Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 10

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 10

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:18:37

Internal Combustion Engine vs The Kids
- No Contesto. Throw the Kids under the Bus.

Internal Combustion Engine vs The Progress Hoax
- No Contesto. Burn the universities down

Internal Combustion Engine vs The Health Care Sector
- No Contesto. Forget about Health care

Internal Combustion Engine vs Mansions
- No Contesto. Pull your home behind the truck

Internal Combustion Engine vs Jet Engine
- No Contesto. The Airlines go bye bye

Internal Combustion Engine vs Nuclear Reactor
- No Contesto. We'll be using gasoline gen sets when the power grid fails

Internal Combustion Engine vs BEV
- No Contesto. Lights are going off. Using a gasoline gen set to generate electricity for EV don't make sense

Internal Combustion Engine vs Food
- No Contesto. Eat dirt

Internal Combustion Engine vs Pensions
- No Contesto. Pensioners get needle in leg

Internal Combustion Engine vs Money From Nothing
- No Contesto. Watch the CrimCopters land on the Towers.

Internal Combustion Engine vs New Digital Currency
- No Contesto. Its the "Shale" "Oil" "Industry" the only game in town no matter paper or digital.

Internal Combustion Engine vs Wood Coffin
- No Contesto. The ICE is the new coffin.

Gasoline Internal Combustion Engine vs Diesel Internal Combustion Engine
- No Contesto. Shale is not diesel rich oil

Conclusion: We'll all die of starvation worshipping the internal combustion engine because of TINA.
Last edited by StarvingLion on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:28:14, edited 1 time in total.
Cog's brain was in a jar left open and maggots ate it.
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Yoshua » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:26:54

There's no alternative to the dollar. The GFC showed that the entire system will break down without dollar liquidity.

There's no trust for another currency. Gold isn't practical for global trade.

Cryptos are a joke. Zero trust.

The dollar isn't an eternal gift...but good enough to last long enough for the Americans to watch the world burn down on their plasma screens before the sirens go off.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:31:43

Yoshua wrote:There's no alternative to the dollar. The GFC showed that the entire system will break down without dollar liquidity.

Cryptos are a joke. Zero trust.

The dollar isn't an eternal gift...but good enough to last long enough for the Americans to watch the world burn down on their plasma screens before the sirens go off.

Thats because The Gasoline Internal Combustion Engine rules BECAUSE

There is nothing else besides THE "SHALE" "OIL" "INDUSTRY"

The "solution" will always be BUY A BIGGER GASOLINE POWERED TRUCK

Its already happened at Ford. They got rid of cars. Now they're getting rid of SUV's. Its GIGANTICISM of the GASOLINE ICE TRUCK to pull our new homes: Campers.
Last edited by StarvingLion on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:54:33, edited 1 time in total.
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:38:48

The Dow Chemical Company is FAILING

DD stock has gone from $83 to $62 in just 6 months.

Kroger The Retail Company is Kroaking.

The Kroger Co., or simply Kroger, is an American retailing company founded by Bernard Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is the United States' largest supermarket chain by revenue

KR stock has gone from $32 to $20 in just 1 year.

Delta Air Lines is on the brink of TOTAL COLLAPSE

Kiss the Jet Engine Goodbye
Last edited by StarvingLion on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:45:27, edited 1 time in total.
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:40:52

The CRIMS at the "Federal" "Reserve" are doing QE because the US Dollar is collapsing in the past 2 days. And the "price" of oil still has trouble rising.
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:51:22

Cog, The Hottie at the Ford Dealership insists that I have to buy a F-350 with this in it or else she has to work as a Street Hooker.

Cog, throw the Gold Criminal St. Angelo into jail. He might ruin our paradise.

All Hail our Coffin

StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 13:21:48

Yoshua wrote:There's no alternative to the dollar. The GFC showed that the entire system will break down without dollar liquidity.

I agree that, presently anyway, no other paper currency comes close to the dollar, re global trust. Nor has it earned it. And yes, as you mentioned, at this stage of the game, cryptos, with all their issues including hacks, are a joke.

For international trade, thinking about it, I agree that it's a big problem for gold. If one country behaves like Germany or Switzerland re currency soundness, and other countries behave like Zimbabwe or Greece -- how in the hell is that dealt with, if the unit of currency everyone is using globally is gold? Off the top, that simply stymies me.

That's why the US had to close the gold window in 1971 -- too many countries were realizing the jig was up, and wanted to redeem their dollars for gold. (It was illegal for US citizens to own gold bullion at the time).

I never thought of it before, but maybe THAT, and all the aftershocks as the system adjusted, was the primary driver of much of the overall high US inflation trend in the following decade (with oil also being a strong contributor).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 13:52:50

There's no alternative to the dollar. The GFC showed that the entire system will break down without dollar liquidity.

The only reason is that the dollar is the cleanest dirty shirt in the laundry. They have injected over a quarter of the world's GDP into the system, and it has produced zero inflation. Something is broke! The reliability of the dollar system must also near zero. It is used because it is essentially all there is, but that doesn't mean it's in good shape. With the debt hanging over the system the dollar only has lung cancer while everyone else has Ebola.

Today's 30 year auction came off with its lowest yield in history. When money is not worth anymore tomorrow than it is today, it wasn't worth much to begin with.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 14:02:15

The U.S. just sold $16 billion of 30-year bonds at a record low yield of 2.17%.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 14:04:05

shortonoil wrote:Today's 30 year auction came off with its lowest yield in history. When money is not worth anymore tomorrow than it is today, it wasn't worth much to begin with.

Like much of your endless fact free diatribe re the economy, your constant complaining that the dollar is nearly worthless is complete nonsense. Just look at a chart of the DXY, and compare it to say, a year ago, 3 years ago, 5 years ago, 10, 20, 30 years, etc. What's the problem, again? Why are we doomed short term from the weak dollar, again?

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/TVC-DXY/

Money tends to inflate over time, so it is worth less over time. True normally for all paper currencies. If you want your money to be worth more, you need to INVEST it productively over time, and get paid for that.

So strike your "when money isn't worth more tomorrow" idiocy.

Apparently, however you feel on day X, you just mouth nonsense about, and we're all supposed to accept it as gospel. Some day, if you ever have a decent track record on your calls overall, be sure and get back to us on that.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 14:06:15

Armageddon wrote:The U.S. just sold $16 billion of 30-year bonds at a record low yield of 2.17%.

And since you whine about virtually everything re economics, so what?

You fear hyperinflation. You fear high interest rates. You whine about low interest rates. For the umpteenth time, low interest rates are indicative of LOW INFLATION. Relax.

They're also indicative of investor confidence in the currency. Somehow, methinks all your "collapse" and "crash" ghost stories aren't working. :roll:

It's easy to complain all the time that doom is all around us for virtually any cherry picked figure you think you can justify as "bad", and then be wrong wrong wrong.

Why not get a life?
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 14:51:45

Goldman Expects QE4 To Start With A Bang: The Fed Will Buy $60BN Monthly For 4 Months
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 19:39:14

I guess I should be ashamed of the money I made in the market today. Woe is me.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 11 Oct 2019, 03:29:14

Armageddon wrote:Goldman Expects QE4 To Start With A Bang: The Fed Will Buy $60BN Monthly For 4 Months

So you'll call what's not QE4, per the Fed, QE4. Kind of like you call every downward wiggle in any market or indicator a "crash".

You and short must be the two most credible economic commentators in the world. Can I have your autographs? :roll:
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby EdwinSm » Fri 11 Oct 2019, 03:46:53

Definiton of Quantative Easing

What Is Quantitative Easing?

Quantitative easing is an unconventional monetary policy in which a central bank purchases government securities or other securities from the market in order to increase the money supply and encourage lending and investment. When short-term interest rqe iates are at or approaching zero, normal open market operations, which target interest rates, are no longer effective, so instead a central bank can target specified amounts of assets to purchase. Quantitative easing increases the money supply by purchasing assets with newly created bank reserves in order to provide banks with more liquidity.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quantitative-easing.asp

Does the FED's actions met that definition of QE? I.e. are they buying "government securities or other securities from the market"?
I know the spin is that the FED is trying do deny that their action re the Repro system meets the definition of what QE is. Part of the spin seems to be that the purchasing of the securities below a certain amount doesn't count as being a qualitative easing.
EdwinSm
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 11 Oct 2019, 08:43:42

This talk about the dollar does make some sense, given Trump's anti-global agenda. What will the rest of the world do regarding the dollar, if the US moves toward isolationism? I don't think they will move to put the euro into the same place. Instead, it is much more likely we would see some sort of crypto thing happen, but put together in a transparent enough fashion that it can be trusted. That might be possible in this information tracking world. But the dollar is not going to fall apart on its own. The dollar is where it is because of Bretton Woods. We may be headed for a post-Bretton Woods world. Even in such a world there would be need for a reserve currency. It just doesn't have to be the dollar. 8O
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 11 Oct 2019, 09:02:05

You and short must be the two most credible economic commentators in the world. Can I have your autographs?

NO!

But, can I have yours? It would go with my other "Dark Side of the Force" memorabilia.

Part of the spin seems to be that the purchasing of the securities below a certain amount doesn't count as being a qualitative easing.

So the FED is going to do QE on Thursday, but not Monday when it does POMO. That should clear up the confusion? The FED doesn't want to call it QE because if they do someone is gong to ask: "What happened to the first $20 trillion"?.

It might start a mad rush where everyone starts looking down rat holes!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 11 Oct 2019, 09:25:28

evilgenius wrote:This talk about the dollar does make some sense, given Trump's anti-global agenda. What will the rest of the world do regarding the dollar, if the US moves toward isolationism? I don't think they will move to put the euro into the same place. Instead, it is much more likely we would see some sort of crypto thing happen, but put together in a transparent enough fashion that it can be trusted. That might be possible in this information tracking world. But the dollar is not going to fall apart on its own. The dollar is where it is because of Bretton Woods. We may be headed for a post-Bretton Woods world. Even in such a world there would be need for a reserve currency. It just doesn't have to be the dollar. 8O

But one of the biggest weaknesses of crypto is it really is not transparent. The math is so complex, even with open source what's actually going on would only be comprehensible to a small segment of the population. Things could change, but crypto has a LONG way to go to gain serious credibility. Facebook is met with open derision by many, given its lack of trustworthiness and the idea of basing peoples' money on something it is involved with, much less leading. Crypto gets hacked. It's not insured. Visa cards and the dollar can offer security. Crypto isn't in the same league -- and I don't see that changing for decades.

I don't see why Trump himself would make anything existing remotely close to as acceptable as the dollar. Besides, for the umpteenth time, it's not 1944 (or even 1980). It's 2019 and the FX markets provide a far more viable and practical way to trade the major world currencies for anyone with money and a brain than any political agreement like Bretton Woods. Since re practicality, anyone can hold any net currency position they want (long or short) and react nearly instantly to any news if they want to change that position -- things like Bretton Woods are more or less a new point, 75 years later.

Now, in the long run, if the US continues to decline as an economic power, similar to what happened to Great Britian, then eventually, maybe something else like the Chinese Yuan, etc. could take its place, perhaps after some major event causes a big global meeting/agreement. But there's no need for formal announcements / agreements -- if China becomes very dominant over the US economically over time, the currency shift, and change in the value of the dollar, etc. would happen naturally, day by day and year by year, in the FX markets.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 11 Oct 2019, 09:30:47

Repo Market Liquidity Unexpectedly Deteriorates As Funding Shortage Surges 35%

While the market has by now fully priced in that the Fed will resume "NOT A QE", i.e. POMOs, i.e., BS-expanding Treasury Purchases as soon as the October FOMC (but more likely November), with Bank of America writing today that the Fed needs a "bazooka of asset purchases," estimating that the central bank needs to add about $300BN of reserves to return to an "abundant’ level", and Goldman predicting that the Fed will unleash no less than $60BN in POMO for the first 4 month of "NOT A QE"...

With $1.4 trillion in excess reserves they only missed by $300 billion! The FED needs to give up on the bazooka, and get some cluster bombs, and a tactical nuke!

Trying to pump money down a black hole of debt is wearing out the pump!

shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 11 Oct 2019, 09:34:41

shortonoil wrote:
You and short must be the two most credible economic commentators in the world. Can I have your autographs?

NO!

But, can I have yours? It would go with my other "Dark Side of the Force" memorabilia.

Part of the spin seems to be that the purchasing of the securities below a certain amount doesn't count as being a qualitative easing.

So the FED is going to do QE on Thursday, but not Monday when it does POMO. That should clear up the confusion? The FED doesn't want to call it QE because if they do someone is gong to ask: "What happened to the first $20 trillion"?.

It might start a mad rush where everyone starts looking down rat holes!

Too bad you're so clueless re math, as your posts over time show. If you had a clue, you could understand a concept like magnitude. Then you'd realize that there's a reason this differs from major QE operations. Or you could read Chairman Powell's remarks on the subject, but you also show a remarkable lack of ability to read and comprehend or learn.

But go ahead and play semantics games. People with a brain can throw your randomness in the sh*t pile, with your empty raving for the past decade re economics and ETP, right where it belongs.

If you invest on your beliefs as you state them, it's a wonder you aren't bankrupt. OTOH, when you welsh on a tiny debt and lie about it, maybe that's the reason.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance