Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Iran can breathe easy. Bolton fired.

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Iran can breathe easy. Bolton fired.

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 01:41:52

Well, Bolton have been (rather unexpectedly) "trumped".
So war with Iran is now unlikely.
Or do you think otherwise?
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Iran can breathe easy. Bolton fired.

Unread postby Cog » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 02:16:46

Good firing. Bolton never saw a war he didn't want to jump into feet first. A war with Iran was never likely with or without Bolton around.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:26:58

EnergyUnlimited wrote:Well, Bolton have been (rather unexpectedly) "trumped".

War is as close as the Iranians blowing up or seizing more oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz. Or the Iranians could trigger off a war with Israel by firing more missiles into Israel, either directly or through their proxies in Hezbollah and Syria. Or the Saudis could go nuclear to counteract the Iranians going nuclear, and that could trigger off conflict.

Trump removing Bolton does nothing to diminish the terrorism and worse coming from the Islamic fanatics in Iran.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Thu 12 Sep 2019, 21:14:17

Plantagenet wrote:
EnergyUnlimited wrote:Well, Bolton have been (rather unexpectedly) "trumped".

War is as close as the Iranians blowing up or seizing more oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz. Or the Iranians could trigger off a war with Israel by firing more missiles into Israel, either directly or through their proxies in Hezbollah and Syria. Or the Saudis could go nuclear to counteract the Iranians going nuclear, and that could trigger off conflict.

Trump removing Bolton does nothing to diminish the terrorism and worse coming from the Islamic fanatics in Iran.

Cheers!

Demented nonsense. Iran is not blowing up and seizing oil tankers. It is the UK that is acting like a collection of pirates for hire. That Iran retaliates is fully legitimate. Bitchy UK hypocrites should learn how to act like civilized people.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 12 Sep 2019, 21:31:24

dissident wrote: Iran is not blowing up and seizing oil tankers.

Of course they are.

iran-oil-tanker-attacks-in-the-strait-of-hormuz

Get it now?

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 13 Sep 2019, 08:47:52

Plantagenet wrote:Get it now?

What I "get" is you running defense for the republicans as always. International relations are a result of a series of interactions, just like any relationship, and the Trump administration has been part and parcel of facilitating Iran's shift to a further hardline stance.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 13 Sep 2019, 11:56:48

asg70 wrote:What I "get" is you running defense for the republicans as always.

???????

I think you are confused again. Geography is hard, I know, but lets see if we can sort this out.

Criticizing the Iranians for seizing oil tankers and setting limpet mines to explode and damage others is not "running defense for the republicans."

The Iranians are ruled by Islamic fundamentalists and live in Iran.

The Republicans are your fellow American citizens and live here in the United States.

The Republicans and the Iranians are totally different groups of people who live in different countries thousands of miles apart.

Do you get it now?

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 13 Sep 2019, 12:51:26

Cog wrote:Good firing. Bolton never saw a war he didn't want to jump into feet first. A war with Iran was never likely with or without Bolton around.

If Bolton is indeed a chicken hawk, as was reported in Newsweek today, then that's for sure. (I'm sure there will be disagreements about semantics like legal deferments, etc).

https://www.newsweek.com/draft-dodging- ... ar-1441548

One thing Ross Perot sure had right was that IF the US feels the need to get into a real war, it should be important enough that everyone's taxes go up meaningfully to pay for it. That alone should mostly prevent US politicians from pushing for unneeded wars.

And then if something serious like 9-11 or Pearl Harbor comes along and the need is serious, the people will see it is serious and back it, at least for a "reasonable" period of time. If not, successful politicians don't win or help their party by pissing off the entire electorate for no good reason.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics