Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 9

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 9

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 00:32:30

rockdoc123 wrote:
This is a continuation of the 2008 crash. 

A crash means a rapid drop in stock prices, which happened on September 29th 2018 when the Dow fell 777.68 points. Since then the Dow has steadily risen from 7062 at market bottom in February of 2019 to 26,287.44 currently or about 3.7 times higher.

That is by definition not a crash….the stock prices are rising. The "crash" ended in early 2019.

I suggest you stick with physical gold investments as it is very clear you have zero understanding of the stock market. :roll:

When did I mention the stock market? Try to keep up skippy
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 00:48:17

marmico wrote:
This is a continuation of the 2008 crash.

Nice deal for your spouse, braggadocio. Her trustee (she must be as dumb as you to need a trustee) only had $450K in the Vanguard 500 account in 2008 to push it to $2000K today. Where is that outhouse in Manhattan where you stacked your $50 silver from the Nelson Bunker Hunt days 40 years ago? That outhouse would be quite valuable today. ROTFLMFAO.

Looks like you’ve been hitting the sauce on this Saturday evening.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 06:57:48

A crash means a rapid drop in stock prices

Or, it means that debt is no longer worth owning. It has no return. The stock price crash is following right behind.

Global bond yields have fallen to 120-year low
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/globa ... 2019-08-09

An exponentially growing debt doesn't have anything to do with this; does it? Debt now has almost no value, and the CB are out of bullets. QE won't work, and they only have 33 bps of interest to cut. Next comes the big crash; the complete failure of the credit markets. This crash will be unlike any ever seen before; the ending of the oil age is the new wrinkle. Our world is dying from energy starvation.

Ignorance is bliss, except for those who can make a profession out it.

shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 08:34:01

JPMorgan: The Fed Will Need To Restart QE Soon

Has JPM been reading my posts on here?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Yoshua » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 09:32:45

German car production has fallen of a cliff with no bottom in sight yet...and this while the ECB still hasn't raised the rate above zero.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBrsZ1FXUAE ... me=900x900
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 09:34:32

Armageddon wrote:When did I mention the stock market? Try to keep up skippy

Maybe you should, considering that the thread is: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 9

Armageddon wrote:Has JPM been reading my posts on here?

The delusions of grandeur are real.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 09:55:04

asg70 wrote:
Armageddon wrote:When did I mention the stock market? Try to keep up skippy

Maybe you should, considering that the thread is: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 9

Armageddon wrote:Has JPM been reading my posts on here?

The delusions of grandeur are real.

We’ve went over this numerous times..... we are discussing “economic collapse” in this thread. Try to keep up
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 10:58:38

We’ve went over this numerous times..... we are discussing “economic collapse” in this thread. Try to keep up

He has had this problem all of his life. He was the only kid in the 6th grade that ate his report card. He is still trying to get the "Fs" out from between his teeth. It's distracting.

Speaking of "economic collapse"; the FFR just reached the neutral rate. Anything below that generates negative cash flow for the average portfolio holder. We will see if the CB can stop a tsunami?
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 11:14:22

JPMorgan: The Fed Will Need To Restart QE Soon.

Has JPM been reading my posts on here?

It won't do anything, but make things worse, if the credit markets fail. The bond market is telling us it doesn't look very healthy. Paying someone to own a bond is just not likely to get that popular.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 11:18:38

shortonoil wrote:

He has had this problem all of his life. He was the only kid in the 6th grade that ate his report card. He is still trying to get the "Fs" out from between his teeth. It's distracting.

Speaking of "economic collapse"; the FFR just reached the neutral rate. Anything below that generates negative cash flow for the average portfolio holder. We will see if the CB can stop a tsunami?

I think ZIPR, NIRP, QE4 and their printing presses can keep this charade going for a little while longer. The world is dumping the US $ like it has Ebola. How long can the US keep monetizing its debt? We’ll see. This is why I went “all in” on gold and silver. Mostly silver. It may not do me any good in the eventual outcome, but I’d rather have it than not.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 11:32:13

Armageddon wrote:we are discussing “economic collapse” in this thread.

It is NOT the focus of the thread, only something you've attempted to steer it into through stubborn persistence (which is a hallmark of the remaining active posters). Just because you've gotten away with it via loose moderation doesn't mean suddenly the title of the thread is invalid.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 12:57:29

the title of the thread is Stock Market Crash now Pt.9 not Economic Crash. Perhaps reading literacy was not a requisite in the schools where you apparently acquired your less than adequate math skills?

But keep up with the moronic insults....I'm sure you think it diverts attention away from some of the stupidity you try to push here. :roll:
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 13:01:29

The 3 stooges know the economy is crashing so the market is all they have to cling to. They love diverting the attention away from the real crises.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 13:20:59

Actually we like talking about the title of this thread, which is this stock market crash, which has not transpired. You doomers have talked about everything but that topic.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 13:36:47

I think ZIPR, NIRP, QE4 and their printing presses can keep this charade going for a little while longer.

The PM play is definitely the right move with things the way they are. Gold and silver have over a 5,000 year track record. But if I am not mistaken, and I still don't have all the pieces together yet, it is starting to appear like the CB are losing control. When the FED cut last week the market went down, and the dollar rose. That is not the way it is supposed to work! The excuse for it happening was market sentiment. I call BS on that one! Traders are watching their cash flow, and that is all a trader watches, or they aren't a trader for very long. When the FED cut it must have driven liquidity out of the system. The market responded. Dollars got rarer, and the dollar went up. Cash got harder to come by, and the stock market fell.

It all has to do with the debt and oil, and they are dancing the Minuet together. They are in perfect sync. When you check back historically they have always been in sync. There is something big going on here, and it is bigger than a CB. Something as big as gravity. Putting too much faith in the FED about now, could to be a big mistake? Overcoming the brain washing is the difficult part.

In the background - "Holy, Holy, Holy FED" with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir."

shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 16:39:52

Bankruptcy filings rising across the country and it could get worse

https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/bankruptc ... get-worse/
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 17:57:22

Armageddon wrote:The 3 stooges know the economy is crashing so the market is all they have to cling to. They love diverting the attention away from the real crises.

With GDP rising, only an "expert" like you would claim the economy is "crashing".

But of course, your history of accurate calls makes you so accurate -- in your own mind. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 18:50:14

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Armageddon wrote:The 3 stooges know the economy is crashing so the market is all they have to cling to. They love diverting the attention away from the real crises.

With GDP rising, only an "expert" like you would claim the economy is "crashing".

But of course, your history of accurate calls makes you so accurate -- in your own mind. :roll:

GDP is rising? Really?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 18:52:15

"Everything Has Changed" - Gold Is At An All-Time High In 73 Countries | Zero Hedge

Just scratching the surface on what’s coming.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 11 Aug 2019, 21:52:52

“Developments since Federal Reserve policy makers cut interest rates last week may present headwinds to the economy that warrant more easing, Chicago Fed President Charles Evans said.

‘And you could take the view that the risks now have gone up, and as we think we’re going to get closer to the zero lower bound with higher probability, that would also call for more accommodation.’”

as in QE?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance