green movement admit reasoning bankruptcy

Look out the window. Smell the air.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate