Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Greta Thunberg's Voyage Pt. 2

Re: Greta Thunberg's Voyage Pt. 2

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:43:43

wildbourgman wrote:The folks pushing this girl as a living idol are certainly looking cultish kind like the Nazis. She seemed pretty scary since day one. I don't think that her benefactors realize how she appears to the common folk and I think that will hurt their cause.

Now you've done it! The fanatics will now proclaim you are "scared of a little girls" and make many other complaints about your moral hygiene and intelligence.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby wildbourgman » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 11:03:55

Tanada wrote:
wildbourgman wrote:The folks pushing this girl as a living idol are certainly looking cultish kind like the Nazis. She seemed pretty scary since day one. I don't think that her benefactors realize how she appears to the common folk and I think that will hurt their cause.

Now you've done it! The fanatics will now proclaim you are "scared of a little girls" and make many other complaints about your moral hygiene and intelligence.

Dude, I'm a voter intelligence isn't a prerequisite its actually frowned upon in some quarters. As for as moral hygiene mine is kept in check by a wife that knows how to use a gun, my mother, as well as local and federal authorities.

And yes if I awoke from a dead sleep with Greta looking over me I'd crap the bed and have a heart attack I'm not sure which order.
wildbourgman
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Revi » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 13:11:48

She's practically there now! The has made it too Portugal. She should be there tomorrow and in Madrid some time in the afternoon. She's been an amazing example to us all!!! I think this will allow her to make a grand entrance and remind people what they are working for.

https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracki ... aVagabonde

https://news.un.org/en/story/2019/11/1052251
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 14:43:46

That is deliberate.
If she is not scary, people would ignore her.
Also according to new standards of feminism woman should look ugly and scary.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 16:22:13

British yacht skipper, 26, wiped out the carbon emissions saved by Greta Thunberg's sail across the Atlantic by flying out to the US to help her

A British yacht skipper's flight to the US to help Greta Thunberg sail to Portugal has produced the same amount of carbon emissions the voyage hoped to save.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7743223/Yacht-skipper-wiped-carbon-emissions-saved-Greta-Thunbergs-sail-Atlantic.html
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 16:34:50

Revi wrote:She's practically there now! The has made it too Portugal. She should be there tomorrow and in Madrid some time in the afternoon. She's been an amazing example to us all!!! I think this will allow her to make a grand entrance and remind people what they are working for.

https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracki ... aVagabonde

https://news.un.org/en/story/2019/11/1052251

Hoo-RAY!!!

The UN General Secretary gave the opening address for the Madrid UN COP conference, and gravely announced that the "point of no return" is rapidly approaching for dealing with climate change.

Unfortunately, the point of no return has already passed. The UN screwed up when they foisted the phony Kyoto accords on the world, and they screwed up when they failed to get the binding UN climate treaty signed into action at the Copenhagen meeting in 2009, and they screwed up again when they foisted the phony Paris Accords on the world in 2015.

Now its just a matter of watching global CO2 emissions continue to go up while the world's climate goes to pieces.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 21:47:05

Tanada wrote:

I guess I'm not common: Greta is like 'Joan of Arc' to me, willing to take the fight to the politicians and fossil fuel interests.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby aspera » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 22:37:13

jedrider wrote:... willing to take the fight to the politicians and fossil fuel interests.

Yes. Talking truth to power. Hard to do at any age.
Even harder when detractors scorn everything about you; yet, strangely, ignore the truth of your message.
But Greta's doing it. Good on her.

Meadows et al. on Truth-Telling:
We are no more certain of the truth than anyone is. But we often know an untruth when we hear one. Many untruths are deliberate, understood as such by both speaker and listeners. They are put forth to manipulate, lull, or entice, to postpone action, to justify self-serving action, to gain or preserve power, or to deny an uncomfortable reality.

Lies distort the information stream. A system cannot function well if its information streams are corrupted by lies. One of the most important tenets of systems theory . . . is that information should not be distorted, delayed, or sequestered.

All of humanity is in peril, said Buckminster Fuller, if each one of us does not dare, now and henceforth, always to tell only the truth and all the truth, and to do so promptly right now. (Buckminster Fuller 1981). Whenever you speak to anyone, on the street, at work, to a crowd, and especially to a child, you can endeavor to counter a lie or affirm a truth. You can deny the idea that having more things makes one a better person. You can question the notion that more for the rich will help the poor. The more you can counter misinformation, the more manageable our society will become.

Source; Meadows, D., J. Randers, & D. Meadows. (2004) Tools for the Transition to Sustainability, In Limits to Growth: The 30-Year Update, 265-284. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green Publishing Company.
Last edited by aspera on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 23:07:58, edited 3 times in total.
Oceans rise, empires fall.
Plant a garden. Soon.
aspera
Peat
Peat

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 22:49:41

Plantagenet wrote:Unfortunately, the point of no return has already passed. The UN screwed up

At every turn you always point the finger at the wrong place.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 09:03:02

Seems to me you are agreeing. The United Nations is us.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:54:11

Newfie wrote:Seems to me you are agreeing. The United Nations is us.

So is Plant when he jumps on a plane again. But where does he tend to point the finger? At politicians and organizations. It's really a projection/scapegoating tactic.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 13:18:58

ASG,

Lay off it.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Revi » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 08:34:38

She made it! Now on to COP 25. Arrived like a true Viking!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ge-from-us
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 13:45:37

Revi wrote:She made it! Now on to COP 25. Arrived like a true Viking!

Viking species:

1. Male

2. Female

3. Swede

4. Future Swedes
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 15:43:34

Here's a video clip showing Greta Thunberg's arrival in Lisbon on board the Le Vagabonde.

climate-activist-greta-thunberg-criticizes-world-leaders-lack-of-action

Immediately upon landing she gave a short speech where she once again lambasted world leaders for their lack of action in dealing with climate change.

Someone asked her how she felt when she was invited to give speeches at the UN or other governmental agencies and they all applauded her after she denounced them, and Greta said she was laughing inside because she knows the UN and governmental leaders are just pretending to clap because they don't want to be exposed as frauds and do-nothings.

This video is really interesting...Greta's been on a boat for three weeks, crossing through some pretty nasty weather, and the moment she arrives in Lisbon she immediately launches into a very articulate speech denouncing the UN and other world leaders.

Saint Greta is going to give the UN phonies hell in Madrid.

CHEERS!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate